Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:00 am      Reply with quote
So far so good with the Skin Signals Cream. I think I'm about 2 weeks in using every other day (I forgot to mark what day I started)...

Skin is looking very nice these days, although I don't expect to see anything in regards to results this early on. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to a sunscreen brand on the days I use the SSC? I'm kind of at a loss at the moment as far as what sunscreen to use with CP's and I'm having a difficult time finding something without zinc...any suggestions would be appreciated!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
bren21~ If you just use Skin Signals at night you can use any sunscreen you like in the a.m.

On days that I'm not outside too long I love the Daycover and find it to be adequate.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I just received a bottle of the Daycover. I am wondering just how much protection it gives. I'm thinking if you are going to get a lot of sun exposure, it wouldn't be enough.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the SSC during the day, so I am thinking instead of dreading over what sunscreen to use over CP's in the AM, I may just have to start using the SSC at night with my retin-a.

So if I do start using the SSC at night, how would I apply the LacSal in the AM (what order would it go with my other stuff?)

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:00 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I just received a bottle of the Daycover. I am wondering just how much protection it gives. I'm thinking if you are going to get a lot of sun exposure, it wouldn't be enough.

I don't think it would offer enough protection if you were going to be in the sun for a long time. I like it for daily use, and it has become my favorite Skinbio product, but I would not trust it for long hours in the sun. I think Dr. Pickart says to apply something else on top if you are going to be in the sun for longer periods, but not positive on that.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:08 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

If you're doing a full day of sun exposure, then you will need additional protection. Just top the Daycover with another SS. I think the Daycover is perfect for daily use as it has the CPs in it (which act as a protective anti-oxidant to sun exposure), but not enough for serious sun. The Daycover has other ingredients in it that also help with sun protection like squalane and allantoin. It is just a small amount of TiO2 in there compared to most SS out there.

I use Jane Iredale's Mineral Makeup and it has a 20SPF rating, so that, along with the Daycover works for me on most occasions. But, when I travel to vacation destinations, I might add a little ZnO based SS to my nose (that always needs more). Of course, YMMV on this, so you will need to experiment.

I do find that if I get a little color or some pinkness, that if I apply my CPs at the end of the day, the pinkness is gone by morning. The CPs do really help heal things up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:11 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I've been using the SSC during the day, so I am thinking instead of dreading over what sunscreen to use over CP's in the AM, I may just have to start using the SSC at night with my retin-a.

So if I do start using the SSC at night, how would I apply the LacSal in the AM (what order would it go with my other stuff?)

The way to use AHAs and BHAs is to give them time to work before applying other products on top. They work by having a LOW pH and if another product is applied over that, it will change the pH and cause the acid to stop doing its job. Usually you need to give the acid about 20-30 minutes to neutralize, so cleanse your skin, apply the LacSal and do something else for a little while before continuing with your routine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Foxe! I think using the SSC at night is what I'm going to do. Seems to be the easier solution.

packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you rileygirl and foxe. I appreciate your help. Smile
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Question for CP users: Smile
I have been using Skin Signals Cream for about 8 or 9 months with good results. As most of you know, SSC is a mix of 1st and 2nd generation peptides. I have had good results with this.

However, it is time to re-order and I am thinking about switching it up. I am thinking about GHK (1st generation peptides only). While it is technically milder, I am hoping it be a kickstarts.

So, my question is have anyone gone back to 1st generation only after using 2nd generation. What were your results?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi erg, I alternate SS Cream and GHK every other day. I definitely would use the GHK, if I were you. I really like the 2nd Gen CPS. But, I feel more confident when I use the GHK because of all the published studies proving it's many benefits. I think there is very little research that supports the 2nd Gen CPs. Although, many people remodeling their skin (scar reduction) have great results with them. This may be proof enough for some. I don't need this kind of help, so I try to stay on the milder end of the CP spectrum. GHK is perfect for this. The GHK cream is very nice. I am using the SS Cream to try and achieve some skin firming.

Yes, many people on the Skin Bio boards take breaks from using the 2nd Gen CPs and only use the GHK for a while. I have also read many posts from people saying that GHK alone has improved their skin.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I guess for me it is also a confidence thing. I like your idea of alternating!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi packratmack & erg,

Do you use AHA or BHA in your CP/GHK skincare routine? If so, how?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi packratmack & erg,

You can use an AHA or a BHA with CPs or GHKs, but the GHKs are more fragile than the 2nd generation CPs and don't 'play' well with them. Therefore, they should not be used at the same time of day - give them a break between uses. Use an acid at one end of the day (say - morning) and use the GHK at the other. The acids can break down the fragile GHK.

Dr Pickart actually developed the 2nd gen CPs because of the fragility of the 1st gen GHK CPs. He wanted something that could stand up to acids. Dr Pickart has said this about them:
Quote:
In 1994, I started Skin Biology to develop an improved second generation of skin regenerative copper peptides with enhanced potency,[enhanced] breakdown resistance, longer duration of action and higher adherence to skin.

The GHK CPs have more studies on them because (Dr Pickart has said) they are naturally found in humans. Besides that, I believe there is a pretty tight hold on the patents on the newer CPs, so we may not see alot on that for a while. There have been a few studies out, but not as much as the GHK CPs.

I go by what Dr Pickart has always said, which is that the 2nd gen CPs 'behave like the 1st generation ones, only better'. He has a lot of faith in them and they've always worked good for me, so I continue to use them. The Skin Signals Cream is a good one for those who'd like both the 2nd and 1st gen CPs since they're both in there.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Which would be better do you suppose, Skin Signals Solution or cream? or Trireduction? Is the cream heavy and or cause break outs? I guess my main concern is some left over acne scars (like hyperpigmentataion and mild scars) and general anti aging.

I want my cheek lines and plumpness back too Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 am      Reply with quote
ketchup - they are very different. To choose between those you have mentioned I would start with the skin signals cream. Trired could be too much if you are new to Copper Peptds.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:13 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi packratmack & erg,

Hi. The only chemical exfoliant that I can tolerate is Lactic Acid. I use a DIY toner with 5% lactic acid daily on opposite time of the day as my CPs.

I did try lacsal and liked it very much.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
ketchup - they are very different. To choose between those you have mentioned I would start with the skin signals cream. Trired could be too much if you are new to Copper Peptds.

I see, I gave my friends cp serum a test try, but didn't care for the consistency. I dont believe i had a reaction to it either.

As long as it doesn't cause breakouts im on board to try cp's again;however,doing a little reading i see that you cant use hydroxy acids like BHA with it. I use BHA from DY to which i like a lot and would hate to give up.
thanks
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
ketchup wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I see, I gave my friends cp serum a test try, but didn't care for the consistency. I dont believe i had a reaction to it either.

As long as it doesn't cause breakouts im on board to try cp's again;however,doing a little reading i see that you cant use hydroxy acids like BHA with it. I use BHA from DY to which i like a lot and would hate to give up.
thanks

The serums are actually a better one to start with for someone like you. If you've suffered from acne in the past, the serums would cause less problems than a cream. Creams are better for drier skin.

For working on scars, the Super CP Serum is a good one - it's pretty strong. The regular CP Serum is also good and would probably take less time to adjust to (the CPs can take a little bit of time). I actually recommend diluting the serums with water until your skin is use to them, adjusting the percentage of water to CP until you have the CPs at full strength (read my advice at the beginning of this thread on the dilution ratio).

The consistency of the serums is somewhat like water and can be hard to apply. I put about 4-6 drops in the palm of my hand and dip a finger into that to apply to my face.

If you don't like that method, then try the Skin Signals SOLUTION - it comes in a spray bottle and you can just spray that onto your face and rub it in.

You CAN use BHAs and AHAs with CPs - you misunderstood that one. The 2nd generation CPs were designed to be used WITH acids and to not break down when exposed to them. The 1st generation CPs (the GHK versions) are the ones that are delicate and don't 'play' well with acids. The ones that have GHK in them are the Skin Signals CREAM, Super GHK Serum and Super GHK Cream. Everything else sold at Skin Biology has the 2nd generation CPs in them.

I have used DY's BHAs and I also like them. They have a low pH and can be somewhat harsh, but seem to work pretty well. I am using SB's Lactic Power 10 on occasion right now and that is a good one for daily use (not too harsh/strong).

If you decide to apply the CPs all over your face (instead of spot treating acne scars), I would recommend you dilute the serums with equal portions of water until you skin gets use to the CPs. YOu may not have had a reaction from a single application of them, but they are strong and can cause a little bit of those dreaded 'uglies' if you're not careful.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:52 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
ketchup wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

thanks

The serums are actually a better one to start with for someone like you. If you've suffered from acne in the past, the serums would cause less problems than a cream. Creams are better for drier skin.

For working on scars, the Super CP Serum is a good one - it's pretty strong. The regular CP Serum is also good and would probably take less time to adjust to (the CPs can take a little bit of time). I actually recommend diluting the serums with water until your skin is use to them, adjusting the percentage of water to CP until you have the CPs at full strength (read my advice at the beginning of this thread on the dilution ratio).

The consistency of the serums is somewhat like water and can be hard to apply. I put about 4-6 drops in the palm of my hand and dip a finger into that to apply to my face.

If you don't like that method, then try the Skin Signals SOLUTION - it comes in a spray bottle and you can just spray that onto your face and rub it in.

You CAN use BHAs and AHAs with CPs - you misunderstood that one. The 2nd generation CPs were designed to be used WITH acids and to not break down when exposed to them. The 1st generation CPs (the GHK versions) are the ones that are delicate and don't 'play' well with acids. The ones that have GHK in them are the Skin Signals CREAM, Super GHK Serum and Super GHK Cream. Everything else sold at Skin Biology has the 2nd generation CPs in them.

I have used DY's BHAs and I also like them. They have a low pH and can be somewhat harsh, but seem to work pretty well. I am using SB's Lactic Power 10 on occasion right now and that is a good one for daily use (not too harsh/strong).

If you decide to apply the CPs all over your face (instead of spot treating acne scars), I would recommend you dilute the serums with equal portions of water until you skin gets use to the CPs. YOu may not have had a reaction from a single application of them, but they are strong and can cause a little bit of those dreaded 'uglies' if you're not careful.

Thanks foxe! Much appreciated Smile
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Is it recommended to maybe stop CP's for a short time so that you get a restart boost?

I love my CP's and have been using them about 10 months? I use Skin Signals Cream every night, sometimes alternate with Trid. I have been considering stopping them for a short time but must admit find it hard to stop them!!

any advice?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
Is it recommended to maybe stop CP's for a short time so that you get a restart boost?

I love my CP's and have been using them about 10 months? I use Skin Signals Cream every night, sometimes alternate with Trid. I have been considering stopping them for a short time but must admit find it hard to stop them!!

any advice?

This has been discussed on the Skinbio site. You should definitely take breaks. It could be just one or two days every week or a few weeks at a time. They had a scientific discussion about this and I didn't quite understand it. Something about receptor sites. The people discussing it were saying that after long periods of time they had noticed the CPs had become less effective. They took a break in order to increase these receptor sites. The CPs then started working for them again. I really don't know how they could tell the difference. But, these were long term users. Dr Pickart agreed with this protocol. I will try and find the thread for it.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I think I have heard it before, I am just afraid to stop incase there is a reversal of benefits!! I do however feel there has been a plateau of benefits?

It would be great if you could find that thread. I will go over to the SkinBiology forum and have a look

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering for those that have used the Skin Signals Cream....when would it be appropriate for me to move up to nightly application? I am just shy of 3 weeks of using every other day and so far no adverse effects.

foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
bren - you're probably OK to go ahead and use the SScream on a daily basis at this point. But, if you notice any slackness or 'looseness' (that's the skin not adjusting to the strength of the CPs yet), then back off for a little while.

I would notice some of that when I moved up in strength myself. Everytime it happened, I just backed off a bit and things settled back down. I was then able to trying to add the stronger CP in, but at a slower pace.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |