Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best moisturizer that isn't expensive??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
insomniaisagingmeearly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I really need to start using a moisturizer on my skin. It is SO dry and looks awful. I am getting lines and wrinkles.

I don't want to spend forty dollars though. I know nothing about brands or makeup lines. The only moisturizer I would buy is some at the dept store cause I had a free makeover and the lady said I needed to start using it. But how do I even know if that is a good one?

Any recommendations on moisturizers? I'm only 27, but my skin is much older. Dry, wrinkles, lines. (I have a bad hormone imbalance.) So far, I think I tried aveeno- terrible for my skin! Yuck. I also tried some other drug store brand people people in their twenties/thirties use I guess and it made my skin STING and made it even more dry. I'd also like one that I can put my makeup on after and it dosen't make my skin look greasy, and make my lines look worse.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I honestly think oils are the best thing to use for moisturising. You could try emu, jojoba, avocado, macadamia and there's heaps of others. I'm using avocado at the moment and really like it. It leaves you looking abit green for a short time though. Laughing I've also used jojoba and love that too.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have just recently tried a knock off of Bio oil - its a store brand that is exactly the same formulation, and like you I can't tolerate certain products because they sting. This stuff doesn't sting, and after it absorbs, does not make me took greasy. A tiny bit is all I use and it has actually helped the redness around my eyes to fade. I have also discovered that the Victoria Principle stuff really works and costs about ten bucks a month. Not greasy and took my crow's feet away completely. Hope this helps
Al
dreamskin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:11 am      Reply with quote
The only thing I don't like about oils is that they can sometimes make your eyes sting.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:39 am      Reply with quote
QV cream! I love it!!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream. Although it is around $40. it is a very rich cream and a little goes a very long way. It is one of the best creams for dry/dehydrated skin. It's also exceptionally soothing and calming. I have repurchased this moisturizer about 6 times. I always have a tube on hand for those times when my skin gets very dry for whatever reason.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend NCN's Bio Active Day Cream. It feels great, soaks in quickly!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
My recommendation based on good reviews is CerVe. I think you can get this at CVS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I bnought the Eucerin Calming cream. Huge tube 200 ml in SDM for $9.99. It is just a moisturizer that can be used all over the face and under eyes. I use treatment product but I wanted additional moisture (on my neck, etc) when needed.

I apply treatment product, then the Calming cream than sunscreen. The Calming cream is compatiable with other products.

Weleda Skin Food also gets good reviews and is under $20.00 (health food section).
clustersof3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Hemp seed oil is one of the best moisturizers I've ever used.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Clustersof3,
I have tried a lot of oils on my skin. What is it about hemp that you really like. I did read through (most) of the thread "Hemp Oil Saved My Skin"... but still curious as to how it compares to other oils like avocado.

Thanks!
Emily

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:14 am      Reply with quote
insomniaisagingmeearly wrote:
I really need to start using a moisturizer on my skin. It is SO dry and looks awful. I am getting lines and wrinkles.

I don't want to spend forty dollars though. I know nothing about brands or makeup lines. The only moisturizer I would buy is some at the dept store cause I had a free makeover and the lady said I needed to start using it. But how do I even know if that is a good one?

Any recommendations on moisturizers? I'm only 27, but my skin is much older. Dry, wrinkles, lines. (I have a bad hormone imbalance.) So far, I think I tried aveeno- terrible for my skin! Yuck. I also tried some other drug store brand people people in their twenties/thirties use I guess and it made my skin STING and made it even more dry. I'd also like one that I can put my makeup on after and it dosen't make my skin look greasy, and make my lines look worse.

Well you can start with this link. It will definitely narrow the choices down. Good luck!
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/BULLETIN/010710-full.htm?utm_source=Beauty_Bulletin&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Article1ReadMore&utm_campaign=010710_BeautyBulletin&hq_e=el&hq_m=587496&hq_l=8&hq_v=011eb8f0f8#skincare
clustersof3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Clustersof3,
I have tried a lot of oils on my skin. What is it about hemp that you really like. I did read through (most) of the thread "Hemp Oil Saved My Skin"... but still curious as to how it compares to other oils like avocado.

Thanks!
Emily

I've never used avocado oil, but after reading the "hemp oil" thread I started adding it to my cleansing oil mix (see OCM thread) and loved the lighter texture. When I started using a few drops at night after my moisturizer, I couldn't believe the difference - my skin is looking smooth and firm - although I think using the OCM has made a huge difference as well.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
My recommendation based on good reviews is CerVe. I think you can get this at CVS.

I use Cerave also but want to switch to emu oil.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

CerVe is highly recommended on the MUA forum. Unfortunately, not available in Canada.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I use Cerave also but want to switch to emu oil.

I put Emu over Copper Peptides. I love it for some Uses but for me it is rather greasy for everyday.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
In the new edition of Allure they recommend a product with cholesterol, ceramides, essential fatty acids and niacinamide to improve the moisture barrier. They listed 2 CeraVe and Olay Micro-Sculpting Cream.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:

Well you can start with this link. It will definitely narrow the choices down. Good luck!
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/BULLETIN/010710-full.htm?utm_source=Beauty_Bulletin&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Article1ReadMore&utm_campaign=010710_BeautyBulletin&hq_e=el&hq_m=587496&hq_l=8&hq_v=011eb8f0f8#skincare

Hey - this was fun to read. Thanks. I'm not a Paula fan but she did rec the CeraVe so I'll give her a thumbs up on this one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Cerave have a version of their moisturizer with niacinamide called Cerave PM. It has very good feedback on makeupalley.com. Another good drugstore moisturizer is Eucerin Q10 Sensitive Skin cream which does not contain any silicones and is also highly raved as an eye cream.
jiafeimao9889
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:41 am      Reply with quote
maybe you can try nyr oil.
it's price is not more than 30$.
and it is good for you skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:06 am      Reply with quote
i agree with you.

Mishey wrote:
I honestly think oils are the best thing to use for moisturising. You could try emu, jojoba, avocado, macadamia and there's heaps of others. I'm using avocado at the moment and really like it. It leaves you looking abit green for a short time though. Laughing I've also used jojoba and love that too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your sharing.
i will try this product.
did it can work on anti-age?

leeleedeedee wrote:
I would recommend Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream. Although it is around $40. it is a very rich cream and a little goes a very long way. It is one of the best creams for dry/dehydrated skin. It's also exceptionally soothing and calming. I have repurchased this moisturizer about 6 times. I always have a tube on hand for those times when my skin gets very dry for whatever reason.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Could you please tell me the full name of the hemp seed oil?i want to try it.
clustersof3 wrote:

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
jiafeimao9889 wrote:
Could you please tell me the full name of the hemp seed oil?i want to try it.
clustersof3 wrote:

Not sure where you live, but the brand I buy (in Canada) is usually cold-pressed Manitoba Harvest because it's available locally at a health food store.
Julia Bartlet
5% products discount

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a very big fan of Eucerine and also Lubriderm. I always go with the fragrance free stuff.

Good luck!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |