Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Low-cost alternative to Easy Eye Tuck
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
When I placed an order from Skin Actives for phloretin, I also ordered their relatively new product, Bright-I Serum. I had used the Bright-I cream and liked it - so wanting to get the most bang for my shipping bucks, I decided I'd give the serum a try. The ingredients are:

Quote:
Sea kelp bioferment, Water, Sodium PCA, Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, Niacinamide, Alpha Bisabolol (natural), Coconut Endosperm, Natural Active Peptides, Sodium Hyaluronate, Guaizulene, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Caffeine, Grape Seed Proanthocyanidins, Pal-GQPR (Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide), Pomegranate extract, Carnosine, Carnitine, Tetrahydrocurcuminoids, Natto gum, Ferulic acid, Lycopene, Glutathione, Glutaredoxin, Superoxide dismutase, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben.

As you can see, SKB is the main ingredient and if you've ever used SKB, you know how it dries sort of like a mask. I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me that SKB would make a good base for a DIY easy eye tuck product but it makes perfect sense if you think about it. So, I've used the Bright-I serum and really, really like it. In my opinion, it works just like the Tuck and costs only $17.50 for the same amount.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Will it work with moisturizer and makeup?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
That's a good question, Toby, because I don't put moisturizer or foundation under my eyes. If you don't mind waiting, I'll experiment this weekend.

ETA: I do use an eye cream under the Tuck but haven't done so with the Bright-I serum. I'll try it tomorrow.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I used the B-I serum this morning with 100% Pure eye cream and it worked just as well as, if not better than, the Tuck. I do like it with the eye cream better than alone because the cream takes away the shine.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Bright I cream is a product that many people like and I tried it but it didn't do anything at all for me. I honestly had a drawer full of products that others had success with but maybe my eye bags are part fat pads and resistant to the depuffing. That is why my continued love for the Easy eye solutions has been so long standing because nothing else worked for me. This serum must be something they have added recently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I’m glad you found a product that works for you, Toby. I’ve gone through a lot of products too, looking for a long-term solution for my bags and dark circles. The Tuck works great for me but only temporarily. As soon as I remove it, my eyes return to normal. I’m sure the same will be true of the B-I serum. I’m not expecting any miracles or long-term results. However, I’m happy to have found the cheaper alternative since it has the same temporary effect as the Tuck. I know a number of people haven’t been able to afford the Tuck, so I wanted to let them know about this cheaper alternative.

I’m actually now thinking about trying a DIY version using SKB and am looking at some ingredients on lotioncrafter such as regu-age
eyeseryl, and leuphasy. I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried any or all of these ingredients.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie,
I looked at the Skinactives web site and I couldn't find the I Bright serum -- only the cream. Am I looking in the wrong place and are the serum and cream two separate products??

Thanks so much!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
kims,

See if this link will take you to the serum:

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=193

The serum has similar ingredients to the cream but is in a different base.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Skippie,
I looked at the Skinactives web site and I couldn't find the I Bright serum -- only the cream. Am I looking in the wrong place and are the serum and cream two separate products??

Thanks so much!

Not Skippie,
Here is a direct link to the serum, the cream and serum are 2 different products. Smile

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=193

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie: Thanks so much for letting us know about this product! I have been using the eye tuck for about 3 months. It does help somewhat but I am excited to try another product that works just as well and cost far less. Who knows it might even work better for me!
Winter_Solstice_X
5% products discount

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have to ask, is this an instant eye tuck product? I read the product information and it only mentions that it is an eye cream and serum. Nothing about firming the under eye tissue in minutes. The ingredients are so different than the eye tuck. They seem very general and ingredients that you might find in many creams. The eye tuck ingredients seem more specific to under eye issues. Probably that is why the eye tuck works so well.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your help, Skippie and DarkMoon! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Thanks for your help, Skippie and DarkMoon! Smile

Glad it helped kims. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Winter_Solstice_X wrote:
I have to ask, is this an instant eye tuck product? I read the product information and it only mentions that it is an eye cream and serum. Nothing about firming the under eye tissue in minutes. The ingredients are so different than the eye tuck. They seem very general and ingredients that you might find in many creams. The eye tuck ingredients seem more specific to under eye issues. Probably that is why the eye tuck works so well.

Winter_Solstice,

Skin Actives doesn't make the claim that it works as an eye tuck. I'm the one saying that it works the same as the eye tuck for me. It does firm my undereye area the same way the Tuck does. I'm sure it's the SKB in it that does the firming. If I have a chance, I'll take a comparison picture.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Here are some pictures I took this morning. The first is before using either product. In the second, I used the Tuck on my left eye and the B-I serum on my right. The last picture is with makeup about an hour after I applied the products. I don't see much of a difference in the two products myself. I sure don't get the results and never have that others have with the Tuck.

Winter_Solstice_X
5% products discount

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Skippy. One day I would like to know how to download pictures on this forum.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Winter_Solstice_X wrote:
Thank you Skippy. One day I would like to know how to download pictures on this forum.

1) register on a site like: www.photobucket.com

2) Once you have registered you can upload your photographs/pictures. There is an upload box, next to it is a "Browse" button which brings up a window were you choose 1 pictures to upload from your computer to your album on thewww.photobucket.com site. After you have selected your picture, you hit the "Upload" button and now it's officially on your onsite album.

3) Now you can view your pictures on the photobucket site. Underneath each picture you a can see your pictures "URL Link," "IMG Code" etc.

You want the IMG Code (Image Code). Once you click on the IMG code of the picture you want, you will have automatically copied the image (kind of like pressing Ctr+C "copy" on your keybord). If it doesn't copy it automatically just right click on your mouse and select "copy."

So the last thing you need to do is, while you are writing your post, select were you want to place the image and just right click and "paste" which will paste the IMG Code (a long line of letters). If you preview your message, instead of the IMG Code you will see the actual picture you uploaded.

Sean wrote this to help someone

5% products discount

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Toby. It seems a bit complicated but I am sure I can figure it out. I think adding pictures to a post is a real plus.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I agree, they look equally as good! Great discovery, thanks.
Any problem with the new one flaking like the eye tuck can do?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie,
Thanks for posting your pictures. I think you look great and your skin is amazing!! No under eye wrinkles-- Wow!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie - Thanks for posting the pictures - sure is worth a 1000 words.
You have a very nice result with both products. Your eye area looks moist and dewy and firmer...And no wrinkles.

It doesn't look like you have a lot of *baggage* to start with so for those who don't need the "Tuck" ingredients, the SKB appears to do the trick. What a great find.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
I agree, they look equally as good! Great discovery, thanks.
Any problem with the new one flaking like the eye tuck can do?

The two products work just alike for me, buffy. They both have a tendency to flake unless I use a cream under them. That seems to stop the flaking.

Thanks for your kind words, kims and Sis. My skin looks pretty horrible right now, because I'm trying out Osmosis Catalyst and the first time I used it, I mixed it with Osmosis Renew serum which I had never used. I had a really bad reaction to it - my skin actually blistered in places, especially on my forehead. My face is crusty in places right now and you probably see some of the redness in the pictures.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Dear - It's not right we go through all that looking bad just to look good Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if you find the skin under your eyes firming up over time with the kelp based stuff. Have you been using it long enough to tell? I have heard that the eye tuck can have a cumulative effect, and I was wondering if the Bright eye seems to? How long have you been using it? Sounds like a cool find, anything that works and is less than twenty bucks is gold
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:21 am      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
I was wondering if you find the skin under your eyes firming up over time with the kelp based stuff. Have you been using it long enough to tell? I have heard that the eye tuck can have a cumulative effect, and I was wondering if the Bright eye seems to? How long have you been using it? Sounds like a cool find, anything that works and is less than twenty bucks is gold

Hi alexes. I haven't used it long enough to tell. I've only used it this past week. I'll update if I see any long-term effects, but I'm going to be pretty pessimistic and say I doubt if I will.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |