Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Where to start?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
eisens

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
HI I'm new to this forum, thou have been reading threads for a couple of weeks.

Where do I start? Had a neck lift done in September, which has left the skin under my chin looking taut and stretched, not what I expected at all, but did get rid of the dreaded double chin. Have done a 12.5% 2 layer tca peel on it only to make it look worse.

I started facial excercises and now have creepy eye wrinkles under my eyes, I can only think from pulling the skin.

Also I have acne which has got worse since my neck lift. I am only 35.....going on 45.

I have booked in to have laser at the end of April and seeing a dermatologist on Monday, because I'm so fed up that I have come this far and still things get worse.

To target the under eye wrinkles, I have been using MD Forte & TNS which unfortunatley hasn't worked for me and I even did a TCA 20% with no peeling? Used emu oil for aftercare. I have also in the past used Retin-A didn't work either

I have also used Tamanu Oil and Hempseed Oil for my skin, which has helped a bit.

I been told by a DR to try Copper Serum and or Hyaluronic Gel, but will this help my under eye wrinkles and what about the taut skin under my chin.

Please help......with some info.....soooo confused on what products to use.....everything so far just makes it worse or doesn't help at all....
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
We need to move you to the skincare forum for this one. Procedures can bring on a multitude of uglies that take some time to get thru. Lasers can bring on outpourings of acne and peels can make your skin look worse before it gets better. Hang in there and lets see what our experts come up with!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
eisens, how low did you use the Retin A before you gave up on that? RA can take as long as 6 months before any results start showing up. Have you tried a good C serum, and are you using a good sunscreen every day? Those 3 things will definitely help in the long run.

I tried the eye combo and they didn't work for me either, unfortunately. The bad part about skin care is that everyone's skin is different and what works for one will not work for another. It is all trial and error, but I think if you stick to the "basics" of A, C and sunscreen and then build on to that with some extras that could definitely help your skin.

I'd also wait and see what your derm recommends using on your skin.

I have heard both good and bad things about copper peptides, and again it is all trial and error. These are also long term products where you will not see quick results. They may help with tightening of the skin.

How is your diet? Are you eating healthy fruits and veggies? I have a book called "Feed your skin, starve your wrinkles" and here are some recommended foods to eat for tighening and fighting sag:

Tighteners:
Asparagus
Black-eyed peas
celery
cheese
dried fruit
peanuts
rhubard

Sag fighters:
Brazil nuts
chickpeas
clams
dates
eggs
green peas
mango
raisins
rosemary

I am sure others will come along with their own tips and advice!
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
eisens, how low did you use the Retin A before you gave up on that? RA can take as long as 6 months before any results start showing up. Have you tried a good C serum, and are you using a good sunscreen every day? Those 3 things will definitely help in the long run.

I tried the eye combo and they didn't work for me either, unfortunately. The bad part about skin care is that everyone's skin is different and what works for one will not work for another. It is all trial and error, but I think if you stick to the "basics" of A, C and sunscreen and then build on to that with some extras that could definitely help your skin.

I'd also wait and see what your derm recommends using on your skin.

I have heard both good and bad things about copper peptides, and again it is all trial and error. These are also long term products where you will not see quick results. They may help with tightening of the skin.

How is your diet? Are you eating healthy fruits and veggies? I have a book called "Feed your skin, starve your wrinkles" and here are some recommended foods to eat for tighening and fighting sag:

Tighteners:
Asparagus
Black-eyed peas
celery
cheese
dried fruit
peanuts
rhubard

Sag fighters:
Brazil nuts
chickpeas
clams
dates
eggs
green peas
mango
raisins
rosemary

I am sure others will come along with their own tips and advice!

Thanks Riley for sharing these foods with us! Sounds like a great book! Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, skincarejunkie! It is a pretty good book if you are into the food and what it can do for your skin!
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
You're welcome, skincarejunkie! It is a pretty good book if you are into the food and what it can do for your skin!

I added this book to my wish list on Amazon! Looks like a great book! Very Happy
Julia Bartlet
5% products discount

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Eisens,

It's definitely a good thing that you are going to see your dermatologist. In regards to your under eye circles, you need to find out what's causing them first. These are the common causes:

*Small wrinkles that create shading
*Tiredness
*2 Different Types of browning
*Shadow above the lower lid
*Three different types of blood vessels

Once you figure out what's causing them, you can treat them, and your dermatologist can help you come up with the best strategy.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Slow slow but sure
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:05 am      Reply with quote
"Feed your skin, starve your wrinkles" is a pretty book, I usually read it before go to sleep and think about the next day meal at the same time Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |