Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe,
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely look into some of these options! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Total CP convert. Have been using CP Serum the last three months 1X a day with overall tightening and smoothing effect. I had a really bad crease under my left eye, probably from driving in my car with the window untinted. Had to remove the tint when I moved to Utah, ended up several years later with a bad wrinkle irregardless of sunscreen use. ANYWAY, it is budging, and really, seems to be almost gone! I'm happy I found this product before turning 40. I really believe the "hype" that CPs work faster and better than Retin-A. I haven't used RA but CP Serum which is pretty mild, worked overnight. I noticed a difference in my skin from the beginning. Didn't dilute either, with just the slightest uglies maybe the first month. Since then I cut back to a small dime size or smaller per day with olive oil (too many other things to buy at the moment, still need to get the emu) applied over. I even put it on my eyelids and have not noticed anything really terrible. Maybe the slightest loosening but nothing to get upset about. My upper lids are greatly improved. My whole eyelid would have to fall off for me to be upset though.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Gretchen, I've done two rounds with CP's - fist was a couple years ago and recently (now) I've been back using for maybe four months. I love CP's. Loved them before but thought my results were from something different. I'm glad I realized where my results came from. CP's are the cornerstone of my regime.

About the emu. I think it is good but It is not the best nor the only option for everyone. I have and still own emu from skinbiology. I used it- always felt too greasy - and me - not happy. I hated it. And felt I was weighted down in grease. I bought some Baobab oil from Garden of Wisdom - much cheaper than SB emu) and I also bought hempseed oil and Rose hip oil. I do not use emu on my face anymore. I have had better results using something that works better for me so do NOT despair of the emu. There is more than one oil product that will work. They say you need the lipid to seal the product in and help to drive it deeper. Emu is not the only option here.

NCN from NCNproskincare.com is a huge supporter of CP's and she does not use emu over hers either. And that woman is medical aesthetist and knows her stuff. She uses rose hip I believe.
If you have oily skin Emu is not the best choice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
I even put it on my eyelids and have not noticed anything really terrible. Maybe the slightest loosening but nothing to get upset about. My upper lids are greatly improved. My whole eyelid would have to fall off for me to be upset though.

So, do you just use regular CP serum around your eyes? I only started using CP serum on my face and neck 6 weeks ago - and haven't noticed a huge improvement yet, but that could be because I'm taking it reeeeeeally slowly - but I have been keeping it away from my eyes. I was thinking of ordering one of the Night Eyes products with my next order, but maybe I'll give my serum (diluted or buffered) a try first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
laellis - if you have very sensitive skin, it would be good that you are going slow w/ the CPs. however - you might be able to be at full strength on the CP serum in about 2 more weeks. I was at full strength myself around the 8 wk mark and I started w/ the CP serum.

I started on the eyes w/ a sample of the Super GHK and when that was done I moved up to the Night Eyes Premier. That was probably too soon, though, because I saw some 'uglies' when I moved up (looser skin, wrinkles). So, I backed off a bit and just used emu oil and then went back on it a little slower (less product). Everything tightened up nicely after a few more weeks like that. Eyes are more delicate, so a slower approach to that area is best. Also, a good product to use during the 'ugly' stage (and maybe longer??) is the Two Timing Tightener from Skin Bio. It works pretty good at temporary tightening.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Foxe!

I wouldn't consider my skin to be overly sensitive, but I figured that it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to something powerful like CP's, especially on my face - I went straight to the TriRed full strength on my post-baby belly. I'm actually following the info you gave ages ago in this thread as per increasing the strength of CP's week by week and it seems to be working well. Yesterday I posted that I wasn't really seeing much in terms of results, but I went for a run with my group last night, who I haven't run with in close to a month, and someone actually did compliment me on my skin. Maybe they're doing more than I was originally thinking... I should have taken before pictures so that I could see for myself since sometimes it's hard to remember back to what my skin was really like... Either way, I believe that CP's will be helping my skin in the long run, so I'm glad that I found them.

I'm in Canada and the skin bio Cdn site doesn't give the nice samples that the US site gives, so it's harder to get my hands on a sample... I wonder if I could just order from the US site instead... I'd likely have to pay duties, but that's cheaper than buying a sample size product here anyways... Hmmm...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
laellis wrote:
gretchen wrote:
I even put it on my eyelids and have not noticed anything really terrible. Maybe the slightest loosening but nothing to get upset about. My upper lids are greatly improved. My whole eyelid would have to fall off for me to be upset though.

So, do you just use regular CP serum around your eyes? I only started using CP serum on my face and neck 6 weeks ago - and haven't noticed a huge improvement yet, but that could be because I'm taking it reeeeeeally slowly - but I have been keeping it away from my eyes. I was thinking of ordering one of the Night Eyes products with my next order, but maybe I'll give my serum (diluted or buffered) a try first.

After 4 months I've decided it's hit or miss. Some days my eyes look better, some days not so much. I'm diluting it around my eyes at the moment but will probably order the Night Eyes. The big crease under my left eye is greatly improved; that area seems to be just fine. It's the eyelids that don't do as well.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I found that my sensitive chest didn't like the CP or Super CP serum there too much. It does a lot better with some creams like the BND and the Body Lotion. I can also use the Skin signals there, but like the creams better. Perhaps try a different product on your eyes gretchen? Did you know you can get a full size Night Eyes or Night Eyes Premier as a bonus? Great deal!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Protect and Restore, day cream and Lacsal now for just under a month and my skin continues to look better and better, however the uglies are beginning to appear. For me the uglies are age spots rather than sagging. Overall my skin appears fresher, firmer and more even toned, but age spots that had disappeared have now reared their ugly heads again. Because I've read the info on the Skin Biology website and everyone's experiences here, I'm not concerned, but I'm awfully glad I knew in advance or I would have had a bit of a panic.

Peronally I'm finding the emu oil is too much for my skin. I've used several brands of emu oil in the past and none of them really work for my skin. Oils in general seem to sit on the surface doing nothing, no matter how little I apply. So for everyone who is thinking you must use the emu or squalane oils to get results, I'm getting results without them. I'm using the protect and restore body lotion on my neck, chest and breasts with no problems. I've only just received my second package from Skin Bio and am just about to start using the copper serim and eye cream. If I have any issues with them, I will post.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am so happy with CP's. Skin Signals, Super CP, Daycover (love this). Others I use as needed or on occasion. Emu is a bit heavy for me also. I bought Baobob oil from GoW and I use this i place of Emu now. It works for my oily skin tendancy's and sinks in better - does not lay on top or feel greasy. Great stuff. I also bought a few hyrdrosols that I am enjoying. I spritz on all day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
luckylouie - the creams already have enuf lipids (oils) in them, so using Squalene or Emu probably isn't neccessary. Good to hear they're working w/out the additional oils for you! Thanks for sharing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
sis - I'll have to look into that oil you mention. I've never heard of that one. I rarely use an oil myself since I have such oily skin, this one might be an alternative.

Actually - to push the CPs in, lately I've been using the Lactic 10. If you put that on top of the CPs, you can really feel the CPs go in. That's been a better alternative for me instead of emu oil. This method has been mentioned by Dr Pickart and his staff on their forum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the new Skin Signals Cream yet? It has BOTH the GHK and the 2nd gen CPs, plus the elastin and collegen in it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to report a couple of small things. I have a burn scar that is about 4 years old on one of my fingers. A couple of days ago i was playing with my cat who scratched me just near that burn scar. I noticed for the first time that the scar is much less visible. The colour is more like that of the surrounding skin and it doesn't look as shiny.

On the subject of buried damage - I have a scar under my left eye from having a mole burnt off when I was about 8 years old. That scar is becoming a bit more obvious and there is the tiniest bit of sagging due to that hard scar tissue being broken down. Also, while the sun spots that were visible on my forearms are looking better, I've now noticed three more sunspots that have only become visible since I started using the copper peptide products. Overall the skin on my forearms is looking better but buried damage is definitely becoming visible, so once again thanks to the skin biology website and this forum for the advance warnings.

I'm going to take a three day break from using the products to give my skin time to get used to the changes and then I'm going to order some super cop to use specifically on the sun spots and a couple of age spots on my face.

I might do what Foxe mentions as my skin is really enjoying the lactic acid cream so that would be a better alternative for me.
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I was just wondering how you know if/when you should move up in CP strengths.

I have been using the sample size of CP serum for 8-9 weeks now - I worked my way up to using it full strength very slowly and have only been using it at full strength for about a week now. I have been battling hormonal cystic acne for close to 4 years now, so I've been having a lot of old scars surfacing (it's kind of depressing because my skin is actually looking worse/blotchier than it was before I started using CP's), but that's all I've noticed so far. I have half of the bottle left and figure it should last another month or so, but when I place my next order I'm not sure if I should get another bottle of CP serum or if I should bump it up to the Super CP. What would you suggest?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yet another update. I am currently staying at my mum's house where the light in the bathroom is incredibly unforgiving and harsh and I'm really pleased with what I'm seeing. My pores definitely look smaller and my skin isn't as oily first thing in the morning. The skin near the corners of my mouth appears thicker, there are no lines at all when I smile, and the few age spots that reappeared have now begun to fade! I said I was going to take a break for a few days from the skin biology products but I haven't. I'm still using the protect and restore day cream, but at night I'm just using a tiny bit of a very basic vitamin e cream on my neck, hands and around my eyes.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
laellis wrote:
I was just wondering how you know if/when you should move up in CP strengths.

I have been using the sample size of CP serum for 8-9 weeks now - I worked my way up to using it full strength very slowly and have only been using it at full strength for about a week now. I have been battling hormonal cystic acne for close to 4 years now, so I've been having a lot of old scars surfacing (it's kind of depressing because my skin is actually looking worse/blotchier than it was before I started using CP's), but that's all I've noticed so far. I have half of the bottle left and figure it should last another month or so, but when I place my next order I'm not sure if I should get another bottle of CP serum or if I should bump it up to the Super CP. What would you suggest?

I think a lot of ppl may never *need* to move up in strength. It all depends on what your goals are. For scars, you probably do want to move up to the strongest CPs; for wrinkles - it might also be a good idea.

You could try a stronger one and see if it makes any difference for you. It did for me and I was dealing w/ some looseness/slacking skin. Not a lot of wrinkles, though. I also use the strongest CPs (spot treating) on some scars.

When I moved up in strength, I did it when my 1 oz size of CP serum was almost gone. Then I mixed the Super CP w/ the CP serum - using the same method as when I first started CPs. I would use the dilution method:

1 drop Super CP to 7 drops CP Serum
2 drops Super CP : 6 drops CP Serum
3 drops Super CP : 5 drops CP Serum

etc.....

You can try your own method, but this is what I did. I think I may have gotten impatient and didn't dilute a couple of weeks and when I did this - I noticed some 'uglies' pop up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:
Yet another update. I am currently staying at my mum's house where the light in the bathroom is incredibly unforgiving and harsh and I'm really pleased with what I'm seeing. My pores definitely look smaller and my skin isn't as oily first thing in the morning. The skin near the corners of my mouth appears thicker, there are no lines at all when I smile, and the few age spots that reappeared have now begun to fade! I said I was going to take a break for a few days from the skin biology products but I haven't. I'm still using the protect and restore day cream, but at night I'm just using a tiny bit of a very basic vitamin e cream on my neck, hands and around my eyes.

That's great news! Thanks for sharing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing that LL
And Foxe - I'm going to try the lactic 10 sample on top of my skin signals tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I think a lot of ppl may never *need* to move up in strength. It all depends on what your goals are. For scars, you probably do want to move up to the strongest CPs; for wrinkles - it might also be a good idea.

You could try a stronger one and see if it makes any difference for you. It did for me and I was dealing w/ some looseness/slacking skin. Not a lot of wrinkles, though. I also use the strongest CPs (spot treating) on some scars.

When I moved up in strength, I did it when my 1 oz size of CP serum was almost gone. Then I mixed the Super CP w/ the CP serum - using the same method as when I first started CPs. I would use the dilution method:

1 drop Super CP to 7 drops CP Serum
2 drops Super CP : 6 drops CP Serum
3 drops Super CP : 5 drops CP Serum

etc.....

You can try your own method, but this is what I did. I think I may have gotten impatient and didn't dilute a couple of weeks and when I did this - I noticed some 'uglies' pop up.

Thanks Foxe! I think I'll wait until I'm closer to the end of my 1oz of CP serum and then give the Super CP serum a try. I'm definitely going to follow your dilution method too since that's what I followed when I first started CP's and it worked well for me (no irritation or "uglies"). You mentioned putting Lactic 10 over your CP's to push them in... I've been using an emu/tamanu blend, which seems to work fine for me since I don't mind the oiliness overnight, but I wonder if I could use my LacSal cream or Exfol serun over the CP's and then put my oils on top... Maybe I'll give it a try...

I realize that this is a long term process, but I really wasn't expecting my skin to look worse for this long. My skin wasn't perfect when I started, but I guess the one or two pimples I always seemed to have left their mark beneath the surface of my skin and now they're all coming up. My skin feels smoother than it did before, but there are so many little red marks that it's impossible for me to be seen in public without a pretty thick layer of MMU on, and I really don't like wearing much foundation. I just got some Retin-A, so I'm going to start out alternating that with CP's in the evenings until I get used to it. Hopefully the combination of the two will give me the results I'm hoping for...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I know all about the "uglies" that can appear after using CPs, but I don't know what you're supposed to do when it happens. Are you supposed to keep going and deal with it, or do you stop using the CPs until the uglies go away? Anybody have the answer to this?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I really want to start using CP's but am confused.

I have dry skin, somewhat sensitive, some pigmentation and some sagging (which are my two main concerns) few wrinkles and some broken caps. I have had two IPL treatments for these and am due to have a 3rd late next week. These are definately working but costly!

What CP's would you suggest I start with. Also did the sun bed tanning thing and covered my face! but now my neck and chest area need help, so am really interested in using them on these areas.

at the moment I use..

AM
Cleanse with Akin Cleanser
Paula's Choice Antioxidant Serum
Paula's Choice Resist Serum
Skin Actives I Bright Cream (which I am not real keen on)
Paula's Choice Moisturisier
Neutrogena Face Sunscreen SPF30

PM
Basically the same without the Sunscreen.

I also use an LED about 4 times a week.

Next on my list is NCN PP and mircofibe cloth.

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated..thanks..x
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Without more detailed information on the products you're using, it's hard to give specific advice. But, if any of the products in your routine have Vitamin C in them, I would use them at the opposite end of the day from a Copper Peptide product.

You can try this suggestion if you want to introduce CPs into your routine:

Keep your morning routine the same and at night, after cleansing - add a CP product to it. You may continue to use your moisturizer, but a better one to use w/ CPs is either Emu oil or Squalane oil. They act as 'pushers' for the CPs and will enhance their effects. It's a good idea to add an exfoliator to your routine, too, as it will help to remove the damaged skin and let the CPs work better. NCN's Pumpkin Peel is great as is her microfiber cloth. Skin Bio also has some gentle exfoliators that can be used on a daily basis. You could try one of those and also subtitute the NCN PP once a week.

PM
cleanse
exfoliate - AHA, cloth or PP
treat - CP of your choice
moisturize - emu or squalane oil

A good CP for dry skin (and is a gentle one to start with) is the Protect and Restore with Retinol. The retinol in it is very moisturizing. For the sag - the Skin Signals is very good (it has CPs, plus added collegen and elastin). Try one of them and get a sample of the other. Skin Bio has a good free sample program.

When you use an acid to exfoliate with, use a wait time afterwards to let the acid work. You should wait about 30 minutes or so. Then apply the CPs. Skin Bio's AHA and BHA acids are leave-on ones, so apply, then wait 30 minutes, then apply the CPs. You should wait after the Pumpkin Peel too (it's an AHA).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:09 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the advice foxe,

just a few more questions...if I may. Very Happy

would the Squalane Moisturiser be ok? it does not say its an oil?

also would you go with the LacSal or the Exfol?

and finally if I continue with my regime in the morning and use the CP's at night can I then exfoliate in the morning before my AM regime? or does it need to be done in the evening before the PM regime? It seems that I leave the exfoliator on for at least 30 mins? is that correct?

I really appreciate you taking the time to help..xx
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
thanks for the advice foxe,

You're welcome Smile

Quote:
just a few more questions...if I may. Very Happy

would the Squalane Moisturiser be ok? it does not say its an oil?

That would work fine. You should also look at the Retinol in Squalane. It's designed for dry skin.
Quote:
also would you go with the LacSal or the Exfol?

Lacsal would be better for dry skin, the Exfol (straight BHA) is meant for oilier skin. They also have a new one called Lactic Power 10 which is really nice. It has a cream base. It's a lactic acid which is an AHA. AHAs tend to work on the surface of the skin more than a BHA would. That's better for dryer and sun damaged type skin.

Quote:
and finally if I continue with my regime in the morning and use the CP's at night can I then exfoliate in the morning before my AM regime? or does it need to be done in the evening before the PM regime? It seems that I leave the exfoliator on for at least 30 mins? is that correct?
You can do it either way. Find the one that works for you the best. It is preferable to leave a 20-30 minute wait after using an acid before applying another product.

I

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |