Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
I know all about the "uglies" that can appear after using CPs, but I don't know what you're supposed to do when it happens. Are you supposed to keep going and deal with it, or do you stop using the CPs until the uglies go away? Anybody have the answer to this?

I didn't see your question eariler beann, sorry. I've done both methods when I saw the uglies - stopped using them and plugging my way throught the uglies. It might depend on what events you have coming up if you want to plug away at using them.

I found out that my skin ended up getting use to them after a while and that I didn't get the uglies anymore. It took a while, but they did eventually stop showing up. Your skin does need to get use to CPs.

If you stop for a couple of days, you can try just using some emu oil or (even better) some Two Timing Tightener. The TTT works great during the ugly stage. Dilute the CPs when you go back, as your skin was probably not ready for that strength yet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Whew!
I just finished reading this whole thread Foxe I was wondering what your opinion on using the exfoliant before my DIY Vit C serum at night and using the CP's in the morning? My goal is to not have any wait time in the morning before work routine. I can wait between both the exfoliater and the Vit C serum at night.

Also I have been remiss in using SS for the last 5 years since I knew I did not want chemical SS and I knew nothing about the physicals until hearing about them here on EDS. I live in the Pacific NW is the day cover enough in the winter?

Thank you to everyone for your expertise!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
kmaya - using your exfoliator before the Vit C serum would work just fine. I don't think you need to wait as long as 30 minutes though. Probably around 15-20. The pH of a Vit C serum should be pretty low itself and *shouldn't* interfer w/ the exfoliator. Of course, waiting is best - so if you can make the time, do it that way.

On the Day Cover - it would be perfect for you and where you live in the winter. The Day Cover is mostly the P&R Lotion w/ a little bit of TiO2 added to it for extra protection. The CPs in it act as an anti-oxidant and they also have other natural anti-oxidants to offer sun protection. Considering that the CPs are also 'anti-aging', it's a great SS for everyday. It's not a strong one, but is effective enough. I use it in the hot, sunny midwest for the summer under my MMU and my face doesn't get any sun. I may need a little extra something on my nose, though, if I'm out all day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Minor update - I've been using skin biology products for about a month. I've had no irritation and am now using fairly strong products on my skin.

AM - Regular strength copper peptide serum followed by Copper Sun cream (ran out of protect and restore day cover)

PM -Skin Signals serum followed by Lacsal cream.

I am using all of these products around my eyes with no problems, however I don't have particularly sensitive skin. So far the only "uglies" I've experienced are some sun spots on my right forearm coming to light, and the scar under my left eye from where a mole was burnt off now looks more prominent, although no one else would probably notice it.

The update is that in the last week three people have asked me if I lost weight (I haven't). I asked them why they thought I had lost weight and all three said that my neck and chin area were looking slimmer, so there definitely is a firming effect. Overall the skin looks firmer around the eyes too and the colour is more even.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
That is a great promotion for the firming effects of CP's.
Congratulations.

I didn't think you should put lacsal over the CP's although I did read on Skin Biology people using the Lac10 product over so I guess ' what's the diff?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
luckielouie - that's great to hear about the firming of your neck. I remember when I saw some drastic changes in my neck when I first used CPs there. There were some uglies first, then some firming. My horizontal lines got red, RED, RED and then smoothed out. It was weird. I took pics of these changes, so I could see them for myself.

sis - I wondered about using other exfoliators on TOP of the CPs myself. I have tried the Lactic 10, but not others. For product penetration, it might be fine. For exfoliation, I'd think using it before the CPs w/ a 20-30 minute wait time is best.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:45 am      Reply with quote
This is another thread that I am greatly interested in. I've just ordered their shampoo and conditioner as well as the folligen spray and emu oil for hair. I do hope that this combination will help me grow lots of hair fast! (where they are suppose to grow..) Embarassed
I'm now thinking very hard on WHEN I should incorporate CPs as part of my skincare routine. I've just started on KH range of products (and just ordered more too..) and am not sure if I should wait before starting on CPs.
My dilema is that while I want to have no outbreaks, less sagging, less wrinkles etc etc..however I am also afraid of the 'uglies' transition period where the duration differs for individuals (bride to be next year)
But with all the good reviews of this 'too-good-to-be-true' CP technology...I can't stop thinking about it!
Any suggestions? Please?
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bree,

I just started using CP's in July and I didn't have any "uglies". I followed foxe's recommendation of starting very slowly (diluted with water for about 8 weeks working my way up to full strength with the regular CP serum). I did find that some red spots, likely from old buried acne scarring, came to the surface, but those spots are long gone now. And any new acne that pops up - I'm still having issues with hormonal acne - heals much faster. I can't say that I've noticed a significant change/improvement in my skin yet, but I haven't been using them for that long yet. Just thought I'd share my experience with you...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I just have to ask...
What happens if somebody accidentally puts on CP's after their Vit C serum.
I just switched my regimen around a couple days ago and I got confused this morning and put my CP's on about 3 hours after my C serum. Will I turn into a frog or something? Very Happy
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
It won't cause any kind of reaction, the CP's
just make the Vit.C serum ineffective but if I remember correctly that might not even be true.

I try to seperate them by approx. 12 hrs. just to be sure. It would be a shame to be applying the C serum for nothing.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bree - Another KH lover here and I use CP's. I recently bought more KH V2 (My favorite along with the eye cream) and I plan to continue CP's along with the KH. I am going to use CP's in the morning (skin signals, followed by TTT, followed by BHO, followed by Day Cover). Night time will be an exfoliant (such as LacSal), wait 20 minutes and then put on VK2. Wait and Baobob oil or Hemp Seed over after about 20 minutes. I love VK2 and have missed it - took it out of the rotation for a while. I really want to use it now that I'm dermarolling and using LEDS more consistantly. I'm having some great results - very cumulative with the CP's and KH products give a glow and a fresh look.
Tonight I was with some people I don't know well and they were saying things: "when you get to be our age" etc. and I know I'm as old or older than some but I didn't tell. All the money and time spent on skin health really pays off. You just have to find "your way" and the products and methodology that works for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
C serums and CP's should be separated by 12 hours. The CP's inactivate the C serum. I love C serums and believe in them but taking a break for a month or two to use VK2 consistantly with CPs and see what happens. The last time I used VK2 I was using C serums and had great results with the combo.
A few times a week I'll continue with retin A also - not sure how I'm going to do that just yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:39 am      Reply with quote
sis - I'm glad you could answer the question about KH - I've never used that line.

The thing about CPs and Vit C is that the 2nd generation CPs can make the Vit C ineffective. BUT, using a Vit C serum and a 1st generation CP (one that has GHK in it) will cause the GHK to be ineffective. The GHK is more delicate than the 2nd gen CPs. At Skin Bio, the 1st gen CPs are the Super GHK serum and Super GHK cream. All the others are 2nd gens, but GHK(along with a 2nd CP) is found in the Skin Signals Cream and the Suntanning Lotion.

Kinda confusing, so just separate them by 12 hours or so and you'll be good to go.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ok Foxe THANK YOU for clarification! I want to get your input for my next step. I ordered the Super GHK cream only from NCN to try and see how my dry sensitive 50 yr old skin would do. So far I like it. My problem is that ever since last May, I started the Face2flaunt products from L2K and it caused me to get more blackheads. I have tried lactic acid weekly peels (40-55%) and the lip exfoliater on my face (recommended by Kandis). Nothing has helped lots. When I asked Nanci what I should use since I am getting more blackheads she suggested the microfiber cloth only (I've used it daily for 2 weeks)and no chemicals except the pumpkin peel. I tried once 10 days ago for 3 minutes. Last night I could tell I am getting more blackheads. They are small but increasing. I want to try the CP serum per your suggestion but I'm wondering if I should resolve the blackhead situation first or should I move up to the 2nd generation serum sooner? I have been using the Super GHK cream for about 2 weeks with no problems. Sorry this is so long, I've been wanting to ask about the blackheads but I keep putting it off thinking I will resolve it. Any suggestions will be very appreciated.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Foxe, have you tried the Skin Signals cream? Just wondering how it would compare to using the SS serum.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I would be curious to know how it compares also.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Thank u all for ur helpful advise! I just ordered a GHK cream as well as a Lacsal cream (even though my GOW and MAMA are still quite full...but well, it wasnt easy to get skinbiology.stuff on sale and reasonable international shipping...)
I am usually not the ultra sensitive type but since im changing products quite abit so i decided to play safe and go for the safest one.
Cant wait for all my stash to arrive!
*Hello fresh young skin!!! Bye and never see u again my loose wrinklies!* Very Happy
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Sistersweets how long have you been using CP's?
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question about zinc sunscreen & copper peptides. I use CP Serum at night & bought Coppertone Sensitive Skin spf 50 with 14% zinc to use when at home. Not sure is the zinc is micronized etc or if that makes a difference. Is a high % of zinc going to interfere with the copper?
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Gretchen,
When I talked to Nanci form NCN she said the zinc might cause enlarged pores. Even though she mixes them with no problem she says why take a chance? That's why I switched my CP's to night time and Vit C to morning since most SS's have zinc and I don't want to worry. Since I don't have time to wait 20 min's for my Vit C to sink in on my work days I figured I'll just do it right 3-4 days a week and put stuff immediately over it the rest of the time. It will still likely give me some benefit. So now I don't worry about the zinc.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
kmaya - I used CP's a few years ago and really liked them but there was some bad press on EDS that made me nervous so I stopped using them. From my own standpoint I thought they were great although I will say the SkinBiology site back them was not helpful as it is today in choosing product.
I am back using CP's since - hmmm I think spring - maybe May or earlier. And going strong. I've recently started doing full body peels and using CP's all over. The goal is to really firm up with the CP's as well as exercise and youth-inize my skin. We'll see how it goes.
Facially I use Super CP and Skin Signals and I spot treat with Super cop (and 2X). I also use TTT.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
kmaya wrote:
Ok Foxe THANK YOU for clarification! I want to get your input for my next step. I ordered the Super GHK cream only from NCN to try and see how my dry sensitive 50 yr old skin would do. So far I like it. My problem is that ever since last May, I started the Face2flaunt products from L2K and it caused me to get more blackheads. I have tried lactic acid weekly peels (40-55%) and the lip exfoliater on my face (recommended by Kandis). Nothing has helped lots. When I asked Nanci what I should use since I am getting more blackheads she suggested the microfiber cloth only (I've used it daily for 2 weeks)and no chemicals except the pumpkin peel. I tried once 10 days ago for 3 minutes. Last night I could tell I am getting more blackheads. They are small but increasing. I want to try the CP serum per your suggestion but I'm wondering if I should resolve the blackhead situation first or should I move up to the 2nd generation serum sooner? I have been using the Super GHK cream for about 2 weeks with no problems. Sorry this is so long, I've been wanting to ask about the blackheads but I keep putting it off thinking I will resolve it. Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

Kmaya – you might want to consider getting those darn blackheads under control – have you tried a retinoid like Retin A? That would help considerably and can be used along side CPs. You might also consider that something you’re putting on your face is not agreeing with you and clogging up your skin. I found that to happen when I used 302 skin care last year – I got LOADS of blackheads and blemishes. My skin just didn’t like some of their products (and I had really hoped it would). For the CPs, switching to a serum based one would help you if your skin is reacting to certain ingredients (and getting clogged up). You may have to be a sleuth and see what the ingredient is or just try stopping something for a while and see if you clear up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Thanks Foxe, have you tried the Skin Signals cream? Just wondering how it would compare to using the SS serum.

Yes – I’ve tried one of their samples of it. It’s very nice – a creamier version and is an intense blue-green color. The color isn’t noticeable after application, and it seems to absorb fairly quickly. It has helped some blemishes of mine heal faster than using the stronger CPs when they haven’t quite dried up yet (CPs are suppose to be applied when blemishes are starting to dry out and not still oozing). The GHK in it seems to work differently than the 2nd gen CPs for certain situations. I’ve only spot treated with it, though, since my oily skin likes the serums better than the creams. It would make a really nice eye cream, though. Personally, I really like the Skin Signals Serum the most lately. I use that one all over and spot treat with either the Super CP serum or SC2X.

Edited to add:The one thing that is really nice about the Skin Signals CREAM is that it contains both the GHK and 2nd gen CPs along with the elastin and collagen. The Skin Signals Serum doesn't have the GHK in it(but does have the other ingredients).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
I have a question about zinc sunscreen & copper peptides. I use CP Serum at night & bought Coppertone Sensitive Skin spf 50 with 14% zinc to use when at home. Not sure is the zinc is micronized etc or if that makes a difference. Is a high % of zinc going to interfere with the copper?

Gretchen – I’ll use a zinc based SS on days when I need extra protection, but otherwise – I just use the Day cover or my MMU for SS (they work great). But, SB has said you can use the CP in the morning and give it time to soak in (5-10 minutes) and then apply something like emu oil for an added layer of protection before putting on your zinc based SS. It’d probably be OK to leave out that oil layer if you wanted to – I think it’s most important to just let the CPs soak in for a while. Just keep an eye out for ‘enlarged pores’ since that seems to be the complaint with using those 2 together. Doing what kmaya does is a great solution to that dilemma.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
double post! I knew that would happen when it started to bog down.

might as well ask a question to y'all here.

Has anyone tried using the Folligen lotion on their eyelashes?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |