Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Number one product that has tightened your skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
insomniaisagingmeearly
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have a lot of money right now for skin care products, but I am experiencing rapid aging from insomnia. (And it takes a long time to find a remedy for insomnia!)

So in the meantime, I want to start using one amazing product on my skin to tighten it. (Only 27 and in the last year I've gotten nasolabial lines and jowls and loss of volume in my cheeks.)

I don't want to do facial exercises. I'm considering the tua viso. So please share- do you think vitamin c serum or something else would be the most beneficial? My skin is dull, pale and sagging.

Also, does anyone use frownies? Should I start using them? Do they help with forehead lines?

Thanks!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi insomnia - I am an avid Facial exerciser but it does take a daily commitment for the most part and motivation. I mention this because that WOULD be my first recommendation - cheapest in the long run too.

For tightening products at your age - I love Copper Peptides but I'm not sure that's your answer. Maybe a matrixyl 3000 product. NCNproskincare has one you may want to look into.
A C product (Cellbone has good prices on some top shelf products (Glycolic C might be a good option for you and they give great, large sample sizes)... A C will help erase the gray look but not really firm, The glycolic will help exfoliate also.
Frownies work well on the 11's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I would have also recommended facial exercising. Can you share your reason for skipping it?

If time or money are the barriers, there are options for each! There are programs that you can do in 5 mins a day (like Ageless if You Dare - $10) or more comprehensive programs where you can create your own program, and that also offer skin advice(like FlexEffect - $90).

Or if you just want to lay there and relax while "exercising," the Safetox ($268) is fabulous for 1) softening forehead lines, and 2) working your facial muscles (but not as intensely, nor as comprehensively as the facial exercise programs)

But at the end of the day, your money may be better spent at the doctor focusing on resolving that insomnia. Confused

5% products discount

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think what I'm going to recommend is similar to what you called facial exercising. I can't post the link but you can search for "tanaka face massage" on Youtube. There's an English version. You can do it at home yourself, and it takes only 3 mins every day. I'm 27 too and I started it to tighten my cheeks. It did work! I felt my cheeks lifted and tightened within one week. I didn't "see" the difference because I don't like to watch my face in mirror Embarassed . I guess I won't consider any tightening products as long as it works for me Laughing .
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I second the recommendation for copper peptides. My skin definitely firmed up with those. They are strong products and can cause some 'uglies' if used too fast, so you need to go the slow and patient route with them.

The newest CP out there that is suppose to be even better for firming skin is the Skin Signals.

There is a lot of info on the Skin Biology website about them. You can buy them there, at NCN Skin Care, at EDS and at Diana Yvonne. Not sure EDS has the Skin Signals yet, but heard they are getting them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
DMAE helped me a lot.
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Foxe,what do you of matrixyl 3000 for firming the skin? Can you use both CP and matrixyl for firming or is it overkill?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Dr Pickart isn't a big fan of the Matrixyl (always asking for 'studies'), but I just happened to buy some M3K from NCN and like it.

I used it with success when my neck was extremely dehydrated after an attempt at rolling. It seemed to help with that. I haven't needed to use it often since then.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:10 am      Reply with quote
how does insomnia age you and cause loss of volume? just wondering as I suffered from insomnia a while back, and also have loss of volume in my cheeks...

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
Foxe,what do you of matrixyl 3000 for firming the skin? Can you use both CP and matrixyl for firming or is it overkill?

I'd rather use CP with DMAE. I tried Matryxil 3000 but did not have the same tightening effect as with CP and DMAE combination.
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
RS, I've read that it take at least 90 days to see the martrixyl to work.Did you use it that long?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
RS, I've read that it take at least 90 days to see the martrixyl to work.Did you use it that long?

Well, I finished the whole bottle from Nancy (30 ml) and noticed no tightening ( or any other) effect. As with DMAE I used half of the bottle which is also 30 ml and already was so happy with results that re-ordered it before finishing.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Leggy 61 wrote:

Well, I finished the whole bottle from Nancy (30 ml) and noticed no tightening ( or any other) effect. As with DMAE I used half of the bottle which is also 30 ml and already was so happy with results that re-ordered it before finishing.

RS~ which DMAE product do you use?
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I think exercise and retin-a are responsible for tightening up my skin.
insomniaisagingmeearly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
mowgli- I've had severe insomnia. I didn't sleep for days. Now, when I do sleep, I wake up every few minutes. I think insomnia ages you if you don't get deep sleep because that is beauty sleep. Sleep renews all the cells and causes them to turn over. Plus, when you have insomnia for a long period of time and its severe, it can put your hormones out of balance. (and im pretty sure that ages you.) Also, it causes high cortisol levels and high cortisol causes rapid aging.

Wow, your only 29 and you have had loss of volume in your cheeks too? Did you start to get jowls? What other aging have you experienced? How bad was your insomnia? What helped it?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
Leggy 61 wrote:

RS~ which DMAE product do you use?

Reviva Labs DMAE Firming Liquid. Some other EDS members had very good success with it.

http://www.vitacost.com/Reviva-Labs-DMAE-Firming-Fluid-301

insomniaisagingmeearly , I know it's a bit off topic, but do u know the reason of ur insomina?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |