Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
karianne
5% products discount

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to say that I called customer service at Skinbio today and they are sending me out a new bottle for my Exfol serum - Yay! And yes, thank you to Foxe and Star Model - You make all of this so much less confusing!
Now off to CP my face!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
In the evening I plan on CP, followed by emu-oil, then after a 1/2 hour or so apply my Tretinoin. Does that sound about right? Is there any room for a night cream after that?
So many products, so little time. Laughing

Applying the Emu Oil before the Tretinoin will dilute its effects - but that might be what you want and it's perfectly ok to do that if you want to avoid any irritation.

Basically though Emu Oil should be applied last in any regimen because it's a "pusher" - it pushes whatever is under it further into the skin. So you might want to put the night cream under the Emu Oil. Although, you shouldn't need a night cream and Emu Oil as well. Maybe some kind of light serum would be better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Is it okay to use some other oil besidues emu oil?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
Foxe and Star ~ You girls are great! Thanks so much for sharing. I've learned a lot from this tread, and I'm so glad I found it. Thanks for starting it.
I just ordered CP Serum yesterday and can't wait to start using it, slowly of course. I plan on in the AM a C-Serum, AHA, and sunscreen. In the evening I plan on CP, followed by emu-oil, then after a 1/2 hour or so apply my Tretinoin. Does that sound about right? Is there any room for a night cream after that?

Why do you want to add a night cream? I wouldn't thing you'd need it. The Emu would give you the moisturizer you'd need. The CPs can get rid of any flakiness from the retinoid. Use the night cream elsewhere (I used up lots of creams just like that-feet, hands, arms)

I also agree with Keliu about it interferring with the retinoid. I barely use emu myself since I use a retinoid after the CPs in the evening. If I don't use the Retin A, then I use the emu. I don't think I need a retinoid daily anyway(but I do suffer from acne, so it's daily use is warranted).

I also think the AHA should be used before the C serum in the AM. It would probably help it penetrate a bit better. You would need to let it work on it's own for about 20 minutes before the C though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Is it okay to use some other oil besidues emu oil?

Skin Bio also recommends Squalane Oil (they also sell some). I do believe they've said Jojoba is also fine, but they say that the emu and squalane do the best job of pushing the CPs in.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Since I am using the super GHK cream and the CP accelerator dose the accelerator take the place of Emu oil,or do I need to replace it with that,I have to place an order so I was wondering? Also how long before the uglies show up after starting the CP if you are going to get them.I went through Obagi so I know what its like,but also understand it is sagging, not red and peeling.
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
Since I am using the super GHK cream and the CP accelerator dose the accelerator take the place of Emu oil,or do I need to replace it with that,I have to place an order so I was wondering? Also how long before the uglies show up after starting the CP if you are going to get them.I went through Obagi so I know what its like,but also understand it is sagging, not red and peeling.

Leggy, I am not sure what the accelerator is exactly? Do you use Squalane or Emu Oil? They are preferable as BHO's.

It is unlikely that you will experience any *uglies* if you are using Super GHK to start. Just take you time in working up. Not familiar with Obagi either, but doesn't that require Retin-A? If so, you are on to a good routine with CPs and Retin-A.

I actually used Super GHK around my eyes for over a yr, before moving to CP Serum. CP Night Eyes wasn't around at the time though.

Right now, I have added Super GHK Serum back as my nightly eye treatment, using my Skin Signals very lightly in the AM. CPs twice a day for me, but I have been at it for 5 yrs. and never use strong creams (Super Cop or 2X) more than once every week or 2. Retin-A 2 - 3 X per week.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Is it ok to start with diluted CP serum on top of Emu oil for around the eyes or is that still too strong? TIA!
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
SM, I have used retin a for about 1 1/2 years so my skin is use to it.I have some squalane but it must be 5 years old is it still good? I got my products from Nanci at NCN. This my routine.
AM- cleanse
Lemon Peel Bio
Acid free exfoliating serum
Bio active day cream
SS

PM-cleanse
AALS
retin a
super GHK cream
Bio active cream

I am using the GHK cream top and under eyes,but only at night,could I use it in the AM also or would it be too much.What do you mean by thinly? I use 2 plumps for face and neck,or do you mean rub it in like you do retin a? Also what is BHO? I have a small valley on my cheek where it goes in and back out,can I use extra CP there to help it along? I hate to sound so dumb but at least I know I need help,so I guess thats a good thing,Thanks so much you gals have been a big help.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Is it ok to start with diluted CP serum on top of Emu oil for around the eyes or is that still too strong? TIA!

CP Serum is a bit stronger than the GHK I first used on my eyes, so diluting it is a good idea.

I'm not sure I'd do both the dilution with H2O AND Emu underneath in the beginning, though. Try one or the other first. If you see your skin reacting to the CPs, then I might do both.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
SM, I have used retin a for about 1 1/2 years so my skin is use to it.I have some squalane but it must be 5 years old is it still good? I got my products from Nanci at NCN. This my routine.
AM- cleanse
Lemon Peel Bio
Acid free exfoliating serum
Bio active day cream
SS

PM-cleanse
AALS
retin a
super GHK cream
Bio active cream

I am using the GHK cream top and under eyes,but only at night,could I use it in the AM also or would it be too much.What do you mean by thinly? I use 2 plumps for face and neck,or do you mean rub it in like you do retin a? Also what is BHO? I have a small valley on my cheek where it goes in and back out,can I use extra CP there to help it along? I hate to sound so dumb but at least I know I need help,so I guess thats a good thing,Thanks so much you gals have been a big help.

leggy - you might want to email Nanci at NCN with some questions on the products you bought from her. (The CP accelerator and the squalane) I can't help with those questions. You might also want to ask her if you should use the exfoliator before or after the lemon peel.

BHO is Biological Healing Oil - ie: Emu, Squalane (and maybe a few others)

You can use the GHK twice a day, but I would wait until you've used CPs for a while first. Make sure your skin is use to the GHK before going 2X/day. When your skin is use to 2X/day, then you might want to move up in strength (not always necessary, though).

For the valley - yes you can concentrate some there. You can even try to push some in a bit by topping with the BHO or a toothpick or clean eyebrow brush. (crazy ideas, but you never know...). The idea is for deep wrinkles or tough scars, try to get the CPs in deeper.

Also - do not use the Bio Active cream at night with your CPs as the Bio Active has Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C) in it. This will cancel out the GHK.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
beann1210 wrote:
Foxe and Star ~ You girls are great! Thanks so much for sharing. I've learned a lot from this tread, and I'm so glad I found it. Thanks for starting it.
I just ordered CP Serum yesterday and can't wait to start using it, slowly of course. I plan on in the AM a C-Serum, AHA, and sunscreen. In the evening I plan on CP, followed by emu-oil, then after a 1/2 hour or so apply my Tretinoin. Does that sound about right? Is there any room for a night cream after that?

Why do you want to add a night cream? I wouldn't thing you'd need it. The Emu would give you the moisturizer you'd need. The CPs can get rid of any flakiness from the retinoid. Use the night cream elsewhere (I used up lots of creams just like that-feet, hands, arms)

I also agree with Keliu about it interferring with the retinoid. I barely use emu myself since I use a retinoid after the CPs in the evening. If I don't use the Retin A, then I use the emu. I don't think I need a retinoid daily anyway(but I do suffer from acne, so it's daily use is warranted).

I also think the AHA should be used before the C serum in the AM. It would probably help it penetrate a bit better. You would need to let it work on it's own for about 20 minutes before the C though.

Thanks Keliu and Foxe ~ It's so nice to have a place to go with questions. All this stuff can be so confusing. I just started Retin-A two months ago, so I want to do the nightly application for the first year and then go down to 3 times a week or so. Also, do you think using a Clarisonic every morning and night would be good enough for the exfoliation? I would love to not have to use an AHA if it's not needed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:

Yes, That is a perfect plan! Once a day only. Emu only on the opposing end of the day.
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:

I hate to sound so dumb but at least I know I need help,so I guess thats a good thing,Thanks so much you gals have been a big help.

No, your questions are very good. I am just not familiar with some of your other products to comment?

Emu Oil or Squalane should be the only moisturizer you need.

What is an acid free exfoliating cream? Is that like an enzyme peel? If so that is fine in the AM & GHK 30 mins after Retin-A in the PM.
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it is like an enzyme peel,Thanks again I will push forward!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I think I read somewhere on EDS that you can use a physical sunscreen over the CP as long as there is Emu oil on top of the CP, is this correct? I am wanting to use the CP in the am so I can use the exfol and alternating with the tretinoin in the evening but worried about having to use ZO ss in the am if it would cause large pores since that is one of my problems.

TIA again!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian - Dr P has said it's OK to first use a CP, then top with emu (or squalane) before using a zinc based SS. Try it and see how it goes. I don't think everyone reports the large pores - just 'some people'.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:08 am      Reply with quote
To avoid any problems with ZO SS, I use SB's DayCover (Titanium Dixoide-based) as my last step before MMUP. That has worked well for me over the last several yrs.

I no longer need to worry about the possibilty of enlarging pores or the zinc interferring with CPs. I get plently of daily sun protection from TD.

If anything, my pore size has reduced over the yrs. I have a little bit course, thicker skin. My pores tend to clog easily if I don't exfoliate enough. I am in *awe* of those who are tight-pored and flawless by nature. But sometimes sensitivity comes with that skin type.

It's true, that very few of us can have it all in the skin dept. Laughing That is why we need to work on it so hard!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:

If anything, my pore size has reduced over the yrs. I have a little bit course, thicker skin. My pores tend to clog easily if I don't exfoliate enough. I am in *awe* of those who are tight-pored and flawless by nature. But sometimes sensitivity comes with that skin type.

Yeah, that elusive flawless skin! It's good to hear though that your pore size has reduced. I am hoping the CP will help me in that department too.

Thanks a lot Foxe and Star! You gals are awesome!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Anyone here has Latic power 10?

I 'd like to alternate it with Vit C serum in the morning.

Is it as thin as water & soaks in immediately as Vit C does?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am getting my cart ready with SB CP serum, lacsal serum, emu oil and I want to try the TriReduction/Lacsal cream on my tummy area for the stretch marks and loose skin. I know that the TriReduction is a stronger CP but if I am just going to use that on my tummy and get the uglies then it should still be ok, right? Eventually the uglies will go away and repair, right? Am I going to make that area way worse than it is by using a stronger product and have irreversible damage?

And I also wanted to ask for opinions, is it better to order from EDS where I can get about $20 bucks off for my order or from the SB site where instead of getting a discount I get 2 free samples? Lol, sorry to be a pest!

TIA again and again!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
summer - I haven't tried the new Lac 10 yet, so no help there.

moosejavian - Going with the Tri Reduction on the SM sounds like a good plan. You might want to also use a dry brush or a microfiber cloth in addition to the Lacsal for a stronger effect. SM are hard to treat. Also, a lot of ppl use skin roller on SM which is a good combo w/ CPs.

Not sure which is the best place to order. I always get sucked into the free samples myself. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe,what is this best SS to use? I have been using Oclipse by Obagi and it works well for me.I use my CP in the PM,so do you think it would be okay to use in the AM?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy - As far as sunscreen goes... MelaShade from LovelySkin.com is a photo finish (same ingredients) as Oclipse. and wayyyy cheaper. I've used both.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to order Day Cover from SkinBiology for my face and their sun lotion for my body this summer - a change over from my previous choices. When the sun is especially high in the sky or I'm out more than usual I will put MelaShade over.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |