Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
eye cream: upper lid or lower lid only?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I have always applied my eye cream on both upper and lower lid but one of my friends told me that I should only apply it on the lower lid. Is this truth? What about the wrinkles on the upper lid?

Thanks for your help again

big hugs

xxx Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Most eye creams will say to apply under and up on the orbital bone from the crease to the eyebrow but not directly on the eyelid. You have to check the eye cream that you have to see if it is alright to apply on your lids or not, but most aren't recommended for the lid itself.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you´re right Dark Moon but why do you think they advise that? I´ve always used my eye creams on my upper lid and never had any problem. I´m just thinking if I should stop doing it

xxx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
Yes, you´re right Dark Moon but why do you think they advise that?

Most of the eye creams probably have not been tested for use on the lids and I would guess the manufacturers want to avoid people having any problems.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
lisocas wrote:
Yes, you´re right Dark Moon but why do you think they advise that?

Most of the eye creams probably have not been tested for use on the lids and I would guess the manufacturers want to avoid people having any problems.

I have to agree and they may contain ingredients that are potentially irritating to the eyes if they migrate in, I know I have that issue with super sensitive eyes. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I use it on both upper and lower lid, because most of my eye creams/gels are light texture. If the cream is rich, you'd better not use it on upper lid.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I use a lighter lotion on the upper lids only once a week if I need it, and only at night. I use an eye cream on the lower twice a day, with a heavier one at night only. I use out towards my crowsfeet and up and around my nose bridge, which tends to get a few dry spots for some reason.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
There is one I have used and amazingly it didn't cause my sensitive eyes any problems, eyelyph serum made for the entire eye area including lids.

http://www.buyearthen.com/DisplayProducts.asp?Criteria=17310&T=PDFCatalog

Instructions:
Apply around the eye area including eyelids daily. For best results use both morning and evening. Avoid direct contact with eyes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I never knew you weren't meant to apply it all over the eye area! I have done for years, no problems so far.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
gimidalight wrote:
I never knew you weren't meant to apply it all over the eye area! I have done for years, no problems so far.

I guess many do, but if you read most all eye creams they instruct that you avoid your lids! I guess some like you don't have any problems but I know those with sensitive eyes may well, I know I do. Smile Even the one that I use, linked to above says to avoid direct contact with eyes so you need to be careful, the Eylyph absorbs quickly so I don't find it migrates into my eyes, many heaver creams can very easily especially during sleep.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 am      Reply with quote
If you do, you need to be careful with both ingredients and application. The skin on the eyelids is very thin, and blinking also makes products migrate towards the eye.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes, I use eye cream on upper lids, especially the area near to lash. The eye cream can strengthen the lash and make them longer.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |