Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Skin Biology's Copper Peptides

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:44 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Let's all be really aware. In this day and age, any product line that works will have extensive before and after photos. (That are OBVIOUSLY not photo-shopped) I've taken my own before and after photos. I can clearly see what improvements I've had or haven't had when I use products. Any product line that makes great claims that cannot show clear documentation from customers - something is really off IMO.


Why would you try the product if you think something was "off"... Not following that logic.
Anyway - I hope Obagi will help you. There's something for everyone out there. Thank goodness.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:47 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
e! I was just wondering because after using my Osmosis products (which some contain cps) I noticed I have more peach fuzz on my face. Maybe it's from something else!


Hi SCJ! I think it is the CP's. I also have had increased peach fuzz since using CP's, and I know there was another poster who said the same. I guess there are some of us that the facial hair just happens to!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:44 am      Reply with quote
The hair growth only makes sense since folligen - another Copper Peptide product is used specifically for that reason. Must be something about the copper that stimulates hair follicles? I use folligen on my eyelashes and brows these days. (Along with Careprost).

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 1898
Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
facial hairs will increase w/ age and with menopause too guys.

_________________
late 50's, fair skin, combo skin, very few fine lines, vertical lip lines, crows feet & 11's, fighting aging! Using Palancia HF, dermarollers, CPs, Retin A Micro, Safetox, AALS, Clairsonic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I can't say as I've noticed any facial hair growth but I don't tend to have much hair anywhere except on my head.

Good point about age and menopause - hair growth might be from the effects of CP's or hormones or both. Although I suspect if hair all of sudden becomes noticeable after starting CP's it becomes suspect that it's from the CP's.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Although I suspect if hair all of sudden becomes noticeable after starting CP's it becomes suspect that it's from the CP's.


Yes, exactly. My peach fuzz only started after I started the GHK. Too much of a coincidence to attribute it strictly to age/menopause.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 462
Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:11 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Although I suspect if hair all of sudden becomes noticeable after starting CP's it becomes suspect that it's from the CP's.


Yes, exactly. My peach fuzz only started after I started the GHK. Too much of a coincidence to attribute it strictly to age/menopause.


Good Gods I hope I'm not going through menopause I just turned 25! Very Happy

So for some of us the CP's must cause Peach Fuzz. I guess we're just lucky!:P
Harlo
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 May 2011
Posts: 7
Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi all Smile

I had been using Skin Biologys Second Gen. Peptides for a year and it did nothing for me. For me 1st gen. works well but its no "miracle"
I don't wish to start another debate. I just wanted to leave my experience for others to evaluate and decide for themselves.
I'm glad its worked for some people but for me good ol vit c & retinol A have worked much better for acne, tone & lines.
Cheers Harlo
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 1025
Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Copper Peptides keep tempting me but Vitamin C seems to have more evidence behind it supporting its anti-aging benefits. Which do you think wors better Vitamin C or Copper?
Harlo
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 May 2011
Posts: 7
Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi echoecho Smile
In my experience vit c is an essential nightly use. Don't bother with ready, expensive made. Get vit c powder via Skinactives, bulk actives etc and make your own.
I use Ghk-cu copper peptides weekly as a "treatment". You can also buy them from the "actives" store Wink
Don't use them together, use at least 8 hours apart.
Just experiment to see what works best on you.
Best wishes
Harlo
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 1025
Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. For your response. Will use the copper as a weekly treatment then.
lulu68
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2011
Posts: 26
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:12 am      Reply with quote
After reading this thread and other comments about CP's, I went and ordered the Facial Regeneration Sample Kit as well as the TTT (I got 2 little Super GHK's as bonuses because I'm under the impression from what I've read here that these are good for the eyes).

Anyway, I couldn't wait for it to arrive ... waiting, waiting, waiting, finally it arrives and then I'm too nervous to try it because of all the layering etc. I really don't want to have to think too hard in the mornings when I wake up.

Of course, since joining EDS, Ive gone on a buying spree and am currently waiting for the ingredients for my DIY VitC serum to arrive, so I'll have to incorporate that. I live in QLD, Australia, so a sunscreen is a must which is why my moisturiser is SPF 15, so that has to stay but it's got Zinc Oxide in it.

So, tonight I start.
My plan is
AM: Cleanse, Exfol Cream (when this sample runs out I'll switch to Lac Sal), wait 20min then SS moisturiser and MMU (When I start using Vit C, do I need to wait between the Vit C and the SS?)
PM: Cleanse, SuperGHK, TTT?? (I had thought it was more of a temporary tightening for day)

I thought I'd use the whole of one of the sample SuperGHK, then move onto the 3 P&R samples (still using the remaining sample SuperGHK around the eyes), then the CPSerum w Emu Oil.


I thought I had the TTT worked in until I read this -> healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5990018252/m/8701089316

_________________
42, Fair with combination skin, red around the nose - I would love, love, love to have nice, evenly toned skin.
lulu68
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2011
Posts: 26
Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:09 am      Reply with quote
The SS I'm talking about in the post above is Sun Screen, not Skin Signals. Embarassed

_________________
42, Fair with combination skin, red around the nose - I would love, love, love to have nice, evenly toned skin.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 1898
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Copper Peptides keep tempting me but Vitamin C seems to have more evidence behind it supporting its anti-aging benefits. Which do you think wors better Vitamin C or Copper?


I actually like copper peptides better than vit c. I will use a topical vit c occasionally - esp near a major dermaroll session.
But, I just take my vit C internally (supplement) instead - works better that way.

Also, Skin Bio have a study posted on their website from a long time ago stating that between topical Vit C, retonic acid (Retin A) and copper peptides, the CPs were most effective in the skin's production of collagen.

Quote:
Human Skin Renewal Study

Description A clinical study which compared the effect on the skin's production of collagen after using creams containing copper-peptides, vitamin C, or retinoic acid (retin-A) Twenty volunteers applied the various creams to their thighs daily for one month. New collagen production was determined by studying skin biopsy samples using immunohistological techniques.

Result The study found, that after one month, copper-peptides had the most significant effect on collagen production. Significant increases in collagen production were found in 70% of the persons treated with copper-peptide creams, 50% of the persons treated with the vitamin C cream, and 40% of the persons treated with retinoic acid.


http://www.reverseskinaging.com/references.html#cs2

It's always a good idea to add supplements of oral Vitamin C and MSM (1 gr each) to aid in skin renewal. I use a time released vit c since taking it all at once doesn't work as well (you should split it to 2 doses of 500mg otherwise)

_________________
late 50's, fair skin, combo skin, very few fine lines, vertical lip lines, crows feet & 11's, fighting aging! Using Palancia HF, dermarollers, CPs, Retin A Micro, Safetox, AALS, Clairsonic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 1898
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
lulu68 wrote:
After reading this thread and other comments about CP's, I went and ordered the Facial Regeneration Sample Kit as well as the TTT (I got 2 little Super GHK's as bonuses because I'm under the impression from what I've read here that these are good for the eyes).

Anyway, I couldn't wait for it to arrive ... waiting, waiting, waiting, finally it arrives and then I'm too nervous to try it because of all the layering etc. I really don't want to have to think too hard in the mornings when I wake up.

Of course, since joining EDS, Ive gone on a buying spree and am currently waiting for the ingredients for my DIY VitC serum to arrive, so I'll have to incorporate that. I live in QLD, Australia, so a sunscreen is a must which is why my moisturiser is SPF 15, so that has to stay but it's got Zinc Oxide in it.

So, tonight I start.
My plan is
AM: Cleanse, Exfol Cream (when this sample runs out I'll switch to Lac Sal), wait 20min then SS moisturiser and MMU (When I start using Vit C, do I need to wait between the Vit C and the SS?)
PM: Cleanse, SuperGHK, TTT?? (I had thought it was more of a temporary tightening for day)

I thought I'd use the whole of one of the sample SuperGHK, then move onto the 3 P&R samples (still using the remaining sample SuperGHK around the eyes), then the CPSerum w Emu Oil.


I thought I had the TTT worked in until I read this -> healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5990018252/m/8701089316


Your plan looks good so far. I actually use the TTT during the day or on evenings for special occasions. I also think of it as a temporary solution. I think using it over the vit C in the AM or under the moisturizer might work best. I don't use mine too much, so I may not be the best one to answer this.

Your night time routine w/ the GHK looks good. When you move to the CP Serum, you could add the exfoliant to the night time instead of morning if you want. You just can't use it at the same time as the GHK since it would break down the GHK.

And using a SS w/ zinc in it would be best used w/ a vit C product since Dr P says zinc interfers w/ the copper in the CPs.

_________________
late 50's, fair skin, combo skin, very few fine lines, vertical lip lines, crows feet & 11's, fighting aging! Using Palancia HF, dermarollers, CPs, Retin A Micro, Safetox, AALS, Clairsonic
lulu68
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2011
Posts: 26
Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks foxe - I was planning on Vit C in the morning under the sun screen.

_________________
42, Fair with combination skin, red around the nose - I would love, love, love to have nice, evenly toned skin.
jenp7
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jun 2011
Posts: 127
Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
At what age should someone consider using CPs? they seem aggressive, but if they could help thicken undereye skin and possible tighten up my cheek area a little (I have lost some weight recently) I would be game to try them. Is this a resonable expectation? I just don't want to make things worse...

_________________
36 yr old, with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises and natural skin care products. Just starting dermaroll/derminator
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 556
Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ya know..like anything..I think it comes down to the fact that some products work wonders for some of us..and then don't for others.

I like cp's..they're tricky and I wouldn't tell just anyone to use them..but they have given me tighter skin.
I really believe Vit. C serums work..but not on me. I want it too..but I find it really does nothing..but cost a lot of money.
I was watching the video on the Obaji website about their vit. C serum program..and I was tempted to try it..but then..I know better.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
jenp - If you try them at all (and for your age) I'd go with ghk cream as a good all-around CP - you can use around eyes too.
If you use second gens stick with regular CP serum and I'd add over an oil designed for your skin to start.

You could also get night eyes - combine with an oil such as marula and use that.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 596
Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the GHK for a good month and recently added CP Night Eyes and I'm loving the results! In addition I do use 2% Retinol and Vitamin C serum. I also take MSM + Vitamin C supplement daily to boost my skin collagen internally with Bee Pollen, Cod Liver Oil + VitaMineral Green

I also use Shea Terra Organic Argan Green Coffee and spray STO Rose Water. I love natural products!!

I weekly dermaroll, facial excercise and occasionally use LightStim Smile
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 1025
Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:14 am      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
I've been using the GHK for a good month and recently added CP Night Eyes and I'm loving the results! In addition I do use 2% Retinol and Vitamin C serum. I also take MSM + Vitamin C supplement daily to boost my skin collagen internally with Bee Pollen, Cod Liver Oil + VitaMineral Green

I also use Shea Terra Organic Argan Green Coffee and spray STO Rose Water. I love natural products!!

I weekly dermaroll, facial excercise and occasionally use LightStim Smile


Do you use retinol on doctors prescription or OTC? Also what is VitaMineral Green?

_________________
AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
marcia36
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 234
Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there i started using sb products about 2 weeks ago so i cant give a review yet as i feel with skincare it takes a good 6 weeks before the slightest progress.But so far so good .I was using lacsal then wait 20 min then added cp serum for the first week then the 2nd week i did lacsal then cp then waited then applied my retin a over the top.Tonight i have done the same except i am trying the super cp too see how i get on.I have been using the super on my hands for 2 weeks so i thought id see how i can handle it on my face.Maybe i should leave out the retin a with this strenghth for a few days until i adjust.What do you think?I have also been looking in too obagi as i want to get rid of sun spots on my face and hands as im not sure the sb products will do much for brown spots or freckles.But im not sure if the sb and obagi will work ok together .Or should i give the sb products time to see if they fade the freckles.I have used retin a for 5 months and its not done much to be honest but i know it can take a long time.Your thouhgts would be much appreciated.kind regards xx
jessicantique
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jun 2011
Posts: 12
Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:43 am      Reply with quote
these few months i had developed sort of allergic skin , a lot of tiny and small bumps, a bit red , some patches on my two cheeks. i have stopped most skincare products, only use skin oils and toners , it seems even some tonesrs (might be the essential oils) trigger my allergic reaction.
my skin dry out easily and seems it doesn't absorb anything i put on it. in the past, after my diy vitamin C mask, i always have that glow ang bright look, now i always look very dull, and a lot of small bumps come from nowhere. i also try to cleanse myself internally, but to no avail.

the thing is , i had the CP Serum i bought two years ago, i use if intermittently (since i was trying out too many other skincares...) it surprise me that i mix it with a base cream that night, the other morning, my skin is lesss bumpy and red, and it seems more smooth,, i heard that CP needs to be used sparingly or use it on one and other day, so i will try to see how it goes,,,

but can anyone knows what 's the mechanisum behind it?
i used to be tolerable to Retin A and a lot of acidic stuff, now i seem a lot more easily to get allergic reaction, it seems whatever i put on my skin, it reacts and got the bumps and redness, nowadays i only use evian/shea butter and skin oils, sometimes DIY c, but my skin looks kind of dull and i hate those tiny bumps on my two cheeks....
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 556
Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
Hi there i started using sb products about 2 weeks ago so i cant give a review yet as i feel with skincare it takes a good 6 weeks before the slightest progress.But so far so good .I was using lacsal then wait 20 min then added cp serum for the first week then the 2nd week i did lacsal then cp then waited then applied my retin a over the top.Tonight i have done the same except i am trying the super cp too see how i get on.I have been using the super on my hands for 2 weeks so i thought id see how i can handle it on my face.Maybe i should leave out the retin a with this strenghth for a few days until i adjust.What do you think?I have also been looking in too obagi as i want
to get rid of sun spots on my face and hands as im not sure the sb products will do much for brown spots or freckles.But im not sure if the sb and obagi will work ok together .Or should i give the sb products time to see if they fade the freckles.I have used retin a for 5 months and its not done much to be honest but i know it can take a long time.Your thouhgts would be much appreciated.kind regards xx


SB has not worked on my brown spots at all..I've been on it since last October. I like how it tightens my skin...but now doing other things to get even skin tone.. I've given way long enough. If I were you..I'd do obaji clear to get rid of the spots and use your cp's.
marcia36
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 234
Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi thank you for your reply.Do you mean just use the clear, no other obagi product would this be enough ,i was thinking the blender mixed in with the retin a at night then the clear in the morning with cps somewhere slotted in.Did you get results with just the clear ,im a bit wary of the whole hq thing but willing to give it a go.Toninght my face looks a bit saggy which ive never noticed before .Last night i put super cps on over the retin a this is the first time ive used the super ive used the regular cp for 2 weeks,maybe it too early for the super.How long before you seen results.kind regards xx
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control (85 g / 3 oz) Tanda ZAP - White Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items)