Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well, to each his own. They certainly have worked for me - my skin was thin and papery, seriously crosshatched and lines all over the place.

I have heard that Retin-A is very powerful and at one time wanted to try it for sun damage, but thankfully don't have to see a dermatologist for it now, the P&R cream has really done the trick. I switched from regular P&R to P&R with retinol - I believe the retinol adds an extra punch - sun spots on my chest cleared up within a few weeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Beequeen, which CPs was your mother using? Was it the GHK-cu or the second generation CPs. Thanks.
Gosha
5% products discount

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I am using CPs. After 5 months of using CP serum, I am slowly switching to Skin Signals solution, I use it every other day. I usually use it with Retin-A micro gel, but I ran out of it and got generic tretinion gel. I think it is alcohol based (I think like all generic tretinion gels are) because there is a strong smell of alcohol and it's listed as alcohol denat. in the ingredients. Do any of you know if alcohol based generic tretinoin gel diminishes or cancels out the potency of Skin Signals? Or does help penetration? Thank you.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Gosha, they would have an answer for that question at the Skin Biology forum. I personally have no idea, but my suspicion is that alcohol is not good for the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:37 am      Reply with quote
We all want to have beautiful skin.... However, CP's is not for everyone, depending on what you need to accomplish on your skin.

Because of (mostly) good reviews on EDS re CP's, I bought some. Gave my mom to try super CP. She has wrinkly skin on face/neck and maybe her skin will improve using this product, I don't know. Any skin-care products to help her look her best before going overseas would be awesome.

I know it will take time of at least 3 or more months to see results. I am not complaining yet as long as I see some improvements Smile
I would call it "trial and error" basis....

Immacolata wrote:
Well, to each his own. They certainly have worked for me - my skin was thin and papery, seriously crosshatched and lines all over the place.

I have heard that Retin-A is very powerful and at one time wanted to try it for sun damage, but thankfully don't have to see a dermatologist for it now, the P&R cream has really done the trick. I switched from regular P&R to P&R with retinol - I believe the retinol adds an extra punch - sun spots on my chest cleared up within a few weeks.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Gosha - if you're at all concerned, try separating them by 45 minutes or so. The GHK molecule is more fragile than the 2nd generation CP and that one might be something to be concerned about. But, since you're using the Skin Signals Solution, which only has the 2nd gen CP in it, you should be safe. I use Retin A Micro (which is a gel form - but actually looks kinda creamy) with my CPs. Lately, though, I've been using the RAM at night and the CPs in the AM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I've been without a computer for a few weeks, so haven't done a lot of browsing on these forums I like to visit. But, I just peaked over at Skin Bio's forum and found this response about someone's results on scars (and it seems pretty impressive, to me). The biggest news on it is how long it took to see improvements - 2 years. That does speak volumes on how slow it can take with CPs, but that it does eventually get there with persistence.

Quote:
I had a raised facial scar tissue from IPL, which was worsened by a Cosmelan acid peel back in 2008. I used CPS, starting with the GHK and worked my way up to the strongest CPs very slowly. That scar is gone. It took two years with improvements every week, then months, and so on. When my skin got irritated, I backed off.

I've been really busy lately and went on many vacations with my family. I don't know about pitted scars, but I know I had a raised ugly thick scar tissue, which is no longer there. I only used SB products on the scar tissue (SB acids, CPs, etc) and no other treatments or products.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7270023352/m/1891023246

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I should post over there about my chin scar. I have to scrunch up my chin with real effort before it shows, and it just shows as a dimple. Now the indent is so shallow that you can't see it - a definite improvement, one that I really wasn't looking for since the scar didn't bother me as much as the lines and papery skin bothered me!

YES - it does work on scars, if you are very patient.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I used cp for three months and didn't see an improvement. There's also another new post on skin bio forum saying the user used cp for eight months with no improvement.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew - we know that CPs haven't worked for you. nothing seems to work for you as it is. you've had no success with fraxel laser, with retin-A, or with AHA. you also never seem satisfied with what you've tried. I think it's time you move on to something else

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
If you can keep posting saying cp worked for you, why cant other people post their real negative feedback?

Aha, retin-a and fraxel have been proven to not be the cure for scars, you don't have to attack me just because I said they didn't work.

I haven't found anything to move on to and I haven't used up the cps I bought, so I'll keep using them and keep reporting my feedback.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
The CPs that are causing the hundreds of blackheads, are those the CPs that you mean, that you're going to keep using? Mmmm, okay.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Foxe, do you have any experience with the Skin Signals solution? I want to move up to a stronger one. I'm using P&R with retinol now but want to drop the retinol, I want to go back to using my CPs in the daytime and exfoliant cream at night. I've reversed that while using the high retinol P&R, which I use at night before bed.

I understand that SS is the second generation CPs?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:18 am      Reply with quote
as I said many times, blackheads don't bother me, I want to try cp for scars.

skin signal solution did nothing for me. It's a waste.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh, your name is Foxe now? I didn't ask you, and am well aware of your opinion on Skin Signals. Who could help but be aware? You've made it your life's mission to force it on everyone.

Thanks for your unsolicited, unsound advice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I did it for people like you who described cps as magical cream and try to mislead everybody into buying.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:50 am      Reply with quote
A heads up - squeezing out hundreds of blackheads is a sign that the skin care product you have chosen is not for you. Occasional gentle extraction of blackheads is fine - but subjecting your skin to that kind of abuse will certainly not help, but CAUSE scarring.

I realize that it's comforting for you to place the blame anywhere else but where it belongs (with you).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have to squeeze out blackheads any more cause I use peel every week and exfoliations everyday. I don't appreciate other people meddling my life and tell me what to do. Focus on your wrinkles please.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
If you don't want people telling you what to do you shouldn't be seeking advice on a skin care forum. Unless, as I suspect, you're here neither to give nor receive advice...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm here for advice but I just don't want advice from YOU. You should worry your wrinkles.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Foxe, do you have any experience with the Skin Signals solution? I want to move up to a stronger one. I'm using P&R with retinol now but want to drop the retinol, I want to go back to using my CPs in the daytime and exfoliant cream at night. I've reversed that while using the high retinol P&R, which I use at night before bed.

I understand that SS is the second generation CPs?

Skin Signals Solution is 2nd generation with added collagen and elastin which help greatly for damaged (aged) skin. But, it is a serum rather than a cream so it may not be the best for dry skin. I see you've been using creams and wanted to bring that up. You could possibly top it with an oil for added moisture.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
as I said many times, blackheads don't bother me, I want to try cp for scars.

skin signal solution did nothing for me. It's a waste.

When did you start using Skin Signals Solution? I thought you'd been using the SC2X for spot treatments as you had mentioned this several times in the past.

I would not have suggested Skin Signals for scar treatment - it is more for aged skin/sun damaged skin.

Quote:
I want to try cp for scars.
How deep are your scars and how many do you have? Are they ice pick or box car scars? Or rolling scars? How old are they? Do they have any redness(post-inflamatory hyperpigmentation) in them still? This information can help give you advice if you truly would like some.

You do seem more intent on causing a ruckus as you continually say negative comments where non are needed. I would not mind helping those who truly act like help is what they want rather than someone who comes across as you do. If you can come back and answer my questions faithfully and leave the negative aside (as you've already presented it), then I can surely be of help to you. BUT, (and it's a big but), you do need to adhear to the advice given, and that is something else you also have trouble with.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
I did it for people like you who described cps as magical cream and try to mislead everybody into buying.

Good Lord! It's comments like this one that turns me (and I'm sure many, many others) off.

This is a review thread on CPs which I started to share my results with CP. I had been asked to start this thread by others since I'd mention CPs here and there in other threads. Many, many satisfied users have peppered their comments in this thread and throughout other threads here on EDS. Like-wise, there are a few dissatisfied users of CPs. When I did my initial research into CPs, I took note of who and how many satisfied/dissatisfied CP users there were. I found there were scores of happy ones while there were many less than that of unhappy ones.

Those who give positive results are not claiming CPs to be a 'magical cream' and are also not 'misleading' others into buying them. That is some strong wording that out of line here. when you do actually cry wolf - you may find no one will listen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have many acne scars, most of them not deep, no redness. Some are slight indentations, some ice picks, a couple boxscars. I used super cop2x, lacsal, p&r, weekly peel for three months, single meddling, dermastamp a few times. Improvement so far: ZERO!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe, thanks for your input! I'll be ordering the Skin Signals next month. I will get the cream - it's over $50 so I'll get a free bonus, yay! I'm thinking I want to try the perfume oils - Ylang Ylang and Nutmeg sounds awesome. Or maybe the tin peptide hand cream - but really my hands don't need it. Just from applying the P&R once a day and rubbing the excess into my hands and nails has given me super strong fingernails!

Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |