Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Question for those who use Nia24
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased Nia24 Intensive Recovery Complex because of the rave reviews it has been getting and also because I do have issues with hyperpigmentation. However, my one problem with this cream is that it seems to ball up when I apply it and I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this? I don't know what I could be doing wrong to make it do this but any help would be very much appreciated.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
All I can say is that mine doesn't. Sorry to hear that yours does. Are you putting it on a clean face first?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with it, leeleedeedee. I must admit that I've never had any balling up at all with mine.

As existential lady said, it's best to use it on a clean face. I use mine at night, and I don't need any moisturiser on top either as it's fine on my dry skin.

Are you perhaps applying too much? Or is another product interacting with it to cause the balling up?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello majorb and existential lady.....yes, I am using the Niz24 on a clean face. It's my first step right after cleaning my face in the morning. Now, I'm really puzzled after hearing that no one else seems to have this problem. I went onto the Nia24 official site and I emailed customer service and asked them about this problem. I haven't yet received a reply. Anyways, thank you for your help.

I'm really glad that you aren't experiencing any problems. I must add, though, that apart from this I really like the cream. I do use a little moisturizer on top however, since I have very sensitive skin I knew that I would probably need just a tad more moisture. I'm just hoping that it helps with my hyperpigmentation issues.

Thank you for your input.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:30 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee - I don't use this product but it seems that those that aren't getting the balling action are using this alone and at night. Since you're using it during the day time and apply moisturizer (and I assume makeup?) on top, the products are likely interfering with each other and causing it. You might want to switch to only using it at night and something else in the morning, or try a different moisturizer on top. Good luck! I hate when products ball up! Laughing
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello TAMgirl99.....yes, I think I may very well follow your advice and switch to using it at night (now why didn't I think of that???) For some reason I thought of this product as a daytime moisturizer and didn't realize that others were using it nightly. I feel like a dimwit. But, I knew I would get help on this forum. Thank you to everyone. I will now start to use it in the evening rather than use it as a daytime moisturizer.Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee - I think you can use it either daytime or at night. I just find it more convenient to use then as I use other serums during the day. So don't feel silly.

It does indeed sound as though your moisturiser on top may be the culprit. I have very dry skin and find that I don't need any extra moisturiser with it. Perhaps try without and see if it works.

I think it's such a fantasic product. I do hope it will work out for you.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello majorb...I'm so glad to hear that you really like this skin cream. I'm also beginning to feel that there's probably some sort of conflict between the two moisturizers. I just received an email from customer services at the official Nia24 site and they told me that they never encountered anyone having the problem that I have with their cream balling up and then flaking off.

I am going to start using it nightly, by itself, without any added moisturizer and hopefully things will work out. Aside from this problem I do like the product a lot and I want to continue using it (also, it costs too much to just have hanging around.)

Thank you very much for your help.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking into this product lately and wondered what it has done for everyone so far. Can those that use it share your experiences? Thanks!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:07 am      Reply with quote
You're very welcome, leeleedeedee. Please do let us know if using it as the only night time moisturiser solves your problem.

TAMgirl - Since I've been using the Nia24, I've experienced less breakouts and skin seems to heal more quickly. Plus my skin is just looking so much better somehow - clearer, more even complexion, less visible pores and more of a glow. It also provides ample night time moisturisation of my dry skin.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Can Nia24 be used during pregnancy?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:07 am      Reply with quote
mithai.....according to the Nia24 offical website, use of the products during pregnancy should be left to the discretion of your physician.

majorb....I used the Intensive Recovery Complex last night, by itself and I not only had a much better application, but I woke up with clear, vibrant skin without any dryness. I'm thrilled. Once again, thank you for your help.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

majorb....I used the Intensive Recovery Complex last night, by itself and I not only had a much better application, but I woke up with clear, vibrant skin without any dryness. I'm thrilled. Once again, thank you for your help.

I am SO happy it's working for you! Very Happy It really does make your skin look lovely the next morning, doesn't it. With any luck, you'll see that it gets better and better. It certainly did for me.

I love this stuff!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, majorb, I really do like this cream very much. I just hope it helps me with my main skin issue which is hyperpigmentation. Aside from that it does give the skin a nice tone and glow. I'll see what happens with the facial hyperpigmentation with regular use. It's only been two days for me!!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

I am SO happy it's working for you! Very Happy It really does make your skin look lovely the next morning, doesn't it. With any luck, you'll see that it gets better and better. It certainly did for me.

I love this stuff!

Okay girls, ya sold me. Laughing This is now on my "next to try" list. Rolling Eyes Laughing
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks leeleedeedee!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased Nia24 Intensive Recovery Complex because of the rave reviews it has been getting and also because I do have issues with hyperpigmentation. However, my one problem with this cream is that it seems to ball up when I apply it and I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this? I don't know what I could be doing wrong to make it do this but any help would be very much appreciated.

I had this same problem, and was able to eliminate it by using less product. I can then layer another product over it as well with no issues.

The directions day to "Apply a dime size amount on face and neck" which is NOT much at all!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Bethany. I also felt that could have been part of the problem so I did start to use much less product. Now that I've started to use it as my nightly routine I'm very satisfied.

Has it helped you with your hyperpigmentation?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Thank you, Bethany. I also felt that could have been part of the problem so I did start to use much less product. Now that I've started to use it as my nightly routine I'm very satisfied.

Has it helped you with your hyperpigmentation?

It seemed to make my eyelash product discoloration go away quickly, but has not done much for my melasma. But I really like the line because it focuses on NOT damaging the skin barrier so I will keep using it.

However, I have had some pretty good initial results on my hyperpigmentation by using the Lemon Peel Bioferment from NCN, and most other people using it have too. (see the Skincare Tools and DIY forum for that thread)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the information, Bethany. I really wanted Nia24 to help with my hyperpigmentation but if it doesn't I'll check out your suggestions.
productsavvy
5% products discount

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Did NIA24 products actually help anyone with their hyper-pigmentation?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:40 am      Reply with quote
productsavvy wrote:

Yes...there were some very impressive pics posted on the product review thread by one of the members.

But I do think that the severity of the hyperpigmentation, the level (dermal or epidermal), and also the cause (PIH, hormonal, etc. ) all come into play in whether or not someone has success.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
productsavvy wrote:

Yes...there were some very impressive pics posted on the product review thread by one of the members.

But I do think that the severity of the hyperpigmentation, the level (dermal or epidermal), and also the cause (PIH, hormonal, etc. ) all come into play in whether or not someone has success.

I wonder if it was Diana P's pics…
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=403209#403209
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
bethany wrote:
productsavvy wrote:

I wonder if it was Diana P's pics…
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=403209#403209

That was exactly who I was thinking of!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |