Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I know 9 weeks is not long enough to remove scars, but I thought it's enough to see difference, and I didn't see any difference/improvement.

I don't have anything personal against Dr. P and skinbio, or I won't buy their products and use them everyday. I had problem understanding Dr. P theory, e.g. scar tissues can be pushed from dermis to epidermis and get dissolved by acid. After trying the products and saw no difference, I doubt their claim to remove scars even more.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:23 am      Reply with quote
there're many people on skinbio forum who claimed their scars are not improved after four months, six months, a few years of cp use.

Only maxxC and stoney said cp worked wonders. However MaxxC made mistakes about the location of his scars a few times, whether it's on left arm or right arm, under left eye or right eye. Another forum user asked him for before and after pics. He said he didn't have any befores and the other forum user said after pic is fine too, but Maxxc couldnt provide any.

Maxxc said some of his scars are gone, vanished in a year. I personally tried many treatments, no scar ever vanished. They can get smaller or change shape over the time, but no treatment made my scar disappear entirely.

Here are some cp users who reported cp didn't work on their scars and the length and details of their usage.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7270023352/m/271109246/p/1

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7270023352/m/3511017795/p/1

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7270023352/m/2241058506?r=1471069506#1471069506

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7270023352/m/2681053136?r=3331063136#3331063136
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
ok, we get it. You don't believe that CPs work on scars. What are you trying to accomplish here?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I want to warn the other users, give my feedback of using the products so other people can make informed decision.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
ok, we get it. You don't believe that CPs work on scars. What are you trying to accomplish here?

Most of the posts since July 9th have pretty much been the same thing. I just don't get why someone would keep posting the same negative opinion over and over for 6 weeks?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
I want to warn the other users, give my feedback of using the products so other people can make informed decision.

I think you can check that off as complete now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
erg wrote:

Most of the posts since July 9th have pretty much been the same thing. I just don't get why someone would keep posting the same negative opinion over and over for 6 weeks?

Totally agree.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I started using SB products for aging issues, not scars, but I do have some experience with that:

My skin is tighter, less wrinkled, more even toned. It's been a long, slow process (around 4 months now) but an old scar that I had on my chin is going away. You cannot see it now except with strong magnification, or right after exfoliating when it turns pink.

The scar was years old, and not even visible any more until I started using P&R cream from Skin Bio. When it became visible again (about 2 weeks in) I was a little freaked, but I had patience, kept using my cream and exfoliating, and it's going back to invisible again. If I hold my chin a certain way you can see it, like a little dimple, but it's a bit smaller indent than it used to be. I suspect that next year this time, there will be no scar at all.

So - my mission here is to inform people that CP's do INDEED WORK FOR SCARS. You have to be patient - 9 weeks is nothing. You can't say they don't work because you didn't give them the chance to work. I would give it a year, maybe even two. And I would use the protocol recommended on the SkinBio site for scars.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
hi Immacolata,

thank you for your experience. May I ask how deep your indented scar was before the treatment and how big it was?

You only used p&r on it? What acid did you use? Did you use any other cp products or a roller?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
This was a very old scar on my chin from when I was in my teens, from broken glass (long story). It was about 1/2 inch long - I don't know how deep - a few millimeters? Definitely visible at first. Over the years it faded more and more, to the point that I no longer noticed or thought about it.

After it reappeared, it was a definite indentation that you could see when my chin was relaxed. Now, it's smoother and flatter, and you can only see it if I tense my chin, then it looks like a dimple.

It works, but it works veeeeeery slooooooowly. And you must, absolutely must, exfoliate.

Someone mentioned needling - this is not necessary and it does NOT "push" the copper peptides into the skin. What needling does is create many tiny wounds and makes the skin create collagen. The copper peptides were originally made for wound healing, so the combination of these two things, needling and CP, can speed your results. But like I said, it is not imperative to use needling to see results.

ETA - sorry, missed a question. I use a lactic acid lotion in the daytime - Neutrogena's Healthy Skin lotion. Not sure of the % but I think it's at least 8% from the feel of it. I used to use TCA but since I started facial exercise I don't use that on my face any more.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
hi Immacolata,

is your scar less visible now than before you started cp? It sounds like it was invisible before you started cp.

thanks
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I've used cp and exfoliation for 2 months+. I have some very mild indented scars on cheek, and they are not showing any changes.

I read everywhere, aha and bha only reach epidermis. Tca reaches dermis. I don't understand how aha bha can dissolve scar tissues.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:45 am      Reply with quote
The scar was invisible with time because it had faded so much into the surrounding skin. I did not notice an indentation; however, I had developed other lines on my mouth and chin so I can't say that it wasn't still there. After the copper peptides, as the surrounding skin was rebuilt and exfoliated over time, the scar became visible again. It is now slowly flattening out, key word being SLOWLY.

As you've been told, 2 months is not long enough for some scars, and some skin. I have a skin type that responds very quickly to copper peptides - they proved to be my "magic bullet."

If the CPs truly didn't work for you (and you have not used them long enough to know if they would work or not - some people use them for 6 months to a year before seeing results) then you should just drop it and move on to something else. Your experience is NOT the experience of many, many satisfied users of these products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:41 am      Reply with quote
thank you for your reply.

cp exists in human blood in higher concentration in young people, so I can see it may have anti-aging benefits.

you said it works slowly, but the key is HOW slowly. Unlike you who have one unnoticeable scar, I have serious scars to treat and I won't be satisfied or amused to see my scars play hide and seek with me for 200 years before going away.

Again, I have all kind of scars, some only visible in magnifying mirror. You can't say my experience is not typical, I've seen many people complained about scars not improving after many months or years. I'm in my early 30s, with shallow and deep scars, if it doesn't work for me, I doubt it'd work for other people.

By "work", I mean real improvement, not minor softening, or scar shows one day and not on another day.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I would say that your experience is typical of someone who thinks that if a cream isn't an instant, presto-changeo miracle, that it's worthless.

There are no miracles. It takes time, and it takes work. I noted that in a previous post you said you were using a .2 and a .5 mm roller - those are for product penetration only, not scars.

I posted because I thought I could help you, but you do not want help. You seem to only want confirmation that Dr. Pickart is some kind of bad guy - well, he's not. Copper peptides work - how well they work is up to the regime, the skin, and the patience of the user.

Nobody can convince you otherwise, so this is the last post I am making on the subject. I'm done - good luck on your quest.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I had a keloid that I used CP serum on for quite some time. I posted over on the board at Skin Biology as well.

I applied the CP serum and covered it all the time with the plastic part of a bandage and after a period of time, the keloid got much smaller to the point that it barely shows at this point. It still needs more time and refinement but if it never got smaller,I would have to say I'm very satisfied with the results.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I think cp may work for minor superficial blemish. I haven't seen any improvement to my indented acne scar.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I feel using cp to remove indented scars is like eating orange to cure cancer. It takes literally forever.

Skinbio makes claims that cp removes scars is like juice manufacturers claim drinking their juice can cure cancer or farmer claims eating their apples replaces the needs to see doctors.

It's UNREAL and over exaggerated claim.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yah, whatever.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I am new to CP. Got info a couple of days ago regarding fuss about CP so I went to EDS product review forum and I found this interesting thread. And I am very intrigue! Smile

So basically, I am using Obagi kit for approx. 8 years and I am very happy with it.

I am now sort-of branching out to unknown territories - i.e. MAYBE will try out copper peptides in conjunction with my Obagi lines.
I am open to suggestions. I read quite good reviews on Copper peptides here.... except "uglies" which I don't want to have... Again the key is go SLOWLY on CP.

On another note, I wanted to help my sister.
She has sagging skin on her jaw lines and hooded eyelids and maybe I could recommend CP to her to improve her looks if CP can really tighten sagging skin.

My sister will thank me if I can suggest something.. She is not much of a skin-care junkie like I am for sure Smile Smile Smile

Any recommendation on how to help her?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I would first go to the Skin Biology site and read up - there is extensive information there on CP's and how to use them.

Around her eyes, your sister will want to use the weakest strength.

I also wanted to suggest facial exercise for your sister's sagging jaw, in addition to CPs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Hello Immacolata Smile

I went to Skin Biology website and it is giving so much info! I think it will take me half a day to read and absorb all info Sad
And I am now more confused Sad

Well, I advised my sister a couple of times to massage the sagging area of her jaw... Don't know if she is listening... I will tell her again.

Immacolata wrote:
I would first go to the Skin Biology site and read up - there is extensive information there on CP's and how to use them.

Around her eyes, your sister will want to use the weakest strength.

I also wanted to suggest facial exercise for your sister's sagging jaw, in addition to CPs.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:28 am      Reply with quote
They have a forum - click Testimonials at the top of the page. You can ask the man himself what he would recommend.

I am going to PM you my thoughts on the face exercises - I don't want to bring this thread off track!

5% products discount

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Used a combination of Super CP serum morning, and lacsal at night for 1 year. No results. Still riddled with acne marks, and it seems larger and more noticeable pores. Very disappointing. I have the same red marks that I have had before the treatment. The copper peptides did nothing for me, absolutely nothing. Except for maybe increasing oil production and thus giving me larger pores.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried stronger peels? I used TCA for 6 months, doing one a month, and it disappeared my pores.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |