Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

has anyone tried Ascension mask?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
evelin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried Ascension mask from same company that make Epidermx? i was considering buying it.
thanks guys Smile
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:56 am      Reply with quote
HI there

I havent tried (and probably wouldnt for another 20 years anyway) but I wouldnt buy it because although the ingredient list looks impressive, on closer inspection, one of the prime ingredients is corn starch - just a big filler thats firms your skin momentarily. While this by no means will harm your skin - if your paying a heavy price tag you want more than just a quick fix. Everyone knows what a Sircuit fan I am, but why dont you try Sircuits Anti-Oxidant Firming serum instead - at least this will be a firming treatment for your skin, as opposed to a quick fix. My mum tried this and absolutely adored it (although wanted me to pay for a full size one, so shes going to be waiting a while yet Laughing ).

Thats just my sort-of-educated opinion. I havent tried this product, but im quite big on ingredients decks, and slightly clued when atempting to spot the best from the 'good'.

Hope that helps, and doesnt make you too confused!

Farouk
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Evelin, I have Ascension masque, mostly for use on my neck and eyes (although I do plaster it all over my face when I use it). I am happy with the results I am getting from my current program, but I have only been using it a while (well, it only came out a few months back)so cannot tell you about long-term benefits (not that I have a face full of wrinkles to see improvement upon Razz ).

Anyway, from what I understand it is one of those products you have to use for several months before you really see results, I believe the other "lifting" masks like Esthers secret also take time to see most results.

I would not worry about the corn starch ingredient.. that is also the 3rd listed ingredient in Esthers Secret, so it is quite common and actually, I would rather use products with something like cornstarch as the filler than lots of chemical ingredients.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:20 am      Reply with quote
While a firming mask has it's place in every womans beauty closet, it is only a temporary fix. To give yourself a firming mask for a special occasion or when you want to look extra special they are awesome!!!!

I agree with farouk. For a natural, longer lasting lift I prefer to use a protect that works on the skins tone by the ingredients. I can honestly say that the ingredients in AlphaDermaCE has lifted my face. Granted I am 59 and don't look 35 but the difference in my skin tone is noticable. My daughter-in-law was up for Thankgiving and said: "Your skin is so firm." Now, did that ever make my day. Very Happy I believe what has had the firming effect are the ingredients of : Vit C ,DMAE,Elastin,Collagen,and Soy (Argireline for wrinkles). By the order I wrote you can see my priority is firming. A few laugh lines have never bothered me. Laughing That is what drew me to ADCE. It is advertised to firm loose skin after dieting.

I have never used the mask mentioned above. I am speaking of other firming masks and I believe they are all the same. Want a semi face lift for an evening out? "you will love a firming mask."

For a firming mask I am now using the Body Deli's French Clay Antiaging Mask. Nice Mask with firming affects and nourishing ingredients. KEEPER!

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Of course I use it Wink and I know Maria here loves it.

I also use the AlphaDerma CE daily right now. I use Ascension 1-2x a week not as much as I should. I don't need face lifting, yet, but it does help my eye area out! I concentrate there and while it is temporary (isn't everything other than a facelift) and you must continue to use it, it does work.

If you have any questions on it please PM me or email me. deb Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:47 am      Reply with quote
thanks guys....i am 30 and do not have that many lines yet Smile...but i have noticed laugh line appearing and crows feet under my eyes. i started using Relax-a line...but have not seen results yet...i also you VitC by cellularskinrx. 2-3times a week i use Epidermx..love the results...just wanted to add something firming to my skincare regimen
evelin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:48 am      Reply with quote
sorry for some grammar mistakes in previous post...was in a hurry Laughing
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
While a firming mask has it's place in every womans beauty closet, it is only a temporary fix. To give yourself a firming mask for a special occasion or when you want to look extra special they are awesome!!!!

I agree with farouk. For a natural, longer lasting lift I prefer to use a protect that works on the skins tone by the ingredients. I can honestly say that the ingredients in AlphaDermaCE has lifted my face. Granted I am 59 and don't look 35 but the difference in my skin tone is noticable. My daughter-in-law was up for Thankgiving and said: "Your skin is so firm." Now, did that ever make my day. Very Happy I believe what has had the firming effect are the ingredients of : Vit C ,DMAE,Elastin,Collagen,and Soy (Argireline for wrinkles). By the order I wrote you can see my priority is firming. A few laugh lines have never bothered me. Laughing That is what drew me to ADCE. It is advertised to firm loose skin after dieting.

I have never used the mask mentioned above. I am speaking of other firming masks and I believe they are all the same. Want a semi face lift for an evening out? "you will love a firming mask."

For a firming mask I am now using the Body Deli's French Clay Antiaging Mask. Nice Mask with firming affects and nourishing ingredients. KEEPER!

Winnie I am banning you from mentioning any further posts which contain the words 'body' and 'deli' consecutively or any single product mentioned on their website!

People from the UK can view these posts you know!!

Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Evelin, if you are only 30 without obvious problems then I would not say the mask is for you .. I mean, it wont do you any harm, but you wont see any real benefits either Laughing

I would keep up with the Vit. C serum, as that has a preventative quality, and then concentrate with something just for those "early" areas.. people like the Bright Eyes serum from Relax-a-line, but many others are happy with ADCE and Esthers Secret too.

The most important thing to remember is that if you dont have a lot of problem to start with then you wont see change as radically or quickly. Try taking a good, clear photo of your problem areas and then 5 weeks later take another and if you dont see any difference at all then try something else. It takes skin a good month to really get the new cells to the top, so that is why everyone says give a product 4-6 weeks before you expect miracles. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |