Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I have a jar of super cop 2x that has turned black and is years old. I asked Dr. P and he said it is fine and that they have tested creams that are still active up to 5 years. I think the thinner ones lose strength faster. I have been using my super cop on spots and it is definitely still good. I did throw out some serums that were just as old recently but the Super Cop 2x is really expensive and I was happy to hear I could still use it.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:22 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
I have a jar of super cop 2x that has turned black and is years old. I asked Dr. P and he said it is fine and that they have tested creams that are still active up to 5 years. I think the thinner ones lose strength faster. I have been using my super cop on spots and it is definitely still good. I did throw out some serums that were just as old recently but the Super Cop 2x is really expensive and I was happy to hear I could still use it.

Thank you for the information. I guess CPs that are a year old should still be effective.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:49 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Does anyone know how long CPs are good for? I have many products with a date of April 2011. I noticed that when I receive new products, they were always manufactured several months before. Is there any reliable information regarding this? Thanks.

I think I have read 5 years somewhere (maybe on Skinbio).
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I have also read about 5 years for CPs life span - at least they were tested at the 5 year mark and were still effective.

I keep my creams in the fridge to stay fresh longer. I then put smaller amounts in little jars to keep in my bathroom to use for daily use. You can't do that as easily with the serums. I don't believe the serums lose strength just because they are thinner, mommydearest. They keep their strength just like the creams.

CPs do tend to darken with age, but I can keep the creams from darkening by using this method.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I don't believe the serums lose strength just because they are thinner, mommydearest. They keep their strength just like the creams.

yeh, I was not sure about that and edited my post. At first I did not specify creams but then I remembered the woman I talked to on the phone said I should not keep the CP Serum and I noticed that Dr. P's email said "creams". He might have only said that because we were talking about a cream product though. But I wanted to be safe so changed what I said. You are probably correct.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I am really liking the P&R Day Cover. It's great to use if you are just going out to the store. What I'm wondering is, can you use your regular CPs underneath the Day Cover or would that be too much? Thanks.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi everyone, I am really liking the P&R Day Cover. It's great to use if you are just going out to the store. What I'm wondering is, can you use your regular CPs underneath the Day Cover or would that be too much? Thanks.

I really like the P&R Day Cover too for days I'm not out much. I often use it over Skin Signals serum and never found it to be too much.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi brierrose, thanks for your reply. My real concern is applying two CPs at once. But, since the Day Cover is so low on the strength scale, it shouldn't be a problem.
walinja

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bren,

What is the Eye Tuck product that you mentioned on this forum post (a few pages back)?

I don't find anything about it on the internet.

Thanks
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.easyeyesolutions.com/

Here's the link for it. Also Nanci over at NCN Pro Skincare sells it as well. She sells it in sample sizes so you can try it before you pay for a full size.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
walinja

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bren.

Can you tell me how you liked the Eye Tuck?

Many of the tempoary eye tighenting products I've tried before look great when you first apply them, but as soon as you move your face or (worse yet) smile, the skin crinkles up and looks 10 time worse than without it.

Most of those skin tightening products sort of feel like applying eye whites. Yes, it smooth the look of the skin, but also makes it very dry and crinkly.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I will direct you over here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32702

This is the Easy Eye thread. I really love the stuff to be honest. Not everyone is going to love it, but I have had great success with it.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
walinja

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I knew there was a thread for this topic but couldn't find it using the search function at the top of the forum.

P.S......In my post I meant to say "egg" whites, not "eye" whites.... Embarassed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Haha...I still knew what you meant, no problem. When you have things in common like skincare, we tend to understand each other anyway Wink

I still have a bit of trouble finding stuff with the search function myself. There are lots of things I can't find and I know they have to be out there! Laughing

As far as CP's go. I've been using since early Feb and things are going well. Been spot treating with TriRed around the mouth area and a few other spots. Definite tightening I am seeing under the chin area which probably means the rest of my face is firming up a little bit. I just notice it more in the neck chin area and not so much the face itself as of yet. But no trouble with the uglies knock on wood. Just a little bit of under eye trouble and that seems to be improving due to me avoiding the eye area with the CP and only applying once in a while.

Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
wondering if anyone can answer this?
I have been using the Sin Bio copper peptides (Lactic power 10 morning /Skin signals cream before bed)for about a year now. I am certain it's helped somewhat but I wouldn't say I have seen any dramatic changes.One can never tell since you can't see what you would look like if you were not using it!?
anyway I have recently taken to using pure aloe vera gel direct from the plant as an alternate face treatment because the changes from that have been more than noticeable and very pleasing.
I am wondering since I have been doing the peptides for a year will it still be effective if I only do it every other night now or say 3-4 times a week alternating with my aloe vera which I a loving?or is it really best to apply it every night for optimal results? Perhaps I should instead use a stronger peptide if it is less frequent? I have a bunch of the skin signals liquid spray serum and some trireduction cream left too I could switch to..

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Pollyanna, someone asked a similar question on the SkinBio site. I will see if I can find it, but I remember Dr. P saying to use the CP's 4 times a week to get results from them. HTH!
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:01 am      Reply with quote
thanks Rileygirl! that's good to know! Very Happy I'll check back to see if you find the article...

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
thanks Rileygirl! that's good to know! Very Happy I'll check back to see if you find the article...

Here was the question on the Skinbio forum:

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4570023352/m/1681095516

Skin Biology's answer: He recommends, to get the most benefit from the product, you can use Skin Signals Solution or Skin Signals Cream at least 4 times a week.

So you do not have to use the product every single day to benefit from it.

"Consistent use" can be defined as relatively occasional use of the topical.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

I am just guessing here that the 4 times a week would pertain to all of the CP's.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much for that Rileygirl! That's great to know- solves my problem perfectly Very Happy

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
thanks so much for that Rileygirl! That's great to know- solves my problem perfectly Very Happy

You're welcome, Pollyanna! It is always nice to know how often a product "has" to be used so it will produce results!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone here that used the TriReduction experienced peeling? I am using Skin Signals and spot treating around my mouth with TriRed. Pretty much the whole area from my NL's to my lips...the last day or so I've been experiencing a lot of skin peeling in this area and that's the only thing I can think of that would be causing it.

walinja

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Bren21,

I have never tried the TriReduction, but after using Super Cop for many years and then backing off - because I moved to another state and got busy and out of my routine - blah, blah, blah........I found the Super Cop in my makeup bag and started using it again.

Let me tell you... even spots on my fingers - where it dripped down to - were peeling!

I had worked my way up to the Super Cop lotion and after years of using Skin Biology copper peptide products.....slowly working up to the next stronger product.

Then after not using any of it for a few months (mind you the Super Cop I have is a liquid) even the skin around my ring finger area started peeling.

Very interesting how much tolerance our skin builds up.

So, yes, I would say it is due to the TriReduction and you probably should apply some oil or moisturize first to slow the absorption until your skin gets stronger. Or back off and only use it a few days a week until you build up a tolerance.

Oh..P.S...I just got my order of EES Eye Tuck. I think I like it. Not sure, will have to see. I'm going to play around with using it and the Eye Illuminator, because it feels a tad dry right now.

I'll know for sure when I've had a few glasses of wine. That Always makes my eyes puffy Smile
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Lol...thanks for the advice. I thought it had to be the TriRed because nothing else I can think of would be causing it. I just didn't think CP's caused peeling...so I found my peeling a bit interesting. Glad to know it's not uncommon.

Good for you on ordering the Tuck! I hope it works for you Very Happy

It has been really dry on me lately too, my under eyes are really going through some rough times I attribute to CP's. I had to stop using it there completely because apparently my under eye area cannot handle CP's. I am hoping they start improving back to where they were before I started with the CP's. Wine sounds REALLY good right now! Laughing ...you've planted the seed..haha

AlcoholicArtist
5% products discount

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:00 am      Reply with quote
A few months ago I ripped some skin off my face with a microfiber cloth and the red marks are still there on my cheeks.
I wanted to use copper peptides to help heal and hopefully get rid of the marks, however exfoliatoion on that area is out of the question.

Would this be a problem? I mean if copper peptides bring damage to the surface but you don't slough them off with an exfoliant then will the damage stay there?

I'm only 20 which I'm aware is far too young to use cps but I only want to use them to heal and get rid of these marks.
walinja

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi There,

This is just my opinion from what I understand about CP's but, when you're using them for anti-aging purposes, yes you want to remodel the skin and exfoliate the old cells, so the newer fresher cells are brought to the surface.

But in your case, it sounds like you're using CP's for wound healing and if the skin is raw and exposed due to the tearing you created - I wouldn't worry about exfoliating.

I would apply a thin layer of a weaker CP to help heal the skin.... don't use the strong stuff like Super Coop.

And, make sure to test a tiny area first to make sure it won't burn or irritate. Hopefully, the CP will encourage proper healing. Then once it's healed and no longer raw,sore or open, then you can try to exfoliate if you have a scar of some type or left over mark.

I had a little scar on my cheek (my cat scratched me) and I applied CP's as soon as it scabbed over....(it was really bad.....it was deep and bleeding so I had to wait until it closed first.)

Then later once the scab fell off and the area was completely healed, I started exfoliating that area to thin the scar out.

It did a pretty nice job and I can't feel it anymore as it' not raised like used to be.

Sometimes, if I get a little sun on my face or after exercise when my face is red, you can see a little white line, but nothing bad.

Good luck and I hope this information helps.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |