Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Favorite Recipe for C+E+Ferulic Serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
also, does anyone know whether or not skinactives carries vitamin e? I can't seem to find it for some reason
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, can you please tell me what your favorite Vitamin E is to use? There are a few on lotioncrafter etc. What do you use?
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh, and does anyone have any updates on which of Kassy's C E Ferulic recipes they like the most/are currently using? There are so many! TIA if anyone answers. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Oh, and does anyone have any updates on which of Kassy's C E Ferulic recipes they like the most/are currently using? There are so many! TIA if anyone answers. Very Happy

Kassy is using a semi-DIY now but this is the favorite:

Kassy_A wrote:
Firefox7275 wrote:
Video tutorial of recipe which considers the science here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwnMxRL7J5w&feature=player_embedded

Yes Erica1981, you should definitely have a look at this video.. And yes, I certainly considered the "science", when I posted the original recipe here at EDS in Nov 2010, and a very similar version in 2009;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6395390#6395390

15% VITAMIN C SERUM WITH WGO + FA

- 15% LAA
- 1% Wheat Germ Oil (high vit E content!)
- .5% Ferulic Acid
- .5% Polysorbate 80
- .5% Preservative (Optiphen works nicely in acidic formulas!)
- .5% Vodka (you need to use this to dissolve the FA.)
- 82% Distilled Water

Don't miss the comment from "fawnie";

"I think it should be noted at the beginning of this tutorial that this is in fact Kassy_A's recipe from EDS. SHE worked out the details and made it available for the entire world to use. Her only mistake was not patenting it so that others wouldnt present it as their own idea."
myfawnieskin 2 months ago

And finally, It is the easiest and most beneficial C serum I've shared here, when formulated as written the pH works out to 2.7 for me, and it can easily be adjusted to suit individual needs. Anyway, this is the one I recommend and have used the last couple of years.

Please use 'fine l-ascorbic acid ultrafine powder' (not a vit C supplement). I highly recommend this one, as it never fails to fully dissolve very quickly, is always fresh + potent, and because it's a U.S. vendor, (I live in Florida), I get it very quickly.
http://www.lotioncrafter.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

**FYI; try to always use a DIY source close to your home, so your actives will actually be "active" when you get them.. If in doubt, always ask!**

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45945

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Thank you DM! What do you mean she's using a semi-diy now?

Shouldn't I use Vitamin E instead of the wheat germ oil? Or could I I mean? And what form of Vitamin E would work best? I'd love to know what form of Vitamin E Kassy used/uses! hmm
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I just realized there are no measurements or anything for that recipe. Do I put it into the calculator and use grams and a scale? I see Kassy use spoon measurements a lot also so I'm not sure. Embarassed
capricorn
5% products discount

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know, how long the "C E Ferulic" serum without preservatives (optiphen or the like) will remain effective?

I don't mind making a fresh batch regularly, as long as I know the serum hasn't oxidized.
szunaira

Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

I was reading about skincare routine somewhere and I came across your formula for C,E+Ferulic acid serum.

Can you or anyone please tell me where can I find all the mentioned ingridients?. I would really appreciate it.

P.S - I am located in Texas.
naturalwoman

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Best place that should have all your ingredients is Lotioncrafters. Speedy with delivery too!
szunaira

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks nature woman.

I was also reading in some posts that Kassy's has some other versions of her serum. I wanted to know which one of her serums is the most effective and most raved about?
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't posted here since 2010! Lost my info, got busy with life. Been through a LOT!

Anyway, I'm living on my own again and busted out my Vit C serum making ingredients. They look okay.

I have ferulic acid powder, sea kelp bioferment, c powder, hyaluronic acid powder.

Think they are still okay so I can get back to making this?!

Missed it here! Happy to see some of the same names!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back!

If they are more than three years old, I wouldn't chance it. If you don't want them to go to waste maybe you could make up a C serum and use it on your body. I made up a "recycled old" lotion with ascorbic acid and lactic acid that I was *sure* had expired and it still made my legs and stomach glow. Lol. (I know, I know. I'm cheap.)
HiveQueen

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I was new to micro needling and DIY skin care about 3 yrs ago and am finally getting back to it. I get easily confused if there are too many options. so thanks for this post!
HiveQueen

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
2 yrs ago I bought some things from Skin Actives and got an unmarked sample vial of reddish oil. I looked and I guess its EGF which they show in a make your own EGF cream kit.
Im using Kassys c serum with jojoba recipe ,but would it be ok to add this?
Pooch14

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I know this thread is pretty old now but I read that vitamin c recrystallises once it comes into contact with your skin. I cant link the page i saw it on as I'm a new member but it was called beautifulwithbrains dot com.Ive just made and started using kassys c e feulic recipe. Basic recipe with vodka SKB but I can't link again lol
I am now concerned it may not penetrate my skin very well. Thoughts anyone? Thank you

Are people still making their own c serums? Seems many of the threads are pretty old now.🤔
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I used to make my own Vit C + E serum using a Kassy formulation and I loved it. Most of the high end brands charge a small fortune for it. Much less expensive to make yourself, and fresher as well.

Only now I am lazy and purchase my Vit C serum from Skin Actives.

http://www.skinactives.com/Vitamin-C-Serum-Ascorbic-Acid-L.html

It is only $16.50 for either the 15% or 20% formulation.
krishten001

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the valuable information. It's very helpful.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |