Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I didn't know SB was selling kits. What a great idea-- because it does get confusing on what to use..so many choices and combinations.
I'm going to have to go nose around the SB site to see what else is new.
shanmarsh1

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:33 am      Reply with quote
I quit using the 2nd gen. I have 2/3 of a bottle of that left. I did get some of the 1st gen. cream from Nanci. I'll give it a while and see what happens.
redcat
5% products discount

Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi there friends.

So I am not sure if CP's are working for me or not, just is out but I don't think I am having any negative effects.

Does anyone use the CP serum or Protect and Restore or body version on your LEGS/THIGHS to tighten skin? This is the area I need the most work on....very saggy stretchy skin in spite of diet, workouts and being thin..very....Connective tissue disorder makes skin loose.....and YUKKKKK and I want to firm it up badly on legs/thighs.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about the body. On the SB forum, they seem to think it works. I've read posts from people who have lost a lot of weight and have sagging skin using it.
I don't have any severe issues..but I've used the body lotion..and now I put cp serum in my favorite cream and use it that way. I think my body skin looks younger but not anything amazing. I do know my face and neck look tighter. but, with this said..I never used any glycolic or aha on my body skin..maybe that is why it hasn't worked for me like others.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hotdocgirl, do you use an AHA on your face? (If so, which one did/do you use?)
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Riley girl..I just now bought one today. I've heard all these rave reviews about walgreens aha cream for $7. I've looked for it so many times and found it today.. I am going to start using that in the a.m.. It is only 8% aha. (I'm also starting back on retin a..and trying to do my own version of obaji along with my cp's)
I have also done glycolic before..used many brands but always creams with 17% up to 30% glycolic... I have also done strong peels by buying them on Make Up Artists Choice website.

But ahas make my face red..but I think this lower percentage aha might be a good idea for me.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi HDG! Tell me how you are going to use the CP's with your own version of Obagi!

Good luck with the Walgreens AHA. I have heard it was good. I have the same thing happen when I use AHA's; my face turns red. I can use the Lactic Power 10 from Skinbiology but not every day. The older I get, the more sensitive my skin has gotten!!
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
yeah..I used glycolic peels and creams for about 10 years...and my face was red. I didn't realize it was from the aha's until I went on obaji and realized it was the exfoderm forte that really made me red...and the aha was the common thread.
However it does work..excpet for the red face..so many estheticians thought I had rosacea.

So I shied away from using it with my cp's. As for obaji and cp's... I have not figured out for sure what I'll do about doing both at once. I think I'll use my skin signals cream at night and use the serum in the a.m. I think that is right..that aha's ruin first generation cp's which are in the skin signals cream..right? Or is it vit c? gotta get it straight.
I'm also lucky that I have time to put one thing on and let it soak in..and layer without it all going on right in a row ...makes me think there is no way all of it can work when it is layerd quickly.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, same for me. My red face on Obagi was from the Exfoderm!

I think you do have it right and that you are supposed to avoid acids when using the 1st generation of CP's.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a trial kit from Skin Biology on Dec. 10. On Dec. 22 I sent the company a message asking when or if the kit had been shipped. I wouldn't expect to hear from them till after the holidays. For those of you who order from SB, how long does it usually take you to get your order? My card has been charged but no goodies yet. Sad
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
That is odd..they normally send it right out. I'd say two to three days is the norm for me.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I would phone them after Monday and see what happened. They usually do get orders out quickly.

5% products discount

Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Is exfoliation a necessity when using copper peptides.

I mean if the copper peptides did bring damaged skin to the surface and you didn't exfoliate then would the old damaged skin stay there forever?
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I would phone them after Monday and see what happened. They usually do get orders out quickly.

I got an e-mail from Shannon at SB. She said she would drop another package in the mail and check with USPS. Smile
weluvnik
5% products discount

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! Due to all the great info on this site, I recently splurged and bought a bunch of new skin care products. They arrived today and now I sit here wondering when to apply what! I am 47 and had nice skin until recently (sagging, larger pores, and small red bumps that pop up). I feel like I'm really starting to show my age and I hate it! Smile These are the products I bought:

- dr pickart's cleanser & NCN rhassoul cleansing bar (wanted to try both)
- lacsal cream
- super GHK cream
- NCN CP accelerator
- 2 timing tightener (hoping this will help under my jaw)

I also have a glycolic peel kit and some mary kay vitamin c serum that I like, but am not married to.

What do you recommend for my routine? I don't want to combine products that shouldn't be combined, and I also want to be able to safely apply my makeup over whatever I use in the AM.

Also, is there a cp product that would fade an old childhood scar that is under my nose? What about broken cappiliaries/veins in that same area?

Thanks so much!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
It is always exciting to try new products. This is my recommendation:

AM:
Cleanse (I have the Rhassoul bar and LOVE it)
Super GHK
Two timing tightner

PM:
Cleans
Lacsal
CP Acel. (I would do this at night, it is super thick and heavy)

If you are going to incorporate the Vitamin C I would do it after the lacsal.

Good luck and have fun!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
It is always exciting to try new products. This is my recommendation:

AM:
Cleanse (I have the Rhassoul bar and LOVE it)
Super GHK
Two timing tightner

PM:
Cleans
Lacsal
CP Acel. (I would do this at night, it is super thick and heavy)

If you are going to incorporate the Vitamin C I would do it after the lacsal.

Good luck and have fun!

I like everything about this routine, but if it were me I would alternate the Lacsal one night and the C the next night (just in case there is any interaction between the Mary Kay C and the Lacsal).
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Very good point rileygirl good! I like that much better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi weluvnik wave

If you want to work on a scar you could try Super CP serum and combine with a moisturizer at first so you don't get 'uglies'... and work to full strength. For remodeling purposes you may want to do an AHA at one end of the day and the Super CP at the other. Eventually you could work up to Super Cop...Super Cop 2X. These are considered the holy grail but also to be respected when you are trying to effect change on scars. Very slowly is the key. I encourage you to ask on the Skin Biology forum and they will help you with specifics.

The only revision I have to consider to erg's routine is to use the CP accelerator twice a day. This is what Nanci does but then I guess she has that luxury. I use a small amount in the morning and a little more at night. Sometimes I alternate with other antioxidant formulas I have (And I have a few Laughing ) Even a nice Vit E enriched oil can work. I have a few and they are fine on oily skin too.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all the thoughtful replies! I was going to ask about the cp accelerator... I was under the impression that it should be used right after the cp to boost it. Using it both am and pm would solve that.

Sister Sweets... I thought about buying a stronger cp to use as a spot treatment on my scar. Maybe I'll see how I do with all this new stuff and then give it a try.

One last question.... Do any of you use an LED light? I splurged and also bought one of those! I was told not to have anything on my skin before using it... But my face feels so dry after I wash it. Is it ok to use it after applying products?

Thanks again for all the great advice!
cbhattarai

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:02 am      Reply with quote
The information is really a great one..
Thank You
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to chime in that I've had a lot of success using just CP Serum which is a "mild" 2nd generation CP. I've managed to rebuild my eye area in a year and a half of use. Have started using Super CP Serum some too but still diluting due to uglies. The copper peptides work but the process is sllllllowwww and sure some days I think the result isn't amazing but I also forget how horrible my skin was.... should have taken before pics. Very Happy
handush

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I started using regular CP Serum one month ago and now I'm using full strengt of it and just started Night Eyes Premier. I'm 28 years old and my skin is in a good condition but I've got a small ice pick scar on my right cheek and my skin tends to be blocthy sometimes because of Tretinoin usage. After one month of CP usage, my skin texture is really improved, my pores look like smaller and the color is more even. The horizontal diameter of my scar didn't change but it looks more shallow vertically. I've never seen uglies but definitely I've got much more peach fuzz than before.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:33 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Just wanted to chime in that I've had a lot of success using just CP Serum which is a "mild" 2nd generation CP. I've managed to rebuild my eye area in a year and a half of use. Have started using Super CP Serum some too but still diluting due to uglies. The copper peptides work but the process is sllllllowwww and sure some days I think the result isn't amazing but I also forget how horrible my skin was.... should have taken before pics. Very Happy

Gretchen,
I know totally what you mean. I've had slow and steady progress with CPs. One day I just woke up and thought, wow my skin feels firmer. No uglies, nothing. I just went really slow.
I am using up Skin Signals right now and I think I am going to try 1st generation only for awhile.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
DAMN I didn't know eds wipes out your cart between log-ins and I'd selected a bunch of products I'd researched on here. I NEED TO MAKE MY PURCHASE TODAY or my gift certif will run out.

I've never used cp's before so wanted to start with the original ghk and maybe get one more. Normal but quite oily, addressing large-ish pores, small specs (old pock marks?), & slight discolorations.

Can someone help me select the correct products? There are SO many that look similar I don't have time to go through everything all over again and have a poor memory for these things. Thank you!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |