Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Best Vitamin C Serum and what it does for you?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
insomniaisagingmeearly
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like everyone on here uses a Vitamin C Serum on their face. I've looked it up on here, but there are just wayyyy too many threads on different aspects of it.

I'd like to know which brand of vitamin c you use, when and how often do you apply it and what are the benefits of vitamin c? What does it do for your skin? Does it make you look younger?

Thank you SO much! I have to do something immediately- take some sort of action- start using some product while I figure out whats going on in my health causing this rapid aging.

Two years ago, guys thought I seriously was 17. (I was 25.) Now, I put my photo on this site where people guess your age and they're guessing 35. Sad

All I use for skin care is washing my face with soap right now! (Then again, that is all I've ever used. But now its time for some serious action!)
kirnicko
5% products discount

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Obagi RX with Hydroquinone for about 3 months. It was expensive and I've been using it pretty faithfully in the mornings, but I can't honestly say I've noticed any change. I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for, but it seems like some results would be forthcoming by now. It was such a highly rated/reviewed product I had to try it, but I'm not feeling it. . . . .
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:07 am      Reply with quote
skinceuticals ce ferulic....its the best and I have tried a lot of them.You can google reviews.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I use a homemade C Serum (copy of Skinceuticals CEF.) I use it every morning and it protects my skin from UV rays, makes it glow and seems to tighten it up. I think it is right up there on the top of my list of skincare "tools" that really work! Wink

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:19 am      Reply with quote
can you post your recipe mtgirl?Is it in the DIY forum?
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I use SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic and have been for a few years. Over time, it helps even out skin tone (and helps fade spots), tightens the skin and also found it gives my skin a most wonderful glow (which I have received many comments from co-workers). And, of course Vit. C serums are known for their antioxidant benefits and supposed to stimulate the skin to produce collagen.

Over the years I have tried CellularSkinRX Vit. C. serum and Cellex-C Vit. C. Serum. But SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic is the one I like the best and so I use this one.

It is expensive at $138.00 for a 1 oz. bottle, but it lasts me about 2 months.

I am now focusing on my lower neck/chest area and decided to get a less expensive Vit. C for that area and just started using the CellBone brand of Vit. C just for that. It is 1/2 the price of SkinCeuticals.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
skinceuticals ce ferulic....its the best and I have tried a lot of them.You can google reviews.

Huge 2nd for this. I have tried a ton of different C formulas myself, and I always return to the SC.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl and lucyluc, Have you ever used 302 C Serum? I'm wondering how it compares to Skinceuticals CEF. Thank you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
rileygirl and lucyluc, Have you ever used 302 C Serum? I'm wondering how it compares to Skinceuticals CEF. Thank you. Smile

I did for 6 months, Mars. There is no comparison in my opinion. 302's C serum (actually any of their products) didn't do anything for my skin other than make it feel soft!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
can you post your recipe mtgirl?

This is Kassy's recipe:

15% C, E + Ferulic Acid Serum with HA, version A (03/24/09), 1oz

1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid
1 cc/ml of Vitamin E Oil
1 cc/ml of Hyaluronic Acid
1 1/2 tsp SKB
4 tsp Distilled H2O

Use two shot glasses, in one dissolve the LAA in water. After the LAA has dissolved, add the FA to that + stir well. Mix all other ingredients in second shot glass, stirring each in well.... When the LAA + FA is fully dissolved (can take up to an hour!), then mix the contents of both together, stirring well, and put in in your 1oz dropper bottle.. Shake well.. It can be kept at room temp if away from heat and light, or refrigerated.. Shake before each use just because..

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I make a batch of Kassy's CEF Serum (above) about once, keeping it in the frig. My only omission is the Vit E. I don't like the idea of any oil in it, because I like to put it on my skin prior to using my AALS. Oils are occlusive, and a "no no" if you are using the AALS, so my serum is always minus the E.

mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
That should read....
mountaingirl wrote:
I make a batch of Kassy's CEF Serum (above) about ONCE A MONTH, keeping it in the frig. My only omission is the Vit E. I don't like the idea of any oil in it, because I like to put it on my skin prior to using my AALS. Oils are occlusive, and a "no no" if you are using the AALS, so my serum is always minus the E.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:

Mars - I added some L-AA to SKB and put it into the 302 C boost I had to give it a real *boost*.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone has experience with SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic to eliminate acne pigment?
Guppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I have heard raves about the skinceuticals ce ferulic everywhere.

However, it is just too expensive for me! Is there another one that is just at good or a tad bit lower in quality but is cheaper? I'd rather not DIY.

Thanks.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:

The 302 formula does not use l-ascorbic acid. That is the key ingredient in any good Vitamin C product. And I give another big thumbs up to Skinceuticals CE Ferulic - it works wonders!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Guppy wrote:

However, it is just too expensive for me! Is there another one that is just at good or a tad bit lower in quality but is cheaper? I'd rather not DIY.

Thanks.

You can buy samples of the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic on ebay, it's less expensive that way and the product stays fresher.
Gini
5% products discount

Mon May 03, 2010 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
This is Kassy's recipe:

15% C, E + Ferulic Acid Serum with HA, version A (03/24/09), 1oz

1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid
1 cc/ml of Vitamin E Oil
1 cc/ml of Hyaluronic Acid
1 1/2 tsp SKB
4 tsp Distilled H2O

Use two shot glasses, in one dissolve the LAA in water. After the LAA has dissolved, add the FA to that + stir well. Mix all other ingredients in second shot glass, stirring each in well.... When the LAA + FA is fully dissolved (can take up to an hour!), then mix the contents of both together, stirring well, and put in in your 1oz dropper bottle.. Shake well.. It can be kept at room temp if away from heat and light, or refrigerated.. Shake before each use just because..

Sorry if this has been covered many times. Where does one find the ingredients? At a compounding pharmacy perhaps.
Thanks so much Kassy,
Gini
Gini
5% products discount

Mon May 03, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Darn it! Haven't got that quote thing nailed yet! Confused Gini
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Gini wrote:
Darn it! Haven't got that quote thing nailed yet! Confused Gini

Hi Gini,

Near the bottom of the recipe index link are many suppliers listed. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

Also I believe Kassy listed her sources on the last 4-5 pages of The big DIY vitamin C thread. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30503&start=1325

HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Guppy wrote:

Thanks.

You can buy samples of the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic on ebay, it's less expensive that way and the product stays fresher.

Thanks.

So this is the only real clear cut winner? No others that you gals recommend that is a little cheaper?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Guppy - the DIY is Sooooo much cheaper and many of us use Kassy's recipes. I wish I could come over and help you throw a batch together - this would change your mind about spending all the cash on other stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Guppy wrote:

Thanks.

As someone else pointed out above, go to ebay. You can get samples equivalent to the size of regular retail bottle for around $40.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
If you don't mind cones, Skinmedica has a great C complex. You can buy samples on ebay fairly cheap.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Guppy wrote:

So this is the only real clear cut winner? No others that you gals recommend that is a little cheaper?

You can check out Cosmetic Skin Solutions, which has a product that is very similar. Also, you could check out Cellbone, Boske, and even try Emergin C. (they might be expensive, not sure of the price on the last 3)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |