Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone who sells CPs claim they have anti-aging properties? I'm not even sure what that means. CPs help regenerate collagen when skin is not in its optimal state.

Seems to me that anti-aging is more about protecting the skin and maintaining its condition. You wouldn't use CP on skin that's in great condition, any more than you'd use super glue on a dish that hasn't been broken.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
...... you'd use super glue on a dish that hasn't been broken.

LOL...good analogy!!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
Does anyone who sells CPs claim they have anti-aging properties? I'm not even sure what that means. CPs help regenerate collagen when skin is not in its optimal state.

Seems to me that anti-aging is more about protecting the skin and maintaining its condition. You wouldn't use CP on skin that's in great condition, any more than you'd use super glue on a dish that hasn't been broken.

You were reading my mind - I never considered CP's as anti aging -(This was just written by another poster on another Skin bio thread - saying it has been promoted as an antiaging compound). CP's are meant to bring out new skin from under damaged skin - to allow skin renewal to occur. Not as a preventive measure.

thanks for bringing this up. I use others for Prevention - C & E ferulic as one (DIY)....

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. I was just almost finished typing out a big'o long post and it was "magically" deleted. Arggghh!! Confused
Anyhoo, to make a long story shorter now since I don't have as much time . . .
Star & Theresa ~ You girls are great!! Thanks for all the feedback. I am going to hold off on the CP's (at least on my face) for a good long while. I'm starting to get used to the Retin-A and it is helping with improvement a bit, but I also need to consider that I also just started FE/massage. That also has an "out-with-the-old, in-with-the-new" way of working. If I get rid of all the old all at once, I won't have anything left. Laughing Also, I'm happy to report that I believe the FE/massage is helping my neck that was damaged by the Fraxel laser. Not sure that it looks real different, but the skin feels firmer and I've only been doing the massage for a week. I hope it's not just wishful thinking, but I have a feeling this is really going to work for me. My plan is to post beofre/after pictures in three months for everyone and blow your minds!! Hey. . . a girl can dream, can't she ? . . . Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:

I've always considered CP not only anti-aging but also an age reversal product. The only other product that can make such a huge difference in your skin other than CP, is a tretinoin product. CP most definitely protects skin - it's a strong anti-oxidant for one and another thing that people may or may not know about it is that it inhibits UV rays... I'm living proof of that. While floating around in the Glenwood Colorado Hot Springs Drool I got good and sunburned despite the sun protection I kept slathering on.... expect for my face & neck. Absolutely no color on my face and neck at all. Guess I should have been bathing in it so the rest of my body didn't get burned! Here is a partial list of what CP does (I hope this list gets on here since I copied it from a word doc):

Increase the production of stem cells.
Tighten loose skin and improve elasticity.
Reduce spots, photodamage and hyperpigmentation.
Reduce fine lines.
Improve skin firmness.
Are a strong antioxidant.
Reduce the depth of deep wrinkles.
Reverse "smoker's" lines.
Improve skin clarity and “glow”.
Smooth rough skin.
Improve overall appearance.
Accelerate wound healing.
Thicken skin.
Act as powerful anti-inflammatories on skin.
Calm irritated and reddened skin.
Normalize the skin.
Tighten the protective skin barrier proteins.
Reduce stretch marks.
Reduce scars.
Protect skin keratinocytes from UV damage by inactivating reactive carbonyl species.

I've been using CP for about 11 years now. It has to be the reason my skin is in the condition that it is. At 56 years old, I often get my age guessed at mid thirties. I like to tell people that I'm 68 years old! Tee He! Then I tell them the truth and they still don't believe me. But preventative yes and anti-aging yes!
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Well, I guess the definition of "anti-aging" is pretty nebulous. Copper peptides have antioxidant properties -- that falls into the anti-aging category -- but so do almost all the cosmeceuticals on the market. Everyone's in the antiox game these days.

Would you suggest your teenager use copper peptides? Since cps have been primarily touted for their ability to repair the skin, I wouldn't. Whereas a good sunscreen is an anti-aging product, at least per my definition of anti-aging!
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
No, I wouldn't suggest CP to anyone under 30 unless they were trying to reduce scars and/or stretchmarks. And I agree with you on sunscreen being an anti-aging product, that's why I mentioned CPs ability to inhibit UV rays. In my opinion (not Dr. Pickart's), the sun is the #1 cause of aging.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I've always thought of Copper peptides as being anti-aging since they are supposed to promote collagen/elastin production, remove damaged proteins and rebuild skin's protective barrier.
I would consider the increase of stem cell production to be definitely anti-aging.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Nanci, if you don't mind, did you have any skin issues before you started using CP 11 years ago? You certainly don't look your age! Just wondering if you already had good skin when you started CP and was just using them for preventative measures or if you had certain issues you wanted to deal with. Thanks for your input!
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi moosejavian, no, I didn't have any skin issues. I was 45 and just wanting to get into more serious anti-aging "stuff". I was hoping to be able to use Renova but just couldn't; it made my skin so thin and fragile.... so I did a search on google - "better than renova" and up popped the Skin Biology website. NCN is only going on its 4th year, so I used it for years before starting NCN. In fact, Copper Peptide is WHY I started NCN in the first place. The rest is history......
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm back..... this is regarding using GHK and Retin-A. I wanted the latest lowdown from Dr. Pickart because there seem to be contradictions on his website and forum - I received this yesterday from his right hand wo-man Cassia:

"He (Dr. P) says that retinoic acid acts much differently than hydroxy acids and that a person could use GHK together with Retin-A. The retinoic acid product could be applied first in the evening and GHK can be used on top. The fragility of GHK would not be harmed by using the two together (I am glad I double checked) - Of course clients could always use the two products at the opposite ends of the day, there is never anything wrong with advising clients to do that."
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:03 am      Reply with quote
NCN wrote:
I'm back..... this is regarding using GHK and Retin-A. I wanted the latest lowdown from Dr. Pickart because there seem to be contradictions on his website and forum - I received this yesterday from his right hand wo-man Cassia:

"He (Dr. P) says that retinoic acid acts much differently than hydroxy acids and that a person could use GHK together with Retin-A. The retinoic acid product could be applied first in the evening and GHK can be used on top. The fragility of GHK would not be harmed by using the two together (I am glad I double checked) - Of course clients could always use the two products at the opposite ends of the day, there is never anything wrong with advising clients to do that."

Nanci, is this for the GHK liquid or cream? I don't know if the GHK liquid would penetrate over the RA cream?
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Nanci, is this for the GHK liquid or cream? I don't know if the GHK liquid would penetrate over the RA cream?

Super GHK comes in either a serum or cream version. The choice is yours.
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it's for both the Super GHK Serum and the Super GHK Cream.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
NCN wrote:

I thought I read on here that it didn't matter if RA or CP was applied first, did this apply only to 2nd gen CP and not the GHK?
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:13 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I had the same concerns and asked somewhere on this forum a while back. I usually layer stuff with thinner consistency first.

I think it was foxe who responded, and highlighted that one will need to take into account the pH as well.
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:04 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
I thought I read on here that it didn't matter if RA or CP was applied first, did this apply only to 2nd gen CP and not the GHK?

A few years ago Dr. P said to apply your CP first and then Retin-A. He's changed his stance since then.
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:09 am      Reply with quote
NCN, I just noticed that you said to use super GHK cream around your eye. I have been using under and top for 3 weeks and so far no problems is this alright or should I not do this?My eye area looks alot better.
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Leggy61, yes, definitely keep using your GHK on your eye area (upper and lower). Very glad to hear about your results! Some people can use the stronger versions around their eye area and some just can't. And some people use stronger versions on the rest of their skin and the GHK for their eye area only. From what I've seen, GHK and the protect & restore products are working very well on the eye area for pretty much everyone.
Twinkle66

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
So I've been using CP serum for about 3 and a 1/2 weeks now. I started out using about 4 drops. For the last week I've been using 3 drops of distilled water and 5 drops CPs. (I decided I would follow the diluting program for CPs you recommended Foxe)

I'm looking at the SB website at what products I'm going to buy. Since I'm dealing with acne scarring and have been using a regular CP serum first I'm going to get Super CP serum. As I mentioned in an earlier post I'm soon to be starting Retin A micro as well. But I read on the SB Super CP method that it's best used with a hydroxy acid serum. At the moment I use a 12% glycolic acid rinse off cleanser but I'm worried this might not be exfoliating enough. Would it be too much for my skin to use the SB LacSal serum, Super CPs and Retin A micro all in the evening? Or does the Retin A micro replace the need for the LacSal?

Also I was just wondering if the uglies could also come out in the form of making acne scars look worse?

Thanks.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Twinkle66 wrote:
So I've been using CP serum for about 3 and a 1/2 weeks now. I started out using about 4 drops. For the last week I've been using 3 drops of distilled water and 5 drops CPs. (I decided I would follow the diluting program for CPs you recommended Foxe)

I'm looking at the SB website at what products I'm going to buy. Since I'm dealing with acne scarring and have been using a regular CP serum first I'm going to get Super CP serum. As I mentioned in an earlier post I'm soon to be starting Retin A micro as well. But I read on the SB Super CP method that it's best used with a hydroxy acid serum. At the moment I use a 12% glycolic acid rinse off cleanser but I'm worried this might not be exfoliating enough. Would it be too much for my skin to use the SB LacSal serum, Super CPs and Retin A micro all in the evening? Or does the Retin A micro replace the need for the LacSal?

Also I was just wondering if the uglies could also come out in the form of making acne scars look worse?

Thanks.

Twinkle - why not alternate nights with LacSal one night and the Retin A the other with using the CPs nightly.

I have also had to deal with acne scars (several more after last years disastrous bout w/ 302 than I had when I first tried CPs) and I would use the acid/CP combo a couple times per day. Once at night all over and spot treat the scars a second time.

I use to use all 3 in one night, but now think yhat is too much

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Nanci - thank you for your contributions here. haven't been around lately and am really glad to see someone knowledgable helping out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
NCN wrote:
Hermosa wrote:

I've always considered CP not only anti-aging but also an age reversal product. The only other product that can make such a huge difference in your skin other than CP, is a tretinoin product. CP most definitely protects skin - it's a strong anti-oxidant for one and another thing that people may or may not know about it is that it inhibits UV rays... I'm living proof of that. While floating around in the Glenwood Colorado Hot Springs Drool I got good and sunburned despite the sun protection I kept slathering on.... expect for my face & neck. Absolutely no color on my face and neck at all. Guess I should have been bathing in it so the rest of my body didn't get burned! Here is a partial list of what CP does (I hope this list gets on here since I copied it from a word doc):

Increase the production of stem cells.
Tighten loose skin and improve elasticity.
Reduce spots, photodamage and hyperpigmentation.
Reduce fine lines.
Improve skin firmness.
Are a strong antioxidant.
Reduce the depth of deep wrinkles.
Reverse "smoker's" lines.
Improve skin clarity and “glow”.
Smooth rough skin.
Improve overall appearance.
Accelerate wound healing.
Thicken skin.
Act as powerful anti-inflammatories on skin.
Calm irritated and reddened skin.
Normalize the skin.
Tighten the protective skin barrier proteins.
Reduce stretch marks.
Reduce scars.
Protect skin keratinocytes from UV damage by inactivating reactive carbonyl species.

I've been using CP for about 11 years now. It has to be the reason my skin is in the condition that it is. At 56 years old, I often get my age guessed at mid thirties. I like to tell people that I'm 68 years old! Tee He! Then I tell them the truth and they still don't believe me. But preventative yes and anti-aging yes!

Thank you Nanci for this post and others. They could probably use your help on the "Science behind Copper Peptides" thread. There are many posters who appear to be opposed to CP's - indicating there is no science to back up and citing them as being potentially damaging. Maybe you could straighten them out a bit.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
S.S. I have been using the CP for 3 weeks and following Nanci's advice,and I can really tell a difference in my skin,the texture is greatly improved and I have been using on my eyes also everynight with improvement,that being said,going slow and easy with the way for me.I have not found any of the overnight miracles as of late.I also think going slow and starting with the weakest CP will help avoid the (uglies) or it has for me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
As I understand it the improvements take a while - a few months and you should see the difference although the eye area apparently takes much longer.
I have not started on this area yet - will when I get the super ghk.

I love skin signals and feel good about what I am seeing thus far and excited about the future potential for skin health.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |