Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is Vitamin A oil as effective as Retin A?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I was thinking of trying a vitamin A oil, such as Rosehip seed, as I find Retin A a bit drying. Has anyone had just as much success with Vit A oil as one can expect from Retin A ?

thanks

Jackie xx
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have personal experience with it, but I would think that anything that requires a prescription to get would be documented as effective.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was thinking of trying a vitamin A oil, such as Rosehip seed, as I find Retin A a bit drying. Has anyone had just as much success with Vit A oil as one can expect from Retin A ?

thanks

Jackie xx

I really wouldn't expect even remotely the same results with rosehip oil as with Retin A.

If you do not want to use RA (I personally don't any longer), consider a product that is formulated with a high % of Vit A and a proven delivery system. I use a retinol product with 1% retinol in an Emolugel delivery system, and do not have any of the irritation I used to get with RA.

You can also take your RA and mix it with a hydrating cream, or apply the RA followed by a hydrating cream. If you still feel dry or irritated, cut back your RA usage to every other day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
You can also wait and after applying the RA 30-60 minutes later apply rosehip or another skin friendly oil to help with the dryness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I really wouldn't expect even remotely the same results with rosehip oil as with Retin A.

I agree. If it even had a chance of working, it would take an extremely long time.

I also agree with Bethany, if you don't want to use Retin A, choose an a retinol with a high percent, or even consider the retinaldehyde product.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:55 am      Reply with quote
thanks guys xx
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Not 100% sure but it would be more likely not to be as affective as Retin A since it's only available through a dermatologist or doctor Idea
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Its not where near the same, they're kind of like entirely different things, but I got to say Rosehip oil is fantastic as its got loads of goodies in it, not just Vit A. However I'm a long term Retin A user, but I think its one of those things that you need to work with a pro with to avoid the hap hazard results you read about.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
They are not the same. Retin-A is a much more active form of regular vitamin A that can directly work with your skin to create collagen. Vitamin A can go through various chemical reactions to get to the same form as Retin-A but not all the Vit A can be converted to that so the concentration of Retin-A that you're getting from Vit A is much much less
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |