Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Pixel Skin Resurfacing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

On Tuesday I am scheduled to get a Pixel skin resurfacing on my face. Has anyone done this? I searched but didn't find anything.

I am scheduled to go in at 11 and then go back to work...the girl at the salon said I should be fine. however, my friends think I won't be able to go back to work.

thoughts??

TIA!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Havent' tried. What is this for, wrinkle or tightening, or dark spots?
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Here is what the spas says:

Pixel Skin Resurfacing is a fractional ablative laser treatment that targets fine lines, wrinkles, pores, and the overall skin texture. Thermal energy is delivered in pulses creating tiny micro-perforations in the epidermis. The procedure targets small areas of the skin, leaving surrounding tissue untouched and intact. These unaffected areas act as reservoir for more effective and rapid tissue healing (little downtime) and collagen production.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I was recommended "Accent Pixel" skin resurfacing too, but I have no idea how effective it is. I'm thought it was an RF treatment, similar to Thermage, so it's actually laser? Thermage doesn't tend to get glowing reviews. I'll be watching with interest! Cool

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, they said it is a laser.

I bought it with a groupon so normally it is $600 but I paid $99.

I am going to try and take pics this weekend and will also take pics after it is done.

We shall see!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Shelley01 wrote:
Pixel Skin Resurfacing is a fractional ablative laser treatment that targets fine lines, wrinkles, pores, and the overall skin texture. Thermal energy is delivered in pulses creating tiny micro-perforations in the epidermis. The procedure targets small areas of the skin, leaving surrounding tissue untouched and intact. These unaffected areas act as reservoir for more effective and rapid tissue healing (little downtime) and collagen production.

This sounds exactly like Fraxel...I was red and swollen for almost a week after each treatment, despite them saying there was NO downtime. Rolling Eyes But I have a tendency to swell, so YMMV.

Possible Outcomes:

Immediately post procedure:
- You will be slightly pink and maybe a little puffy right after treatment
- You could be very red and puffy after treatment

Next day:
- You look normal (usually not the norm)
- Redness has subsided, though you might see some slight puffiness under eyes
- You are very red and very swollen

Few days later:
- Your skin will turn slightly leathery and bronze (not that obvious) and slowly exfoliate (no noticeable peeling)

As far as going back to work...it really depends on whether or not you take any kind of sedative beforehand. But you do not really want to put makeup back on, even though they say you can. And the Fraxel required some smurf-blue stuff to be spread all over my face...it did not come off completely until after I had 2 full showers.

However, the price point is SOOO low that it has to be less intensive than Fraxel, so hopefully your downtime will be limited.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany!!! I am rescheduling for a time when I can just go straight home!! Better to not chance it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is a Fraxel. I would do a search and then a rescue before I schedule that, please!!!!!
I did a review on it here, as did several people from time to time. It really did more harm than good for my skin and I wish I had never done it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Annie. I did another search and found your posts. I have decided to hold off on the laser until after my friend tries it (she goes in 4/1Cool. I already paid so going to do it but most likely will wait until after summer.

Thanks for the posts!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't write off Pixel. Results for any of these procedures vary from poor to excellent depending on the experience of the person performing them. By the way acclaimed dermatologist Dr Baumann does recommend Pixel, I read an article about it the other day.

Questions to ask are: Do you trust your doctor? Did they just get the machine or do they have a lot of experience with it?

It seems that the majority of people who get poor results are the ones who go to the med spas where the technician isn't very experienced, and they use the wrong settings. I would definately trust getting fraxel or pixel laser but only if I went to a doctor's office to get it done, and only if the doctor is experienced. Also make sure to follow the doctor's instructions regarding moisturizing and sunscreen. It is very important to avoid the sun for a while before and after these procedures!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
It seems that the majority of people who get poor results are the ones who go to the med spas where the technician isn't very experienced, and they use the wrong settings. I would definately trust getting fraxel or pixel laser but only if I went to a doctor's office to get it done, and only if the doctor is experienced. Also make sure to follow the doctor's instructions regarding moisturizing and sunscreen. It is very important to avoid the sun for a while before and after these procedures!

I personally had 4 Fraxel treatments done by someone who specializes exclusively in lasers, and has participated in Fraxel studies. I still wouldn't recommend it as a good value for my money.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I do agree that results may vary. I do know a good friend who had fraxel and had excellent results. It really improved her self esteem along with her acne scars. I don't know why the results are sometimes so great and other times so poor. My guess is that everyone responds differently depending on many factors including the amount of sun damage you have had, the practitioner, the settings, and the before/aftercare. I have definately read many people who had poor results from fraxel too. So there is definately a risk involved. I think also sometimes people's expectations are too high. Doctor's are partly to blame because they market the technology as a way to rid wrinkles and firm skin. It is not a facelift but it can help with mild textural issues and mild acne scarring.

Did you notice any improvement at all? Did you notice a worsening of your skin after the treatment?

My other point is that there are different machines out there that use different technologies but everyone seems to group them under fraxel. There is fraxel eribium, Fraxel CO2, proFractional by Sciton, Palomar lux 1540 fractional, etc. So sometimes when discussing fraxel we are comparing apples with oranges because each machine works differently.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:18 am      Reply with quote
$4,000 spent on Fraxel on my hands. All I got was red, sore skin for a while and a much lighter wallet...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
$4,000 spent on Fraxel on my hands. All I got was red, sore skin for a while and a much lighter wallet...

Ditto, except on my face. (though my wallet impact was identical)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Are Pixel and Fraxel the same technology?

Tks, BF
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Are Pixel and Fraxel the same technology?

Tks, BF

It looks like they both have erbium and CO2 options.

http://www.premierplasticsurgery.com/laserprocedures/fraxelpixellaser.htm

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/11037935/FRACTIONAL-TECHNOLOGIES-COMPARISON-CHART

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for you input. I put off the pixel until August. I am in Texas and I am worried about doing this while the sun it so strong (plus I have a few beach trips planned).

I did go for a consultation today and the nurse seems very experiences. She said since I purchased it with a groupon it will be a lighter procedure where they do 2 quick, tight go rounds over the face. Not the procedure where they do several indepth hits on the face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Excellent idea. I am in Texas too and I don't do any IPL's or lasers of any type in the summer, just Sept. thru March. Easier to hard during the recovery!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking about having the fraxel done on a couple of scars. I have one chicken pox scar and a couple down by my chin. You can have it done just in those areas correct? Has anyone tried this on scars?

I'm also thinking of having IPL done as well.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Any updates on Pixel vs. other options? I have been too busy to dermaroll over the past several months, so I am thinking about one of these treatments.

Thank you, BFG
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I've had IPL - that worked great on discolouration, but she did give me a burn that I had to take to emergency (2nd degree) so it's not without hazard. My doc knew immediately what had happened, so this must not be uncommon. I've had 2 packages totaling almost $4000 of Fraxel - the mid level kind where they say you can put on makeup the next day. Well, each time I had a grid of tiny scabs for about 4 days, then a few days exfoliation. Who knows what my skin would have been like without it; but when anyone asks me, I now recommend derma rolling. The "uglies" last about the same time and I believe is is as efficatious (did a trial on one side only, and I could really see the results).
What really did work was a deep CO2 laser in conjunction with a facelift - after the scab came off it was baby smooth and poreless. This is not usually done these days as the fractional is being touted as new new thing but in my opinion the old way worked better. Fractional does not seem to improve skin sag etc on my face.
jade321
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
If you are still keen on getting it done, be prepared to have at least a few days of downtime, depending on the intensity of the treatmt. Going back to work the next day is NOT an option. Your face will be red, swollen & uncomfortable. I have seen varying results from my friends.....good results for acne scarring but ever so little difference for pigmentation, face lifting. Not to mention a possibility of scarring. Most wished that they had never done it.
jade321
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
On the topic of scars, have anyone tried using Medi-Scar. I couldn't find it in Canadian drugstores. Are there any recommendations of creams/lotions for tiny scars removal on the wrists/hands ?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |