Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
AlcoholicArtist
5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Thank you walinja, you've been very helpful!
It's the weakest one that I have the GHK one, I'm only going to use it twice a week over emu oil but hopefully it will help Smile
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
this is probably a super dumb question but I am starting to build a tan for a trip in a few weeks and for the summer generally (I hate not to have color in the summer..I know! the horrors!). So I don't want to fade it after working on it with the lacsal/ lactic power 10 I use in the A.M opposite my Skin signals cream in the evening...
Would it be ok or even relevant to continue to just use the skin signals cream or serum (I have both) on it's own at night throughout the next few months or is that pretty pointless??
I figure since Skin Biology makes tanning lotions there must be a legitimate answer Smile Also I am still not quite clear on if their Copper Sun tanning lotion helps you tan better and healthier or simply blocks a tan? I have a bunch but I don't know if I should use?
Hoping someone can help - thanks! Smile

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
this is probably a super dumb question but I am starting to build a tan for a trip in a few weeks and for the summer generally (I hate not to have color in the summer..I know! the horrors!). So I don't want to fade it after working on it with the lacsal/ lactic power 10 I use in the A.M opposite my Skin signals cream in the evening...
Would it be ok or even relevant to continue to just use the skin signals cream or serum (I have both) on it's own at night throughout the next few months or is that pretty pointless??
I figure since Skin Biology makes tanning lotions there must be a legitimate answer Smile Also I am still not quite clear on if their Copper Sun tanning lotion helps you tan better and healthier or simply blocks a tan? I have a bunch but I don't know if I should use?

The Copper Sun doesn't have enough titanium dioxide in it to 'block' a tan. It's meant more for a healthier skin - with the CPs in it, they act as an antioxidant and help reverse sun damage. The amount of TiO2 is pretty small. I always top the Copper Sun with a stronger SS if I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time. It's pretty nice for short exposure times by itself,though. And I usually put the Body Lotion on at the end of the day for a little more help - esp if I did get a little pink color. Doing that always settles the pink down by morning.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pollyanna,

I understand your situation. I don't tan anymore - but I use spray on tanning products - mostly on my face and I still use the lacsal 10 too. Even though it exfoliates, my fake tan will last a good 3 days - all while using lacsal every night.

Ok, this is in my opinion - but I can't see the harm in only using CP's without the exfoliating lacsal for a few months if you fear that it will remove your tan that much.

I think the worst case scenario is you won't get all the benefits that the two together will bring.....

From what I understand, skin remodeling requires 2 things - the CP's and some type of exfoliation to remove older dead cells. But it's the CP's that do all the heavy lifting for skin health.

My understanding about the CP tanning lotion is that it contains ingredients like CP and antioxidants to protect the skin while obtaining a little color. Dr. Pickard is a fan of a small amount (10-15 minutes) of sun for skin health.

I think CP's also protect your skin too. That's why I always try to CP's during the daytime and use the lacsal at night.

So, if I were you, I'd stop the lacsal for a few months and use the Skin Signals cream in the morning.

Hope this helps a bit.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Pollyanna wrote:

The Copper Sun doesn't have enough titanium dioxide in it to 'block' a tan. It's meant more for a healthier skin - with the CPs in it, they act as an antioxidant and help reverse sun damage. The amount of TiO2 is pretty small. I always top the Copper Sun with a stronger SS if I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time. It's pretty nice for short exposure times by itself,though. And I usually put the Body Lotion on at the end of the day for a little more help - esp if I did get a little pink color. Doing that always settles the pink down by morning.

thanks foxe - thats helpful to know Smile
what do you think about my question regarding the lactic power 10 though? Is it best to leave it out during the summer months? won't it constantly fade my tan on my face if I use it the 4 mornings a week I am now at the opposite time of day to my skin signals cream?

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
walinja wrote:
Hi Pollyanna,

I understand your situation. I don't tan anymore - but I use spray on tanning products - mostly on my face and I still use the lacsal 10 too. Even though it exfoliates, my fake tan will last a good 3 days - all while using lacsal every night.

Ok, this is in my opinion - but I can't see the harm in only using CP's without the exfoliating lacsal for a few months if you fear that it will remove your tan that much.

I think the worst case scenario is you won't get all the benefits that the two together will bring.....

From what I understand, skin remodeling requires 2 things - the CP's and some type of exfoliation to remove older dead cells. But it's the CP's that do all the heavy lifting for skin health.

My understanding about the CP tanning lotion is that it contains ingredients like CP and antioxidants to protect the skin while obtaining a little color. Dr. Pickard is a fan of a small amount (10-15 minutes) of sun for skin health.

I think CP's also protect your skin too. That's why I always try to CP's during the daytime and use the lacsal at night.

So, if I were you, I'd stop the lacsal for a few months and use the Skin Signals cream in the morning.

Hope this helps a bit.

oh thanks walinja! I didn't see this post before I just reposted. That makes good sense- I think I'll do that. I know its best to exfoliate to get an even tan but it just seems like regularly doing it would defeat the purpose. I was still gonna use my ACV(apple cider vinegar)toner and vitamin C serum alternately in the AM.I wonder if they would rub off the tan too?? Neutral

demi001
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I am very new to copper peptides and need your advice! I got the 'Super CP Serum' and 'LacSal serum' but I'm not sure as how to use them. In the skinbiology website it states the following:

1) AM: After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of Super CP Serum (which contains an effective concentration of copper peptides). The application should be so light that it just barely covers the area without leaving it excessively wet or damp. Massage into the skin for 5-10 seconds. Be careful with using around the eye area, or if you have sensitive skin.

2) PM: After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of LacSal Serum or Exfol Serum (hydroxy acid chemical exfoliators that encourage skin cell turnover).

3) Finish by applying a light amount of Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher (a biological oil) or use Two Timing Tightener (a DMAE tightening serum) for better results.

However, if I use the CP serum in the morning, can I use moisturizer and sunscreen on top? And should the moisturizer be necessarily emu oil? (I'm asking because I have oily skin and I'm afraid emu oil may worsen it). Finally, is it all right if I use the CP serum at night and the LacSal in the morning? Any help with these questions as well as any general advice regarding CP's would be greatly appreciated!!!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I personally use my CP's at night (which is Skin Signals and spot treating with TriRed) and use my LacSal in the AM. I found it to be a much easier regime as I also use retin-a at night and I can use that along with the CP's. Also, there seems to be a conflict with CP's and certain sunscreen ingredients...the PM CP use also means you don't have to worry about that either.

If you're new to CP's, Super CP serum is a stronger CP to be starting with, so I would take it slow....and I would definitely not use Emu over top out of the gate as that intensifies the action of the CP's. When I first used CP's, I started with the regular CP serum. I'm sure if you take it slow though and dilute your CP with a few drops of water (slowly weaning off the water), you should be ok.

If you use a C serum in the AM, my morning routine is: Wash, C serum followed by a 20/30 minute wait, LacSal followed by a 20/30 minute wait, then the rest of my stuff.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi bren21,
Sorry to butt in here but my routine is nnear identical to yours so just wondering does it matter if you do the c or the lacsal first in the morning?
I think I was told lacsal first by the folks at skin bio but I'm not sure if it was crucial...
The waiting 20 min between each is really inconvenient! Neutral

demi001
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I personally use my CP's at night (which is Skin Signals and spot treating with TriRed) and use my LacSal in the AM. I found it to be a much easier regime as I also use retin-a at night and I can use that along with the CP's. Also, there seems to be a conflict with CP's and certain sunscreen ingredients...the PM CP use also means you don't have to worry about that either.

If you're new to CP's, Super CP serum is a stronger CP to be starting with, so I would take it slow....and I would definitely not use Emu over top out of the gate as that intensifies the action of the CP's. When I first used CP's, I started with the regular CP serum. I'm sure if you take it slow though and dilute your CP with a few drops of water (slowly weaning off the water), you should be ok.

If you use a C serum in the AM, my morning routine is: Wash, C serum followed by a 20/30 minute wait, LacSal followed by a 20/30 minute wait, then the rest of my stuff.

Thank you so much bren21 for your input. I shall follow your lead and use the super CP serum at night (with caution - I'll definitely add water droplets) and the LacSal in the morning. Thank you again!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I've always heard C first followed by the exfoliant but there always seems to be variations!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
demi001
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
My LacSal and Super CP serum arrived today so I'm ready to start the process! Very Happy I have another question though: would it be advisable to use either product on milia underneath the eyes? I have tried many treatments and nothing seems to work on them, so I was wondering if these two products might do the trick...
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I think it'd be safe to try it there. Let us know how it works!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I think it'd be safe to try it there. Let us know how it works!

That's good to hear! I was worried that they might make the skin in that area thinner, that's why I asked. I will try it and let you know. Thank you so much for replying!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
demi001 wrote:

That's good to hear! I was worried that they might make the skin in that area thinner, that's why I asked. I will try it and let you know. Thank you so much for replying!

OMG! No! CPs should actually thicken your skin up. The trick with using both products (exfoliator and the CPs)is that the exfoliator helps to remove the damaged skin and the CPs will remodel it. Sometimes you need a stronger method of removing the damaged skin, though. Everyone is different, too, in how they react to the CPs, so trial and error is the usual method of finding the best results.

Another good resource to get questions answered is the Skin Biology forum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

OMG! No! CPs should actually thicken your skin up. The trick with using both products (exfoliator and the CPs)is that the exfoliator helps to remove the damaged skin and the CPs will remodel it. Sometimes you need a stronger method of removing the damaged skin, though. Everyone is different, too, in how they react to the CPs, so trial and error is the usual method of finding the best results.

Another good resource to get questions answered is the Skin Biology forum.

Oh, I see! I will definitely try it on my milia then! And I will check out the forum on their website as well. Thank you so much for your input!
dogstar
5% products discount

Tue May 15, 2012 10:21 am      Reply with quote
BTW: The skin biology forum is defunct
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
According to the message Skin Bio posted on their website, it is under reconstruction. They say it's due to the FDA requiring them to separate the science information from the products they are selling. I'm sure the forum will be back up again.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
The forum is still up and running, it is the web sites selling that are being reconfigured.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5220011852

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi DM, you're right. It took me a few extra seconds to find it though. I'm used to clicking at the top of the home page to get to it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 7:04 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi DM, you're right. It took me a few extra seconds to find it though. I'm used to clicking at the top of the home page to get to it.

There are still the published studies on one site while under construction.

I think they made the separation due to some of the medical claims that may be allowed on the forum but not on the site selling the products?

Here is the link with studies published:

http://www.skinbiology.com/

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have $50 to spend courtesy of somehow winning an EDS voucher draw... it was for March and I'm still trying to decide how to use it! Laughing

I've been hearing positive things about Skin Signals and Two Timing Tightener. However, I've been using Super CP Serum for the last few months and enjoying that a lot. Do you think the SS and TTT combo is a more powerful way to go now? Or is the Super CP Serum preferable? I get lost with CPs and knowing which might give the best results.

(I am hoping to use whichever product I buy with my ultrasound unit to help with increased penetration... not sure if SS/ TTT could be used in this way??)

(Admitting I have not read this thread from the beginning!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the SS and TTT since Feb and love them both. Have definitely had some firming which I notice most under my chin/neck area. I guess that means everything upstairs is firming up a bit Wink ..I've also been spot treating with TriRed and started that a while ago.
I started about 2 weeks ago alternating using SS and TriRed every other night to see what that does.
It's my understanding that use SS if you want more in the firming department and a different CP such as TriRed or a CP serum for remodeling. I'm sure SS does some remodeling of sorts, but if you have wrinkling or any heavier remodeling the other CPs are the way to go....correct me if I'm wrong ladies Smile

Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I've been using the SS and TTT since Feb and love them both. Have definitely had some firming which I notice most under my chin/neck area. I guess that means everything upstairs is firming up a bit Wink ..I've also been spot treating with TriRed and started that a while ago.
I started about 2 weeks ago alternating using SS and TriRed every other night to see what that does.
It's my understanding that use SS if you want more in the firming department and a different CP such as TriRed or a CP serum for remodeling. I'm sure SS does some remodeling of sorts, but if you have wrinkling or any heavier remodeling the other CPs are the way to go....correct me if I'm wrong ladies Smile

That helps a lot...thank you for helping me understand. Smile I wonder if folks who would like more remodeling could use both SS and something like Super CP Serum (maybe one in the morning and the other at night)?

I certainly would't mind the firming, that's for sure. But I'm also trying to work on a hyper pigmented spot on my left cheek. (would SS be the best bet for diminishing crows feet?)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 11:02 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

I wouldn't use CPs with a zinc based product like your Devita, though. Dr Pickart has said the zinc binds to the CPs and *may* interfere with it. No sense buying a skincare product only to use it with something that might render it ineffective. Use your vit C in the morning instead. Then alternate the Retin A w/ the CPs or use the CPs first and then apply the retin A after the CPs absorb.

Hi Foxe, you indicated in that last line that I could apply my super ghk & then tretinoin after, which I've been doing from time to time when I've been too lazy and missed a night of one or the other.
I happened to glance at the first page of the thread today where you've written:
"What can’t you use them with
First generation CPs (e.g.Neova/Neutrogena) are not stable when used with acids so you cannot combine them with AHAs, BHAs, Retin A etc."
so I'm nervous. I'm probably misunderstanding something or maybe the data changed since then so I thought I'd check. Could you clarify?

My skin's looking fabulous these days, so thanks again!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |