Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I bought the skinbio cp products to treat my icepicks as foxe said cp is VERY effective on icepicks. I use the strongest product for 9 weeks. Nothing changed at all. Scars are all still there, NO improvement.

On skinbio forum, everyone who complained about the product not working is treated as a troll. Dr. P, the inventor, said he came into scar reduction business coz some clients claimed their blemishes disappeared after a few months cp use, but blemish is blemish, not indented scars.

He always says if you use acid, there ought to be changes, since scar tissues are dissolved. That's just the theory, but everybody who has acne scar and who has used acid for long time probably already knows using acid doesn't give noticeable improvement to indented scars.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:40 am      Reply with quote
http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/copper-peptides-srcps-my-experience/

another post from disappointed clients. after using cp for nine weeks, I feel the same as them, no improvement.
lulu68
5% products discount

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:04 am      Reply with quote
After 3+ months there was no improvement for me either (there were some new wrinkles though). I did however find the LacSal to be great for reducing the occurrence and speeding the healing of cystic pimples.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:18 am      Reply with quote
i think skinbio operates on faith, not fact and they refuse to believe user's negative comments, as they have blind faith on their theory.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I have seen a difference in my skin using copper peptides.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I see improvement of texture of my skin after using GHK (first generation); not much on the 2nd generation.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I saw improvement of texture after using ghk too, but skinbio claim to be able to remove scars, that's why I bought the products.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:06 am      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
I saw improvement of texture after using ghk too, but skinbio claim to be able to remove scars, that's why I bought the products.

Were you really expecting to remove scars in just 9 weeks? That does not seem realistic to me.

5% products discount

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Just received my GHK and cannot wait to try it!
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I didn't expect scars to vanish in nine weeks. I expected to see slightest changes noticeable to naked eyes. Didn't see any. No improvement of any kind to scars at all.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
newuser - did you use anything else besides the CPs? Like single needles?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
hi foxe, I used tattoo needle, toothpick, 0.3 dermaroller, dermastamp.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
hi foxe, I used tattoo needle, toothpick, 0.3 dermaroller, dermastamp.

If you used all of those and didn't see any change at all, the issue may be larger than CP's or they can impact. It sounds like you have been very aggressive, so subcision may be a better option.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I have all kinds of scars, some are very small and superficial. If cp can't treat those, I don't see how it can treat any scars. Subcision is not an option for small superficial scars
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
I have all kinds of scars, some are very small and superficial. If cp can't treat those, I don't see how it can treat any scars. Subcision is not an option for small superficial scars

But based on your post above, it seems that the tattoo needles, derma stamp, derma roller, and toothpick were also not effective, so I am not sure why you are focusing on just the CPs not performing?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
the sellers of needle, roller, toothpick never claimed they can remove scars, skinbio did.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
the sellers of needle, roller, toothpick never claimed they can remove scars, skinbio did.

Well hopefully you have vented now and can move on to something else.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
9 weeks is still a very limited time to say you've seen any kind of change. you need patience CPs should be applied daily and the needling should be done every 6 weeks and also need to be done at least 5-6 times before you can say you've seen nothing happen. I've done needling and used CPs on some icepicks and I did not see anything within the first 9 weeks either. It takes several attempts to break up the scar tissue to enable the CPs to work.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for the info foxe. Could you please let me know how long you've treated your scars with cp and how much improvement you have and how long did it take you to see improvement?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've worked on mine on and off for the last few years. I really dislike needling, so I don't stay on a regular schedule with it. A few years back I had a few scars that looked like they were going to be large box-car type one, & when I applied CPs, they healed so well that the skin ended up looking better than surrounding skin! (I have large pores and this area is now Poreless!). But, keep in mind that that scar took a while to heal (months and months) before it came out looking so good. And this is a 'fresh' acne scar I'm talking about, not an older, tougher one like an ice pick. Ice picks tend to have pretty tough scar tissue that needs to be broken up (with the needle or other type of abrasion) for the CPs to penetrate adequately. The CPs will help the skin remodel to scarless tissue as skin tends to have a memory and wants to revert back to its former self.

On my older ice pick ones and the few I've treated more than a few times, I've seen anywhere from 50% to 70% improvement. I will continue to treat them, but they are not that noticeable (except to me in my magnifying mirror). I do hit them occasionally with a needle and CPs and then will see some improvements (shrinking of the opening) after a few month's time.

Improvements do take a while and you will continue to see improvements even after the first few months. You just have to be diligent and continue to treat it and not give up. This is not a quick fix - but it is a natural one and one that uses the body's own defenses to make corrections. CPs will help get it done right.

It takes a LOT of time. And, you need to continue to needle (about every 4-6 weeks) and use CPs. You should also take supplements of MSM and Vitamin C to help with the healing process. (this is something Dr Pickart of SB suggests)

I suggest you continue using the CPs along with needling every 4-6 weeks and do this for at least 6 months. I do hope you took before pictures, but if not, take some now and take some again using the same light in 6 months time. THEN, come back and give us your report.

Edited to add:I also hope that during your needling sessions that you are needling as much of the scar inside and out including the side walls and the bottom and outside ring. This will help break down the tissue and allow ample openings for the CPs to enter.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for your reply foxe. I've been doing all these for two months with no improvement. I'll continue till I use up the product I bought.

If a scar take years to fade with cp, I wouldn't think cp is effective. I had some scars that faded over years by themselves. With no treatment at all.

Dr P said acid can dissolve scar tissue, but everywhere else I read, people says acid can shed off outer layer of epidermis, won't reach the scars in dermis.

Dr. P also claimed scar tissue can be pushed up from dermis to epidermis.When being asked to prove, Dr P said that what clients reported. I dont know how reliable the information from some clients can be.

Dr P has degree in chemistry, not dermatology. He claimed all scars can be removed under right conditions, but then said he doesn't know what's the right conditions and encourage his clients to try and experiment with the cp products on their face. If it doesn't work, he'd say it's because the client didn't find out a way to use the creams properly.

I have a very small depression that I can only see it in magnifying mirror. I applied cp on it eveyday since I had the depression. It's been a month, I didn't see changes.

As Sarah from owndoc says, cp at its best, is a complimentary treatment. Dr P encourages his clients to use acid, needles, dermabrassion cloth , retin-a, vitamins along with cp. I have never seen the seller of any other treatment encourage their clients to use a few other treatments along with their products to see results.

Dr. P said he entered scar reduction business because some clients reported their blemish disappeared affter a few monthss using cp cream. Blemish is not pitted scars, and it happened to me many times when some scars "disappeared" temporarily due to the inflammation after laser or using acid. The scars always came back after the inflammation subsides. Many results reported by clients could be temporary.

I read through skinbio forum, it seems Dr P got the idea that cp reduces scars and scar tissue can be pushed up to surface and dissolved by acid from his clients, not from research.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:00 am      Reply with quote
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/53980-my-scar-treatment-journal/

here's a post of someone who used cp for five years on scars with no results.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
newusernew wrote:

A very good idea. All this banging your head against a brick wall over and over won't do you any good. You had this negative opinion about the product before you even started! I don't know why you even bothered trying it?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
bethany wrote:
newusernew wrote:

A very good idea. All this banging your head against a brick wall over and over won't do you any good. You had this negative opinion about the product before you even started! I don't know why you even bothered trying it?

I think New is interested in removing scars, and may be be disappointed that the CPs didn't deliver as hoped in the amount of time allocated. That said, some of her posts make it sound very personal against SkinBio and Dr. P, and that typically is a lost cause here and on the SB forum.

While I am not a fan of how SB conducts their business, I am seeing more mentions of using CP's after dermarolling, etc. from sources that have no loyalty to SB. I also know that I personally didn't see any real improvement in typical wrinkles until 4 months after rolling, so perhaps she just needs to give it more than 9 weeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am a Skin Biology believer myself. I've only tried the P&R cream, which is I guess a medium strength. I love what it's done for my skin in a few months, I can't wait to see the improvement in a year.

9 weeks is not long enough to remove scars. I think that for icepick scars you should try cross peel with 25% TCA. It will take many treatments but I think it will help.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |