Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What tone of foundation should I buy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I normally wear the Bamboo shade of tinted moisturizer from Becca. Because it's so sheer (and yellow based) I thought it'd be fine (even though it's getting sunnier out and I might be a bit darker). But I looked in the mirror today and it looks too pink or gray on me or something.

Most brands seem to show up like that on me. And MAC is too *orange*. The next Becca shade darker is a neutral, which would look even worse on me, right?

Any brand or shade recs for yellow/olive toned skin? I could probably rustle up a photo if needed.

Thanks!
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:18 am      Reply with quote
This is a really cheap idea, but maybe it would be less painful(money-wise) if it did not work. I have hard to match skin and so finally went and tried the colour match products from l'oreal. I did find one that works, mainly because they offer several shades in each of the cool, neutral or warm categories. I have also heard good things about the Almay foundation that starts off white, then adjusts to your own skin colour. It has a light coverage, but reflects light particles and almost everyone is supposed to be able to wear it. I have not tried it myself, though, so this is just hearsay.
Don't know if this helps at all. Both are about twelve to fifteen dollars in Canada, so I guess they would be eight or so in the US?
Good luck.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:23 am      Reply with quote
normally i thought funsation just has pink and berige base. if they both not fine ,what about try the BB cream.
dilemmas
5% products discount

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Maybe BB cream is a good choice..
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
You could try Everyday Minerals. It offers a wide selection of color choices divided up in to categories; ie, warm, golden, buff, olive, neutral, etc.

Nars seems to describe its foundation colors pretty well.

Laura Mercier & Bobbi Brown also.

I'm a big Revlon Colorstay fan. You could check that color range out, a lot of the colors are fairly neutral.
The new Revlon Photoready shades look good; I found mine the first try.
Julia Bartlet
5% products discount

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Try a purple tinted foundation - the purple and yellow will cancel each other out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hey T how are you? wave Long time no see <hugs>

I have that problem, too (foundations looking too pink or grey or just plain chalky) and so far the best I've tried is the Nobara Cream Cover Stick from Shu Uemura. The best finish on my skin. I hardly ever wear foundation now, but when I do (to cover up stupid pores LOL) I reach out for this most often. You can wear it thick or sheer, and it feels very comfortable.

Maybe you could try the 754 or 734 or 954 (the 9xxs are yellower than the 7xxs) HTH some!

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Heh pumpingmummy! How ya been? Good to hear from you. Smile

Good rec on Shu. I'll have to look into his line. I love his e/s colors...they're so pretty!
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
how about

Pür Minerals Colour Correcting Foundation Primer in Green ? THis is a new brand here.but i think it;s nice
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I can never find a foundation that perfectly matches my skin so I mix my bb cream and foundation together. It might sound like such a hassle but it isnt!
Even though I dont have a specific ratio of the mixture, if its summer then I mix in the more darker liquid cos I'll be wearing tops that show off more of my neck line (my neck is darker and yellower than my face).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:43 am      Reply with quote
My neck is darker and yellower too.

What's the BB cream, again?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there! I'm using Dr Jart's silver label. It is rather pale and is more suited for me during winter, but I mix that with Maybelline's angelfit foundation, to make the liquid warmer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Do you need much coverage? I'm using Dr Hauschka's Translucent Makeup 00 and it brightens up my skin and doesn't add any noticeable color. It doubles up as a moisturizer too! Am really loving it though it's rather pricey for a mere 30 ml.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Yeah I need a fair amount of coverage, but I could possibly do that with concealer. I'll check out both recs! Thanks, guys!
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Poo! Angelfit isn't sold in the US!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |