Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pheromones. Any good?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried pheromones? what kind of results did u get and what brand is better??
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
has wrote:
Has anyone tried pheromones? what kind of results did u get and what brand is better??

I have only seen these used in perfumes? Is that what you are referring to? Are they now in a skin care line?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
no I mean perfumes. did I post in the wrong section? If so I'm sorry Embarassed
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 am      Reply with quote
has wrote:
no I mean perfumes. did I post in the wrong section? If so I'm sorry Embarassed

No not the wrong section, in perfumes pheromones are supposed to attract the opposite sex. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
yeah, any one got results?? there is so many brands out there. wich works better?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Ooooo Shock ....attracting the opposite sex...I am all game for this!! Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Does it only work on men attracting women? Somehow I feel that women probably don't need it?
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
there is a forum with lots of info . Actually too much . I started last once to look into tjis one and got lost somehow http://www.pheromonetalk.com/
Good luck and let us know as well if you discovered something exciting Smile
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
has wrote:

There are pheremones in the Paris Hilton perfume, the one with the wavy black stripes on the bottle. Years ago I saw a mini size at a discount store. Should have bought it, then I could tell you if it was any good.

It's got good reviews at Sephora:
Paris Hilton
The sparkling signature of this scent personifies its creator. Chic enough to be worn to the hottest clubs, it also possesses a feminine, flirtatious charm. And for those who want to leave nothing to chance, a "secret" ingredient has been blended into this magic potion - one that's guaranteed to enhance the wearer's allure.

Notes:
Frozen Apple, Peach Nectar, Wet Ozone, Sparkling Muguet, Freesia, Mimosa, Jasmine, Tuberose, Skin Musk, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Oakmoss, Pheromone.
Style:
Chic. Sexy. Mysterious.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, what timing! I just finished looking at a list of seminars at an upcoming anti-aging show in the area and noticed that a company will be giving a presentation on pheromones and the products they sell that contain and/or stimulate them. Here is a link to their website for more product info in case you are interested (and no, it isn't a S&M website, even though it looks like one!).
www.mastermistress.com/science.html

Here is an excerpt that peaked my interest:

Quote:
Q. What are the benefits of using Master & Mistress pheromone products?
A. -More eye contacts and smiles from the opposite sex
-You will be found more sexually attractive
-More opportunities for dates and intimacy
-A rejuvenation of your current relationship
-More passionate lovemaking
-The opposite sex will feel more relaxed and at ease with you
-The opposite sex will start up conversation with you
-Increase your self confidence
-Same sex will intuitively respect you
-Better business / employment relationships

I hope I can get some samples at the show and test these pheromone products out first hand!!! Cool Shock Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to add that a few years ago I almost ordered a pheromone-stimulating essential oil product called, "Calypso's Oil with Social Pheromones" from Skinbiology, but then changed my mind. Not all of the scents offered work for everyone and I couldn't decide which one to try so I nixed the idea.

I am pretty sure there are EDS members who have tried these pheromone oils from Skinbiology but they may not be posting anymore, so current feedback might be slim right now.

Here is the link in case you are interested and want to learn more.

http://store.reverseskinaging.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=50

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Yes. I have been using the skinbiology oils with pheromones for about 6 mths. I am 43 and happily married but was trying b/c it is supposed to bring about better relations with your spouse as well (and I work with mine LOL)......anyway.....

never before in my life have I been approached by a male you know just like out of the blue and now this has happened twice. First by a 25 yo!!! and second by a thirty something guy who basically declared his love LOL!!!!

I think I've decided to stop using it as I just don't need this kind of excitement at my age!!!!!!

PS. it didn't help with my hubby as he is still a big pain in the ......

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Snow...which SkinBio ones are you using?

I was looking at those and was going to order some to try out...

Do you use the actual body spray or the Calypso Oil and in what scents?

Interesting though that they work and quite frankly I wouldn't mind a bit of male attention! Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:23 am      Reply with quote
They do work,imo. There was some forum that had a link to a pheromone site with free samples. I sent for some and just got too much random attention from guys for me to think it was a coincidence.

It seemed to work really well if I was in close proximity to a guy for at least 5-10 minutes. The samples came in these little gel packets. I'm blanking on the name right now but I'll try to remember.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:00 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Yes. I have been using the skinbiology oils with pheromones for about 6 mths. I am 43 and happily married but was trying b/c it is supposed to bring about better relations with your spouse as well (and I work with mine LOL)......anyway.....

never before in my life have I been approached by a male you know just like out of the blue and now this has happened twice. First by a 25 yo!!! and second by a thirty something guy who basically declared his love LOL!!!!

I think I've decided to stop using it as I just don't need this kind of excitement at my age!!!!!!

PS. it didn't help with my hubby as he is still a big pain in the ......

Wow - I'd say you've had some great results even though the desired *target* was somewhat unresponsive! Wink My sister works exclusively with women (both co-workers & clients) and said she'll slather herself in pheromones if this means the same sex will intuitively respect her more when they are in her presence. Working with women can be so much more difficult than working with men, unfortunately. Rolling Eyes That said, I think working with your husband can be even worse, especially if it's long term (talk about a romance killer!).

What Skinbio pheromone oil(s) did you try or find the most effective? I still can't make up my mind between the Patchouli and the Ylang Ylang & Nutmeg. My sister and I are attending the same anti-aging show in a few weeks and hope to receive some pheromone samples from the company I mentioned in another post. I'll try to request some samples from Skinbio and then compare them to the other company. I'm hoping that one of these pheromone scents or oils will be effective enough to increase any positive reactions from both men and women at two reunions I'm attending this summer (there will be a certain male there that I haven't seen for 20 years that I would looooovvee to bewitch for a few hours - lol!!!). Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
I still can't make up my mind between the Patchouli and the Ylang Ylang & Nutmeg.

I have the Ylang Ylang one from Skin Bio..it's very nice. I have some client meetings coming up...I think I'll pull it out! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:15 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I have the Ylang Ylang one from Skin Bio..it's very nice. I have some client meetings coming up...I think I'll pull it out! Very Happy

Thanks, Bethany. The SkinBiology website used to allow you to purchase sample sizes of the pheromone oils (or add one or two small samples as a bonus with an order), but it looks like you can only order an 8 oz bottle now. I'll have to send an email to double check this. I really want to try some samples before I commit to a large size of the Ylang Ylang oil.

I hope you do apply it before your next client meeting and then come back and tell us if you noticed anyone behaving more friendly or positive towards you. Or better yet - that your meeting went so well that you ended up with some new business that you didn't expect and/or met someone really interesting! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:04 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Snow...which SkinBio ones are you using?

I was looking at those and was going to order some to try out...

Do you use the actual body spray or the Calypso Oil and in what scents?

Interesting though that they work and quite frankly I wouldn't mind a bit of male attention! Laughing

I use the one they call Calypso perfume in "asian oud" ....I diskike the smell intensly..so I add another oil over it to give a more pleasing scent. If I was ordering again I would try the Ylang Ylang.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
This is the site with the free samples-
http://www.love-scent.com/product_info.php/p/sample-packets-for-women/products_id/142?osCsid=86d21bd00502c56a3833461f560a4db8

The sample they are currently offering is not the one I received before so I can't say whether it would work or not. They sell all different brands.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder how much of the effects of pheromones can be attributed to their psychological effects on the wearer (i.e., increased confidence, more outgoing) vs. their effects on the opposite sex?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
I wonder how much of the effects of pheromones can be attributed to their psychological effects on the wearer (i.e., increased confidence, more outgoing) vs. their effects on the opposite sex?

That's a very good question...I'm sure that definitely comes into play as well.

Here is a link from Skin Biology on how it works...

http://reverseskinaging.com/pheromones.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany - Thanks for the link, will make for some interesting reading.
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
has wrote:

Hi Has,

Yes, I use pheromones and have done a lot of my own little studies. Very interesting indeed!
I've tried most of SB's Pheromones Scents either in the body perfume or body lotion. The body perfume seems to bring more noticeable responses. There is definitely something to it. When in public, People tend to be kinder, make eye contact, hold doors, etc., there are some unexplainable stares.

My fav body perfume it the Ylang Ylang/Nutmeg or the SB-74 Pheromone Only Spray. The pure sandalwood base makes them exotic but light.

I make an effort to be sure I wear when I am out in public, especially if I know I may be dealing with any chronically testy women. Other times I wear it - JUST IN CASE! Laughing The YY/NM seems to have a positive effect on "women's bitter personalities" and always brings winks, head turns and nods out of the men.

The down side is that it only works in person. If only they worked through cyber space! Laughing
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
This is all so interesting! Thanks everyone for their contributions to this thread. I think I am going to try the Skin Bio Ylang Ylang body spray...

I'm going to be meeting a very important male in a few weeks and I figure any help in a positive direction is a bonus Laughing
I work around many females also, so needless to say they/we can get a bit cranky...will test this out in the workplace over the next few weeks. It will be interesting to see if I get any positive reactions.

ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:
I make an effort to be sure I wear when I am out in public, especially if I know I may be dealing with any chronically testy women. Other times I wear it - JUST IN CASE! Laughing The YY/NM seems to have a positive effect on "women's bitter personalities" and always brings winks, head turns and nods out of the men.

LOL - I am so glad to hear that SB's pheromone perfume spray is actually effective when dealing with "chronically testy women" and those that have "bitter personalities"!! I couldn't help but laugh at your description, which is sadly accurate in many cases! Wink

Can you tell me how you applied the spray. For instance did you spray it on a specific area of your body such as your torso or chest? Have you ever tried applying the non-scented version above your upper lip? If so, did you notice any additional positive effects from your own behaviour (as in talking with more ease or confidence to people) or notice others talking more to you?

I've decided to go ahead and order a bottle of the SB ylang-ylang perfume spray since so many seem to like it or have had a positive effect using it. Thanks for sharing your own experience.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |