Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:04 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

Hi erg, that's great. Do you use the SS Cream everyday? Are you using hydroxy acids with it? I use the SS Cream and Super GHK Cream and I hope to have the same great results. Thank you for posting.

Ditto on same questions and same shared hope for results!!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl and Packratmack,

I started in December - started with 3X per week (did this for about a month). Then every other day for about 4 more weeks and now I apply 5 days per week M-F followed directly with NCN CP Accelerator. I take the weekends off from all actives and just use oil.

Once I ramped up, my neck got really red - and itched like mad for hours. Now, no itching (sometimes a tingle, that's it). That reaction only last about a week.

I do use AHAs... just can't find one I really like though. I do that MWF on my face and then I apply a DIY Amlactin (15% lactic acid and 85% generic body lotion) 5 days a week to my neck, chest and rest of body.

I hope that helps. Now one thing to note is that CP Acel. does have DMAE in it which is firming. However, I just started that a little more than a week ago.

I am just so happy! My neck and jowls are dropping and I am really pleased so far. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, erg. What AHA are you using on your face?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Riley,
I am not happy with the AHAs I am using. I tried the cream versions (both Alpha Hydrox Souffle and Walgreen Version) and just did not like. I really wanted a serum or toner so I could layer oils on top - not a heavy cream with scary ingredients.

I am currently using Multifruit BSC from lotioncrafters mixed with water. Its ok, not great. I am also using NCN pumpkin peel.

So.. if anyone has a suggestion for an AHA/BHA combo that is liquid I would be thrilled.

But... I am LOVING the DIY Amlactin lotion for my body.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, erg. I actually am looking for a similar AHA (liquid - not cream), so if I find one, I'll let you know!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:58 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Riley,
I am not happy with the AHAs I am using. I tried the cream versions (both Alpha Hydrox Souffle and Walgreen Version) and just did not like. I really wanted a serum or toner so I could layer oils on top - not a heavy cream with scary ingredients.

I am currently using Multifruit BSC from lotioncrafters mixed with water. Its ok, not great. I am also using NCN pumpkin peel.

So.. if anyone has a suggestion for an AHA/BHA combo that is liquid I would be thrilled.

There is this one, but it's not for daily use?

http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=15109

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:20 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
...if anyone has a suggestion for an AHA/BHA combo that is liquid I would be thrilled...

erg,

I have been using this liquid for few months.

I like using it because I have an extreme sensitive skin (both Alpha Hydrox Souffle & Skin Biology's Lactic Power 10 both BURN me) and this liquid only stings me for few minutes but exfoliates my skin well.

http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/2b_4a.htm

Another one is a combo of 10% Lactic & 5% mandelic acid; however, I have not used it before.

http://www.skin-beautiful.com/mandelic-lactic.html
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys!

I've tried Skin Bio's Exfol serum and it's a definite serum texture - fairly liquid. But I've also used some of Diana Yvonne's BHAs and hers are alcohol based with lower pHs than Skin Bios (so stronger). I've used her 2% BHA and 5% one. Another I've tried is Paula Begoun's - I didn't care for that one as much.

DY's 5% BHA is considered a peel and instructions say to leave it on for a few minutes and work up to a 5-10 minute period. The 2% one can be used daily - but it's strong.

DY's BHAs have low pHs of 1.9
SB's pH of their acids is 3.2-3.4 making them more suitable for everyday use.

Since switching to SB's BHA, I do really like it. But, I want to try their cream version now, since they've said it can enhance the effect of the CP by putting the cream BHA or AHA on top. I've done that w/ a sample of the Lactic Power 10 and noticed a definite tingle (something I hadn't seen in a while)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:

You might want to look at SB's serum version of LacSal - it's a combo AHA/BHA
1.5%BHA to 8% AHA I think

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:25 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
erg wrote:
Riley,

There is this one, but it's not for daily use?

http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?
pid=15109

Sorry all my bad, I was looking at AHA's only! Pain killers and brain not at top speed! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions... I am going to dig in a take a look. Smile

Hope you are ok Dark Moon...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe, I need one without salicylic acid. I can't use that ingredient. Do you know of any others?

I haven't looked at the ifeelpretty products in a long time, but I'll definitely check there after reading Summer2004's post!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Lactic Power?

rileygirl wrote:
Foxe, I need one without salicylic acid. I can't use that ingredient. Do you know of any others?

I haven't looked at the ifeelpretty products in a long time, but I'll definitely check there after reading Summer2004's post!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to mention the Lactic Power to riley, too, RS. Lactic Power 10 has lactic acid in it at a 10% strength (pH 3.4). It's a cream form, pale yellow in color and is a bit moisturizing(at least for me with my oily skin Rolling Eyes )

AHAs work best at at least a 8% strength, while BHAs do their work starting at a lower % like 1 or 2%. AHAs can get much stronger than what's found in the Lactic Power. I know NCN has a few, as does Plantinum Skin Care and a few other locations (I'm sure EDS has a few to choose from Wink ).

The Lactic Power is a good choice for those who can't tolerate the salicylic acid that's found in the other hydroxy acids SB offers. It only comes in the cream form, though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks RussianSunshine and Foxe. I am going to be a pain here, but, while I was on the Lactic Power 10 and liked it, I would like to find a liquid form of something similar! Laughing I would really like to find something fairly low in strength, as well, as I am not sure how the acids will do with my broken caps. I will keep searching and please keep the suggestions coming!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
riley - take a look at Diana Yvonne's website - she might have a couple of gel version of AHAs. You might also take a look at Plantinum Skin Care.

What was it about the Lactic 10 you didn't like?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe,

Not Rileygiril,

I bought Lactic Power 1o but seldom used it as it burned my skin badly.
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I want to incorporate cp into my regime, but want to go very very slowly to avoid the uglies, my issues are :
. crepey slight loose skin on eyelids
.tightening up beginnings of loose skin under chin.
. slight mariotte fold (has improved slightly by the pose, but too scared to do too much!
.tighten up jaw line (I dont have jowls but want a more defined jaw) hopefully my flexeffect exercises are dealing with this.

OK now my routine.
AM. Face exercises, Dry brushing, vaculift, wash, c serum, ether a moisturiser (one of many I am using up) or a sun screen.
PM. wash, AALS, 0.25% reitin a (was everyother night, but not getting any dryness now so will start everynight?), 1hr later vit e oil (dr organic mixture of others) massage face.

I am not sure I am doing enough exfoliating, I use origins new aha wipes 2x per week, the occasional pineapple mask, and I have ordered a aha toner.
So my question is which is the best CP to start with? and where would I incorporate it into my regime?

Thank you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:44 am      Reply with quote
helenjean - I would start w/ the Copper Peptide Serum for starters. I don't know what type of skin you have, (dryer skin usually likes creams better), but the CP Serum is good to start with because it can be diluted easily.

The exfoliation you already use might be enough to start. If you want things to move a little faster, you can encorporate a stronger hydroxy acid.

I would add the CPs to your night time routine. At one point, I was using CP Serum along w/ Retin A and saw really good results. I would apply my Retin A first, let it rest for about 45 minutes and then apply the CP Serum. Alternately, you could try the serum first, let it absorb about 10 minutes and then apply the Retin A.

Go back to the beginning of this thread where I outline how to dilute the CP Serum for beginners. You'll especially need to do this if you have sensitive skin. CPs are strong and it usually takes most a little while to get use to them. I think I did this for about the first month or so before using CPs full strength. Then I did it again when moving up to a stronger CP.

I definitely saw firmness in my skin which helped lift up those N/Ls for me. The exercises will still be good to use, so don't stop those.

With your routine, try putting the CPs on, then use the AALS, then apply the Retin-A. See how things go from there! If you want to add some of those AHA products - try them about 20 minutes before the CPs. Using Retin A and the AHAs might be too much for your skin, though, so watch carefully for irritation. You could even alternate days of using AHA v Retin A.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:39 am      Reply with quote
thank you foxe, Very Happy such great information.
my skin is normal but my chin is hormonal and sensitive and i get break outs from certian products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
You may also want to look at skin signals cream. It is mild but has both first and second generation cp's and is meant for skin tightening.

I've been using it..love it. supposed to be mild enough to use around the eyes.

I started with cp serum. now I use skin signals at night and skin signals cream in the day. I just bought the two time tightener with DMAE.

But overall...I've been using the products since October..and really can see a difference.

But skin signals serum is something you need work up to... you should start with the cp serum as far the serums go. You could just get the sample bottle ..use all that up..then upgrade.

I moved on to stronger cp's about halfway through my first bottle of cp serum...and have been using the rest of that on my body.
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
thank you hotdocgirl,

which is the mildest the serum, the Skin Signals Cream or the Super GHK Copper Peptide Cream.? I get outbreaks on my chin, and would I be able to use all of these on my eyes?

helen Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Helen..

Here you go...this link below is super helpful. Skin Signals cream is one step up. But from my reading on skin biology..many start out on Skin signals Cream with no problem at all. In fact on the SB site you can see the before and after pics of a 40+ year old woman who started using skin signals cream and TTT and she posted her before and after pictures for 30 days. That is when I ordered my Skin Signals Cream. haha.

[url]http://reverseskinaging.com/productguide.html
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, I understand it all now and with foxes grest expanation its very clear.
I cant wait to get started, will using my AALS after putting on the CP be ok, what would the procedure be?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
Thanks for the link, I understand it all now and with foxes grest expanation its very clear.
I cant wait to get started, will using my AALS after putting on the CP be ok, what would the procedure be?

I use my AALS after putting on my CPs - either Super CP Serum or the Skin Signals Serum. I give the CPs about 10 minutes to absorb first. The creams might need a little longer to absorb, though. Of course, the LEDs are suppose to help w/ absorption - so who knows?

hotdocgirl gave good advice. the SSC is a good beginning one as it is pretty gentle. but the Skin Signals Cream or Serum are different animals than their older cousins - they work a little differently with the addition of the collagen and elastin. Those additions make them really good at firming things up (as the CPs already did that on their own!).

I do consider the SSC either a beginner CP or a maintenence one. The Super CP, Tri-Reduction, Super Cop, SC2X are more of the heavy guns for really damaged skin or scars. GHK is the original CP and is delicate (meaning it can't be used at the same time as an acid - use on opposite ends of the day instead). It is gentle and great for eyes or sensitive skin, and I found it works great on new wounds (which is what it was developed for originally). Watch out using the Skin Signals CREAM with acids, as it has the GHK in it. SSC is quite nice (if you can use creams) since it has both GHK and the 2nd gen CPs (mixed w/ elastin&collagen). Kinda the best of both worlds scenario.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |