Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



DeVita Perfecting Time (75 ml / 2.5 oz) Tanda ZAP - White Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sat May 28, 2011 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:



Hi Rileygirl,
I'm using the TTT on my neck and chest after applying sunscreen. It works pretty well, but I do think the results are temporary. I'm hoping that they could be cumulative over time?? I'm just not sure. I'm currently using the Suntan lotion in the a.m. and the Super Cop cream in the p.m. -- chest and neck only. I'm really hoping to see some tightening and remodeling since my chest is so severely sun damaged.


Hi Kims, how long have you been using those 2 products on your neck and chest? Are you noticing any improvement from them?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Sat May 28, 2011 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I started with the Body Lotion and noticed a definite "softening" in the creases in my chest. I'm a side sleeper and always will be. I'll never be able to sleep on my back or wear any sort of contraption to bed!

The creases are still there, but they tend to "disappear" easier with the use of the SB products. I'm pretty sure I have poikiloderma based on what I've looked at on the internet. My neck just looks older than my face -- especially where the thyroid is located.

I know Foxe talked about this as well. I also know that CP's are slow going, but I'm hopeful that this will be helpful along with a good sunscreen. I'm willing to give it a shot! And so far,the Super Cop has not been irritating at all. I find it a bit drying, so I occasionally apply some oil.

ETA: I REALLY wish I could use the Obagi Nuderm products on my chest as hyperpigmentation is a huge problem as well!

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sun May 29, 2011 7:47 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
I started with the Body Lotion and noticed a definite "softening" in the creases in my chest. I'm a side sleeper and always will be. I'll never be able to sleep on my back or wear any sort of contraption to bed!

The creases are still there, but they tend to "disappear" easier with the use of the SB products. I'm pretty sure I have poikiloderma based on what I've looked at on the internet. My neck just looks older than my face -- especially where the thyroid is located.

I know Foxe talked about this as well. I also know that CP's are slow going, but I'm hopeful that this will be helpful along with a good sunscreen. I'm willing to give it a shot! And so far,the Super Cop has not been irritating at all. I find it a bit drying, so I occasionally apply some oil.

ETA: I REALLY wish I could use the Obagi Nuderm products on my chest as hyperpigmentation is a huge problem as well!


Thanks for the feedback, Kims. Why can't you use Obagi on your chest, is it too irritating?

Ok. Have been reading around skinbiology again, and there was a post by maxx where he was recommending the tin peptides for crepey skin on the neck. He stated that the tin peptides were great at thickening the skin and giving it a smooth look. I know nothing about the tin peptides, but has anyone used them on their neck/face or have any thoughts about the product?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Sun May 29, 2011 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,
I guess the skin on my chest is too thin or something because the Nuderm causes blisters. I've made several attempts and always have the same outcome.

Which products contain tin peptides? Sounds interesting!

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sun May 29, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Rileygirl,
I guess the skin on my chest is too thin or something because the Nuderm causes blisters. I've made several attempts and always have the same outcome.

Which products contain tin peptides? Sounds interesting!


Ok. Definitely don't want to use it there if you get blisters!!

Not sure on the tin peptides. I need to go back over to skinbio and search around!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sun May 29, 2011 9:14 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Rileygirl,
I guess the skin on my chest is too thin or something because the Nuderm causes blisters. I've made several attempts and always have the same outcome.

Which products contain tin peptides? Sounds interesting!


The nail products contain tin peptides. I know some have had luck using them under eyes as well.
Maxx has a strong science background and has been able to relay the Skin Bio product information in a very helpful way using his science knowledge and a lot of experimentation of his own.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 1898
Sun May 29, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
The tin peptides are found in the Folligen for Blondes and the Nail Peptide products. I've used the Folligen for Blonde for my nails after my Nail Peptide ran out. They're basically the same products - different containers (and the Nail one might be a bit thicker). Either of these has really worked great to make my nails healthier and long and shiney (I have horrible nails, too).

I will also use the tin peptides on my eyebrows if I have extra left on my fingers (and instead of the regular Folligen). I have noticed the CPs have helped to thicken up those eyebrows for me as they were starting to thin w/ age Crying or Very sad

I have never used the tin peptides anywhere else like my neck or face, so I can't answer that question, riley. They do seem to help thicken hair, though, and are great on nails.

_________________
late 50's, fair skin, combo skin, very few fine lines, vertical lip lines, crows feet & 11's, fighting aging! Using Palancia HF, dermarollers, CPs, Retin A Micro, Safetox, AALS, Clairsonic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sun May 29, 2011 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I think I might have posted these results on another thread but I have noticed better eyebrows -
Thicker, more dense brows and it must be from the use of SSserum and GHK cream. I have never used the tin peptides/folligen products but it is a nice unexpected side effect.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 1346
Sun May 29, 2011 11:20 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I think I might have posted these results on another thread but I have noticed better eyebrows -
Thicker, more dense brows and it must be from the use of SSserum and GHK cream. I have never used the tin peptides/folligen products but it is a nice unexpected side effect.


Really? HOw long did it take for this to happen?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sun May 29, 2011 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

I have never used the tin peptides anywhere else like my neck or face, so I can't answer that question, riley. They do seem to help thicken hair, though, and are great on nails.


Thanks, foxe. I wonder then if it would really be a good thing to apply the tin peptides to the face/neck if it is for thickening hair? Meaning if we are prone to getting the peach fuzz from the CP's, would this cause even more of that?

I have just started on the SS serum and TTT, so I will hold off on anything else until I see how these do.

ETA: I had slight itching briefly after applying the SS serum, but I had no redness on my face like I had with the SS cream, so I am taking that as a good thing!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 1898
Sun May 29, 2011 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, foxe. I wonder then if it would really be a good thing to apply the tin peptides to the face/neck if it is for thickening hair? Meaning if we are prone to getting the peach fuzz from the CP's, would this cause even more of that?


I don't really think it adds more follicles, but it makes the ones you already have 'healthier' and 'thicker' so it may appear like you have more.

Personally, I haven't really noticed much increase in my peach fuzz. When I started taking closeup pictures of my lips for Kandis of L2K, I was horrified of the peach fuzz I had (and this was before CPs). I started shaving around that time and since I've been using CPs, I don't have to shave more often than I use to - which isn't much (once a month perhaps?) I think we just get more peach fuzz w/ age - with or without the help of products like CPs. While visiting my F-in-law at a nursing home, a women there was in serious need of a SHAVE (yowzza!!). She was in her 90's and most definitely had never seen a razor. Laughing

Quote:
I have just started on the SS serum and TTT, so I will hold off on anything else until I see how these do.

ETA: I had slight itching briefly after applying the SS serum, but I had no redness on my face like I had with the SS cream, so I am taking that as a good thing!


Good to hear on that.

_________________
late 50's, fair skin, combo skin, very few fine lines, vertical lip lines, crows feet & 11's, fighting aging! Using Palancia HF, dermarollers, CPs, Retin A Micro, Safetox, AALS, Clairsonic
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Sun May 29, 2011 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Well, the last thing I'd want would be to grow hair on my neck and chest!! Laughing

Foxe, I *think* I'm following your protocol in regards to a sun damaged chest. I'm currently using the Suntan lotion, sunscreen, and Super Cop too -- with a light layer of oil when needed.

I'm using the same on my neck and adding the TTT.
I should probably incorporate some type of facial exercise that targets the neck. Always something to do...

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sun May 29, 2011 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Personally, I haven't really noticed much increase in my peach fuzz. When I started taking closeup pictures of my lips for Kandis of L2K, I was horrified of the peach fuzz I had (and this was before CPs). I started shaving around that time and since I've been using CPs, I don't have to shave more often than I use to - which isn't much (once a month perhaps?) I think we just get more peach fuzz w/ age - with or without the help of products like CPs. While visiting my F-in-law at a nursing home, a women there was in serious need of a SHAVE (yowzza!!). She was in her 90's and most definitely had never seen a razor. Laughing



LOL. Too funny. You may be right, and it just may be an age related thing instead of the CP's!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Sun May 29, 2011 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I don't really think it adds more follicles, but it makes the ones you already have 'healthier' and 'thicker' so it may appear like you have more.


We're all born with a certain amount of hair follicles - and that's it for life.

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue May 31, 2011 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know which form of DMAE is used in the TTT? I know I asked Nanci about the form in the CP Accelerator and it was not the "bad" form, but I honestly can't remember which is which at the moment!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Tue May 31, 2011 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I suspect it is the amine form due to the more obvious "fishy" odor. I use this from time to time but I'm not sure if I'll continue due to the conflicting information.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue May 31, 2011 6:07 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I suspect it is the amine form due to the more obvious "fishy" odor. I use this from time to time but I'm not sure if I'll continue due to the conflicting information.


Ok, thanks Sis. Yes, I do smell the fishy odor of the TTT. I shot of an email to Nanci just to see if she can confirm which DMAE she uses and which the TTT uses, so I'll let you all know if I hear anything.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Tue May 31, 2011 8:22 am      Reply with quote
As I understand it: most DMAE products use the Bitartrate form - Perricone's uses the amine and this is the one that tends to be the most controversial yet is reported as the most effective - Who knows! I take most reports with a grain of salt, read what I can, Listen to those I trust, try it myself if I think it's worthwhile and then make a decision.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue May 31, 2011 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Ok. Nanci said hers is the Bitartrate form, but she doesn't know the TTT form. She did put a note up on her website to help forgetful people like me remember! Laughing
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jan 2011
Posts: 453
Tue May 31, 2011 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm getting more confused too!! I have just re ordered the Tri and Lacsal also got some folligen for blones.

But now I'm thinking I should have gone with the SS cream or serum. Tightening and firming are my main goals.

I was going to get the TTT but its only a temp solution? I really want to try the CP accelerator but the postage is abit high and can apparently take up to 4 weeks!

I love CP's , I get mostly good days but a few yuk days! My skin is looking a bit dry.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Tue May 31, 2011 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
I'm getting more confused too!! I have just re ordered the Tri and Lacsal also got some folligen for blones.

But now I'm thinking I should have gone with the SS cream or serum. Tightening and firming are my main goals.

I was going to get the TTT but its only a temp solution? I really want to try the CP accelerator but the postage is abit high and can apparently take up to 4 weeks!

I love CP's , I get mostly good days but a few yuk days! My skin is looking a bit dry.


Bermie - I don't know your skin type but I have oily skin and love the creams. I have never had a yuck day with GHK cream or SS cream. Next order I hope you'll give them a try. TTT is temporary but I believe the logic is that when using regularly it is comprehensive and holds for a longer while. (How long I dont know). I mainly got it for my eye area and forget to use it most days).

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 728
Tue May 31, 2011 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie,
Tightening was my main goal too. I am really shocked at how well CPs have worked (using since Dec) The other day, I was in my car driving just touching my skin... and I realized I could no longer "pinch" any loose skin on my neck or cheeks. It was a wow moment.

BTW, I use SS cream and CP serum.

Now... has anyone had success with getting rid of neck or forehead lines??
Question Question Question

_________________
42! Currently using: NCN All-in-One, Mito-Q cream, Eviron AVST, Osea, Grateful Body. Wouldnt be without: Rhassoul clay, avocado oil, Glorybe Herbals hydrosols and perfume oils
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Posts: 622
Tue May 31, 2011 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Does anyone know which form of DMAE is used in the TTT? I know I asked Nanci about the form in the CP Accelerator and it was not the "bad" form, but I honestly can't remember which is which at the moment!


I had read somewhere on the SkinBio forum the TTT is the amine form with a pH that isn't harsh on the skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:


I had read somewhere on the SkinBio forum the TTT is the amine form with a pH that isn't harsh on the skin.


Ahh, this is supposedly the "bad" type that could lead to eventual skin damage.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Tue May 31, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
brierrose wrote:


I had read somewhere on the SkinBio forum the TTT is the amine form with a pH that isn't harsh on the skin.


Ahh, this is supposedly the "bad" type that could lead to eventual skin damage.



What kind of skin damage could result? I'm using the TTT on my neck and chest at the moment. Thanks!

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz) B Kamins Nia-Stem Kx Starter Kit (4 items)