Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. Maybe they meant 3-4 months. That would seem more accurate.

I found this on the skin biology site about facial hair growth.

QUOTE:
Some men have used our facial products for beard growth with great success. Skin Biology's Skin Remodeling Copper-Peptides were found to strengthen hair follicles and can help promote hair growth, but this is only in areas where hair is genetically supposed to grow. For men, it does grow on their face, but each individual is different. Some have reported great improvement using our Folligen products.

For example, Super CP Serum a strong copper-peptide mainly for facial use can be used instead of Folligen . If you are prone to breakout in that area, we'd actually recommend using Super CP Serum instead of Folligen (which really is designed for the scalp).

For an interesting testimonial and pictures, see the post of one client found at: http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...930093155#2930093155

The recommended product would be Folligen - Copper Peptides for Hair Growth. It is available in Cream , Lotion , or Spray formulas.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
I'm so jealous of those having success with the neck ..fingers crossed I'll eventually see improvement.I'm sure mine seems a bit worse right now since starting 3 weeks ago.
I am about to do a big order from Skin Biology though and will definitely be grabbing the TTT to add to my SS cream and then hopefully I'll get the same results. I have finally got my face looking good and under control now- no more issues and the Lacsal wasn't the problem. I love it now! I think it was the days i was applying Vit c serum was making my skin too blotchy and yellowy in patches. All good now.
Could someone tell me how long I should be on the SS cream before I upgrade to something stronger or do I even bother? I am going to order a few months supply of stuff and just wondered if i should get one more bottle of SS cream and then something different after that like maybe the SS serum since it's stronger..
I'm mainly interested in tightening and lifting. I think the person at Skin bio I spoke to said I could move up to Trireduction cream but that seems to be less geared to tightening than the SS or do I have that wrong? I just want what will be best for my neck/jowls and eyelids
Any advice would be appreciated. I'm happy to stick to what I'm doing if it's best to wait a while and adjust Smile

Pollyanna - I would think the 2oz bottle of Skin Signals Cream would last a lot longer than 3-4 weeks, especially if you're only using it on your face. If you apply it in other areas, expect it to last a lot less longer.

BTW - the 2nd gen SERUMS are an exceptional BARGAIN! The 1 oz ones last months (probably 3-4 when used daily) and are really inexpensive. Mine last that long and I often used them 2X/day. You can get a full size (1 oz) bottle of either the CP Serum or Super CP Serum as a free bonus w/ a purchase of $50 right now. Their bonuses are very generous. Another good sample is a full size Night Eyes/NE Premier as a bonus offer.

The 1st gen CPs are more expensive, though. Even when offered as a sample. The GHK itself is an expensive item - more so than the 2nd gen CPs. So, the Skin Signals Cream (which has 1st gen/GHK & 2nd gen CPs in it) is more expensive than other creams. One exception is the Super GHK, as it also has GHK in it. That's not a reason to not try the SS Cream(it is very nice), but be informed is all.

As far as how long to use the SSC before moving up, that will depend on your skin. I waited about a month before I moved up from my first CP, and then I noticed some uglies (that dreaded loose, kinda wrinkley skin). I then needed to back off a bit, and then reintroduced the stronger CP. It took a while, but my skin eventually got use to the stronger CPs and handled them just fine. I was afraid that if I left my skin in that wrinkley situation, that it would take longer for it to return to normal than it would just plowing through the uglies, so I kept using them. I especially noticed some uglies when I spot treated with the strongest ones (SC2X) on some acne scars. Only that spot was 'ugly'. Laughing Thankfully, it did eventually improve.

My advice on how long to wait would be to gage how your skin reacts after the first month and then - take it s-l-o-w-l-y with the Trireduction, as that one is very strong. Maybe alternate days in the beginning w/ the SS Cream.

I would use the SS Cream on your eyelids a lot longer before moving up to any stronger CP. I never used anything stronger than the Night Eyes there (after the NE Premier), so I'm not sure about using the TriRed there on you. That might be too much.

TriRed will help w/ the lift, BTW. All of the CPs do that. It's just that the newer ones w/ the added elastin and collagen do it a little better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I've gone through the body lotion very quickly also and probably won't reorder it. I like it but it's an expensive option. I think I'll just use a copper serum of some sort and rub that on and use a regular lotion over it.

I agree, using the CPs on the body can add up. This past year, I started using them on a regular basis on my body and found the Body Lotion &/or Copper Sun to be the better deal than one of the other lotions. In fact, the best deal is getting the combo pack for both of these. Individually, they cost 40.95 and 30.95 repectfully, but as a combo - it's $50 for both of them. Great deal. Of course, I've never tried the CP Serum - that might work too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
foxe - I bought the combo pack last summer when I first started using Copper sun. It is the only way I'll get the copper lotion - really a good deal. I'll probably get a pack this summer. I use it on my chest and shoulders when I garden and day cover on my face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I think if you're looking for skin tightening and lifting...I'd do ss cream and ss serum. On SB website they use the analogy that if you want to gut and rebuild the house? Use cp's like super cp serum and super cop tri-reduciton. If you want to polish the floors and shine the windows? ( something like that) use SS cream and SS solution. That's what I do..with super ghk around my eyes..and TTT on top of everything. I also apply some squalene with high retinol too. I did try the body lotion..but when I ran out..I decided to buy some super cp serum. I use that to spot treat little areas on my face..and when I get out of the tub..I apply drops of that on my wet skin over my entire body..then I put my beloved CeRave cream to seal it in. LOL. that is my crazy routine! And..it has taken me months to get really great results..can't imagine looking better in just a month. So give it time!!! Oh yea..the folligen..I use that on my lashes.. and WOW..the stuff is great. Get a sample of that though..I 've got the bottle and it will go bad before I could use it all.
I might try some tri-reduction on my arms though..and maybe my chest. I'm curious about it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies (or Gents!), any advice for me? I am trying to use the SS cream on my face again, but it stings for a while after I have applied it, and the worst part is it really makes my broken caps red. I have a good combo at night at the moment using SkinMedica Redness Relief and Avene Diroseal and in the morning my skin looks really good, but as soon as I put the SS cream on, I turn red! Anything I can do?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Boy, riley - I don't know. I don't have any broken caps, so I can't help much. Perhaps contact Skin Bio for some answers? Let us know what you find out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Foxe. I will send an e-mail to them and see what they say.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

TriRed will help w/ the lift, BTW. All of the CPs do that. It's just that the newer ones w/ the added elastin and collagen do it a little better.

thanks for all your advice Foxe and hotdocgirl. Smile
Foxe what you say here though are you referring the SS cream as being the ones with collagen and elastin doing it better? If so wouldn't I be better off just sticking to that than switching to the Trireduction?? or maybe move up to the SS serum instead??
I'm confused as to what the whole other thing the other CP's do outside of tightening and lifting and wrinkles i.e. 'gutting the house'? what else is there other than scarring which i don't have.
I don't why I'm finding all this so confusing again. Just when I think I have a handle on it I get more confused Laughing
As for the deal you mentioned Foxe -I was planning to do my order here on EDS because I won the $50 gift certificate last week so hoping I can just get basic samples of Super cop 2x via this site which i think they said I could. which is what I need.. Smile

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna ~ Since you don't have scars & mainly want firming I would stay with the SS cream and start alternating in the SS serum. The SS serum is strong enough IMO. The serums last a long time & you'll find them quite economical.

The Trireduction is really strong! While I can use it a few times a week on my chest where I have sun damage I can't use it on my face without getting the uglies. Of course your experience might be different but I don't think you really need anything stronger than the SS serum.

After you've used the SS cream & SS serum for a good amount of time you could experiment with Trireduction. It's excellent for the hands.

I hope this has helped a little instead of causing more confusion. Smile
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Riley ~ Have you tried using a layer of emu oil before applying the SS cream to buffer the effects of the copper? It helps when adjusting to a stronger product.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Riley ~ Have you tried using a layer of emu oil before applying the SS cream to buffer the effects of the copper? It helps when adjusting to a stronger product.

No, brierrose, I haven't. Thank you for the advice! I don't have emu oil, but I do have a sample of the squalane (sp?) oil. Would that work? I sent an email to Skinbiology and will report back when I hear what they have to say.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
brierrose wrote:

No, brierrose, I haven't. Thank you for the advice! I don't have emu oil, but I do have a sample of the squalane (sp?) oil. Would that work? I sent an email to Skinbiology and will report back when I hear what they have to say.

The squalane will work as well. It's lighter than emu so you could use a little more.

It will be interesting to hear what Skin Bio says.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
foxe wrote:

thanks for all your advice Foxe and hotdocgirl. Smile
Foxe what you say here though are you referring the SS cream as being the ones with collagen and elastin doing it better? If so wouldn't I be better off just sticking to that than switching to the Trireduction?? or maybe move up to the SS serum instead??
I'm confused as to what the whole other thing the other CP's do outside of tightening and lifting and wrinkles i.e. 'gutting the house'? what else is there other than scarring which i don't have.
I don't why I'm finding all this so confusing again. Just when I think I have a handle on it I get more confused Laughing
As for the deal you mentioned Foxe -I was planning to do my order here on EDS because I won the $50 gift certificate last week so hoping I can just get basic samples of Super cop 2x via this site which i think they said I could. which is what I need.. Smile

lol...what I meant by the 'gutting the house" is that people with acne scars..really serious skin issues that need corrected..use super cop and super cp serums...those cp's remodel the skin..same with wrinkles. So if a person has those issues.. ss cream or ss solution/serum would not be what they would need..because those tighten and lift very well..but they don't get rid of scares and pits in the face. ok?
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
How long from the production date should a bottle of folligen be good before it expires? I use so little of it, that I guess it will go bad before it is finished. Thanks.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:22 am      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Pollyanna ~ Since you don't have scars & mainly want firming I would stay with the SS cream and start alternating in the SS serum. The SS serum is strong enough IMO. The serums last a long time & you'll find them quite economical.

The Trireduction is really strong! While I can use it a few times a week on my chest where I have sun damage I can't use it on my face without getting the uglies. Of course your experience might be different but I don't think you really need anything stronger than the SS serum.

After you've used the SS cream & SS serum for a good amount of time you could experiment with Trireduction. It's excellent for the hands.

I hope this has helped a little instead of causing more confusion. Smile
Thanks Brierrose..I think that sounds like the best idea for me too.Maybe way down the line I can try trireduction.Just one other question though..when I do switch to the SS serum from cream will I need to get it with the emu or squalene to use it since my skin tends to be on the drier side or will it be fine on it's own at bedtime ?? (which is when I apply my cp's -lacsal in am)

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:31 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:

lol...what I meant by the 'gutting the house" is that people with acne scars..really serious skin issues that need corrected..use super cop and super cp serums...those cp's remodel the skin..same with wrinkles. So if a person has those issues.. ss cream or ss solution/serum would not be what they would need..because those tighten and lift very well..but they don't get rid of scares and pits in the face. ok?

So, the SS cream will not improve wrinkles, HDG? We need stronger CP's for those?

ETA: I did use the squalane oil first and my cheeks did not get red. However, my broken caps are back to looking purple and not very light pink. I may lay off the SS cream a few days and see if I can get the caps back to the light color and try the oil/SS cream combo again to see what happens.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Pollyanna ~ you will definitely need emu or squalane or your oil of choice. The SS serum is like water and disappears into your skin.

You can also use your usual moisturizer over the serum instead of the oil if you prefer. An oil is nice to have on hand anyways though. Just be sure any moisturizer you use doesn't contain vit.C.

When you start on the SS serum it would probably be a good idea to dilute with a drop or two of water for awhile til you adjust.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Just got an email from Skinbiology. They said it seemed the SS Cream may be too strong for my skin, to stop for a few days, and then try again in a less obvious spot on the same area to see if I still get the same reaction. If I did, they said to just continue with the GHK serum, as the cream had more chemicals than the serum, and also contains the 2nd gen CP's. I'll give my skin a break and try again on Monday to see what happens!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:28 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
hotdocgirl wrote:

So, the SS cream will not improve wrinkles, HDG? We need stronger CP's for those?

OK, I had one of those nights, not enough sleep. I am confused also what will GHK actually accomplish for our skin? I am just totally confused all over again, then again brain is at about half normal function. Rolling Eyes Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Riley G.
From my understanding GHK is the "first generation" or the first copper peptide Dr. Pickart patented. That is the formula some cosmetic companies copied as soon as the patent became available on the open market. GHK or the 1st generation cp is the cp that most of pickart's studies is based on. ok? So, GHK is mild..but very effective. Pickart created the second generation of copper peptides (cp serum..super cp serum, super cop..tri reduction...all those) and therefore a new patent for his 2nd line. Yet the second gen. don't have all the clinical research to support them because it costs money and takes so much time. The second generation or second round of peptides Pickart has put out ..are stronger than the 1st Generation cp's. I've seen debate that some think the first generation is what one should stick with..mild, works, and has research to back it up. Others say the 2nd are wonderful too..stronger..more complex but versatile..and who needs a study when the results are there.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:30 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Riley G.
I've seen debate that some think the first generation is what one should stick with..mild, works, and has research to back it up. Others say the 2nd are wonderful too..stronger..more complex but versatile..and who needs a study when the results are there.

Because there is debate, I have been using both forms of CPs (in the form of CP serum and SS Cream which has both generations). I would like to try GHK to see how that works as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:28 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I have a question for those using any and all CP's, I have mine that I ordered, but am just about to start (was out of commission for a few months and just managed basics).
Here goes, after catching up on this thread I noticed some are seeing added growth of lashes, anyone getting increased "peach fuzz" or those lovely chin or mustache hairs? Just concerned about ending up with a hairy face, which I don't have any major issues with now?
Thanks

DM, People are encouraged to take MSM while using CPs. I think this is what causes the peach fuzz. I have gotten peach fuzz (along my hairline and sides of cheeks), and I have always been blessedly unhairy. I'm pretty certain it's not from the CPs. So, you can stay away from the MSM, or take small doses, I guess. I don't really mind, since the MSM is helping my skin, and I can just shave or wax away the fuzz.

Although, now that I think about it, I agree with brierrose. I did have some fuzz before, but, really, it was practically unnoticeable. The rate of growth has definately increased. It could be that the combo of MSM and CPs is a double whammy. But as I said, nothing that I cry about. HTH.
hyacynthgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if this been asked and answered, but after a while it all gets muddled. I have the LacSal. But, I use a microfiber or washcloth to clean my face. On top of that I use C in the morning (CPs at night) and Lightstim. Add in any occasionals (dermawand/violet ray, or whatever may be exfoliating), and how much is too much? I gave up the facial dry brushing when I started using the cloth in earnest. SO, do I still use the LacSal? It seems to me the manual exfoliation would be enough. BTW, I have pretty thick, combo skin. Not sensitive. TIA. You guys are brilliant!
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Pollyanna ~ you will definitely need emu or squalane or your oil of choice. The SS serum is like water and disappears into your skin.

You can also use your usual moisturizer over the serum instead of the oil if you prefer. An oil is nice to have on hand anyways though. Just be sure any moisturizer you use doesn't contain vit.C.

When you start on the SS serum it would probably be a good idea to dilute with a drop or two of water for awhile til you adjust.

ok Smile
Not sure which would be better for me emu or squalane? I was wondering about the retinol in squalane option and would that be a good bonus for my neck since I'm not at this point incorporating any retinol products in my routine..?

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |