Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
There's another source to buy CPs from. I just recieved an email from Plantinum Skin Care that "Copper is back!".

It appears they're carrying the CP Serum, Super CP Serum and SC2X. From the headline, they must've carried them in the past as well.

If you like to buy from Plantinum Skin Care, this will be a nice way to make one purchase at one place. They've got a nice selection of peels that go along w/ the CPs for scar reduction.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Glad you figured out what's going on w/ your skin lately. Hope the P&R works out for you. How long have you been using them since you mentioned you *might* have started out w/ too high a strength. Which CP too, riley.

I started back in December with the GHK serum. I used that every other day, used the bottle up and then used another 1/2 bottle of the GHK serum after that. The only thing I noticed after about 4 months on the GHK is that I was able to use RA without getting any more broken caps (and my face hair and eyelash growth!). Then I tried the SS Cream, which did not work on my skin (turned bright red every time I tried it). Then I got the SS Serum, which I liked but that is when I noticed the sagging, dull look, and breakouts. I made sure my face was wet, and I sprayed 2 pumps of the SS serum into wet hands and rubbed that into my face. It was only for about 2 weeks, maybe 3 and then my face looked like a droopy dog! Laughing So, I think I jumped too high after the GHK. I have the CP serum, and I usually mix 1 drop of that into an eye cream and use that for my eyes. I am not a big fan of having to mix the serums with water. Now I am on the P&R and so far so good. I just received an order today for the Lactic Power 10, as I had not been using any AHA just my RA every other night. Now it is just giving it time to work or not!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hope it you find a way to make the CP's work for you Riley. I had trouble for the longest time with CP's under my eyes and I was using Premier eyes - the mild one. Plus I can usually use anything without difficulty. Mixing the premier eyes with oil was the difference. I had the uglies for so long before I realized what to do.. (duh). big difference. I know have upgraded to night eyes -regular formula and some nights go without oil, some nights with and no uglies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:23 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hope it you find a way to make the CP's work for you Riley.

Thanks. Me too! I have given up a few of my favorite products for the CP's, so I think I am giving the products a fair trial to see what they do on their own without other products (other than Retin A and the Lactic Power 10). Very Happy
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I am having a c/section in August, and was thinking of using the CP to help prevent the hypertrophic scar that I got after my last c/section. I got the super CP serum, as I wanted to go stronger for the body. At what stage in the healing process should I apply it? No use asking my doctor, he has never heard of CP's...
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:08 am      Reply with quote
cashmerelover wrote:
I am having a c/section in August, and was thinking of using the CP to help prevent the hypertrophic scar that I got after my last c/section. I got the super CP serum, as I wanted to go stronger for the body. At what stage in the healing process should I apply it? No use asking my doctor, he has never heard of CP's...

My guess is after the cut has been healed completely, 1-2 weeks after the scabs fall off.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:51 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Hope it you find a way to make the CP's work for you Riley.

Thanks. Me too! I have given up a few of my favorite products for the CP's, so I think I am giving the products a fair trial to see what they do on their own without other products (other than Retin A and the Lactic Power 10). Very Happy

Are you using Retin A before the CP's? I use R-A once or twice - maybe thrice a week before CP's at night.
It's hard to fit all the good stuff in that we love to use. Smile

What are you favorite products you that you have given up?
The thing is CP's do take a bit to show results so that is a sacrifice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I have yet another question!! If anyone could advise please.

I am using Trid in the pm and Lacsal in the morning.

I am only using a very light layer all over face, neck and chest (of the Tri) no problems, but I find it quite hard to spread? Any suggestions? I don't want to really use any more, afraid it might problems.

also I am finding I am getting blackheads which I have never suffered from before. I think I need more exfoliation?

I have ordered the SS Cream, because my main issue is sag. Could I use both of these?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Are you using Retin A before the CP's? I use R-A once or twice - maybe thrice a week before CP's at night.
It's hard to fit all the good stuff in that we love to use. Smile

What are you favorite products you that you have given up?
The thing is CP's do take a bit to show results so that is a sacrifice.

I actually use the GHK serum before the RA about 3 nights a week, and then on the other nights I use the Protect and Restore. I am loving this Protect and Restore, and I am seeing some very slight tightening at my jaw and on my cheeks. It is slight, but there is a definite difference, which is very encouraging. I guess it takes trial and error to see which of the CP's will work on one's own skin.

I gave up my Skinceuticals C, and my Estee Lauder Illuminating Serum for the time being, as I think there is only so much the skin can handle, plus I want to see how the CP's works with a minimal routine. It really is hard to fit in all the products we love! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Your observance about P&R is interesting. When I first used CP's about 4 years back I found P&R was the best product Of the bunch for me. I have oily and unsensitive skin and didn't think it would "touch" anything. Wrong.

When I started using CP's again - over a year or so ago - the first product I chose was SS Serum and also used Super CP for a while adding in Super Cop and 2X when I rolled (Whoah).
Lately - at least 6 months I've fallen hard for the GHK products and Im going to give P&R a go again in the Fall.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Anybody using the Sun products???

Currently when I'm out and about I use Day Cover and Coppper Sun for Sunscreen protection. I know that might not be a popular choice but I like it if I'm not doing a long time in the sun. I feel like I'm still getting a good dose of Vit D and some sun cover.
Otherwise I have other goodies I've read about on EDS - mostly for face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:

I am only using a very light layer all over face, neck and chest (of the Tri) no problems, but I find it quite hard to spread? Any suggestions? I don't want to really use any more, afraid it might problems.

also I am finding I am getting blackheads which I have never suffered from before. I think I need more exfoliation?

I have ordered the SS Cream, because my main issue is sag. Could I use both of these?

If you want to use both the SS Cream and the Trireduction, perhaps alternate days with them?

Is your lacsal a cream based one? I wonder if you shouldn't switch to the serums. Or, try the Exfol serum - it's salicylic acid which is better at getting INTO the pores and keeping them open.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:48 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Anybody using the Sun products???

Currently when I'm out and about I use Day Cover and Coppper Sun for Sunscreen protection. I know that might not be a popular choice but I like it if I'm not doing a long time in the sun. I feel like I'm still getting a good dose of Vit D and some sun cover.
Otherwise I have other goodies I've read about on EDS - mostly for face.

I do the same as you, sis. I use the Day Cover on my face and the Copper Sun for my upper body when I'm running around (and perhaps a little bit of a stronger one for my nose and chest which NEED more protection.)

I like the bit about getting Vit D too.

I also will use these when I'm out in the sun all day, but I definitely need something stronger over them for more protection.

The first time I was out boating this year, I only used the Skin Bio products and it wasn't enough. I did get a little red. But, I applied the Body Lotion thoroughly that night and for the next few days topping it with emu oil (mixed w/ tamanu) and my skin did not peel. It did turn to tan (and I don't normally tan very easily).

I find it's best to top the Skin Bio products w/ a stronger SS if you'll be out in the sun for a prolonged period of time, but they (by themselves) seem strong enough for me when running around in the car and in & out of buildings or watering plants for a little bit. YMMV on this, though - know your own skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:56 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Bermie2 wrote:

If you want to use both the SS Cream and the Trireduction, perhaps alternate days with them?

Is your lacsal a cream based one? I wonder if you shouldn't switch to the serums. Or, try the Exfol serum - it's salicylic acid which is better at getting INTO the pores and keeping them open.

Good suggestion foxe!! I will alternate them. I did try the Exfol serum at the beginning, I liked it too. I really do think my skin likes more manual exfoliation, I have been doing it again and the pores are alot better already.

On another note, I just opened my new tube of Tri that I received a few weeks ago and nearly had a major booboo!! The consistency is so different, and the colour, my old one was dark green where as this is more carribean blue? also much more watery, which is much better for spreading and solved my problem regarding that!! But I wasn't expecting it to come out so fast an it went everywhere!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Bermie: When I've purchased triRed it's the caribbean blue color, slightly runny. I wonder if you had something incorrectly packaged the last time?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I find the consistency of the creams to be different from batch to batch. I think they are also trying different formulas in the base of the creams to see which ones work out best. Not sure they've decided which ones they like best, yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I find the consistency of the creams to be different from batch to batch. I think they are also trying different formulas in the base of the creams to see which ones work out best. Not sure they've decided which ones they like best, yet.

They haven't decided which ones they like best???? what? Are you serious? Tri=Red has been around a long while as have others. I would hope they've established some standard in the product - especially the ones that have been around for a while. I'm a big fan of Dr. P and CP's but the average consumer does not want every batch of a product to be a potential new test trial.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

They haven't decided which ones they like best???? what? Are you serious? Tri=Red has been around a long while as have others. I would hope they've established some standard in the product - especially the ones that have been around for a while. I'm a big fan of Dr. P and CP's but the average consumer does not want every batch of a product to be a potential new test trial.

I have heard this IS what he does. He tinkers with the formulas. Not the "active" ingredient but the bases. My first couple of GHK serums were very watery, like the 2nd gen CP's, but then the last one I ordered was thick, nothing at all like the others I had used. He tinkers with the bases/preservatives, etc.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly, Rileygirl. I always get a sample size of the SC2X (have probably used about 4 of these over the years) and the thickness of that has changed as has the consistency of several other creams. I believe they've even done it w/ some of the serums. Riley - the GHK Serum is one CP I haven't tried. If it's a thicker serum than the CP or Super CP Serums, I would like that. I may have to order that one sometime soon.

Sis, people have asked about those things on the forum and Dr P has replied that they do change things up from time to time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Riley - the GHK Serum is one CP I haven't tried. If it's a thicker serum than the CP or Super CP Serums, I would like that. I may have to order that one sometime soon.

Well, the only deal is I am not sure if you will get the thicker one or if it went back to watery!! Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I have heard this IS what he does. He tinkers with the formulas. Not the "active" ingredient but the bases. My first couple of GHK serums were very watery, like the 2nd gen CP's, but then the last one I ordered was thick, nothing at all like the others I had used. He tinkers with the bases/preservatives, etc.

I just find it odd that the color would be so different in one batch of Tri to another because isn't it the copper that causes color. I know he has been working with the GHK formula and ss Cream. He's even said that - especially with regard to how runny it is. I'm surprised to hear such a difference from one Tri to another.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I just find it odd that the color would be so different in one batch of Tri to another because isn't it the copper that causes color. I know he has been working with the GHK formula and ss Cream. He's even said that - especially with regard to how runny it is. I'm surprised to hear such a difference from one Tri to another.

My personal opinion is some get an "older" batch than others. My sample of the trireduction was green, not the pretty bright blue that the GHK is. If I get a new bottle of CP serum it is blue, but the longer it sits the darker color it gets. So, I think age has something to do with it.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I started with the Retinol, then went on to the Tri, so have only used one of each, both lasted about 4 months approx.

Then I ordered the second Tri and just last week the SS Cream.
My first Tri was dark green and thick when I got it, never changed colour or consistency.
This new Tri is completely different, carribean blue, and quite watery. I opened the SS Cream last night and it is the exact same colour and texture of the Triduction??

Seems strange...but obviously the Dr is definitely changing something? I am not really worried as long as we are still getting all the benefits of the copper. To be honest it's much easier to spread when its watery like this!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I think all of this points to why CP's are not mainstream. When you think about the inconstancy of the products.. the uglies...the fact that you have to keep trying different stuff to see what works.. you can see why cosmetics companies don't want to fool with it.
I for one..like cp's.. my skin is tighter for sure..and I love that. but they are not the single silver bullet. but, a great tool. I'm headed back to obaji to give my skin that youthful baby like quality..that cp's are failing to do..I still have sun spots..and I've been using SB since last October. I'm buying some clear to get rid of it...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I think all of this points to why CP's are not mainstream. When you think about the inconstancy of the products.. the uglies...the fact that you have to keep trying different stuff to see what works.. you can see why cosmetics companies don't want to fool with it.
I for one..like cp's.. my skin is tighter for sure..and I love that. but they are not the single silver bullet. but, a great tool. I'm headed back to obaji to give my skin that youthful baby like quality..that cp's are failing to do..I still have sun spots..and I've been using SB since last October. I'm buying some clear to get rid of it...

Hi hotdocgirl. I agree with you on why CP's are more mainstream, way too much trial and error involved to find what is "right" for one's skin. I am still hoping for the tightening with the CP's!

Will you continue with the CP's and just add the Clear in to your routine?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |