Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What's the shape of my face with these dimensions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure what shape I would be. I don't have a strong jaw or cheekbones and my face's width is greater than the length so I know it isn't long, even though it is very narrow and thin, which can sometimes seem long.

So the widest point of my forehead measured 5.5.
And my cheekbones measured 9.5, while my jaw measured 7.5.

I get that I have a narrow forehead and jaw and wider cheekbones, but I am definitely not diamond shaped. Triangular maybe? but I think that means that your jaw is the widest point.

any guesses?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest either posting a pic and asking for comments, OR you can trace your facial outline on a mirror with lipstick or crayon and see what shape it is (you can also post a pic of the outline if you don't want to post your face).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
sweetsweettart wrote:
Triangular maybe? but I think that means that your jaw is the widest point.

Reverse that...it tapers down to a pointy chin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:14 am      Reply with quote
the reverse would be a heart and my forehead is not wide. my chin isn't pointy, I think it's kind of rounded.

I will try to post a pic

with my hair all slicked back...

brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
To me it looks like you have a heart shaped face because the upper third of your face is broader than the rest of your face.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think you are more oval...a very desirable and flexible shape! Pretty brows and lips too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with oval which is a lovely face shape to have. Smile

Hope this helps,

Dee
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
i don't know how it looks oval since the measurements do not qualify it to be oval at all. Oval is actually like round (where the forehead, cheeks, and jaw are equal width) only slightly longer than wide.

Mine is wider than the length and my forehead,cheeks,and jaw are all quite different widths. Maybe it has something to do with just being thin, maybe if my face filled out a little it would make more sense.

But if it "looks" oval, then I guess that's all that counts. lol.

thanks....i never like my lips, but I have been just letting my brows completely grow in. It's so much easier not to have to tweeze.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it is oval, in my opinion. I was thinking heart shaped or oblong.

At any rate, maybe this will help you out sweetsweettart.

http://www.oldcrappytee.com/OCT_mag_article.php?article=53%26issue=22
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
well I have read all the "rules" and examples, that's why I actually measured my face.

My forehead isn't the widest so I am not the traditional heart shape, since my jaw is wider than my forehead.

As I understood from various sites, oblong and rectangle are the same, oblong rounded and rectangular is angular of course. The forehead,cheeks and jaws of rectangles and oblongs are equal, like ovals. They are just a little longer in overall length.

Oval would be like if your face width was 5 and the length was 7.5. Anything longer would be considered oval. But none of that applies to me since my face, regardless of how it looks, actually measures shorter than wide.

Well anyway, everyone I know think it looks oval too, even though none of the measurements are true to oval, or any shape for that matter. It must be because my face is so narrow. It's creating some kind of optical illusion.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
All that really matters is that your face looks great, AND it looks like you have great skin...how can you beat that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
All that really matters is that your face looks great, AND it looks like you have great skin...how can you beat that?

DITTO! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
bethany wrote:

DITTO! Smile

Yep, I'll 3rd that! Very Happy
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
you all are too nice! take note that I am only in my 20s tho, lol.

well I guess I'll conclude that I my face appears to be an oval, and so that is what counts.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
You might not fit the "traditional" definitions of any shape. There are lots of in-betweeners. Every single human being can't be boxed into only 5 or 6 categories. That said, I'd say you're closest to an elongated heart shape.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |