Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review:: glominerals gloGloss
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I have received this gloss in a sample, and my first impression was WOW, this is an awesome gloss - it's coverage is superb, comparable to lipstick, not translucent as other lip glosses, and the color is beautiful (I received the plum glaze sample).

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/glominerals-glogloss-p_2696.htm

Then, I wanted to take it off, for eating, and I was surprised that not only it was coming off problematically, and staining lips like a chemical lipstick would, it also sort of spread beyond the lip border.

My first impression was so great that I wanted to order more, especially that the price is great (compared to 37$ I pay for Guerlain KissKiss lip gloss...), but not so sure now. Have no idea what the ingredients are for it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
zeverenok,

Hope this helps here is the list of ingredients. Of course the May Contain will depend on what color?

GloMinerals gloGloss Ingredients: Polybutene, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol Euphoria Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Phytonadione, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, tocopherol Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Trihydroxystearin, Bumetrizole, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891). May contain: Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77489, CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Red 6 Lake (CI15850), Red 7 Lake (CI15850), Red 27 Lake (CI45410).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Ah, thanks DM Smile

I think I know what's causing the issue that I have - Red 6 Lake (CI15850), Red 7 Lake (CI15850), Red 27 Lake (CI45410).

In red lipsticks I've used before, I got the same effect. I believe these are D&C dyes, that are used in food as well. And funny enough, in soap if you use them they have the same effect of "bleeding"
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Ah, thanks DM Smile

I think I know what's causing the issue that I have - Red 6 Lake (CI15850), Red 7 Lake (CI15850), Red 27 Lake (CI45410).

In red lipsticks I've used before, I got the same effect. I believe these are D&C dyes, that are used in food as well. And funny enough, in soap if you use them they have the same effect of "bleeding"

You are welcome, I agree those colors can cause those issues. Smile I was also wondering if the A and C derivatives might be a contributing factor to the staining?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
which are the A and C derivatives?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:

Ascorbyl Palmitate is the C derivative and Retinyl Palmitate is the A derivative. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
zverenok wrote:

Ascorbyl Palmitate is the C derivative and Retinyl Palmitate is the A derivative. Smile

I would guess these would be beneficial to skin, what effects do they have on skin? "spreading"?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
zverenok wrote:

I would guess these would be beneficial to skin, what effects do they have on skin? "spreading"?

They are beneficial, I just think they may make the lips absorb the colors more, but that is an educated guess! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Well, judging by the fact that my previous red lipsticks containing the above mentioned D&C dyes, did not have the A and C derivatives included, I would think that it's purely the dyes. However, you are right A & C derivatives could contribute to the problem of absorption... But I must say I love how the color of this gloss is almost like a lipstick full coverage and so glossy!!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Well, judging by the fact that my previous red lipsticks containing the above mentioned D&C dyes, did not have the A and C derivatives included, I would think that it's purely the dyes. However, you are right A & C derivatives could contribute to the problem of absorption... But I must say I love how the color of this gloss is almost like a lipstick full coverage and so glossy!!!

I agree about the reds, it's the same in hair color you have to rinse forever to get the hair to rinse clear. It's just a thought about added absorption! Smile I know I use a good oil to remove lip stains that really stay put for me. I am sure you will make these work since you love them so much! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Nah, I am actually considering BareEscentuals 100% natural lip gloss....

Of course I don't know their ingredients either
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Nah, I am actually considering BareEscentuals 100% natural lip gloss....

Of course I don't know their ingredients either

LOL Here you are,

Ingredients
Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Flavor (Natural Vanilla), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Sorbitan Olivate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Silica, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Seed Butter, Tocopherol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Aha! No red lakes! I am sold!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:

Please keep us posted! Wink Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:

Please do keep us posted! They make nice glosses. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
There is a color chart where I found the ingredient list. Smile

http://bareescentuals.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM, will let you know - will be getting them with my next order Smile I cannot find color wheel on that URL Sad
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Thanks DM, will let you know - will be getting them with my next order Smile I cannot find color wheel on that URL Sad

If you click a color there is a chart of colors on the right hand side. Smile
I will be anxious to see your review!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Hey DM,

I have trouble deciding on colors - usually colors online look way different, and I am looking for that pink purplish color , and have so far looked at Pomegranate, Tartlette and Sugar Plum. I am not sure, but on bareescentuals, the descriptions for instance of sugar plum is purple but the picture shows brown... Have you tried/seen the colors up close?
Pomegranate looks too intense purple, but you never know until you try, so I am probably going to order all 3 and check them out Wink

Edit: well, just ordered them, so soon will be telling you all about them!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:03 am      Reply with quote
zverenok,

I haven't tried the 100% natural line yet, too many glosses already here. I usually find the colors on most I see online are a little less intense than the online picture. I don't know if Sephora carries then yet but I have found their color charts to be very accurate! Smile

http://www.sephora.com

it may be worth a look to compare? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Wow, you are right, the colors look way different on sephora

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P236803&categoryId=C16510&shouldPaginate=true

OK so I wasn't wrong, glad I got all the three that I liked. Smile My lips are pretty dark, so a little goes a long way Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I am glad that helped, I have always done well with the color charts at Sephora. Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |