Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Really have to ask - please give your educated best opinion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Which eye cream would you choose?

Juice Beauty Green Apple Nutritient Eye Cream
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee 1st Wrinkle Eye Cream for Eye and Lips
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Eminence Herbal Eye Contour Cream
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I am torn between the following three (and if anyone brings a better choice, than more) eye creams.

Eminence Herbal Eye Contour Cream.
Really good reviews I found so far, I like the ingredients that are listed, but not all of them are listed so it's a bummer:

Jasmine Flower Petal: carotinoids, Vitamins C & P, nourishing agent
• Pectin: enriches, nourishes and moisturizes the skin
• Corn Germ Oil: Vitamins E & F
• St. John’s Wort: anti-wrinkle, nourishing
• Marigold: soothing, hydrating
• Biocomplex™: an antioxidant booster of Vitamins A, Ester-C, E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid

Juice Beauty Green Apple Nutritient Eye Cream
I like it, it has good reviews (found so far), but I don't like Sodium hydroxide, and tetrasodium EDTA which is a preservative normally used in higher pH environments:
organic juices of pyrus malus (apple) juice, daucus carota sativa (carrot) juice & aloe barbadensis leaf juice, organic cucumis sativus (cucumber) extract, organic plant oils of helianthus annuus (sunflower) & persea gratissima (avocado), camellia sinensis (organic green tea) leaf extract, organic essential fatty acids of oenothera biennis (evening primrose), linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed & borago officinali (borage) seed, glycerin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, phytonadione (vitamin K1), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E), cetearyl glucoside, ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10), thioctic acid (alpha-lipoic acid), dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), dipeptide-2, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3, phenoxyethanol, hesperidin methyl chalcone (vitamin P), sodium hyaluronate, cetearyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, steareth-20, xanthan gum, tetrasodium edta, sodium hydroxide, azulene, citrus aurantium (orange blossom) pure essential oil

And last Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee 1st Wrinkle Eye Cream for Eye and Lips
which really doesn't have much info on what's in it, except that it's without parabens or phenoxyethanol. Fragrance-free. No animal ingredients or artificial colorings.

It list this, but not sure if that's the full list: Stabilized grape-seed polyphenols, ceramides 3, tetrapeptides, horse chestnut, liquorice, witch hazel, fern, plant glycerine, calendula

I am looking for more of a moisturizer, yet one that's not too watery, and with vitamins and some anti aging benefits.

Please any educated advice, as well as knowledge is really appreciated.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Having used the Juice Beauty eye cream, I must say I wouldn't recommend it personally. It went "off" after ~1 month, and I've had rxns to a couple of their other products.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, I was suspecting about it - with the ingredients and all.

One more to add though
John Masters Organics Firming Eye Gel
Ingredients look good:
Aqua (purified, deionized water), vegetable glycerin,* glyceryl polyacrylate, squalane (olives), glycoproteins, rosa damascena (rose hydrosol),* dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter),* plant phospholipids, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), ascrobyl palmitate (vitamin C), yeast extract, essential oils of rosa damascena (rose),* cananga odorata (ylang ylang)* & tilia cordata (linden blossom),* gluconolactone, capryloyl glycine, lonicera japonica (japanese honeysuckle) extract
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok - Although the Eminence and Caudalie may or may not be good, I'd be more inclined to trust the John Masters simply because they list the ingredients. With the other two, you don't know how far down the list the active ingredients are, or what nasties may be lurking in there.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Good point.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever tried/used Eminence, Caudali or John Masters?

John Masters, really looks simplistic on their ingredients, even Dr. Hauschka is comparable to that, right?
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:08 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Has anyone ever tried/used Eminence, Caudali or John Masters?

John Masters, really looks simplistic on their ingredients, even Dr. Hauschka is comparable to that, right?

Dr. Hauschka's products are more suitable for me. I'm oil combination skin, Dr. Hauschka's cleanser cream, toner and mask fit me well. But I do not dare to use its rose line, which are too rich for me.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Well, thanks. That wasn't the question anyways.

Dr. Hauschka has Rose Light cream which i use.
I am actually asking for eye products specifically.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I voted Eminence. It make my dark circle lighter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:12 am      Reply with quote
None. I don't think an eye cream is necessary.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:02 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
None. I don't think an eye cream is necessary.

I actually agree with SusieQ on that one. There arent any true reasons that an eye cream is essential in any skincare routine apart from maybe being based on more recent actives used to directly target the eye (think eyeliss).

I do use an eye cream but that is only because it's something extra to smother on Razz

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
zverenok - Although the Eminence and Caudalie may or may not be good, I'd be more inclined to trust the John Masters simply because they list the ingredients. With the other two, you don't know how far down the list the active ingredients are, or what nasties may be lurking in there.

Dermstore and Skincarerx usually have all the ingredients listed for everything they sell.
prob not the % of active stuff,but at least an ingredient list.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Susie and Echo. Eye creams are not needed. Your regular facial moisturizer will do just fine. If you want to use a more moisturizing product around your eyes but not on your face, buy a thicker face cream and use it around your eyes.
Eye creams are a scam, especially the price you pay per ounce.
There is nothing special in the ingredients just for the eye area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Have not used Eminence products so no comments.
Between Juice Beauty and Caudalie (as a brand), I'd choose Caudalie for seemingly higher quality products.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
skin around the eye is very delicate, after age of 25 give or take, your metabolism slows down, and you need to start introducing skin routine.

You may not need a cream, but you need to ensure to moisturize eye skin but not overdo it. In other words, if you have no problems , all you want to do is make sure the area around eye is hydrated, you don't need any heavy duty ingredients.

I'd suggest Dr. H daily eye revitalizer - it's veeery lightweight and moisturizes without being heavy.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Might as well try all three, no pot of eye cream lasts for ever Smile

Having tried an enormous amount of them over the years, Confused ,I'd say they are much of a muchness and a bit of a rip off.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Paula Begoun is a harsh critic of eye creams.

Here's a video of her criticizing eye creams: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm5vYuZG6dg
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |