Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone had Pinguecula (pteryguim) removed?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I have been dealing with these growths on my eyes for Y-E-A-R-S (related to sun damage Rolling Eyes) I can barely wear my contacts anymore. My eyes are so dry and now I realize that is in part due to the pinguecula. Finally last week, the Eye Doc said I could get them removed. I know they can grow back. Can anyone tell me about their experience with this?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I'd be curious about this too. I found out I had a pinguecula about a year ago and was devastated when the eye doc told me it was permanent and not to wear my contacts any more. Another eye doc told me I could try to wear my contacts but my eyes are so dry as it is I just can't tolerate them anymore and don't want to damage my eyes anymore.

Are you on Restasis for the dry eyes? That has helped me quite a bit and so have lower plugs.

As for surgery, I'm so scared to have anything done to my eyes.

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I am not on Restasis. I tried it very briefly once, but it burned my eyes and intuitively I felt that it was not good for them. Instead I have pure saline solution made up at a Compounding Pharmacy and do drops as my eyes need it. I have also tried the punctal plugs, but they kept working their way out, so eventually I had the tear ducts permanently closed (cauterized.) Occasionally the growths get "engorged," which happened last week...only this time the growth in my right eye caused a dry spot and irritation on the cornea as it tried to wick the moisture away from the cornea for lubrication. I've never had it get so enflamed that it effected the cornea, which resulted in the Doc saying, "it should come off."

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 am      Reply with quote
SkinDeep...have you tried contacts that have a high water content? They are constantly coming out with new types of contacts, with higher moisture levels. That's what I wear (on the rare occasions I dare put mine in Rolling Eyes ).

SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I have heard if the pinguecula affects your cornea it should come off... I know when I have researched this topic online, I have read they have new ways to do the surgery where the chance of it returning are decreased...have you checked out the website www.dryeyezone.com They have a forum and people there have had the procedure done.

I have tried multiple types/brands of contacts and have found that almost immediately when I put them in, they are painfully dry and irritated that I just can't stand them in. Of course can't get Lasik b/c of the dry eyes so I'm stuck with my glasses... boo hoo!!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |