Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
gretchen wrote:

Omega-3 causes cancer, slows the metabolism and is pro-aging.

I have great skin, actually, and have been told I pass for 10+ years younger. For my age I am also almost high school skinny.

Curious, gretchen - why do you use CP serum if you have great skin? For maintenance? Or do you have great skin because you use CP serum?

I have great skin as a result of my overall regimen which includes CP.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks hon - I feel the same way about CP! I recently lost a good deal of weight and I feel that along with facial exercise, it kept my skin from sagging - quite the opposite in fact. And that wasn't due only to the exercise - there is a marked difference in the texture and thickness of my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata do you still think your scar is improved or it only seem to change now and then and eventually change back to original shape?

thanks
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
No, it's definitely changed. Now, there is no scar tissue at all. It is like a shallow little dimple, you can't see it until I smile and it turns into a tiny crease.

I guess that to make it completely flat and smooth, I would have to get filler, but it's small enough that it doesn't bother me, and nobody notices.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your response. So cp didn't fill in your indented scar or my indented scar. You're ok with it as you only have one small scar and you don't mind it. Unfortunately I have many scars, not deep, but many. Now can you understand why I'm angry when cp is advertised to reduce the appearance of scars and my indentions are not changed or improved?

I think when people look for scar reduction treatment, they want their scars to be less visible, not to get rid of scar tissue so the indentations look the same or deeper.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I understand your disappointment. I've been impatient with you in the past, because sometimes it seems that you immediately dismiss any suggestions, and that you expect too much too soon. I would like to apologize for my impatience and rude behavior.

I am sorry that you're having to deal with these scars. I've been doing a little research myself, and pitted scars are the most difficult to treat. Are you still doing needling? I understand that improvement is possible, but improvement will come very slowly the worse the scars are.

I've read that for severe indentations, filler may be the best option. Perhaps in time the needling and CP will soften the scar tissue and reduce its appearance, and getting filler could flatten them out a bit more. I don't know how long filler lasts though, this could be an expensive option.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Immacolata
for your reply. I was rude too and I'd like to appologize for everything inapproriate I said。

I know I sound dismissive sometimes. I have scars of every kind, not deep, but many, rolling, pitted, box scars. I went to derm at the begining and they said there's no good treatment. Filler is not an option for scars on nose as the filler will pop right out.

I was desperate then I found a laser clinic. They told me "most" parients had 70% improvement with 6 treatments. I spent a year and $5000 on 8 treatments, no improvements. I asked the technicians why there's no change the first few times I came in and they always said it took time. In the end, I wouldn't bother asking them why there's no improvement as after I researched more, most people said laser doesn't help. I actually did some research before purchasing the laser treatment and found good and bad comments. I decided to take my chances as I really really want to recuce my scars at any cost.

After realizing laser doesn't work, I started searching for new treatment and found skin bio's cp. Again there's good and bad reviews, and I decided to give it a try. I was hopeful at the beginning, I've seen changes along the way, all due to temporary inflamation. Scars seems to improve a bit and stop improving and once I stop applying the cps, the scars reverted to its original shape. After 5 months' of following skin biology regime, I seriously doubt what the intions of those people who said "cps are very effective on pitted scars" are.

I tried to encourage myself with the success stories of people who saw results after 6 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 5 months, etc, but after all these time, my scars are the same.

After trying is myself, I think it's pretty safe to say, those who claim their indented scars disappeared in 4 months lied or are spokesman of skin biology.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
To answer your earlier question, I still use single needling and dermastamps. I don't see any lasting changes. Scars look better for a few days due to inflamation and then revert back to previous shape and depth.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have a chicken pox scar from the 6th grade which diminished from 2 years of using the fairly mild CP Serum.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply gretchen. May I ask how big/deep your scar was? It took you exactly two years to get rid of it?

thanks
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
sorry you said the scar diminished, is it still there but is less noticeable? May I ask what cp products you use?
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just an update, I've been using skin biology copper peptides, peels, dermaroller to treat indented scars since July. The improvement so far has been 0.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Gee thanks for the update newuser, but we already know you don't seem to get improvements from treatments you've used for your acne scars. You've said you also saw no results from 8 fraxel treatments over a year and nothing from Retin A. You *might* just be one of those that doesn't get great results from products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I just bought my second tube of Skin Signals Cream (love) and got the CELES Therapeutic Oil as a sample. It has cholesterol esters, lanosterol esters and squalane.

Absolutely love this!! Soaks right in - not too heavy.

BTW, they are also giving away a very generous size sample of foot cream (has to be at least an ounce). It has Vitamin A and CPs. I am using it on my hands...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Gee thanks for the update newuser, but we already know you don't seem to get improvements from treatments you've used for your acne scars. You've said you also saw no results from 8 fraxel treatments over a year and nothing from Retin A. You *might* just be one of those that doesn't get great results from products.

I didn't use retin-A often enough to comment on its efficiency. Fraxel restore has been proven by many to not work well on acne scars.

Cps have been on market for ling time, only you, Maxxc and Stoney raved about it. Stoney said there're zillions of scar tissues in her pores, she pulls them out with tweezer. I honestly doubt if she can tell the difference of scar tissue and BLACKHEAD.

Those who think cp improves skin texture, try to stop using cps for a couple weeks, and you'll see your skin gets saggy right away. Why? Cps dont improve your skin or make it thicker, it keeps it in inflammatory state so it looks firmer from the micro-swelling. Cp is a big hype.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
There are people who have had positive results with CPs... read thru this thread. And just as many who have not.

I have seen a difference - mainly in the clarity of my skin and a very, very slight tightening. I was not trying to remove scars or do heavy duty remodeling, just prevention.

Sometimes I use Skin Signals Cream or sometimes I apply GHK CPs (either NCN or Skin Bio) after a light dermaroll.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
That is completely untrue, newusernew. I stopped using CP's for 5 weeks, I just started back yesterday, and no change in my skin. It didn't get saggy or regain its old texture. It still looks much, much better than when I started with CPs.

I understand that they did not work for you and I'm sorry about that. But saying that they're nothing but hype is just a blatant untruth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Just started using Skin Signals - this is my third day. I had taken a few weeks off from CPs and am now starting back. I like this cream - it absorbs MEGA FAST and it seems to leave my skin softer than the P&R. Pretty color too. I'll post more updates as I make my way through the tube!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I was asked to start this thread by some fellow EDSers as a review since I had been mentioning CPs in some other threads. Yes, I'm a happy user of them, but for the most part - I just answer a lot of questions of people asking about CPs. **And, it helps to read the whole thread before asking questions - that alone can answer most questions for the majority of people.

I've found dozens and dozens of happy users participating in this thread (but only a handful that weren't). There have also been just as many that joined in to ask questions and many of those have come back to report good results. I've found that many who come here to ask questions don't bother to come back afterwards. I believe (from the types of questions or comments they make) that they've purchased the CPs and are happy with them or found nothing to report. But, there are just as many who have reported good results as those who just came to ask questions. So, more than just Stoney and Maxx and me.

I have also stopped using CPs for long periods of time and my skin did NOT revert back to its original state. The improvements are permanent as far as texture improvements, scar improvements, etc. I think my skin may have missed the CPs in regards to the firmness improvements, but they did not regress dramatically. And, when I did go back to using CPs, the firmness did return.

Stoney is not pulling out blackheads, BTW. She has buried damage. Much like balls of dead tissue or scar tissue.

It's true that CPs have been on the market a long time. I do read of users who have used them longer than myself every now and then. They just don't appear to be frequent forum users and only pop up every now and then. If they've used CPs longer than me - they'd be pretty happy users, I'd say.

I'd recommend new visitors to read the entire thread before asking any questions. You get a better idea of what you're in for that way.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody reduced their scars except for foxe, maxxc and stoney? Do you know how small pore is? How is it possible for scar tissues to be in pores? I used bp, never experienced what stoney talked about.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have reduced a scar on my chin, as you recall I have talked about that in this thread.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi Immacolata,

Thank you for your reply. I remember you said your scar is very small and it's still indented after using cp. Did you end up buying cps from skin actives? How did you like it?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
No, I haven't gotten the skin actives yet. I still don't know if it's something I'll do, it's low on the priority list nowadays. I'm going to be making more body lotion soon, and I might go ahead and get a tube then and separate out 4 oz and try it. I have to order more preservative, I'm completely out.

Yes, there is still a small indent in my chin. However, it is no longer hard - there is no pink scar tissue, it's all skin like the rest of my face. This took a long time to happen - as I said before, the scar was hidden and reappeared as my skin got smoother. I could have filler there, I suppose, but I'd rather buy a new wardrobe than spend the money to get rid of something that looks like a dimple and doesn't really bother me.

I read something about a laser that is indicated for acne scar treatment - I'm going to see if I can find the article and I'll PM you with the link. It looks like something you might be interested in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Immacolata. I agree cps can improve pigmentation, but it didn't change the depths of my scars.

I tried fraxel restore laser, it didn't help and it's expensive.
havana8

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
Thank you Immacolata. I agree cps can improve pigmentation, but it didn't change the depths of my scars.

I tried fraxel restore laser, it didn't help and it's expensive.

Here also are a couple of good articles on options for improving/reducing acne scarring that might be helpful:

http://www.skintour.com/in-depth/acne-scars-and-other-scars-in-depth

http://www.skintour.com/q-and-a/Which-laser-would-be-best-for-acne-scars-if-Im-asian-and-had-cystic-acne-.html.html

http://www.skintour.com/q-and-a/Would-fractionated-carbon-dioxide-laser-be-helpful-for-me-with-acne-scars-.html

http://www.skintour.com/guide-to-cosmetic-treatments/laser-treatments/guide-to-fractionated-carbon-dioxide-laser
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |