Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Not sure if everyone gets Nanci's newsletters (NCN Skincare) but I got one today and Nanci has come out with her own copper peptide product. Hers is the first gen CP and includes EGF. Just in case anyone is interested.

I just placed an order from NCN (already received)last week and I saw that too Riley. I did not purchase the CP yet as I still have some GHK to use up!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I find it interesting over on the Skin Biology forum that Dr Pickart, within the last few days, posted 2 topics....one addressing mixing CP's with EGF and the other addressing these "companies" selling "CP Activator" products. He doesn't sound like a big fan of either.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4570023352/m/7661080436

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4570023352/m/5361080436

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I find it interesting over on the Skin Biology forum that Dr Pickart, within the last few days, posted 2 topics....one addressing mixing CP's with EGF and the other addressing these "companies" selling "CP Activator" products. He doesn't sound like a big fan of either.

It is interesting, Bren. Thanks for posting the links!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

Thanks bren,

Do you know if he means NCN's CP Accelerator, or are these different "Activators"? The NCN one is the only one I have seen mentioned and used by some here on EDS?

TIA Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure whom exactly he is referring to but I can't help but feel it is directed at NCN and she did stop offering his products recently. Perhaps there was a falling out of some sort between them but that would only be speculation on my part.

I just find it ironic that NCN stops selling Skin Bio products, NCN comes out with their own CP w/EFG and Dr Pickart posts those 2 threads over on the Skin Bio forum. I personally have never come across any other form of CP Activator/Accelerator from other websites.

I could always post a reply over on the Skin Bio forum and ask him directly if he is referring to NCN, but not sure Dr Pickart would finger point directly at NCN even if it was exactly who he was talking about.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I'm not sure whom exactly he is referring to but I can't help but feel it is directed at NCN and she did stop offering his products recently. Perhaps there was a falling out of some sort between them but that would only be speculation on my part.

I just find it ironic that NCN stops selling Skin Bio products, NCN comes out with their own CP w/EFG and Dr Pickart posts those 2 threads over on the Skin Bio forum. I personally have never come across any other form of CP Activator/Accelerator from other websites.

I could always post a reply over on the Skin Bio forum and ask him directly if he is referring to NCN, but not sure Dr Pickart would finger point directly at NCN even if it was exactly who he was talking about.

I do agree with the irony of the events and time frame.
I would let sleeping dogs lie, when it comes to "their" products I think most sellers/formulators naturally become protective and at times defensive. Not the best scenario for obtaining facts! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh for sure DM, I agree! I wouldn't want to wake the dog...I may be a pistol sometimes, but I do have a bit of common sense to know when not to stick my nose in certain business Wink Laughing

I've pointed out those 2 threads over at SB and I will leave it at that Cool

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Oh for sure DM, I agree! I wouldn't want to wake the dog...I may be a pistol sometimes, but I do have a bit of common sense to know when not to stick my nose in certain business Wink Laughing

I've pointed out those 2 threads over at SB and I will leave it at that Cool

Smart move for sure bren! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Is Dr. Pickart referring to CP Accelerator when he says CP activator? Or is he referring to her new product which contains GHK cu and EGF? It seems he objects to mixing other peptides with CPs because some of them act like TGF beta 1, a scar forming protein. I'm kind of glad I never really used my CP Acc, if what he says is true.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Is Dr. Pickart referring to CP Accelerator when he says CP activator? It seems he objects to mixing other peptides with CPs because some of them act like TGF beta 1, a scar forming protein. I think the name of the product is what confuses people. You would think there were CPs in it or it is required to make your CPs work better. It's kind of misleading IMO.

That is what I asked and we really do not know, but NCN is not selling SkinBio products on the site any longer. Then the post about accelerators, The NCN one is the only one I have seen mentioned, but have not looked for any others.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
NCN CP Accelerator ingredients....

Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Coconut Oil, 15% Matrixyl 3000, 5% DMAE Bitartrate, Oat Beta Glucan, Pearl Powder, Emulsifying Wax NF, Palm Stearic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Jojoba Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9, Matrixyl Synthe'6, Phenoxyethanol, MSM, Xanthan Gum, Organic Black Willowbark Extract, Mannan, Neem Oil, Rosemary, Carrot Seed Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

Maybe the Matrixyl 3000 he objects to if it is this product he is referring to.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:33 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Is Dr. Pickart referring to CP Accelerator when he says CP activator? Or is he referring to her new product which contains GHK cu and EGF? It seems he objects to mixing other peptides with CPs because some of them act like TGF beta 1, a scar forming protein. I'm kind of glad I never really used my CP Acc, if what he says is true.

He mentions them in two seperate posts, one post is about mixing CP and EFG together and the other is about "CP Activator"....I am assuming, in this case, he is talking about 2 seperate products. And I am one of those that was also confused/mislead about NCN's CP Accelerator. From the name, it seems that it's a product formulated to make CP's work faster as you stated...I have since learned that is not the case. CP's are confusing/intimidating enough on their own! Laughing

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:48 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
NCN CP Accelerator ingredients....

Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Coconut Oil, 15% Matrixyl 3000, 5% DMAE Bitartrate, Oat Beta Glucan, Pearl Powder, Emulsifying Wax NF, Palm Stearic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Jojoba Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9, Matrixyl Synthe'6, Phenoxyethanol, MSM, Xanthan Gum, Organic Black Willowbark Extract, Mannan, Neem Oil, Rosemary, Carrot Seed Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

Maybe the Matrixyl 3000 he objects to if it is this product he is referring to.

Bingo DM! Apparently it is the Matrixyl that is the TGF Beta 1 culprit.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
And I am one of those that was also confused/mislead about NCN's CP Accelerator. From the name, it seems that it's a product formulated to make CP's work faster as you stated...I have since learned that is not the case.

It is a confusing name, but it is a stand alone product.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:25 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bren21 wrote:
And I am one of those that was also confused/mislead about NCN's CP Accelerator. From the name, it seems that it's a product formulated to make CP's work faster as you stated...I have since learned that is not the case.

That is what I am wondering, if a reasonable wait time between CP application and the CP accelerator eg. am pm use negates any issues?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:28 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

That is what I am wondering, if a reasonable wait time between CP application and the CP accelerator eg. am pm use negates any issues?

Not as far as I know, DM. NCN has been selling that product for years. I believe it was one of her first products. However, Dr. Pickart has a different view on some of the ingredients in it, but I don't think there is anything that would negate the CP's. NCN has said that her products can all be used with the CP's without problems.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:31 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Not as far as I know, DM. NCN has been selling that product for years. I believe it was one of her first products. However, Dr. Pickart has a different view on some of the ingredients in it, but I don't think there is anything that would negate the CP's. NCN has said that her products can all be used with the CP's without problems.

I was just saying that using the cp's and the accelerator not right at the same time may negate any issues with the interaction between the two for those concerned?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:33 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I was just saying that using the cp's and the accelerator not right at the same time may negate any issues with the interaction between the two for those concerned?

LOL. Oops. Sorry, not good to post until the eyes are working better! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:43 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

LOL. Oops. Sorry, not good to post until the eyes are working better! Laughing

No problem Riley.....also guilty as charged on my end often enough! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:55 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bren21 wrote:

I have since learned, Riley, that it is a stand alone product which tells me the name is very misleading. It would be natural to believe that this product (due to the mere name of it), when used in conjunction with CP's, makes the CP's work better. If Matrixyl indeed induces this TGF Beta 1 reaction, it sure as hell shouldn't be used anywhere near CP's. Until I can come to a further conclusion, Matrixyl will be no where near my skin care routine. My sisters DYI serum that I have LOVED since day one contains it...I have stopped using it for now.

DM: I would also be interested to find out if an ample wait time between the 2 products in question would negate the reaction.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:59 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
the name is very misleading. It would be natural to believe that this product (due to the mere name of it), when used in conjunction with CP's, makes the CP's work better. If Matrixyl indeed induces this TGF Beta 1 reaction, it sure as hell shouldn't be used anywhere near CP's. Until I can come to a further conclusion, Matrixyl will be no where near my skin care routine.

Agree that the name is misleading.

Speaking of TGF Beta 1 reaction, doesn't Dr. Pickart say something like this about Retin A, also, or am I thinking about something else? Would you know anything about that, Bren?

I, unfortunately or maybe fortunately (!) have never had any luck with Matrixyl products, so I haven't used them in years!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:01 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bren21 wrote:

I have since learned, Riley, that it is a stand alone product which tells me the name is very misleading. It would be natural to believe that this product (due to the mere name of it), when used in conjunction with CP's, makes the CP's work better. If Matrixyl indeed induces this TGF Beta 1 reaction, it sure as hell shouldn't be used anywhere near CP's. Until I can come to a further conclusion, Matrixyl will be no where near my skin care routine. My sisters DYI serum that I have LOVED since day one contains it...I have stopped using it for now.

DM: I would also be interested to find out if an ample wait time between the 2 products in question would negate the reaction.

bren I know Sister sweets uses it and loves it, I think a few others do as well, I would like to find out about the time issue as well.

I agree about the name, I had thought the same about it being used to help when used with CP's directly!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:14 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bren21 wrote:
the name is very misleading. It would be natural to believe that this product (due to the mere name of it), when used in conjunction with CP's, makes the CP's work better. If Matrixyl indeed induces this TGF Beta 1 reaction, it sure as hell shouldn't be used anywhere near CP's. Until I can come to a further conclusion, Matrixyl will be no where near my skin care routine.

Speaking of TGF Beta 1 reaction, doesn't Dr. Pickart say something like this about Retin A, also, or am I thinking about something else? Would you know anything about that, Bren?

I, unfortunately or maybe fortunately (!) have never had any luck with Matrixyl products, so I haven't used them in years!

Under the thread DrP started under the CP Activator, there is mention of the TGF beta and retin-a connection. But Skin Bio touts that retin-a and CP's work well with each other. You would think if this weren't the case, something else would be mentioned otherwise. It definitely deserves more investigation!

DM, I really think the name of that product should be changed as not to mislead consumers. I know there are many that really like the product and there are those that state it's a bit too heavy. It sounds like it would be something that would work for myself due to my dry skin. Too bad really as I won't be using Matrixyl for a while and I, for one, have always been a big fan of it.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:32 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Under the thread DrP started under the CP Activator, there is mention of the TGF beta and retin-a connection. But Skin Bio touts that retin-a and CP's work well with each other. You would think if this weren't the case, something else would be mentioned otherwise. It definitely deserves more investigation!

DM, I really think the name of that product should be changed as not to mislead consumers. I know there are many that really like the product and there are those that state it's a bit too heavy. It sounds like it would be something that would work for myself due to my dry skin. Too bad really as I won't be using Matrixyl for a while and I, for one, have always been a big fan of it.

I agree about the name bren, it seems it was a bad choice to begin with!

I also like matrixyl, and just purchased my pumpkin peel my sample of course....CP accelerator! Shock
I will say it feels great on my skin, I only just used it for the first time last night. Guess not now..... Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
packratmack wrote:
Is Dr. Pickart referring to CP Accelerator when he says CP activator? Or is he referring to her new product which contains GHK cu and EGF?

He mentions them in two separate posts, one post is about mixing CP and EFG together and the other is about "CP Activator"....I am assuming, in this case, he is talking about 2 separate products.

NCN isn't the only company to make products containing both GHK-Cu and EGF:

http://www.humexlab.com/egf-advanced-copper-repair-cream.html

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/beauty-express/product-detailbodQqsXywecx/China-EGF-GHK-Cu-Mask-BE006-.html

Another opinion on combining GHK-Cu and EGF:

http://skinactives.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2143355

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |