Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New eyelash product from PSF. Prolatogen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Got an email from PSF on their new eyelash product. Info per the email:

"PROLATOGEN® uses revolutionary lash-enhancing technology to gradually begin transforming the look of your lashes in just 4 weeks, with more dramatic results after 6 weeks of use. PROLATOGEN® is supplied as a sterile, buffered, isotonic ophthalmic solution combining patented lipo-oligopeptide technology with a human recombinant keratinocyte growth factor. PROLATOGEN® is not a drug and will not alter your eye color. PROLATOGEN® supports gradual, enhanced eyelash growth with no known side-effects. Now you can experience visibly longer, thicker, more plentiful looking lashes in as little as 4 weeks!

Clinical trials show a visible increase in lash volume & length:
-Up to 46% in just 4 weeks*
-Up to 72% in just 6 weeks*

*Results from a 6 week study, using a Canon 5-DMII camera, calibrated in micrometers to accurately measure distal length & width. Software programs include Canfield & Hasselblad programs to interpret eyelash density analysis. Individual results may vary."
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Key Active Ingredients:
• SYMPEPTIDE® 226 - Patented lipo-oligopeptide that supports enhanced lash growth by up to 74%
• KGF - Human keratinocyte growth factor, stimulates the production of keratin in the hair follicle, the protein that acts as a "building block" for hair growth

Ingredients:
Purified Water, Sympeptide® 226 (Purified Water, Glycerin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17), Sodium chloride, KGF-1 (Human Recombinant Keratinocyte Growth Factor), Sodium phosphate monobasic, Sodium phosphate dibasic, Hydroxyethylcellulose, EDTA, Benzylkonium chloride (0.01%)

3 ml $75.00

The kit includes disposable applicator brushes. The website is currently having a special 20% off your order until 03-29-10 if you buy the Prolatogen kit.

http://www.psfskincare.com/xcart/home.php

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like they have a return policy of 30 days! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Looks like they have a return policy of 30 days! Very Happy

Didn't notice the return policy Toby, so thanks for pointing it out. This product supposedly takes 4 to 6 weeks to show results, so 30 days may not be enough time to trial the product. Did you have a chance to view the before and after photos?

Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17 is the active ingredient in the NOTH eyelash product BTW.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
SAS sells the KGF, and I was definitely not impressed with that by itself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
This looks like a combo of the SAS and NOTCH formulas. And, as Lacy pointed out the B/A photos, the first is the same one NOTCH uses!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
This looks like a combo of the SAS and NOTCH formulas. And, as Lacy pointed out the B/A photos, the first is the same one NOTCH uses!

I would certainly think that 2 actives are better than one! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Maybe! Laughing Hopefully someone will give it a try and report.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

And this product has a 30 day return.

Lacy states that may not be enough time to see results but in comparing with NOTH - The NOTH users who had results saw them by 3 weeks, so one could assume this would work in the same time window and still allow time for a return if nothing is happening by day 21 or so. I'd give this one a try if I was in the market.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:22 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Agree especially for those that aren't getting results from either product alone. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Lacy states that may not be enough time to see results but in comparing with NOTH - The NOTH users who had results saw them by 3 weeks, so one could assume this would work in the same time window and still allow time for a return if nothing is happening by day 21 or so. I'd give this one a try if I was in the market.

I wouldn't say that's a fair representation of the time frame for results since it varies from one user to another. Some saw results in as little as 2 weeks while others took well over a month. Others still have yet to achieve any results. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Cross posting.

Thought I would post this here. It is from HOTCH's newsletter they send out periodically. I am posting is because I am the "someone" who started the thread on the PSF product.

"Moisturizing Eyelash Growth Serum (the E.Y.E.S. System):
Our product that signals the body to produce longer, fuller, darker eyelashes has become a smash hit since it was introduced in July of last year! I am really proud of this cosmetic product, and the feedback is 100% positive from all of our customers. As a matter of fact, our Moisturizing Eyelash Growth Serum is the HOTTEST topic on the cosmetic internet chat room forum known as the Essential Day Spa, or EDS. Here is a link to that massive discussion, that has nearly 13,000 "reads" and 327 posted comments, all of them positive. Many photos of eyelash growth are posted there too (check "page 12" )... :

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

I think the reasons that people like this product so much are many. First, the product works, plain and simple. Second, it works using a cosmetic legal peptide, NOT a drug active with the associated drug side effects in those other eyelash growth products. And third... if you read some of the posts, some users are finding that their eyes feel more moisturized while using my product, and they no longer have "dry eyes". The news just keeps getting better and better!

Lately on that same forum someone posted a thread saying there is a new eyelash product from PSF that also uses the peptide that my product uses. That is true, but the NOTCH product has a base serum that is so much better and moisturizing for the skin near the eyelashes. The PSF product uses essentially "salt water" to deliver the peptide. This is typical short sighted formulating that makes for a far inferior product, all in pursuit of maximum profit for the producer of that product! And what is worse, the PSF product is $75.00 for just 3 milliliters. The Moisturizing Eyelash Growth Serum that I produce and sell is just $25.00 for 4 milliliters! That is more product for 1/3 the cost!"
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Well, this is what I have been using for 3 weeks and it has worked so far, but I expect my eyelashes to touch my upper eye lids Very Happy as my doctor claimed it would. His clinic sold it to me for 100.00 CD or a bit more, but later I found I could find it cheaper on the internet...argggh!

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Sodium Lactate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Proline, yeast Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract , Hexipeptide-11, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Arcyostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Methylamido Dihydro Noralfaprostal Retinyl Palmitate ( Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Methylisothiazolinone

http://www.nutraluxelashmd.com/products.html

I don't know about the ingredients since I don't know much about this stuff, but it has been working for sure to the point that I don't need to apply mascara and my lower lashes (where I actually don't apply) are full grown and lots of them. I really hope this does the trick.. cross my fingers.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I have been following this thread closely, as I have been wanting to try an eyelash serum for a while, but am terrified to use Latisse since my hazel-green eyes are the exact color that can easily be changed by latisse!

Anyway, I use & like a lot of PSF products, so I emailed them NOTCH’s post above & asked for their take on his interpreatation of Prolatogen. Here is PSF's reply:

>
>
>
“Dear Heather,
Thank you for your email. I read the statement above by the owner of NOTCH Cosmetics. While I understand how his statement could be unsettling to the lay reader, for someone who understands the formulation & delivery of active ingredients in an ophthalmic excipient, it is obvious that he does not understand the science behind this type of product. This serum is applied directly to the skin & hair of the lash-line. It is understood that any product applied in this manner will eventually migrate into the eye. So this opens a whole new dimension & complexity to the formulator. Now instead of a water & lipid based cosmetic serum, we have to formulate an eye drop formula which needs to be isotonic, and buffered to the exact pH of the human eye. And it needs to use a buffering system that will not impact the delivery of the Sympeptide 226 or the KGF-1. As you can imagine, this is a challenging project, even for the most experienced chemical engineer. Developing a sterile, isotonic buffered solution to deliver the actives is NOT a cheap way out for a manufacturer, nor does it yield an inferior product. Much to the contrary; it would have been much more cost-effective for us to make an inexpensive oil-in-water emulsion & dump in the required amount of peptide. But we would never do that to our customers, especially at the expense of their ocular health.

Much time & testing has gone into this product. This product has been in development for almost 2 years. There are several reasons that we feel our product is superior to the NOTCH product. Here are some reasons:

1. PROLATOGEN® is delivered in a pharmaceutical grade ophthalmic saline solution.
2. PROLATOGEN® is sterile.
3. PROLATOGEN® is buffered to match the pH of the eye & human tears.
4. PROLATOGEN® uses a higher percentage of Sympeptide 226 than the NOTCH product.
5. PROLATOGEN® uses the Sympeptide 226 in conjunction with KGF-1 (Human Recombinant Keratinocyte Growth Factor). These 2 ingredients when combined in proprietary ratios work better than either ingredient does alone.
6. PROLATOGEN® supplies you with 60 disposable applicator brushes. It is very important to use a new brush on each eye for every application and then dispose of the brush. Re-using a brush can cause cross-contamination of bacteria & may cause an eye infection. Dipping a reused brush into a vial of product that you are going to put into your eye is not a road I would personally wish to go down.
7. PROLATOGEN® does not contain botanical oils or plant matter that may trigger allergic reactions in sensitive users.
8. PROLATOGEN® uses a preservative system that is tested & safe for use in contact lens solutions, eye drops, and prescription eye medications.

We have taken our time to develop what our scientists believe to be the best non-prescription eyelash enhancing formula available today. In this industry, it is very easy for companies to downplay the efforts & achievements of others, especially when armed with just enough knowledge to obscure the facts for those who rely on their guidance & expertise. We offer a no-questions asked 30 day money back guarantee on PROLATOGEN® Eyelash Enhancing Solution. If for any reason you are displeased with your results, we will happily honor a return on our product. We are so sure that you will love the results that we are happy to stand behind PROLATOGEN®.

Thanks again for your email. I hope that I was able to answer some of your questions & allay any concerns. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us any time & someone on our staff will be happy to assist you!

Kind regards,
Darren White
President/CEO

Pure Skin Formulations, LLC www.psfskincare.com www.prolatogen.com www.biggerlashes.com
>
>
>

Anyway, PSF has made me feel a lot better about why they used the ingredients that they did & with the disposable brushes, for me it justifies the cost (if I can get it on sale!) LOL! Laughing

PSF has some good points in their defense. I think I’m going to give the PSF one a try since it’s on sale & I have some other PSF things I need to reorder. Does anyone know when EDS will be offering the Prolatogen?

Thanks,
~Heather
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Heather for providing PSF's point of view and response to NOTCH's newsletter. I actually am very impressed by their answer. I definitely like the fact that they have you use a new brush for every application, which is much more sanitary in my opinion. Please update after you have used their product for a few weeks!
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks rileygirl,
I was also very impressed by PSF's answer. They seem to really know their stuff! I think I am going to give the Prolatogen a try. I can always return it if I'm not happy with the results, so I really have nothing to lose! Idea I will definitely update on my progress! Very Happy
~Heather
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Is EDS going to carry the new lash product from PSF?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
Thanks rileygirl,
I was also very impressed by PSF's answer. They seem to really know their stuff! I think I am going to give the Prolatogen a try. I can always return it if I'm not happy with the results, so I really have nothing to lose! Idea I will definitely update on my progress! Very Happy
~Heather

I agree, please do keep us updated. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I will definitely keep everyone updated. I don't think any of these eyelash growth products work super fast, but I think a month should be enough time to see at least some improvement. I will take a before photo & then after a month take an after photo & then post them both for you to see. On another note, I am a little shocked that NOTCH would outwardly take pot shots at a competitor in a newsletter like that! I was a little taken back at that to be honest...didn't seem to be too professional! Confused
DarkMoon wrote:
doodlebug wrote:
Thanks rileygirl,
~Heather

I agree, please do keep us updated. Smile
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ignoring the active ingredients for a moment, here is the ingredients list for Lumigan the Glaucoma drug which is used directly in the eye (but has the side effect of longer lashes):

Contains:
Active: bimatoprost 0.3 mg/mL;
Preservative: Benzalkonium chloride 0.05 mg/mL;
Inactives: Sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified water. (Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from 6.8-7.8.)

PROLATOGEN® Eyelash Enhancing Solution Ingredients:

Active: SYMPEPTIDE® 226 (Purified Water, Glycerin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17),
KGF-1 (Human Recombinant Keratinocyte Growth Factor)
Preservative: Benzylkonium chloride (0.01%)
Inactives: Purified Water, Sodium chloride, Sodium phosphate monobasic, Sodium phosphate dibasic, Hydroxyethylcellulose, EDTA

It seems to me that PSF basically just followed the same formula that Allergan uses for Lumigan.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
It seems to me that PSF basically just followed the same formula that Allergan uses for Lumigan.

Thanks for sharing this...that actually makes me MUCH more comfortable. I will definitely try this product when I run out of my old Revitalash stock.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
On another note, I am a little shocked that NOTCH would outwardly take pot shots at a competitor in a newsletter like that! I was a little taken back at that to be honest...didn't seem to be too professional! Confused

I very much agree.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
(partial cross-posting)

I also thought John from NOTH was unnecessarily insulting about the PSF eyelash product; it came off as *sour grapes*. He has his fans and a good price point.

I hope doodlebug will share a review - I know we'll all be waiting.

I'm sure EDS will scoop it up --the way we all love eyelash enhancing Smile Havana are you listening?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
doodlebug wrote:
On another note, I am a little shocked that NOTCH would outwardly take pot shots at a competitor in a newsletter like that! I was a little taken back at that to be honest...didn't seem to be too professional! Confused

I very much agree.

Ditto, Although I am very satisfied with the NOTH lash product I am shocked at these tactics!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

Thanks for sharing this...that actually makes me MUCH more comfortable. I will definitely try this product when I run out of my old Revitalash stock.

Normally I would be more comfortable too, but there are some possible safety issues with the use of Benzalkonium chloride. PSF has also included the EDTA as a preservative I believe.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |