Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Poll: Lemon Peel Bioferment - Size Preference
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Poll :: What size would you prefer to purchase:

1oz dropper - $20
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
2oz pump - $40
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
4oz pump - $80
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
8oz pump - $160
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
16oz pump - $320
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Several of us have asked Nanci about purchasing larger sizes of the Lemon Peel Bioferment. She is open to providing it in a larger pump size, though the price will remain the same at $20 per oz.

Please answer the question above to help her determine the best size option(s) to offer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Darn, no volume discount, huh? Well, given that, I would just as soon keep it at the 1 oz. size since I tend to think products degrade faster once they are opened, exposed to air, heat, humidity, light, etc. and I would rather open just 1 ounce at at time and keep my backup bottles in a cool dark storage spot. However, if there were a volume discount, I would be willing to risk that! Just my 2 cents. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Darn, no volume discount, huh? Well, given that, I would just as soon keep it at the 1 oz. size since I tend to think products degrade faster once they are opened, exposed to air, heat, humidity, light, etc. and I would rather open just 1 ounce at at time and keep my backup bottles in a cool dark storage spot. However, if there were a volume discount, I would be willing to risk that! Just my 2 cents. Smile

I asked her about the degrading aspect, and I think that is why she is looking at the pump option.

We did not discuss the volume discount, other than her stating that the per oz price would have to stay the same, regardless of quantity purchased (which is at least a lot lower than anyone else right now).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I own 2 oz. Amber bottles I could decant into very easily, the price is really low in comparison to many products and this works. I would buy a 4 oz. or even lager in a New York minute! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:

I asked her about the degrading aspect, and I think that is why she is looking at the pump option.

We did not discuss the volume discount, other than her stating that the per oz price would have to stay the same, regardless of quantity purchased (which is at least a lot lower than anyone else right now).

I guess she is as low as she can go already!

Thanks for looking in to this, Bethany. I am starting to see results from this product and imagine I will be using it for a longggg time!

Nanci didn't happen to mention what type of pump she is considering, did she? Just curious.

Oh, one more thing...did she mention what the shelf life is? The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I tend not to stock up on products with active ingredients because I like to buy the freshest stock available. If this is a product where the active ingredient has a super long shelf life, it may not matter as much.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I got a question via PM that I couldn't answer, and I don't know the shelf life either so I'll see if Nanci can pop over and answer them!

Question I got via PM:

What % of Nanci's LPB is the active (vs. the butylene glycol)? Are both Nanci's and that from SAS the same strength?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

I agree, and second everything said here!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I hope we get an answer about shelf life. I am just throwing a thought out here and it may be all wrong, but fermented foods don't go off as fast as fresh, I am just wondering how this fermentation effects the LPB? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:

I agree, and second everything said here!

And I third all said here.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...per Nanci, the shelf life is 1 year.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if Nanci would be open to offering it in two sizes, the original 1 oz. dropper for those who are spot treating and prefer to dispense a drop at a time or who prefer smaller, fresher quantities and then also a larger pump for those who are bathing in it! Laughing What do you all think?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I got a question via PM that I couldn't answer, and I don't know the shelf life either so I'll see if Nanci can pop over and answer them!

Question I got via PM:

What % of Nanci's LPB is the active (vs. the butylene glycol)? Are both Nanci's and that from SAS the same strength?

bethany - I also would be interested to know what % is active in Nanci's formulation. SkinActives sells it for a higher price:
http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=60
but how those compare in terms of actives content hmm
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:

Question I got via PM:

bethany - I also would be interested to know what % is active in Nanci's formulation. SkinActives sells it for a higher price:

I have no idea, and just assumed they were the same! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I would purchase the 4oz,because I wouldn't have to reorder as offer,as I plan on using it on other areas.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

This is 100% what I would like to say.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:

Question I got via PM:

I thought they were the same, also. They have the exact same ingredients listed? Wouldn't that mean they were the same thing?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:35 am      Reply with quote
That should give us a very good idea that they are, especially if the ingredients are in the same order. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:11 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:

Question I got via PM:

I thought they were the same, also. They have the exact same ingredients listed? Wouldn't that mean they were the same thing?

Are the ingredients the same?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:

Ingredients from SAS: INCI name: Lactobacillus lactis/Citrus limon/ butylene glycol.

Ingredients fron NCN: INCI name:
Lactobacillus/Lemon Peel Ferment Extract & Butylene Glycol

They look the same to me? Am I missing something?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
mpstat wrote:

Ingredients from SAS: INCI name: Lactobacillus lactis/Citrus limon/ butylene glycol.

Ingredients fron NCN: INCI name:
Lactobacillus/Lemon Peel Ferment Extract & Butylene Glycol

They look the same to me? Am I missing something?

I don't think so Riley, and the price at SAS is much higher almost 10$ for 15 ml.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I don't think so Riley, and the price at SAS is much higher almost 10$ for 15 ml.

The ingredients are not the same, DM? What am I not seeing! (I know the SAS is a higher price than NCN's.)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:11 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

The ingredients are not the same, DM? What am I not seeing! (I know the SAS is a higher price than NCN's.)

Sorry that could have been clearer, I meant I don't think you missed anything! They appear identical to me other than the price difference SAS being higher. Hope that clears up any confusion. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:12 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Riley - I *think* DM was responding to your question "am I missing something?"; not that she was saying that they weren't the same ingredients. I am sure she will come back and let us know!

ETA: Oops, we were posting at the same time!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Riley - I *think* DM was responding to your question "am I missing something?"; not that she was saying that they weren't the same ingredients. I am sure she will come back and let us know!

LOL We both posted at the same time, you read me right, I should have phrased my first post better! oops Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Sorry that could have been clearer, I meant I don't think you missed anything! They appear identical to me other than the price difference SAS being higher. Hope that clears up any confusion. Smile

So we know that both products have the same ingredients, in the same order, but couldn't the percentage of the active ingredient still be different? Like one may have 10% and the other 30%, for example?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |