Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How to deal with grainy textured skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Even though my acne is near non-existent now, I still have this problem of hardened, deep under the skin, sebum plugs, that give my skin a grainy textured appearance, pretty much like this:

They are really bad on my cheeks, chin and forehead, and I even have them around my eyes. The only thing that ever got rid of them was accutane. While I was on it, hundreds of hard little sebum plugs fell out every day until my skin was smooth as a baby's bottom, and my skin looked as it did when I was 10.

I feel like I've tried every topical possible (retinoids, acids, etc.), and nothing has worked to get rid of them. Any ideas? My next idea is to try the 302 drops as many of you have reported smoothing of the skin while using it.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
HI, I'm a little surprised Retin-a hasn't worked for you. Having said that, however, my chin area has a coarse texture and I've used RA for years and years. Confused I used 302 Drops and 302 C Serum. I actually got compliments on my skin. I'm out of those products, but I'm seriously thinking of reordering. Nothing has improved my skin texture, though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to take a look at the DermaWand thread-- I currently have a professional high frequency device (a fancier DermaWand) and it has really done wonders to retexturize my skin and eliminate acne. It seems that using it has accelerated the process of sloughing off the old, top layer of skin without leaving me raw. (Just flaky in the beginning.)

Hope this helps!

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think I know what you mean. I recently developed tiny bumps on my cheeks. I thought it was an allegic reaction to a new skin cream, so I stopped using it, and tried to exfoliate. I also use retin A, and that seems to help, too.
Cazziek
5% products discount

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sugar-scrubs removed them from the areas above my knees. Would likely be too harsh for the face, but some form of deep exfoliation or facial peels (tca/glycolic) should help.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I really believe keeping up with a gentle exfoliation is your best bet to help rid your skin of those little bumps. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 am      Reply with quote
You could try a series of microdermabrasion treatments.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I have the same thing on my cheeks under my eyes. Exfoliating once a weeks helps, but does not get rid of them for me. I go to my mother every 6 months (she does electrolysis) and she zaps them, they turn into small red spots and when the scab falls off they are gone - takes about a week. If you contact a electrolysist and ask as it's the only thing that I find gets rid of them.
Julia Bartlet
5% products discount

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest sticking with the gentle exfoliators, salicylic acid has worked wonders for me.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ever try 2% BHA solution by paula's choice? it is one of the good exfoliation.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Skin Biology's Exfol Serum is good too - it's also 2% Salicylic Acid. Lactic Acid peels are great as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 am      Reply with quote
This is a very good question. It was the same for me and accutane did make every pore disappear!
I have this texture in my chin area. I have had microdermabrasions, peels make it worse and get facials.
The derm told me to get rid of it and smooth it out I needed to continue the retin-A. I try putting it on every 2-3 days even, but my skin just breaks out in cysts and peels and flakes. Crying or Very sad
So I give it up for a while then go back to it, maybe I just need to stick with it but the cysts are annoying.
BTW, LOOVVEEDDDD that frog pic!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I have noticed this on my cheeks as well. It is HARD to have smooth cheeks. It seems like I always feel bumpy texture on most of my cheeks. It's not as bad as it once was, but it is still there which is annoying since it's hard to get rid of.

Perhaps laser peels get rid of it? Seems like that's the answer for everything.

There are sections on my cheeks however that are very smooth and I want all of that for the rest of my cheeks.

Good Luck
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |