Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Brierrose. That does make sense that it would depend upon the amount of damage a person has!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone else get discolouration on their hands from using Skin Signals? The palm of my left hand is brown from where I dole out the required amount - and the nails on my right hand are discoloured because I use that hand to apply CPs to my face. I've tried lemon juice to try and get rid of it, but it doesn't work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Does anyone else get discolouration on their hands from using Skin Signals? The palm of my left hand is brown from where I dole out the required amount - and the nails on my right hand are discoloured because I use that hand to apply CPs to my face. I've tried lemon juice to try and get rid of it, but it doesn't work.

I've had that happen to me occassionally on my palm. It does go away. Try using an exfoliator, keliu

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl - excellent review. Thank you for sharing that. Your analogy of the ebb and flow is a good one. I think I've seen that happen, too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I've had that happen to me occassionally on my palm. It does go away. Try using an exfoliator, keliu

It's the brown under my nails that looks ugly!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm keliu - does nail polish remover get rid of it?

If you're using the Skin Signals solution in the pump bottle, have you tried spraying it directly on your face instead of the palm of your hand?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Hmm keliu - does nail polish remover get rid of it?

If you're using the Skin Signals solution in the pump bottle, have you tried spraying it directly on your face instead of the palm of your hand?

Yes, I have - but then I still use my hand to rub it in. And, no, nail polish remover doesn't get rid of it.

Am I the only one who has this problem?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thank you, hotdocgirl. This is a great review!

I do have a question for anyone that knows regarding the ebb and flow that you describe. I was reading on the skinbiology site, and there was a man that stated he has had this same reaction for 8 years, where the skin looks good, and then looks bad again. So, my question is how long can the ebb and flow go on, and should one still be expecting that after 8 years? I am not sure I could put up with that for so long, and wonder if it is even a good thing after all that ti
Also could you please post your entire skin care routine, as it sounds like you are getting great results! Thanks again for taking your time to give such a thorough review!

Hello Riley = The man with the 8 years on Skin Biology has AMAZING SKIN. The poster is John from the SB forums who has been using CPs for 8+ yrs is 51 & looks like he is 18 despite some residual scars. The pictures are there to see. He's obviously staying for a reason. (8 years! - how many of us have stayed with a product for that long). Obviously something is working.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - I have never had that problem - If I could help I would. Lemon juice?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I should add I still plan on using CP's but would most likely feel most comfortable with the GHK-Cu first generation if I could figure out which SERUM/S those are! Smile

Here DM I figured it out for you....

These are first generation and found on EDS:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinbiology-super-ghk-cop-p_10044.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinbiology-super-ghk-cop-p_12051.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
I should add I still plan on using CP's but would most likely feel most comfortable with the GHK-Cu first generation if I could figure out which SERUM/S those are! Smile

Here DM I figured it out for you....

These are first generation and found on EDS:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinbiology-super-ghk-cop-p_10044.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinbiology-super-ghk-cop-p_12051.htm

Thanks anyway, I already got my answer from a trusted member!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:52 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hello Riley = The man with the 8 years on Skin Biology has AMAZING SKIN. The poster is John from the SB forums who has been using CPs for 8+ yrs is 51 & looks like he is 18 despite some residual scars. The pictures are there to see. He's obviously staying for a reason. (8 years! - how many of us have stayed with a product for that long). Obviously something is working.

Yes, I agree that he has good skin. I also agree with you, and no one I know of has stayed with a product for 8 years.

However, my question was about the ebb and flow, how long that can go on, and if it is a good or bad thing! Brierrose's answer makes sense to me, yet I would think after 8 years all of that man's damage would be gone!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:25 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Sorry, didn't make it back in time to edit. Off topic, but I also wanted to say that I saw "stoneys" photos on the SB board, as well, and that lady is gorgeous and quite an inspiration to use CP's!

I actually have been thinking about this ebb and flow thing, and maybe it is not CP related at all? Meaning, we all have good and bad days with our skin, so maybe this is just a natural thing and not necessarily related to CP's?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Yes, I have - but then I still use my hand to rub it in. And, no, nail polish remover doesn't get rid of it.

Am I the only one who has this problem?

I've noticed it a few times recently, but it has gone away. I've always put the serums in the palm of my left hand and a certain spot had darkened up a bit. I did notice(after you asked about it) that the 'spot' was gone. Not sure why it was there or how it disappeared, though. I've changed up my cleanser recently, maybe something to do w/ that (the old one?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Ohhh - now I'm off to see those pics you're all talking about.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I have seen stoney's pics before (had forgotten) and she does look fantastic. Had NOT seen John's, and he does look very young with some good skin, too. He can definitely pass for someone 30 yrs old.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my Skin Signals solution. It's in a spray bottle. For some reason I thought it was going to be creamy...hmmm. Oh well I was wondering the best way to apply to get the most out of using the least. Keliu you said you spray it in your hand? How many pumps usually?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
kmaya wrote:
I just received my Skin Signals solution. It's in a spray bottle. For some reason I thought it was going to be creamy...hmmm. Oh well I was wondering the best way to apply to get the most out of using the least. Keliu you said you spray it in your hand? How many pumps usually?

There's both a cream and solution - you've obviously bought the solution. I spray two pumps into my cupped palm and then apply. But I'd be interest to hear how much others use. I found that by spraying it directly on my face, I used too much.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu,
I just went back and checked EDS and sure enough the day after I ordered my SS they added the SS lotion. LOL I'll obviously try the serum first.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:02 am      Reply with quote
At the risk of upsetting everyone and sending this thread in a negative direction (which isn't my intention - I want CPs to work as much as everyone else) I just have to comment on a post recently made by Dr Pickart regarding a poster who happens to disagree with his take on Hyaluronic Acid and Zinc sunscreens. He posted today:

Quote:
For Skin Biology, as they say, "Any publicity is good publicity". Our sales are at record levels.

With the help of some wizards who are computer sleuths, we know exactly who the two people are that are doing this. Their life history is one of pressing their personal self-destruct buttons again, and again, and again.......

They should try getting a real life.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8000084653/m/7901069006/p/3

Are we really to believe that Dr Pickart is employing computer hackers to find out the identify of persons who disagree with his ideology. Would you want anyone hacking into your life to discover personal details?

Seriously, I'm becoming very disillusioned.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:45 am      Reply with quote
He is quite a nut, and the unprofessionalism is unbelievable! With that being said, I am liking CPs. But now that EDS and NCN both carry skin signals - I will no longer order directly from Skin Biology. I know at the end of the day it is all the same, but somehow that just makes me feel just a little bit better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:01 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
He is quite a nut, and the unprofessionalism is unbelievable! With that being said, I am liking CPs. But now that EDS and NCN both carry skin signals - I will no longer order directly from Skin Biology. I know at the end of the day it is all the same, but somehow that just makes me feel just a little bit better.

I agree erg, it is appearing more and more that the man has some serious problems and this has taken things to a whole new level of crazy. Rolling Eyes I received my Retin A yesterday at last and I still plan on trying out the SkinBio copper peptides, but my purchases won't be made directly at that site after seeing that insanity! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls,

I wanted to report back..I think someone asked me what my routine is..

...I'm still finding my way... but I do want to let some of you know..that skin signals cream and skin signals serum are different. they are not the same with different delivery systems.

Skin Signals serum is stronger than Super Cp serum.. ok? So don't go putting that on your face without building up to it.

Skin signals cream is one step stronger than cp serum...which is where most people start and is where I started.

After using cp serum for more than 8 weeks I wanted to go to skin signals cream, mostly because of all the great things I read about it. I ordered skin signals serum as my samples..got two small bottles. It is said to be great for tightening. So, since it is so strong. I'm only using that a few times a week..and using the cream every morning.
On SB site..someone posted that they layer the two and get really great results. But I'm going to wait to make sure I build up first.

As for the ebb and flow thing I said? I think it happens as long as there is work to be done. Some on cp's have serious skin issues and scaring that takes so much work and dedication to get rid of. That is why there are so many products and confusion.

For the exfoliation part of the program.. I give myself a glycolic peel every few weeks. and an aspirin mask too..and use my clarsonic daily for exfoliation.

I was on retin a for years and went off this summer..just started again..I really believe in it..so I use that at night and the cp's in the morning.
As for Dr. Pickart? He actually wrote me a detailed email response with clear ideas for my skin..which I appreciated. Yet..some of his responses on SB are odd. I think it is just a scientific type who can answer short and rude sometimes. I think his science is really geared to help disfigured scarred people have hope..and he falters once in a while..in dealing with people like..yeah me..who just wants to look younger.
No matter the opinion on him...cp's are cheap.. i think this will be the cheapest face lift any of us could ever get! lol

Good luck..
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi hotdocgirl! I was the one who asked about your routine. Thank you for sharing it.

I have been using the GHK, but just bought the Skin Signals cream and got the eye product as my sample.

I want to know if I can use that at the same time as the Skin Signals cream? I use Refissa. I normally use the GHK first and then the Refissa on top of it. How would I combine Skin Signals cream and Refissa? (I have another product that I am going to be trialing during the day, so I don't want to use the CP's at that time.)
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Hi girls,

I wanted to report back..I think someone asked me what my routine is..

thanks for coming back & sharing hotdocgirl.

Quote:
...I'm still finding my way... but I do want to let some of you know..that skin signals cream and skin signals serum are different. they are not the same with different delivery systems.

true - they are a bit different, but both have the collagen and elastin in them. The Skin Signals CREAM is a 'cream' with both a 2nd gen CP and the 1st gen CP - aka: GHK - in it; and the Skin Signals SERUM is watery, with only 2nd gen CPs in it (both having the collagen and elastin, though).

Quote:
Skin Signals serum is stronger than Super Cp serum.. ok? So don't go putting that on your face without building up to it.

Skin signals cream is one step stronger than cp serum...which is where most people start and is where I started.

I don't think this is true. From what I understand, the Skin Signals CREAM (with both GHK and 2nd Gen CPs) might be just below or about the same as regular CP Serum. BUT, with the added collagen and elastin - it will definitely work differently and *could* be considered 'stronger' in some terms since it does a bit more in the firming/tightening business. I think the CP Serum might have a bit more 2nd gen copper peptides in it than the Skin Signals Cream, but I am not quite sure of that. Two totally different animals, so hard to compare.

The Skin Signals SERUM, on the other hand, might be between the CP Serum and the Super CP Serum (at least that was what was discussed when it first came out) in strength. But, again, because of the added collagen and elastin - it will work differently (better??) for firming and is hard to put into the same category. Super CP Serum is a good one for scar treatment, though.

Quote:
On SB site..someone posted that they layer the two and get really great results. But I'm going to wait to make sure I build up first.

I think the layering that is discussed on the SB Forum is with the Super GHK and Skin signals serum? Would have to run check on that, though.

The person who was doing that did so before the Skin Signals Cream came out, so he already had the products. Skin Signals Cream combines the 2 now.

Quote:
No matter the opinion on him...cp's are cheap.. i think this will be the cheapest face lift any of us could ever get! lol

I agree on this. Smile

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |