Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

pimples AND wrinkles :( need recs pls!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I am 34 and am currently battling hormonal acne. Right now I am using a 5% BP cleanser and a SA moisturizer during day to combat the cystic acne. Also just added Boots Perfect & Protect Intense this month.

I am looking for any recs for product lines that combat acne and wrinkles, as I am finding since the "acne" products are drying they seem to be accenting my fine lines (around eyes and forehead). My skin just seems dull and lifeless Sad

Thinking about trying Avene Diacneal, would that be a good choice?
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
cbrooke, You might want to look into Obagi he has one for acne and it will also to wonders for wrinkles and after the treatment your skin look much better and have a glow.It is not for the faint of heart,alot of work,but oh so worth it.HTH
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Since I don't know what type of skin you have, I'll make a few suggestions. Go ahead and use whatever moisturizers work for you but - at night, after the moisturizer has sunk in - dab on a good amount of Erno Lazlo Heavy Controlling Lotion with a cotton ball over your acne breakouts. You could also dip a Q-tip into a 2% salicylic acid toner and touch it to each pimple, let dry, then put the Controlling Lotion on top.

Another thought: I don't have acne but I do get several recurring pimples in spite of my mostly normal-to-dry skin. I've discovered recently that using a moisturizer high in niacinamide has helped reduce the size of the pimples. When I first switched to this type of moisturizer I broke out with a few new pimples, but that only happened during the first week and has not happened since.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
cbrooke wrote:
I am 34 and am currently battling hormonal acne. Right now I am using a 5% BP cleanser and a SA moisturizer during day to combat the cystic acne. Also just added Boots Perfect & Protect Intense this month.

I am looking for any recs for product lines that combat acne and wrinkles, as I am finding since the "acne" products are drying they seem to be accenting my fine lines (around eyes and forehead). My skin just seems dull and lifeless Sad

Thinking about trying Avene Diacneal, would that be a good choice?

I had adult acne from 28-33, towards the end my skin was also dull and lifeless. You may need hormonal help.

Books to read are It's My Ovaries Stupid by Elizabeth Vliet, Unblemished by the ProActiv docs, Rodan and Fields, and The Hormonally Vulnerable Woman by Geoffrey Redmond.

After 30 acne is caused by hormonal imbalances having to do with perimenopause, not what skin care products you use or don't use. Hormones are controversial sure but going on the pill is still one of the best choices I ever made for myself.

I used 2% salicylic acid wash the first year and a half I was on the pill and benzoyl peroxide on my nose for lingering blackheads too. My skin did clear up pretty fast though on the pill and I have had few breakouts in the 6 years I've been on it.

I know hormones are controversial due to WHI. Bioidentical hormones are a possibility too. Just using progesterone isn't going to help though. I tried that with no luck. You have to read the Vliet book to understand what's happening to your ovaries and why you need to either shut them down (sounds extreme but it was the best choice I ever made) or use BHRT to balance them. An aggressive approach is necessary.

Dr. Redmond says that dull skin is due to a hormonal imbalance. Hard to accept I know.

I can't post links since I am new. There is a blogger who cleared up her skin with the pill, blog is called Saavy Skin.
HTH
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much Gretchen and all.
I am 100% sure that it is all hormonal related as I get very large under the skin "pimples" that last for 2 months or more and break out on my chin mostly before my period. About 2 years ago I went off all birth control to lower my blood pressure and ease migraine headaches so unfortunately going back on the pill is not really an option. I feel like my body is still out of wack either due to many many years on birth control or even peri-menopause???
I will look into the books that you suggested.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
good exercise can help it.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I am in same boat as you.....fine lines are starting to show up and acne is still hanging around too....sounds like a great perty...huh?

BTW, i tried Diacneal...didnt do anything for me...but I do have sturdy skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I recently discovered Mario Bardescu skin care products. I bought the acne kit and I am shocked at how well it works.

http://www.mariobadescu.com/Skin-Care

I noticed they have an anti-aging line so you might be to help both problems.

HTH

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using vitamin C serum for three months in order to fight my wrinkles and acne, it makes my skin glow and lighten my acne scars a little bit.

I start using AHA (Neostrata cleanser and GEL PLUS) for 2 weeks now, and it's so amazing !!
My face becomes so smooth and it clears out 80% of my whiteheads(bumps) and 50% of acne scars...
<I don't notice any significant changes in wrinkles and fine lines though>

I think skincare including AHA is a life saver for those who have acne problem !!!
(AHA maybe too harsh and irritating for some people who have sensitive skin)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |