Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Best Base for Mineral makeup powder.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Heya all,,,,,
I have a wedding coming in my family in a few days and i m pretty excited about it,,,the only thing is that recently i have switched to Jane iredale mineral makeup ,amazing base powder,which is a foundation in powder loose form.I dont know which primer/oil/moisturizer etc will make the best base for applying before the mineral makeup...my skin is on a dry side and i tried the mineral owder only with my MAC prmer but still the powder looks very chalky and dry and powdery...I was wondering if anyone can help me finding a product that can be used as a base for applying this min powder,,,that can give a smooth creamy look instead of dry patchy and fake...:)Thanks girlsssssssss Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
NOOOOOOO everyone u cant do this to me....i know u girls know the answer......Plzzzzzzzzzzz answer my question...help me SadSadSad
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I just know you will get a dozen or more answers, there are so many primers avaliable. Smile
Some I have used that I like with my MMU
Bare Escentuals
Mirenesse
Senna
24 7 (drug store brand)
Pur Minerals (at EDS)
If I think of any others I will post later. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Since most are just silicon some do just buy and use Monistat Anti-Chafing gel, not the yeast infection cream, it's for preventing chafing between the skin and clothes. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Heya all,,,,,
I have a wedding coming in my family in a few days and i m pretty excited about it,,,the only thing is that recently i have switched to Jane iredale mineral makeup ,amazing base powder,which is a foundation in powder loose form.I dont know which primer/oil/moisturizer etc will make the best base for applying before the mineral makeup...my skin is on a dry side and i tried the mineral owder only with my MAC prmer but still the powder looks very chalky and dry and powdery...I was wondering if anyone can help me finding a product that can be used as a base for applying this min powder,,,that can give a smooth creamy look instead of dry patchy and fake...:)Thanks girlsssssssss Smile

Maheen,

This doesn't help you right now, but before you repurchase your JI down the road, you might want to try the Smashbox Halo mineral makeup...it is more moisturizing, and does not require a primer. I use it around my eyes instead of my other mineral makeup because it does not not look chalky, nor does it settle into fine lines, etc.

http://www.smashbox.com/HALO-HYDRATING-PERFECTING-POWDER

FYI...I do not use it on my tzone because I can then look a bit oily. The colors also run a bit dark, so you would go a shade lighter.

Also, using it in limited areas also helps it to last longer since it's not cheap. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen,

You know, I used JI Amazing Base for quite a while-- I have to say, for myself, I don't know if I ever got the application quite right for my taste. However, perhaps you could try mixing some of the powder with your favorite moisturizer, in effect making a tinted moisturizer/ foundation?

Hope this helps!

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
gimidalight
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I use mineral makeup and I just pile on the moisturiser before applying it. I tried mixing it with moisturiser to make a tinted moisturiser, but its harder than you think! I made a right mess of it, went all streaky and patchy.
anthonyhopkins

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Always start your make up by cleansing and moisturizing your face. Make sure to apply moisturize your face and let your moisturizer soak in. Your skin should feel soft and supple. If your skin is not moisturized at all, the minerals may appear flaky.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Since most are just silicon some do just buy and use Monistat Anti-Chafing gel, not the yeast infection cream, it's for preventing chafing between the skin and clothes. Smile

This is an excellent recommendation. I've read lots of great reviews about using this as a primer.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

This is an excellent recommendation. I've read lots of great reviews about using this as a primer.

I read it as well and finally tried it and it feels just like the expensive primers I have purchased and worked very well! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
oh thank u soooooooooooooo much all of you...u gilrs are a big help to me...will try each and everything u girls have mentioned and will see which one makes the mineral makeup look better on me....

Plzzzzz do post me again if u have any other suggestions SmileSmileSmile
God bless you all !!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
oh thank u soooooooooooooo much all of you...u gilrs are a big help to me...will try each and everything u girls have mentioned and will see which one makes the mineral makeup look better on me....

Plzzzzz do post me again if u have any other suggestions SmileSmileSmile
God bless you all !!!

The best suggestions I have after years of using MMU are to let your moisturizer absorb fully and the primer set before applying your make up. Use as little MMU as possible and gradually layer until you reach the coverage you like. Applying too much at first is what can cause that cakey look.
HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dark Moon SmileSmileSmile
huuuuuggggggssssssss
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Thanks Dark Moon SmileSmileSmile
huuuuuggggggssssssss

You are welcome. Smile Have fun and I am sure you will look lovely for the wedding! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just use Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer and let it absorb for 5 or 10 minutes before applying other makeup. But it's for acne-prone skin.

I would not use any oil under my mineral foundations though.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
hehehe thanks Dark moon Smile
Thanks too invloved Smile yeah i also kind of feel weird about using oil under makeup,,,but read it some where....may be i should let the mistruzier sink in first and then apply mineral makeup Smile
Thanks Smile
kendraallen

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:00 am      Reply with quote
thank you for sharing!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |