Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Keeping the LAA in the AM, now my only other thing to figure out is how to fit in my tetra C (THDA) oil blend! Laughing

I apply LAA, wait, then apply the oil soluble C (which is incorporated in Rosehip and Pomegranate Oil).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Keeping the LAA in the AM, now my only other thing to figure out is how to fit in my tetra C (THDA) oil blend! Laughing

I apply LAA, wait, then apply the oil soluble C (which is incorporated in Rosehip and Pomegranate Oil).

I should have thought that way, but it's been habit to use the LAA am and Tetra pm! LOL

Thanks Keliu, I am glad your brain is working correctly! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there Star wave Welcome back. I guess you've noticed:
The rhetoric has changed a bit on the CP front....

Do you use the skin signals cream too? or any of the Super GHK products? I am amazed at how much I like GHK cream. I got a sample and fell in love - full size on it's way (compliments of EDS voucher yay!). CP's are such an individual product in how one's skin reacts best or least to certain ones. I always expected my oily skin would be best served with serums but it's not true. Next go 'round I'll be buying Skin Signals Cream.
Thanks for stopping in. Don't be a stranger. We can use your guidance.

Star Model wrote:
Hi All, Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. So forgive me for not following the thread all the way through. I did read the last few pages for the latest update.

Saw some very good advice coming from some newcomers to CPs. Also noticed DarkMoon getting into the game? Surprised me, but then again, I guess not.

Boy, things have changed a bit since I last visited. Beware of those dreaded *uglies* DM. Smile

The new Skin Signals Cream is a great product for those looking solely for anti-aging vs. more complicated issues like scar reduction.

Foxe & Sweets, glad to see you are both still around & doing well.

Keliu, You may want to try using soap, water & a nail brush for any CPs that pool up under your nails. That is what I do - works beautifully! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
CP's are such an individual product in how one's skin reacts best or least to certain one

This is a really good points sister sweets and one that I have been thinking about. I really do like the Skin Signals Cream (I have just started applying everyday this week). I am thinking with my next order I want to try GHK even though it is a milder CP just to shake it up. What an adventure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi there Erg wave - that's why I wanted to try the GHK - apparently all of these products work/interact differently with the skin and I decided I wanted to hit the GHK range.

You don't know how it works for you until you try it. Yep - you sure nailed it - an Adventure...

I too like skin signals - use the serum and have actually tested most of the products. I like the daycream as light sun protection. Will likely keep buying that and copper sun for summer. Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Quote:
CP's are such an individual product in how one's skin reacts best or least to certain one

This is a really good points sister sweets and one that I have been thinking about. I really do like the Skin Signals Cream (I have just started applying everyday this week). I am thinking with my next order I want to try GHK even though it is a milder CP just to shake it up. What an adventure!

Hi erg,

I feel comfortable with the GHK because I know (not how strong) I have used them in the neutrogena visibly firm serum and cream in the past, they are totally different then the second generation in my opinion so for me it's a matter of using what I am most comfortable with. LOL I did also buy the skin signals for later, So we will see on my skin and those? Another consideration was using above the eyes, and the mildest makes most sense for my very easily irritated eyes? Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Just to clarify - does Dr P frown on the use of zinc in all applications (like on babies' bottoms) or just in combination with CPs?

No, Dr. Pickart does not frown on zinc at all.

He does advice if using a zinc oxide sunscreen to keep it away from CPs though. Otherwise the zinc will diminish the effectiveness of the copper - Zinc eats copper.

So you either have to buffer it or understand that using them together will reduce the effectiveness of your CP. That is one reason some use CPs twice a day and the reason he feels Titanium Dioxide SS's work better with CPs, for simplicity's sake.

He is only being honest about the diminished effects when combining the 2 - meant for those who can wrap their head around it. The rest will just make a fuss. Confused
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Just to clarify - does Dr P frown on the use of zinc in all applications (like on babies' bottoms) or just in combination with CPs?

No, Dr. Pickart does not frown on zinc at all.

He does advice if using a zinc oxide sunscreen to keep it away from CPs though. Otherwise the zinc will diminish the effectiveness of the copper - Zinc eats copper.

So you either have to buffer it or understand that using them together will reduce the effectiveness of your CP. That is one reason some use CPs twice a day and the reason he feels Titanium Dioxide SS's work better with CPs, for simplicity's sake.

He is only being honest about the diminished effects when combining the 2 - meant for those who can wrap their head around it. The rest will just make a fuss. Confused

But it's ok if we use Zinc in the AM and CPs in the PM - right?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Yes, Absolutely! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Yes, Absolutely! Very Happy

Keliu,

I have just hung up with a lovely lady at skinbio and she is the second lady that I have spoken to there that said very few people have any issues with zinc and CP's but separate am and pm is fine.
Very interesting they have removed all warnings about using LAA and Copper Peptides together! As she said what may be seen as a potential issue in the lab, turns out not to apply in real life! Many of their customers have used a vitamin C serum or cream with CP's for years with no ill effects reported at all. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Very interesting they have removed all warnings about using LAA and Copper Peptides together! As she said what may be seen as a potential issue in the lab, turns out not to apply in real life! Many of their customers have used a vitamin C serum or cream with CP's for years with no ill effects reported at all. Smile

Really? That's interesting - although there have always been varying opinions on the use of LAA and CPs together.

I'm currently combining Osmosis Vit C Powder with their Replenish Serum which does contain CP (it is recommended to do this). But I was a bit concerned that this might be detrimental. Guess I won't worry about it now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I know we have seen Osmosis and Isomers using a form of a copper peptide together with LAA and wondered, but this has come straight from the horses mouth so to speak. They (skinbio) are saying it's not an issue for people at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know! I was even a bit hesitant to use my Tetra C after CPs.

I am purchasing NCN's CP Accelerator tomorrow - supposed to be a great compliment to the CPs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Good to know! I was even a bit hesitant to use my Tetra C after CPs.

I am purchasing NCN's CP Accelerator tomorrow - supposed to be a great compliment to the CPs.

It's funny erg,
I was calling to check on an order since no email had shown up and was reading the thread as I waited for her to check so I asked about the physical ss's and mmu, then she told me that they were also removing the warning on their site about combining LAA with CP's! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting post on Skin Bio: http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7270023352/m/6061029006?r=7851095306#7851095306

Here is a quote from one of the long time CPs users who seems to know what he is talking about:
"But the Skin Signals and GHK are different. There needs to be sufficient Collagen and Elastin fragment in the case of SS to for them to achieve their purpose and the GHK is again a different copper that stimulates Collagen type I rather then the Collagen Type III by the second generations. So there needs to be sufficient copper for it to achieve their purpose.

They do combine those in the Skin Signals Cream. But its a compromise product. Dosen't have the remolding strength of SS serum or the full compliment of GHK like Super GHK. Its designed more for Mild remdeling, remodeling delicate areas or a maintenance"

Hmmm.. I was thinking about getting the GHK serum as a compliment to Skin Signals Cream.
Any thoughts on this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutley erg. I will definitely be trying this route myself. I may even put the skin signals serum - wait a minute or two and then put the GHK cream on top. I'm cool with doing that since it's on it's way. The cream will likely seal the deal on the serum and I'll get a twofer!

For some reason Dark Moon I thought you didn't want to order from Skin Biology. Did you change your mind?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Gotta love a twofer!!
Thanks... this is why I am addicted to this forum. I learn so much.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Very Happy Thanks erg. you're sweet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Gotta love a twofer!!
Thanks... this is why I am addicted to this forum. I learn so much.

Smile

I am going slow and gentle erg, mainly because of the sensitivity around my eyes, that's why I am holding off on anything stronger than the GHK alone for now at least. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Everybody. Well, I'm in! I bought GHK Serum and Night Eyes. I just got them yesterday. Last night, I applied Night Eyes very lightly all over my face. It felt dry. So, about 2 min. later, I tapped a tiny bit of water onto my face. About, 30 min. after that, I massaged my face with hempseed oil. I don't know why I decided I'd try Night Eyes all over my face first, but that's what I did. This morning after I cleansed my face, I applied some glycolic acid cream (mild). I think I should have saved that for tonight. Confused
When should I use GHK serum? I know it's very mild. Is it ok to use daily?
My issues now are very rough texture around my mouth and my chin!!! Also, my eyes are getting hooded. Thank you to all of you who provide us with such valuable information. I REALLY appreciate it. Oh, how do I edit my signature info? I forgot how to do it and I can't figure it out. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 am      Reply with quote
HI Mars,
the GHK serums are the most mild of all the CPs and most apply them daily. You might want to start off every other day and work up (that is just me.. I tend to take a more conservative approach).

AHAs should not be used at the same time as 1st generation CPs (GHK). So apply at opposite ends of the day.

Good luck! Keep us posted,

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:04 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
HI Mars,
the GHK serums are the most mild of all the CPs and most apply them daily. You might want to start off every other day and work up (that is just me.. I tend to take a more conservative approach).

AHAs should not be used at the same time as 1st generation CPs (GHK). So apply at opposite ends of the day.

Good luck! Keep us posted,

That's what I am about to do, I started the RA a little over a week ago at 0.025% and every other night is going well so far.
I just got my GHK serum and cream so will start tonight and alternate the RA one night and GHK the next! Keeping fingers crossed! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Oh, how do I edit my signature info? I forgot how to do it and I can't figure it out. Smile

Go to "Profile" which is at the top of the screen on the left. Then just scroll down the page to "signature", make your changes and press "save" or "submit" (forget which).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! Would someone please advise me on what with and when to use Night Eyes?
p.s. I changed my profile. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mars. CP's are my mainstay but for some reason they have not been the best for me - around the eyes.

Did you get the regular or the one for sensitive eyes? If you have the regular one - you may want to combine with either water or better yet a nice oil (I just started combining today with a nice oil blend). And use every other day for a while (a few weeks) and then maybe two days on, one off.

If you have the sensitive formula you can be a little more aggressive.

And ditto what erg said about the GHK products - very mild. I am loving the cream right now. I am layering it over the Skin Signals serum and I definitely think there is an enhancement. Skin looks best ever.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |