Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Can't do a split either, but I am working on it. Smile. My yoga teacher, probably in her late 60's, has amazing flexibility. She is my hero.

Anyway... Ok... I am LOVING LacSal.
Just a few days and I can't get over the difference in my skin!

Smile

Great about the LacSal. What are your other favs erg? I am going to try the GHK serum - I have ghk cream and I love that but want to try the serum version for summer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sister, how are you?

From Skin Biology I do love the Skin Signals Cream. I just added the CP serum to target the neck rings and horizontal forehead lines. Felt like I needed something stronger there. Too soon to tell, but I am hopeful!

This is what else I am using and am happy with:

NCN Rhasoul Bar and CP Accelerator. I have to apply the CP Acel. on damp skin to get an even application, but I think it is working nicely with the CPs to firm up.

I like Shea Terra Night Nourishment and Skin Actives Be Kind Rewind Cream and Antiox Booster. The Be Kind Rewind gives my skin a good glow.

You know... as the CPs are beginning to work, I am finding that my routine can be MUCH less complicated.

So happy! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks erg... Oh yes - finding the balance of products that you love is so gratifying after all the trial and error.

I've never used the SS cream. I am thinking of this and the GHK serum as my spring/summer combo.
I also use the skin nourishment from STO - nice stuff! and the marula from there also.

So glad it's all working for you. Sweet Success.

erg wrote:
Hi Sister, how are you?

From Skin Biology I do love the Skin Signals Cream. I just added the CP serum to target the neck rings and horizontal forehead lines. Felt like I needed something stronger there. Too soon to tell, but I am hopeful!

This is what else I am using and am happy with:

NCN Rhasoul Bar and CP Accelerator. I have to apply the CP Acel. on damp skin to get an even application, but I think it is working nicely with the CPs to firm up.

I like Shea Terra Night Nourishment and Skin Actives Be Kind Rewind Cream and Antiox Booster. The Be Kind Rewind gives my skin a good glow.

You know... as the CPs are beginning to work, I am finding that my routine can be MUCH less complicated.

So happy! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:13 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks erg... Oh yes - finding the balance of products that you love is so gratifying after all the trial and error.

Yes, for awhile there my head felt like it was spinning... what active to use, what brands to try. I think I finally found the combination that works for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick question if anyone can help..

I am using the Tri cream at night on my neck (for the tree trunk marks) and Night Eyes around my eyes. Lacsal in th4e morning.

I really don't know what I think!!!!

somedays my skin looks great...other days I think I look abit 'dark' around my eyes (not something I usually suffer from?) No irratation or anything. I was thinking of trying something different when this runs out?

Any suggestions? my main concerns is jowl sag, a little pigmentation around the eyes and the criss cross mark on the front of the neck.

I was thinking of trying the Skin Signals cream, or even the serum? Any advice would be appreciated.

I also use Retiniacin (isomers) which I love, also my LED. I sort of mix it all up!!
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
packratmack wrote:
Hi foxe, how do you fit in your vitamin C? Are you separating it from your cps or using it together? It seems skin bio has changed it's stance on this and think they can be used together. Of course, I'm not sure. All the varying opinions on that website are confusing. I don't see retin a in your signature line. Did you ever use it? Thanks.

I do separate the Vit C from my CPs, but do it just to be safe. When I use Vit C (and I don't use it all the time), I apply it in the AM and my CPs in the PM. I'll switch it up, though, if need be. I'm not currently using Retin A due to an acne med I'm on. I did use it w/ CPs at one point, though, and saw good results.

Foxe ,when doing your Vit C in am and CP's at night where would you fit in the Lacsal? Would it be better to do it in the am 20-30 min before c serum or at night 20-30 min before CP's (in my case Skin Signals cream) ?

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
Foxe ,when doing your Vit C in am and CP's at night where would you fit in the Lacsal? Would it be better to do it in the am 20-30 min before c serum or at night 20-30 min before CP's (in my case Skin Signals cream) ?

Polly - don't use a hydroxy acid like lacsal along with Skin Signals CREAM as the cream has the GHK copper in it. GHK is fragile to acids and can break down.

Instead - use the LacSal w/ the Vit C 20-30 minutes before hand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone else use Super Cop on their entire face? I am and it's working well for me.

What about the body lotion? Has anyone tried that? I'm thinking of trying it. I wonder if it will lighten the spots on my arms.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia - I've used the Body Lotion. I really like it. I also use the Copper Sun Lotion (which is the body lotion w/ an added sun protector of titanium dioxide). The Copper Sun also has more CP in it for added anti-oxidant protection. I find that works pretty good for an everyday SS.

I've used both products that last 2 summers and this past winter as well. I've seen some sun damage on my chest really disappate. It used to be very bumpy and discolored and that's improved quite a bit.

For those spots on your arms, this might work, or you might need to spot treat them with a stronger CP like your Super Cop. Use an exfoliator on them too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe, I haven't looked at the copper sun lotion. That looks good.

I have a LOT of spots on my arms. It's too may to spot treat. I will have to do an all over treatment. Thanks for the information.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased the Super Cop Skin remodeling cream -- haven't received it yet. My plan is to use this on my very sun-damaged chest.

Anyone have results with this? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
I recently purchased the Super Cop Skin remodeling cream -- haven't received it yet. My plan is to use this on my very sun-damaged chest.

Anyone have results with this? Thanks!

I would work up to it... Have you used other CP's in the past on your chest? TriRed would be a good choice to get the skin ready for the super cop. You can also mix the super cop with an oil such as marula or rose hip or emu (not my fav but others do). And work up to full strength from there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sister Sweets,
I've used CP's in the past. I just finished a bottle of P&R which did seem to soften the "lines" on my chest. I would also like to address the hyperpigmentation -- which is horrible!

I would love to feel comfortable wearing something that has an open neck line this summer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
just wondering why the Skin Biology site always suggests the exfol or lacsal to be applied at night and the CP's in the morning.Is there a reason or does it not really matter?
I'm doing the opposite. I usually do my AALS at night and wanted to apply CP's beforehand to enhance the effect so hopefully it doesn't matter..?
Also I was originally doing the green tea serum with the AALS. Would the CP's be more effective or just different. I'd prefer to simplify and not have to buy so many serums/creams..
last question Smile -how long should a skin signals and lacsal cream size last? They are pretty small and I gather if you're applying to body and face it goes pretty quick!?

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I am a little confused on when to apply retin a with copper peptides, I am using the serum and am diluting it. I read somewhere that you can apply the retin a first then copper peptides, but after reading again someone said to apply the ghk serum before retin a, so which way is best, and should I start everyother night even though I am diluting it.

thank you

helen

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
just wondering why the Skin Biology site always suggests the exfol or lacsal to be applied at night and the CP's in the morning.Is there a reason or does it not really matter?
I'm doing the opposite. I usually do my AALS at night and wanted to apply CP's beforehand to enhance the effect so hopefully it doesn't matter..?
Also I was originally doing the green tea serum with the AALS. Would the CP's be more effective or just different. I'd prefer to simplify and not have to buy so many serums/creams..
last question Smile -how long should a skin signals and lacsal cream size last? They are pretty small and I gather if you're applying to body and face it goes pretty quick!?

Pollyanna Using CPs before your AALS is a great combo. I use the CPs before my AALS for penetration (love it) and occasionally will use a BHA about 20-30 minutes before the CPs. I also will switch it up and use a BHA in the AM instead.

I think Skin Bio tries to simplify the instructions on their website and only states it that one way. It's not set in stone and you can change it up to suit your needs.

The important thing to remember is to use an acid like a BHA or AHA on the opposite end of the day from the GHK CP as the GHK is fragile and can break down from acids.

I'm not sure how long the Skin Signals Cream or Lacsal Cream will last. Have never used the Lacsal cream and have only gotten the full size SSC a couple of months ago. I don't use it daily, though, as I have a couple of other CPs I rotate with (Super CP Serum and Skin Signals Serum).

If you're looking for a better value for your body, try either the Body Lotion or the Suntanning Lotion. They both have CPs in them The only difference between them is the Suntanning Lotion has a little bit of Titanium Oxide in it for some sun protection. It has more CP in it for extra protection, too, as CPs are an antioxidant and help protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
Hi
I am a little confused on when to apply retin a with copper peptides, I am using the serum and am diluting it. I read somewhere that you can apply the retin a first then copper peptides, but after reading again someone said to apply the ghk serum before retin a, so which way is best, and should I start everyother night even though I am diluting it.

thank you

helen

For applicaton order, it's best to apply products from thinnest to thickest. The idea being the thinner product will absorb faster than the thicker ones. If both products are the same (a cream) then use the pH rule - apply the product with the lower pH first and let it neutralize for about 20-30 minutes (if the pH is lower than the skin's pH) before applying anything on top of it.

With Retin A and CPs, if using a serum based CP - apply it first; let it sink in about 10-15 minutes (I didn't always wait that long, but tried to); and then apply your Retin A.

If using a cream based CP, you can apply the CP on top of the Retin A if you want to.

When I was using the 2 products together (don't use Retin A currently), I would apply the Retin A, wait about 45 minutes to let it work and then apply the CPs. I'm not sure that's neccessary, but I was getting great results that way.

You don't mention which CP you're using, so I'm not sure about diluting it. Can you tell me which one you have?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm using AS, ASG, with my AALS. Also, I use Skin Biology Copper Peptides. Something is breaking me out! Mad Have any of you experienced breakouts with copper?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, I'm using AS, ASG, with my AALS. Also, I use Skin Biology Copper Peptides. Something is breaking me out! Mad Have any of you experienced breakouts with copper?

Sorry this isn't an answer to your question but I've always been curious as to why you are using both Ageless Secret AND Ageless Secret Gold. Can you tell me how you use both of these and why you use both?

Thanks so much - just call me nosy Nelly Image

Gidget
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Gidget wrote:
Mars wrote:

Thanks so much - just call me nosy Nelly Image

Gidget

Funny you Gidget... Laughing

Hi Mars I use ASG with the AALS and sometimes I use the AALS with CP's. Recently it's all ASG though. I did briefly experience some breakout in the lower part of my face. I have been diligently using an FIM lamp and AALS, ASG and copper peptides.

I can tell you this - CP's did not break me out, nor did ASG but ...me thinks something in the combined everyday usage of lamps and products was creating a little detox. I am no longer breaking out. Thank goodness. Not great for a 50 year old to be breaking out. I should only be concerned with sag and wrinkles Laughing

...As Gidget asked: why are you using both ASG and AS? How will you know what is doing what.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
Hi

thank you

helen

hello Helen, I would not use Retin a with the ghk copper. Acids and ghk do not play nice together. You can use with the second generation copper. (super cp, etc). But not with any of the ghk. Opposite ends of the day for them. You don't need to dilute GHK products. I'd use them straight up. They are very mild.

I put in a Skin Biology order for Spring-Summer: Skin Signals Cream and Skin Signals serum. I've really wanted to try the SS. Cream for a long while.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I would not use Retin a with the ghk copper. Acids and ghk do not play nice together.

I know this is what Skinbiology recommends. However, I have applied GHK, wait probably 30-60 minutes, and then applied my RA on top. I loved the results with this combo. My broken caps didn't look nearly as red the next morning.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if extra wait time might make it okay to use with ghk. Apparently it's working well for ya. That's great. I love CP's. Which ghk are you using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I was wondering if extra wait time might make it okay to use with ghk. Apparently it's working well for ya. That's great. I love CP's. Which ghk are you using?

I use the GHK serum, Sis.
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:37 am      Reply with quote
thank you foxe and sis.

I am using the ghk serum and diluting as per instructions on page 1. even though I am diluting should I do everynight or everyother?

So my routine will be CP , ligth stim, retin a, emu oil.
am. dry brush, vaculift, wash, exfol cream, (how long to wait?) c serum, (has e oil in it so dont need additional moisrturiser) sunscreen (is 20 factor ok) makeup.

Question, how long do I wait after putting CP on and before doing AALS .

The retin a is 0.25% I cant use it at opposit end of day because of my c serum, would the above routine be ok.

thank you girlies Very Happy

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |