Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Korres Wild Rose Foundation and Age Reversing Primer Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Korres Wild Rose Foundation
I am VERY pleased with this foundation in every way. It glides on more like a gel and has a very “luminous natural finish with buildable long-lasting coverage” like it claims. I have very pale skin (NW20-15) and I purchased this in WRF2 which looks very yellow but it blends beautifully on my skin. I have acne scars and although this does not cover like a mask it does really diminish them to the point that I could skip the concealer. I have a pretty oily tzone and normal to dry cheeks and this foundation balances both and lasts longer than some of my “long wear” foundations yet still feels comfortable. The scent is fantastic and I felt that the bottle was a good size for the price. The only con I can think of is that you need to work fast to blend and you have to shake the bottle to get all ingredients “mixed” properly. These are very minor compared to how great my skin looks and how natural it feels!
From the website:
Oil-free, fluid foundation easily glides on skin giving a luminous natural finish with buildable long-lasting coverage and sun protection. Now with new shades extensions for a more universal range.
• Advanced anti-aging formula, it feels weightless on the skin but acts as a treatment, clinically proven to diminish hyper pigmentation and wrinkles while improving skin’s hydration
• Wild Rose oil, a potent natural source of vitamin C, significantly diminishes fine lines, hyperpigmentation and resurfaces skin, revealing a soft and radiant complexion
• Natural Micro-patch technology utilizes plant-derived polymers to seal in hydration, giving the foundation clinically proven long-lasting, all-day wear

Quercetin & Oak Age Reversing Face Primer
I am a fan of the original silicone free korres primer but could not resist the “age reversing” claims made by this product. I am almost 34 and have fine lines around eyes and mouth as well as some pretty serious ones on my forehead so I was anxious to try this primer. The consistancy feels a lot like the original silicone free primer with the same scent as well (very little to speak of). I use a very light moisturizer and rely on this primer to meet the rest of my moisturizer needs and it does beautifully. I cannot speak to the long term benefits of this product as I have not used it very long but the way it holds foundation on my oily tzone without drying out my cheeks…I’m sold! It does give a nice glow to the skin which I love and it did not feel mask-like on my skin at all. I will continue to use this primer and hope for those age reversing benefits but even if they never happen I will continue using because it makes my foundation perform better. I also like the idea of more “natural” ingredients sitting on my face all day. I notice a difference when I wash my face at night too…my face seems “happier”. BTW I have been using Korres Wild Rose Foundation (WRF2)
From the website:
Powerful treatment and skin-perfecting face primer in one that instantly fills wrinkles and provides a very smooth and perfected skin surface, ensuring long lasting make up application. Enriched with powerful antioxidant Quercetin and Oak extracts that improve skin cell functioning, repair fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin texture and elasticity. Hyaluronic acid forms a protective shield on the skin, providing immediate moisture and increasing skin elasticity while Barley extract instantly fills wrinkles and refines pores. Improves skin texture, thus providing a healthy glow to skin even without make-up. Silicone-free; does not clog the pores.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Korres Mutli Vitamin GIner foundation. It was nice, not really enough coverage for me.
I prefer foundation mineral powders now. I will never go back to liquid.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I checked out the TM but it was not enough coverage for me either. I have a few MMU's and I do like them but the conditions have to be perfect for them to work. My skin cant be too oily or too dry which is never easy for my combo skin...I find that if i use a liquid fdt as something moisturizing for my face it works much better. So i use a light moistuizer and a light primer and a light foundation so it ends up feeling like a regular moisturizer once they are all on my face. Confusing I know but so is my skin!

Which MMU do you like?
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Olivia, thanks for the review! I was eyeing this before it was released because Sephora was advertising the pending arrival of Korres non silicone primer.

When Sephora started carrying it, I immediately obtained a sample.... I didn't find it that effective in camouflaging large pores, but I'm glad you like it. I WANTED to like it, I really did! Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I do have big pores on my cheeks (near my nose) and this does not hide them at all. The only thing that seems hide them are heavy silicone primers which break me out in no time so they are not an option for me.

Sorry you didnt like it.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
I do have big pores on my cheeks (near my nose) and this does not hide them at all. The only thing that seems hide them are heavy silicone primers which break me out in no time so they are not an option for me.

Sorry you didnt like it.

Olivia, no need to apologize because I don't like it! True, I'm afraid the only primers I've found that minimize the appearance of pores are full of silicones. Just gives me an excuse to thoroughly wash and exfoliate to counteract them. Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
this introduction is so detail, i don't know more about this brand, i will get some samples to try, if it's good for my skin, i will buy,
i love to try from time to time

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes wrote:
I tried the Korres Mutli Vitamin GIner foundation. It was nice, not really enough coverage for me.

I agree Miss Shoes, I can't tolerate the feeling of liquid or cream foundations after switching to mineral makeup 16-17 years ago! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I like the Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Mask better.This mask really brighten
fadedgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:22 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Miss Shoes wrote:

I agree Miss Shoes, I can't tolerate the feeling of liquid or cream foundations after switching to mineral makeup 16-17 years ago! Smile

I am the opposite, I am trying to switch to MMU but am missing terribly my liquid foundations!

Olivia, thanks for the review, I am glad you found one that you like!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:20 am      Reply with quote
The review was my pleasure!

I have MANY mmu's and have yet to find one that fits my face (so to speak)...I love TM with a dusting of MMU on top but that is about it. I dont think liquid foundations area all that bad as long as you use one with good ingredients. I find the Korres foundation to be more like a tinted skincare as it has improved my skin with continued use. I've seen enough improvement that I went out and bought the Wild Rose trial skincare set (which is very generous in size) so we will see. I'm a sucker for anything that improves my skin.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds very attractive! Put it on my shopping list and will try it soon.

Thanks for sharing.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
This looks really nice, thanks for the review!! Smile
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia, how long after using the Korres foundation did you notice an improvement? How does the Wild Rose Foundation differ, and how well do they hold up in the heat?

I found that in winter, liquid foundation was necessary for me... in summer, mineral liquid foundation doesn't stay put, so I can only use powdered MMU a few months out of the year. Smile I love Tarte Rewind, but haven't noticed any actual improvement to skin as a result.

Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the foundation for a while now...maybe a month or two and I can honestly say its my new favorite foundation. I live in michigan so we havent had any "heat" to speak of so I cant say how it will hold up in warm weather. I have very oily skin in the summer so I'm sure I will need to do the dusting of MMU like you do and skip the liquid foundation so I'm enjoying it while I can.

I would say I started to see a change in my skin right away. I had a couple blemishes that just seemed to hang in there and when i started using this they cleared up really fast. Also, I have very clog prone skin and I'm NEVER able to wear a primer and foundation more than 2 days in a row without major clogs and blemishes but I've used this combo every day since I bought them (even on weekends) and I have had no issues at all.

I loved the change in my skin so much so that i bought the entire Wild Rose skincare line and I am blow away by the change in my skin. I have only used it for a couple weeks so I feel its too early to do a full review of the skincare but it is worth every penny in my book and has replaced my (very expensive) Renee Rouleau line of skincare that I use.

I would say this is a foundation that you can not go wrong with...try it! Let me know how you like it.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried some samples of Korres Wild Rose skincare. Never knew its make-ups are good. I may try its make-ups later, thanks for your detailed review!
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I came across this foundation after having really bad skin that was quite reactive.

I like that it is natural. It has good coverage but I find their colours quite limited. I find it quite orangey/pinky based which does not help my yellow undertoned skin.

It lasts all day however it made me shiny regardless of using powder to try to stop it.

It has SPF which is a bonus!

5% products discount

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:31 am      Reply with quote
worth the money!
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds nice.But I don't know how to choice the color
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm NW20 and use the lightest color now. They do run dark so if you are very pale this one might not work for you.
BelleFlower
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Has anybody with dry skin tried this foundation? Any verdict? Does it cling to dry skin making it look worse and flaky? Does it settle into fine lines? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have very dry skin in the winter and it still works fine for me.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is average-dry; I use this with the primer and it goes on smoothly and wears well. It's lightweight, so if you need to be able to see/feel a layer of foundation, this may not be for you. I have read complaints about the colors being too yellow. Since my skin is olive, the color is fine for me, but someone with pink undertones might not be happy.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |