Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:16 am      Reply with quote
I was going to read all the pages of this thread, but only got to page 10, I think from what I read this is how I am going to go, and I have a few questions.

PM.
cleanse
AALS
retin a
1 hr later emu oil, GHK serum (diluted as foxes rec)

AM.
dry brush, oil and vaculift, wash
EXFOL wait 20 mins
c serum
sunscreen

Would I not use the CP everyday to start, if not how many times etc?
I easily breakout on my chin, would emu oil cause breakouts, if so is there another oil I can use instead? I might also add TTT to start as well. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Just my opinion, but GHK is so mild you can use everyday especially if you are buffering by applying emu oil first.

I can totally understand why you want to start slow... I did the same because I was so terrified of the uglies. But, I learned you can also go *too* slow...

I am now using Skin Signals Cream daily and will soon be adding in CP serum (diluted) at night.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I also wanted to add... you are going to love CPs. I started because of slight sagging around my jawline. I think the CPs combined with Matrixyl have made a huge difference in my skin.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:

PM.
cleanse
AALS
retin a
1 hr later emu oil, GHK serum (diluted as foxes rec)

AM.
dry brush, oil and vaculift, wash
EXFOL wait 20 mins
c serum
sunscreen

Would I not use the CP everyday to start, if not how many times etc?
I easily breakout on my chin, would emu oil cause breakouts, if so is there another oil I can use instead? I might also add TTT to start as well. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

helenjean - you mention that you have normal skin, so I would recommend holding off on the emu oil for starters. The GHK is very gentle and you shouldn't have any troubles with it. I started with the GHK on my eyes and saw lots of improvement there. I never diluted it or used an oil before hand. Use the GHK daily.

I have oily skin that tends to breakout and the emu never caused me any problems. But, it also doesn't absorb for me as well as for others who have mentioned they have dry skin. I use it at night when I need it for that reason. Squalane is another option for an oil. SB sells that, too. You can also find it from other sources.

The TTT is very nice for extra tightening.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I have very dry skin but the emu oil broke me out. Although it is wonderful for the hair... Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
darn Confused ive ordered the emu oil now, i might use it after but avoid my chin. i have ordered the ghk serum, the emu oil and the exfol. so very excited about getting started.

helen

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Do you use the ghk cream or serum around the eyes? Is it moisturizing enough? I was thinking of using cp accelerator over it but not sure which ghk. Thank you
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I've used ghk cream around my eyes and I like it. I've also mixed the nights eyes with a drop of oil (a nourishing oil from Shea Terra Organics - LOVE this). Works great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I've used ghk cream around my eyes and I like it. I've also mixed the nights eyes with a drop of oil (a nourishing oil from Shea Terra Organics - LOVE this). Works great.

Got it, thanks. I forgot to ask, if I use skin signals cream at night ca I use it with a retinol underneath? If it has both types of cps I'm not sure if I can use ahas or retinols with it

Ps hate posting on iPhone!!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Got it, thanks. I forgot to ask, if I use skin signals cream at night ca I use it with a retinol underneath? If it has both types of cps I'm not sure if I can use ahas or retinols with it

Ps hate posting on iPhone!!

not sis - but can tell you that you should give your retinol about 20-30 minutes before using any topical on top of it. retinols or retinoids need some time to work alone.

also - don't use acids like aha's or bha's with the GHK products (skin signals cream has it in it). use them at opposite ends of the day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Do you use the ghk cream or serum around the eyes? Is it moisturizing enough? I was thinking of using cp accelerator over it but not sure which ghk. Thank you

the cream versions are very moisturizing. the serums not as much but your skin does repair itself over time using either version and can hold more moisture as it gets healthier.

the CP Accelerator is very moisturizing in itself - you may not need another one on top of that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I had to drop in to say...

I got carded today!! Dancing

The clerk at the store was so cute about it, too. He did a double take, looked again at my ID, then me, then my birthdate, and exclaimed "That's my year!! Not fair!"

And it was a sunny day today too (which we haven't seen in a loong while)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
WOO HOO foxe! That is fantastic!

I am loving my skin care regime right now - I am getting ready to add LacSal to the mix.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

The clerk at the store was so cute about it, too. He did a double take, looked again at my ID, then me, then my birthdate, and exclaimed "That's my year!! Not fair!"

Awesome that's really cool.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:47 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

WOW congratualtions so they thought you were 35 or under.
I want to be one of those 70 year olds that look young (and can do the splits Bad Grin ) I am 44 now soI amworking on it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have a question about adding CP serum and Lac Sal to my existing routine.

I am using Skin Signals Cream in the morning followed by NCN CP Accelerator. Love this ---working well with firming.

I bought the CP serum and LacSal because I want to go stronger and target neck rings and horizontal forehead lines.

I would be using the CP serum (diluted at first) and LacSal at night along with Skin Actives Be Kind Rewind Cream and avocado oil.

**What I am not sure about is does the LacSal go before or after the CP serum? I have read on the skinbio forum that some people are using it after to push the CPs in but the exfoliation benefits may be lessened. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:11 am      Reply with quote
erg - the cream exfoliators work well to push CPs in after applying CPs,but the solution exfoliators should only be applied beforehand.

My suggestions would be to use the LacSal before the CPs - about 20 to 30 minutes to work on its own first. Then apply the CP Serum and then the other products. I think waiting about 10 minutes for the CP Serum to sink in would be enough. I think you'll need the exfoliating factors of the Lacsal more than the 'pushing' effect of it at this point. Plus - your SkinActives product might help with a little push seeing that it has some oils in it.

Using CP Serum on my neck rinks worked really well. It also smoothed out the creapiness.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe, as always, thanks so much for your advice!
I just got my new products in the mail today. Woo hoo!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe,
May I ask what protocol you used to get rid of the neck rings? How long did it take to see a difference?

thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi foxe, how do you fit in your vitamin C? Are you separating it from your cps or using it together? It seems skin bio has changed it's stance on this and think they can be used together. Of course, I'm not sure. All the varying opinions on that website are confusing. I don't see retin a in your signature line. Did you ever use it? Thanks.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Hi Foxe,
May I ask what protocol you used to get rid of the neck rings? How long did it take to see a difference?

thanks!

If I recall, I only used the CP Serum. I noticed improvements at the 3 month mark for sure. I'm continuing to see improvement now, and I've been using them for years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi foxe, how do you fit in your vitamin C? Are you separating it from your cps or using it together? It seems skin bio has changed it's stance on this and think they can be used together. Of course, I'm not sure. All the varying opinions on that website are confusing. I don't see retin a in your signature line. Did you ever use it? Thanks.

I do separate the Vit C from my CPs, but do it just to be safe. When I use Vit C (and I don't use it all the time), I apply it in the AM and my CPs in the PM. I'll switch it up, though, if need be. I'm not currently using Retin A due to an acne med I'm on. I did use it w/ CPs at one point, though, and saw good results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
foxe wrote:

WOW congratualtions so they thought you were 35 or under.
I want to be one of those 70 year olds that look young (and can do the splits Bad Grin ) I am 44 now soI amworking on it.

I can still do splits. Personal claim to fame. I haven't been carded in 10 years though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:45 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I can still do splits. Personal claim to fame. I haven't been carded in 10 years though.

Splits are no longer in my repertoire!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Can't do a split either, but I am working on it. Smile. My yoga teacher, probably in her late 60's, has amazing flexibility. She is my hero.

Anyway... Ok... I am LOVING LacSal.
Just a few days and I can't get over the difference in my skin!

Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |