Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Lumigan - beware
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ellet
5% products discount

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

ok. I cant stay on here too long, because my eyes will start to sting and burn like hell and ache.

The cause i believe is using Lumigan since september. It's march now. In December i took a mnth break, and started it back again. my lashes were growing like crazy, but they never got fuller, and continued applying it almost every night, i would miss a few nights here and there. i stopped using it 3 weeks ago all together because i had a serious eye strain in my right eye. i woke up one morning and i felt like someone Punched me strai in the eye. i just thought it will go away quick i must just have slept on that eye ball for some hours or something. but no, after 3 days, it was hurting tooo much. i tried to sleep as much as i could to rest my eyes. went online real quick to look up the issue, but my eyes couldn't take the light from the computer so i had to hurry, cry at the same time and read some info on straighning your eye muscles. i have no glaucoma or anything. just used this junk for eye lash growth. anyway, i couldn't watch tv, or read or go online. anything that involved using my eyes too much. one time i had conversation with my husband and i couldn't look at him for too long.

then after a week, my left eye starts to hurt like the right eye. and i was like, OH CRAP. now i'm in real trouble. i never had eye problems in my entire life.

thank god now after 3 weeks my eyes are feeling much better but still not back to normal. but its getting there. just wanted to warn everyone. there are alot of eye lash growth products. we don't have to use Lumigan. Maybe Latisse is better i don't know. but i wouldnt risk it. it gave my very dark circles and lost ALOT of lashes i should have stoped a long time ago.

I just ordered Talika Lipocils because that is availabe in my country. we'll see how that goes. and i haven't heard any side effects of that one.

long post sorry but i hope worth it
ellet
5% products discount

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Anyone who might know more about this issue, could you please explain the science behind it? I read someone before that it could pressure the eye? what does that mean?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:35 am      Reply with quote
ellet wrote:
Anyone who might know more about this issue, could you please explain the science behind it? I read someone before that it could pressure the eye? what does that mean?

Lumigan is a glaucoma treatment that reduces the intraocular pressure in your eyes. I don't use this or know anything about it, other than it is what my mother used for her glaucoma.

Maybe you could read around on the Lumigan site and see if you can find out any information or contact the manufacturer to see if they could help you out. Have you seen your eye doctor?

http://www.allergan.com/treatments/eye_care/glaucoma.htm
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 am      Reply with quote
ellet,

I am crossposting links I posted on the lumigan thread, I hope your eyes can handle the reading. There are many possible side effects including what you are experiencing.

Possible side effects:

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/lumigan-side-effects.html

http://www.personalhealthzone.com/drug_side_effects/lumigan.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:55 am      Reply with quote
I posted in another thread and quickly repeated here : I only tried for few days but my eye lid kept jumping day and night.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:55 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
I posted in another thread and quickly repeated here : I only tried for few days but my eye lid kept jumping day and night.

critic,
There are always possible side effects that may not be reported, but it would connect for me that if the jumping only happened while using Lumigan and stopped once you stopped using it then that was the most likely cause. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
The side effects of this product really scare me, will keep using my mascara and fake lashes, lol!! Smile
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am curious....why didn't you go to a doctor? that would scare the life out of me and there is no way I would not seek medical attention as soon as possible.

Yeah, I am sticking with my fake lashes for sure!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I use a non drug containing product and I have extremely sensitive eyes, having great results and no problems or irritation. Works for me. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
My derm's office says Lumigan and Latisse have the same ingredients marketed differently.
G
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Gini wrote:
My derm's office says Lumigan and Latisse have the same ingredients marketed differently.
G

That's true, and many of the others are using another glaucoma drug, prostaglandin analogues. Smile

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Lumigan and Latisse are the exact same drug. The Dr just marks Latisse up 10x. Could you have been given something else? Or maybe the bottle wasn't sealed properly?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
liljunebug wrote:
Lumigan and Latisse are the exact same drug. The Dr just marks Latisse up 10x. Could you have been given something else? Or maybe the bottle wasn't sealed properly?

They are the same drug but my understanding is Latisse is in a slightly different base, but the side effects are the same for both. It's Allergen the manufacturer of both that marks the price of Latisse up not the doctors. The side effects for many are quite real.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Personally for me seeing is so much important than long lashes. I am too chicken to try any of the prescription type lash growth products. I have been using Ardell lash and brow conditioner and the results are nice but nothing to write home about. I have had some growth and my eyelashes are thick not spidery and I do not loose any lashes. If I was you I would stay away from all eye lash growth products and see a doctor immediately. Take care of your eye sight!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
agree that vision is more important than long lashes. Lumigan seems to affect quite a few people adversely. I tried it before and it affected me adversely, too. It's not for everyone.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Before I even ordered my Lumigan I was aware of the side effects, so I use mine only once or twice a week (a drop shared between each eye with a small plastic spatula), and have nice results.

I'm due an eye test soon and have had no problems. Very worrying that others are reporting such pain and discomfort, though!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
This is really scary!! Big lashes are every girl dream so I was thinking about ordering Latisse too. Not sure anymore since I have read this post. My mum has glaucoma and I do regular check ups because I have high eye pressure so it´s very possible that I will have it as well one day. Shame that these products have such severe side effects.
What product are you using DarkMoon? You always give me such good advices that I can´t avoid to ask you Smile

kisses
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
This is really scary!! Big lashes are every girl dream so I was thinking about ordering Latisse too. Not sure anymore since I have read this post. My mum has glaucoma and I do regular check ups because I have high eye pressure so it´s very possible that I will have it as well one day. Shame that these products have such severe side effects.
What product are you using DarkMoon? You always give me such good advices that I can´t avoid to ask you Smile

kisses

I have had excellent results using the Never Over The Hill lash serum, I have to say it seems to be a crap shoot though as some that are using it have had great results while others nothing at all. I don't know why it works for some and not others? I chose to try it after deciding against any of the prostaglandin analogue containing products, my sight is far more important to me than long lashes! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I also had horrible pain from dry eyes while using Lumigan every day. Also it made the borders of my lid so red people thought I had put make up on.

So I switched to using it every other day (or every 3 days) and making sure I put very little (a little less than one drop total is enough for both eyes)and I've had great results.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |