Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
SK-II Air Touch discontinued - what we can do to help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
As many of you now already know, the wonderfully fabulous, perfect SK-II Air Touch foundation has been sneakily discontinued. The company did this without warning their stockists (Harrods are one example), leaving them to continue selling the machines - but without any possibility of buying refills! I think this is appalling, and it has left Harrods with many, very angry customers. Harrods themselves returned their remaining machines as soon as SK-II belatedly informed them, so they are not at fault.

I've contacted SK-II UK division via their website and would urge any other Air Touch addicts to do the same via their own national SK-II website. If you do so, please remember that it is SK-II head office, not your local division, who are at fault.

My local SK-II website contact has said that she will pass on my concerns to head office so that they know just how exasperated their customers are by news of the discontinuation. She was very helpful indeed.

If you, too, are panicking about losing your favourite foundation, then please let your local SK-II website know this. Please ask them politely to pass on your concerns to the decision-makers. They may reply that you could try SK-II's other foundations (compact and liquid), so please let them know that you don't want to do this and want your Air Touch back instead.

You never know - if enough of us do this, they may just change their mind. I really do think it's worth a try.

Thanks for reading.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Firstly, I just wanted to urge people again to contact SK-II about their discontinuation of this wonderful product in order to try and change their minds.

Secondly, I've just read a tip in the comments section of this blog which may help anyone who has run out of refills: http://cosmetic-candy.com/?p=2605

Someone called Erika wrote the following: "I buy the MAC Airbrush foundation (which is 50ml)and then using a syringe, I get MAC airbrush foundation and inject to my empty SKII refill bag. And then cover the small hole with the tape."

Sounds worth trying!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am sooooooo disappointed as well. I just bought a few refills on ebay when I read this.

That is a good tip with the mac foundations when I run out of sk-ii will have to try it. Very Happy
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I need to buy a few refills.
Now we only can buy them in ebay?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll - Please let us know if it works for you. I understand that the MAC product the blog post recommended is MAC Pro and difficult to get hold of. I wonder whether any other brands or formulas of foundations would work? I've also been investigating the Temptu system - doesn't seem as good as Air Touch, but seems interesting.

kikiw - As far as I can tell, any stores with refills returned them to SK-II, so I think ebay may be our only hope.

Please remember to email your SK-II website, ladies, and let them know that we want our Air Touch and refills back!
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
what a pity!
I love love it!
webbed

Fri May 07, 2010 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello guys,

I am new to this forum and I am learning a lot from you.

I am SO DISAPPOINTED AND UPSET Sad Crying or Very sad about the discontinuation of SK-II airtouch foundation!! I can't find my shade on eBay anymore -BR-6, the darkest. I will try the MAC Pro trick, sounds cool... Cool

I have complained with the SK-II website; my next step will be to speak to them in person. PLEASE LET'S ALL WRITE A PETITION OR SOMETHING. Idea Please send me a COMPLAINT email and I will send all your emails to the SK-II people (say after I collate about 50-100 of them?).

Last thing: Question has any of you read about any comparative reviews of the SK-II airtouch vs the Dinair airbrush system? If so, what's the verdict?

Love to all Wink

Webbed
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Hello and welcome, Webbed. Very Happy

I've been buying as many of my colour as I could on ebay (not BR-6, though!) It really is such a disappointment.

I haven't heard of Dinair. Just had a quick look and it seems very like the other home airspray systems out there in appearance. Not sure what the performance is like.

The great pity is, as you know, that Airtouch doesn't settle on clothes or air, just skin, and it gives that wonderful, barely-there-looking, flawless, dewy coverage.

I don't think SK-II marketed the Airtouch at all well. Most people I know off-line hadn't ever heard of it. Such a shame.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just bumping this up as I've read that the reason behind SK-II discontinuing this fantastic foundation was because the American FDA decided that they required approval due to it being an electronic make-up device.

Does anyone know if this is true? If so, how ridiculous that we all lost such a fantastic product (even those of us who don't live in over-regulated FDAland) because of this. I'm guessing that SK-II would have had to pay the FDA a substantial amount of money possibly in order to obtain the required approval?

I'm really annoyed about this. It's bad enough having stupid edicts imposed on us by the EU (eg, re vitamins and supplements), but if the FDA are requiring approval on electronic cosmetic application devices, which surely do not possess the ability to harm anyone, then the whole damn world's gone crazy.

Sorry about the vent, but Mad Mad Mad Mad
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Majorb,
have you had any luck with this quest yet?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:49 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Majorb,

lori all I ever find are the air brush systems, not nearly as portable! Rolling Eyes

http://www.airbrushmakeup.com/

http://www.luminessair.com/airbrush-makeup-products.aspx?source=Adwords&gclid=CM-LvKSFkrACFQbznAodUHovpg

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
loopylori wrote:
Majorb,

lori all I ever find are the air brush systems, not nearly as portable! Rolling Eyes

http://www.luminessair.com/airbrush-makeup-products.aspx?source=Adwords&gclid=CM-LvKSFkrACFQbznAodUHovpg

Oh! I was only asking because majorb is a long time friend on here and I wondered if she had a solution yet.
I am perfectly happy with my BE.
You are a treasure DM.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
loopylori wrote:
Majorb,

Oh! I was only asking because majorb is a long time friend on here and I wondered if she had a solution yet.
I am perfectly happy with my BE.
You are a treasure DM.

You are too sweet lori, Very Happy

marjob had asked maybe a year ago and sadly no joy that I know of! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
No, alas and alack! They have not started making it again. So, as soon as I have finished using up my stockpile (or whenever it finally goes off, since I have amassed a considerable quantity of it), I'll be looking for something else. Crying or Very sad
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
those meanies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
those meanies.

Evil Meanies! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Yes, they are big meanies. Crying or Very sad

I want to go and poke them with sticks and kick their shins. Mad

Wink
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |