Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Leggy 61 wrote:
Has anyone used Two Time Tightener? I want to use it but I read somewhere that it works for some and others not so much.Is it temporary or with continuances does the skin get a bit tighter?

I'm using it. Sagging is my main issue and I've never really found any topical or gadget that makes a visible difference. (But then I never see any real results from anything).

However, I do measure my appearance in terms of "haggard" or "more haggard". I feel that since I've started back on CPs, Exfol, TTT, and the high frequency device I'm looking "less haggard"!

Let's hear it for "less haggard" Laughing Laughing Laughing

I bought the TTT just in case I needed it under my eyes while using premier eyes. I was going to make it (Kassy DIY for TTT) but needed to get some ingredients to make this so said the heck with it for now and bought it with the CPs while I was at it.
I'm wondering if it's much different than other DMAE products - I have one that is 4% from skinactives in my stash.

5% products discount

Thu May 06, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I received my CPs yesterday and I have a few questions.

What is the best way to use the folligen for blonds? Has anyone ever had and immediate headache after applying it?

Has anyone with light non-suntanning skin ever used the tanning lotion and actually tanned? I would love to at least remove my ghostly white skin tone.

I applied the CPs twice yesterday and it has already calmed down some of the bumps brought up from using the Wonderbar. The Wonderbar seems to bring up damage but it does not seem to speed up healing. I am going to try use both products, but I am concerned about over drying. I am using Super GHK on my entire face and the Trireduction with Retinol on a few scars. Is GHK mild enough for a beginner to use two times a day?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Leggy 61 wrote:
Has anyone used Two Time Tightener? I want to use it but I read somewhere that it works for some and others not so much.Is it temporary or with continuances does the skin get a bit tighter?

I'm using it. Sagging is my main issue and I've never really found any topical or gadget that makes a visible difference. (But then I never see any real results from anything).

However, I do measure my appearance in terms of "haggard" or "more haggard". I feel that since I've started back on CPs, Exfol, TTT, and the high frequency device I'm looking "less haggard"!

Let's hear it for "less haggard" Laughing Laughing Laughing

I bought the TTT just in case I needed it under my eyes while using premier eyes. I was going to make it (Kassy DIY for TTT) but needed to get some ingredients to make this so said the heck with it for now and bought it with the CPs while I was at it.
I'm wondering if it's much different than other DMAE products - I have one that is 4% from skinactives in my stash.

2nd the cheers on the 'less haggard" look for you Keliu.

sister - I have a Skin Intensive(?) brand of 3% DMAE and a sample of the SB TTT and they are different. The TTT is more serum like while the other DMAE I have is very liquidy. I do like the TTT much better. When I get rid of the 3% one, I will order the TTT. It goes on much easier and doesn't smell *nearly* as bad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure wrote:
What is the best way to use the folligen for blonds? Has anyone ever had and immediate headache after applying it?

I never had a headache when using this product.

Some tips for usage:
- Do NOT use more frequently than every other day, per Dr. P. (I use like 3x a week)
- I squeeze a thin line out vertically down a center part, then move over a couple inches to one side, part the hair and repeat (do both sides the same way)
- A little goes a long way...if you find it is too thick, you can dilute a small amount with water right before applying, per Dr. P. But do not mix water in with the whole bottle!
- Using your fingers, massage the FFB lines across the section of your scalp that you want to cover...don't use gloves, and your nails will benefit as well.
- Top that off with a very small amount of emu oil to help it penetrate into the scalp (emu also has hair regenerative properties on its own)

HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure wrote:
I received my CPs yesterday and I have a few questions.

Has anyone with light non-suntanning skin ever used the tanning lotion and actually tanned? I would love to at least remove my ghostly white skin tone.

I applied the CPs twice yesterday and it has already calmed down some of the bumps brought up from using the Wonderbar. The Wonderbar seems to bring up damage but it does not seem to speed up healing. I am going to try use both products, but I am concerned about over drying. I am using Super GHK on my entire face and the Trireduction with Retinol on a few scars. Is GHK mild enough for a beginner to use two times a day?

GHK is mild enuf for beginners to use - probably even 2X/day. It would depend on if you have sensitive skin or not since it's the go-to product for those w/ sensitive skin. If your skin isn't sensitive - then try it at that rate. Just watch out for your skin reacting to it from not being use to it, like getting looser or showing wrinkles fast.

I know Star Model was using both the Wonderbar and CPs - hopefully she can answer your questions about those together. I'm getting ready to try the Wonderbar too, so I would also like to know. Glad to hear its helping w/ those bumps.

I've never used Folligen for blondes. Are you saying you got a headache after using some? You might want to throw that one at Skin Bio for an answer. Never heard of that before.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure,
As for the Tanning Lotion - it is meant to be used as a light protection for the sun, while still allowing the body to get a little tan which can provide some natural protection. Dr Pickart sites studies showing that melanin in the skin does provide us with sun protection. The thing everyone wants to avoid is the burn - red, irritated skin. Inflammation is a No-No.

I have used it for 2 summers and on a Carribean vacation. I do not tan well - very light skinned and tend to burn and get sun poisoning(when south of the Mason-Dixon line).

This past summer I used it more, and I did develop a fairly *good* tan (for me). It was light, but even. I would always apply the Body Lotion after being in the sun - I think the 2 products are best used together. If I did ever get a little pink (sun was too intense or I was out too long) - topping my body w/ the Body Lotion at the end of the day would calm my skin down by morning. By the next day - no pinkness, and no peeling either. I managed to develop a base tan slowly this way. This is the best way to get color - slowly. The color will protect you and it will last the longest if done slowest too.

I do have to say that I will use a stronger sun screen on days when I'm in the sun all day (I'm a boater and can be out with NO shade for 8 hours or more). I still start w/ the SB Tanning Lotion and later, start topping it w/ stronger, biodegradable ones.

5% products discount

Thu May 06, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips Bethany and fox.
Maybe this summer I will be a thick haired suntanned goddess.... Bad Grin Bad Grin NOT
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
sunshinetreasure - As I understand it the Daycover from SB is a good choice for face when in the sun also. I'm going to use this. I think the principle is similar to the body tanning lotion. You may want to have a heavier duty physical sunscreen option for longer times and brighter sun days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a sample of the Day Cover and plan on using a MMU over that for extra coverage.

I had always stayed away from it due to not knowing if it would work with my oily skin. I will see how it goes this summer!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I just got a sample of the Day Cover and plan on using a MMU over that for extra coverage.

I had always stayed away from it due to not knowing if it would work with my oily skin. I will see how it goes this summer!

I have oily skin too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin 3!

I have used DayCover for a few years and love it! Cool

If your skin is very oily though, you may want to skip Emu Oil and just use DayCover as your last step before MMUP.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Daycover is definitely on my next order with SB.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully Foxe & Sweets can hold down the fort for awhile. I have a modeling job that's taking me out of the country which is always demanding.

Needless to say, I will be packing my CPs (my secret weapons) Laughing

I'll try to catch up when I return.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to report that I've tried the Day Cover a few times and do like it. Considering that I have oily skin and the Day Cover is a cream, everything is going well. It soaks in and does not leave a film or greasy feeling on my skin. It has a similiar texture to the P & R Line up. It has a blue color but doesn't leave a blue tint on my skin.

I haven't been out in the sun long enough to say how the protection is though, so the jury is still out on that one.

I had good results on the protection from the Suntanning Lotion, so I have high hopes this one will work well too.

StarModel - how was your trip? Where did your job take you? (Hopefully a beautiful place Very Happy )

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
What I learned tonight:

Do not use supercop2x with Murad essential C products. It'll turn yer face orange like a cheap bottled tan.

The bright side of this is that I'm only using super2x in one area. At first I was going to leave it alone but an hour later it became darker so I washed it off since I didn't know if a stain would remain. Reapplied super 2x with emu oil on top. Now I'm green Laughing
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I loved so much the Skinbiology emu oil that I want to buy the one for the hair. I noticed that it is about the same formula. Before ordering I would like to try the one I use for my face on my hair Razz
How do I apply it? Just to the roots and then wash it? Or all over the hair?

thx
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
I loved so much the Skinbiology emu oil that I want to buy the one for the hair. I noticed that it is about the same formula. Before ordering I would like to try the one I use for my face on my hair Razz
How do I apply it? Just to the roots and then wash it? Or all over the hair?

thx

I have never used the emu for hair, so I'm not sure. I use to aways think it was used after applying Folligen products to help the CPs penetrate better and help condition the skin as a moisturizer.

But, since it's an oil, it might also work on the hair itself. I recently started using a generic version of Morrocan Oil for my hair and love it for smoothing the hair shafts to get rid of flyaways and act as a buffer for heat styling. The emu might do some of the same things.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe,
This is what has happened to me.
I have started using emu oil since, maybe 2 or 3 weeks and I apply it on my entire face. After applying all my stuff to my face, which emu is the last, I brush my hair. I have been wondering why my hair looks and feels more silky, less dry and more manageable since I have not added, changed anything at all. I have given up on my dry hair for a long time and I just wear a pony tail or a hair attachment.

I am thinking that probably the emu oil I put on my face has traveled to my hair while applying it and later by brushing by taking some of the oil from my face to my hair accidentaly.

Anyway, I tried my experiment last night. I applied the emu oil all over, roots and a bit all over my hair, the ends mostly and wrapped it. Next morning I thought it would be all oily and yuky like with all the other oils I've tried before: oilive, almond, but to my surprise it was not so bad. I washed it and it looks fantatastic! so silky, shinny. I cannot imagine the results for the one for the hair.
I will purchase it and Im sure it will work for my hair on the long run as the one for the face has done to my skin.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:14 am      Reply with quote
that's great to know of another use of the Emu oil, margarette. keep us up to date! In a nutshell (and to keep things simplified), I would use that while traveling since it could do two things. Any way to keep the luggage lighter is a plus IMO

5% products discount

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am new here. I need helP! Here is what Cassia suggested for my 52 year old normal to dry skin, need help with sagging, fine lines around eyes when smiling, nasolabial lines, and I think they're strong since I'm a first user. Don't want to see those "ugglies".
AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of Skin Signals Solution (a strong copper peptide formula combined with peptides from enzymatically hydrolyzed elastin and collagen). This should just barely cover the area without leaving the skin excessively wet or damp. Be careful with using around the eye area, or if you have sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin: Take 1-2 drops in the palm of your hand, add 2-3 drops water and then apply to the area.

Afterward, you could apply a very light amount of Sebum Be Gone (Oil Reduction Serum) which works well as a light splash to apply on top of copper-peptides and helps reduce excess oil production.

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the area, lightly apply Lactic Power 10 (hydroxy acid chemical exfoliant that helps to break down damaged skin proteins). Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top. For a limited time, you can add a sample of Lactic Power 10 FREE with any purchase! If you would like to use an oil-free exfoliator, try LacSal Serum instead.

Around the eyes: Use CP Night Eyes lightly by applying a thin layer underneath the eyes and on the outside areas of the eye. Use under the brow bone to help lift the upper lid area.

For spot treating nasolabial lines, expression lines and deep wrinkles: Use Super Cop 2X- Extra Strength as a spot treatment once or twice a day. Use very lightly. Not for use around the eye area. -
Any advice would be appreciated.
Algona
5% products discount

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Its me again, sorry for a long post. I don't have skin problems except for lines wrinkles and sagging. Im using Janson Beckett's Alpha Derma line for over 2 years, not impressed and want to try different skincare. Would like to cooperate DIY Vit C with the Skin Bio also. Thxs
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Algona, welcome!

I am no expert on CP, I just started using it a month ago. Cassia had recommended starting me off with stronger products as well. I think she recommended the SS to you as that is their main product for lines and wrinkles. I was recommended Super CP to start with for my large pores, acne scars and oily skin. I think going with SS to start with is not bad, you just have to make sure to use a very light amount or dilute it or use it on top of emu oil first the first few days or even weeks to get your skin used to it. I still haven't been brave enough to use the Super CP undiluted or over the emu. Even when I first used the CP Night Eyes for the first time, I used a very small amount over Emu and I felt a slight tingling sensation. Upon the advice of other people on the SB forum, I just skipped it for a couple of days with using only the emu and then tried again. I haven't had any problems doing it this way. Once I see or feel that my skin is having a sensation or reaction, I would back off. I also got good advice to try the CP Night eyes on my whole face over emu the first few days as well just to start off slow. I guess my advice is just start off slow, diluted every other day or so and just make sure to listen to what your skin is telling you. Hope that helps a little bit.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Algona - another big welcome to you. This is a great place to learn, so you've come to the right spot.

I don't know why you were recommended to use Sebum Be Gone - not neccessary for dry skin - skip that one.

Skin Signals is a good place to start for your skin type. moosejavan's advice is right on with the dilution or going slow/applying emu first (that will buffer the skin). Do this until your skin is use to CPs. A month is probably long enough (unless you also have sensitive skin)

If you want to use Vit C, use that in the morning and the CPs at night.

At night - cleanse your skin (hopefully you have a nuetral pH cleanser - let me know what you use so I can tell you); then apply the Lactic 10 (you'll like this - its a cream and has a nice texture); wait about 20-30 minutes for the AHA (Lactic 10) to work and then apply the Skin Signals. After that absorbs; then you can apply some emu oil (if you have that). Emu oil is a nice moisturizer and has similiar sebum to human sebum, so it sinks right in. Used after CPs, it helps to push the CPs in. Used before them, it acts as a buffer.

The Super Cop 2X is really strong - it is best to use for spot treating. It took my skin a long time to get use to that. I use to feel a tingley sensation and get a little itchy when I used it in the beginning. I don't have that anymore. I use mine for spot treating some old acne scars and some upper lip lines. It does work at filling them in - it just takes a long time.

The Night Eyes is really nice for the eyes. Go for it if you can. Just use every other day in the beginning - again, until you're use to it. With my eyes, I noticed the uglies there the most. It's either because that area has such thin skin or has more damage. When I saw uglies, I would back off for a couple of days and come back slower. Worked like a charm at firming up my lids. I did start out with weaker CPs on my eyes, though. You might want to consider that. The Night Eyes Premier is weaker.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Margarett. I just wanted to share my experience with using the folligen for blondes and the emu oil for the hair.

I've had one problem...the recommendation is to use them after shampooing but it makes my hair way too oily/greasy looking. I've been using it instead on the nights I know I'm going to wash my hair the next morning. I don't know if I'm getting the same benefits or penetration since my hair is dry and follicles are closed. Hope some others will weigh in on this.

I do think I see some improvements in the dryness, silkiness, and maybe even some faster hair growth. Will keep you posted....really too early to say much on results.

Here's wishing you beautiful healthy hair!!

5% products discount

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Moosejavian and Foxe: THANK YOU so much for your fast response. Off to order SB products. Do you use LED with SB? I don't have LED, but planning to get one soon.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |