Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Regenix Hair Loss Treatment - Not worth it in my opinion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I heard about Regenix on a radio commercial. It sounded convincing and scientific. Also it had a 30-day money back guarantee, so I thought what the heck! Nothing to lose!

I tried the start-up intro kit which was advertised as half price for $153.

The intro kit was shipped to me nearly 10 days after the order was placed, so I got less than 30 days to try this, so of course, I missed the guarantee period since I really wanted to give it time for it to work.

The intro kit consists of a shampoo (which has SLS in it), a cleanser, and a scalp protector in 8 oz bottle each. The scalp protector is supposed to eliminate bacteria, while the cleanser (more SLS) is for removing debris. Then the kit has 12 little vials of treatment solution. You're supposed to shampoo and use one vial of treatment one day. Then wait over 24 hours for your next shampoo. I tried to stretch it to 2 or 3 days between shampoo. The next time you shampoo, you will then use just the shampoo, cleanser, and scalp protector without the treatment. Then you alternate between the two steps.

It's been 6 weeks or so for me now using this kit, and I still experience the same amount of hair loss. I am not noticing any new growth. The itchiness is a little better.

The micro hair analysis was done free of charge for me. They sent me the results showing a picture of my hair follicles which appeared awfully dirty, and they said they could help fix it for me to ensure healthy scalp and new hair growth. But to continue with the treatment, I'd have to pay $792 for 36 treatment vials, which will last me 3 months. If I want to save some money, I can order more vials, like 250 treatment vials for only $2,500 or 20 months of treatment.

Also they said this is a lifetime maintenance, so once I am done with the 20 months (if I have that much money to spend on the treatment), then I will have to order more.

So I decided to give up this program before I even got started. Maybe I'd change my attitude a little if the intro package worked miracle on my hair loss problem. But even the smallest order would almost cost me $1000; I just can't afford it.

Has anyone tried Regenix and got a better result or decided to stick with the program?
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn - Thanks for your review. There are so many raves on here, but it's equally helpful to be warned when products aren't all they say they are. Smile
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi 3rd, not sure if it will work if I were to stick with the program and shell out another $1K, but I am unwilling to go for it since there is no guarantee that it will work. I don't have that much money so $1K is a lot for me to waste on a product I don't know if it works. If I know for sure it will cure my hair loss problem, I don't mind paying. The other issue I see is I have to keep paying a ton of money for the solution for the rest of my life.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, $1K++ is pretty steep for something you don't have evidence will work.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn,

once i got my skin back healthy and normal, i started on my haircare.

i started with a few products... this is the first hair thread i started...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36980

my hair is just thinning from age and stress. i find that since i'm older, i have lost half my mass and each hair strand is thinner. the stress factor doesn't help either. when i'm very stressed, which is quite frequently, i lose mass amounts of hair.

i first tried and still using hair growing products... and now have incorporated 'shedding' products. the shedding products that i have great success with in the past 3 weeks (very stressful weeks) were the ampoules of ecrinal and phyto hair. they both did an amazing job preventing hair loss. in those 3 stressful weeks and even now, i hardly lose any hair while brushing or bathing. i use it on a regular basis. i'm very impressed. i'm so impressed, i wonder why there aren't any reviews about it on EDS. very strange indeed!

ayways, the ampoules really work. the maintenance program is 1 ampoule per week. to me, that is do-able!

i was so excited about the results of ecrinal and phyto hair, that i purchased 3000 worth of hair products for phyto hair, rene furterer, ecrinal, etc. it should last me a while... and i don't ever want to be without those ampoules. i plan to grow my massive hair back.

HTH

i'm busy working these days, and still fine tuning my haircare routine... but as soon as things are more stable i will write reviews on them.

good luck!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
SteveB123

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Regenix works extremely well when you use it right. I stopped loosing my hair and it's noticeably thicker, thankfully. Natylyn, sounds like you didn't follow the directions and that's probably why it didn't work. You said you tried to stretch it to 3 days before you shampooed after using Regenix. You can't wait 2 or 3 days before shampooing the treatment out. You have to shampoo it out 8 to 24 hours after you put it in and you have to do this 3 times each week. I live in LA, so I actually go into their treatment centers to get my treatments done instead of them mailing it to me. Nat, maybe you should too, that way you will know that you are doing it right and it doesn't cost anything and they give you a nice head massage while they put it in for you.

I don't usually post replies, but it was incorrect comments like yours that almost kept me from using Regenix so I felt the need. I am so glad that I checked it out for myself. Regenix had a great rating (A+) on BBB and I heard about it from Bill Handel on news/talk radio here in LA. Handel is a lawyer so I don't think he would risk his image/trustworthiness talking about a product that doesn't work. His wife's used Regenix for years and I see other hosts from his radio station at the Regenix treatment center and they don't talk about it on air (I guess they are embaressed). I've seen a lot of celebrities in passing at the treatment center. I have some of my guy friends using it too and they are seeing results as well. One guy I told about it got turned away because he was not a candidate even though he had some hair left. I appreciate the fact that they only work with people who can benefit from it and how it is free to find out if it will work for you. Nat, you should call them and try it again but follow the directions this time. It is worth the money when it actually helps you save your own hair and grow more of your own hair out of your own scalp unlike transplants or products that make your hair look thicker with goop.

Anybody who was like me (skeptical), I think you should go in for the free analysis if you live in Southern California or mail them the hair sample but whatever you do find out if you are even a candidate because if you are like me this stuff can save your hair and your confidence. I felt so disgusting watching my hair get thinner and this saved me. Good luck Nat and anyone else on here.
yuan1
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
SteveB, how much did it cost you to be in the program? How much to maintain?

SteveB123 wrote:
Regenix works extremely well when you use it right. I stopped loosing my hair and it's noticeably thicker, thankfully. Natylyn, sounds like you didn't follow the directions and that's probably why it didn't work. You said you tried to stretch it to 3 days before you shampooed after using Regenix. You can't wait 2 or 3 days before shampooing the treatment out. You have to shampoo it out 8 to 24 hours after you put it in and you have to do this 3 times each week. I live in LA, so I actually go into their treatment centers to get my treatments done instead of them mailing it to me. Nat, maybe you should too, that way you will know that you are doing it right and it doesn't cost anything and they give you a nice head massage while they put it in for you.

I don't usually post replies, but it was incorrect comments like yours that almost kept me from using Regenix so I felt the need. I am so glad that I checked it out for myself. Regenix had a great rating (A+) on BBB and I heard about it from Bill Handel on news/talk radio here in LA. Handel is a lawyer so I don't think he would risk his image/trustworthiness talking about a product that doesn't work. His wife's used Regenix for years and I see other hosts from his radio station at the Regenix treatment center and they don't talk about it on air (I guess they are embaressed). I've seen a lot of celebrities in passing at the treatment center. I have some of my guy friends using it too and they are seeing results as well. One guy I told about it got turned away because he was not a candidate even though he had some hair left. I appreciate the fact that they only work with people who can benefit from it and how it is free to find out if it will work for you. Nat, you should call them and try it again but follow the directions this time. It is worth the money when it actually helps you save your own hair and grow more of your own hair out of your own scalp unlike transplants or products that make your hair look thicker with goop.

Anybody who was like me (skeptical), I think you should go in for the free analysis if you live in Southern California or mail them the hair sample but whatever you do find out if you are even a candidate because if you are like me this stuff can save your hair and your confidence. I felt so disgusting watching my hair get thinner and this saved me. Good luck Nat and anyone else on here.
yuan1
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, but also do you think the results are different for men and women? I assume you are male and Natalyn is female.

SteveB123 wrote:

SteveB123

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yuan, I think it works as well for men and women both but you should ask the people at Regenix they will know for sure. Here are the differences that I have seen in people that I know and know of. As you see on my original post, I learned about it from Handel who's wife used it forever and who's sidekick Michelle used it for a long time (both women). I've been listening to him for years. I've seen recent pictures of his wife and her hair is thick and gorgeous and she is an older woman.
The differences I've noticed in people that I know is the younger they are or the quicker they start using Regenix once they started loosing their hair the quicker the hair comes back in. That's why I think Matthew Mcconaughy (spelling?, the actor) had such success. My oldest guy friend who only uses Regenix didn't grow much back but stopped loosing his hair, which was a huge win. He's 60ish. The guys who use Rogaine at the same time as Regenix see the best results but the guys who don't use Rogaine and only use Regenix choose to do that because they'd rather have less hair grow back (or take longer to grow in) and know what grows will not fall out if they stop using Rogaine. When you stop using Rogain the hair you grew while on Rogaine tends to fall out. But Rogaine really does help your hair grow back fast, especially when you use it with Regenix. They have Rogaine for women, but that's the hard choice you have to make on whether or not to use Regenix alone or Regenix at the same time as Rogaine. Everyone is different, the worst experience is you get to keep what you still have. But most people I know grew more hair and all of us are very happy with it. When in the treatment center I see women being treated too, so I don't think it matters. Just don't be like Natyln; you do have to follow the directions and they are simple enough to follow.
As far as cost in the beginning about $200 a month and now that I just maintain it it's only about $200 a year. Be sure to ask for the discounts for pre-paying. It's more expensive to pay as you go. I tend to spend a lot on good hair products anyway so I never noticed the cost much and for me plugs or transplants or any form or surgery was not an option I wanted to entertain.
Good luck and let me know what you think.
sashabelle

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
My friends and I use biotin for our hair. It makes other hair on your body grow faster too so expect to shave a little more. I started using biotin when stress was causing my hair to fall out-alopecia areata. I hear about a lot of women using prenatal vitamins for hair growth too but I haven't gone that far yet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
I heard about Regenix on a radio commercial. It sounded convincing and scientific. Also it had a 30-day money back guarantee, so I thought what the heck! Nothing to lose!

I tried the start-up intro kit which was advertised as half price for $153.

The intro kit was shipped to me nearly 10 days after the order was placed, so I got less than 30 days to try this, so of course, I missed the guarantee period since I really wanted to give it time for it to work.

The intro kit consists of a shampoo (which has SLS in it), a cleanser, and a scalp protector in 8 oz bottle each. The scalp protector is supposed to eliminate bacteria, while the cleanser (more SLS) is for removing debris. Then the kit has 12 little vials of treatment solution. You're supposed to shampoo and use one vial of treatment one day. Then wait over 24 hours for your next shampoo. I tried to stretch it to 2 or 3 days between shampoo. The next time you shampoo, you will then use just the shampoo, cleanser, and scalp protector without the treatment. Then you alternate between the two steps.

It's been 6 weeks or so for me now using this kit, and I still experience the same amount of hair loss. I am not noticing any new growth. The itchiness is a little better.

The micro hair analysis was done free of charge for me. They sent me the results showing a picture of my hair follicles which appeared awfully dirty, and they said they could help fix it for me to ensure healthy scalp and new hair growth. But to continue with the treatment, I'd have to pay $792 for 36 treatment vials, which will last me 3 months. If I want to save some money, I can order more vials, like 250 treatment vials for only $2,500 or 20 months of treatment.

Also they said this is a lifetime maintenance, so once I am done with the 20 months (if I have that much money to spend on the treatment), then I will have to order more.

So I decided to give up this program before I even got started. Maybe I'd change my attitude a little if the intro package worked miracle on my hair loss problem. But even the smallest order would almost cost me $1000; I just can't afford it.

Has anyone tried Regenix and got a better result or decided to stick with the program?

I have heard very bad things about these type of money back guarantees due to the fact that it always takes them forever to ship it too you, hence most people miss out on the money back guarantee, as you need to use it for more than a few days to see if it's right for you. It's a bit of a scam if you ask me and I can't say I have ever read any great reviews when it comes to these types of hair loss products.

A friend tried out quite a few including this one and really didn't see any improvement after using it for about 6 months so wasted quite a bit of money. I'm not saying all products are like this, however the one's that do seem to work get lost in the mix due to the fact that people get put off because they don't want to spend and waste anymore money on something that may not work.

I hope you find something that works for you. Smile
l0rrie
5% products discount

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I have had TREMENDOUS hair loss.. Almost impossible to imagine.. I literally lost like a thousand hairs on a day and this was on a daily basis.. I have tried EVERYTHING.. from vitamins, and other treatment pills to expensive products that couldnt realize what they promised.. Eventually my aunty had a friend whose an Ayurvedic doctor.. He advised me to use a mask made of yoghurt, honey, jojoba oil and almond oil, for max twice a week and every week AND IT WORKS WONDERS!!! I also had an oily scalp and that also dissappeared.. Pleaaase give it a try, it's cheap, and I hope it will work wonders for you to..
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much 10rrie. I will give the mask a try. Just a quick question: any kind of plain yogurt, and any type of honey? Where did you get the almond oil?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |