Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Tua Viso or Lightstim...help me decide please?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

This forum is amazing, I am so grateful for the things I have learned on here. I have always looked after my skin and thought I was pretty 'up' on it all!!

wow, I know nothing!! you guys are amazing on here, the knowledge is incredible and I thank you all for sharing.

Now, I really want a Tua Viso AND a Lightstim...but at the moment I can only get 1!!

which would you buy first?

my skin is dry/mature..

pigmentation and some small capilliares on cheeks mainly.
not many wrinkles at all, but
main problem is sagging around the jawline. I hate it!! with a vengence, I have jowls Mad

I do need to lose about 10 kilos (working on that at the moment!) I think will help abit but I am hoping is doesn't make it worse.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bernie

I have used both gadgets but sold my Tua Viso for the new Tua Trend which I enjoy using.I use it daily, well on most days and I have found it good at firming up my cheek and jawline although I do double the program on my problem areas. I have used the Lightstim but found it to be
a) too time consuming
b) really dried out my skin when I used it more than 3 times a week.

Im not sure if I gave it long enough to really see any differences but I just found it took too long out of my evening to commit too.

So I guess personally I would go with the tua viso although I wouldnt expect miracles with these gadgets.They cost quite a bit initially and you have to use them continuously to see any benefit.Hope this helps

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bernie,
I am not aware of your age but jowls are no fun at any time in your life. I have both devices you are interested in and although I like both of them neither one was the cure for jowls. The only thing that has dealt with my jowls are facial exercises.The Lightstim used along with green tea has really plumped up my skin and given me a creamy complexion and tightened things up. The tua viso is fun and tightening but for me it did not deal with jowls...I needed bigger guns for that like facial exercises. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:10 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the replies.. Very Happy

I definately want both items, in time! just not sure which one to go with.

I too really believe the only true answer will be a face lift , and to be honest if I had the money thats what I would do.

Dont get me wrong, for my age (47)my skin is really good, and this is the only thing that is just starting to bother me. Guess I need to start putting even more effort in, might have a look at some of those excerises Confused
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Definitely a good idea to try the exercises for jowls. Between the two devices, I would go for the AALS. I have the TV and am never sure I am using it correctly. LED devices are much easier and you see pretty quick results.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
It really depends on what your main priority is for what you want to do. If you want to tighten the skin through exercising the muscles then the Tua Viso is more for that. If you are more concerned about pigmentation and small wrinkles then the LED devices would be more for that.

I have used both the Tua Viso and the AALS and with the TV I have seen some tightening and lift to my skin...with the AALS I noticed that my skin got more evened in color with less pigmentation...but, I never really noticed any wrinkle reduction from the AALS.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie,

I'm like you I plan to buy the AALS and am considering either the Tua Viso or the Tua Trend...may I ask if there is a reason you've decided on the TV? I've been reading the boards and am confused over which device people seem to like best...the TV or TT.

Thanks!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Okay I have both devices and love them both but they both perform different functions -
the TV exercises the muscles and has an overall
lifting effect to the face. I hav sagging jowls and it has helped somewhat. Agree exercises should be used as well for sagging.
The TV has helped to plump the skin (mainly cheeks) and help erase some fine lines along with evening out skin tone and getting rid of sun spots. Get both by all means and get the AA
lightstim. You may want to start with the TV for the face lifting - good luck - you can't go
wrong with either! DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Firstly I didn't know I could only post 5 times a day Shock

anyway,

skindeep38..to be honest I have been reading so much an all these devices that I can't remember one clear reason why i decided to go with the TV instead of the TT, think it looks easier to control, I liked the handle.

with the LED I was considering the Tanda but couldn't go past the rave reviews off the Lightstim!

thanks for the input DiPhx

think i may go with the TV first,
I am in Melbourne Australia so any advice on the best place to purchase from?

I think NCN stock it? and they post to Australia?
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtful, are you saying that yhou aren't using your AALS at all anymore cause of the time commitment?

I also had an intense drying experience..and other difficulties..when i used the AALS 4 days in a row back in the fall of '08..should have listened to my own intution which was screaming 'stop' after the 3rd day of continuing use..but i've been thinking about it again lately..and am wondering about the experience of someone who may be using it only 3 days or so a week from the beginning..not just as maintainance (which would be how i would use it)

(probaly should have posted this on the 'pure' AALS thread, but you are active on this thread now.. and i guess it fits in...well enough...w/ this thread's topic not to be hijacking it!)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jasminerosey

Last year I went on a mad crusade to try and improve my prematurely aged skin which I put down to a few years of relentless stress.I think perhaps I went about it the wrong way.I bought the Tua Viso then the STOP then the AALS and used these quite a lot also started using Retin A and VIT C for the first time and had Botox, one lot of fillers, microdermabration, a course of IPL and skin tightening, my point being I had to prioritize my time and the AALS took just too long to do along with everything else.The drying effect could have been a combination of everything altogether, but I noticed my skin was particularly at its most dryest after using the AAls.I have learned my lesson though and have scaled back my arsenal of weapons.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie,

If you get the TV, please let us know how you like it! I've already spent my budget for this month but am saving up to buy the AALS and/or TV/TT in the next few months.

Thanks!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I want an DPL LED unit also but bought the Tua Viso first. It has restored so much confidence in skin tone and made me feel better about turning 40. I love it!! I did not have really bad jowls but did have the beginning of something along those lines-- downward turned mouth corners-- which have totally turned around. If skin tone and wanting a faux face lift effect is your main priority I would buy the Tua Viso first. LED from what I've read will restore a peaches and cream complexion. I think about buying mine every day. If only I had it now!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |